/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1081 - rabit Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-7WQn-SXYZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Sl4Kb3QxF0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=YMUbRCpPedc
youtube.com/watch?v=SZes2J4ALt0
youtube.com/watch?v=OXBwvNPKyHo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go slow

Blaze 2 was better than Blaze 3 and Shade, fight me

HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

*conniving*

>Sonic is trapped in a franchise that constantly upsets their fans
his life is hell

there has never been a robot cooler than Omega.

I wonder if Sonic's torturing was just people endlessly calling him slow.

hand holdu

>Bum limit you fool
>I make new

Well there go my sides.

>rabit edition
Best oc rabbit is Mallow oujo-sama!

Best canon rabbit is Vanilla

But you posted Gamma.

>not blazexmarine

Are they supposed to be in their Super and Burning forms respectively?

Final stream request for now. Thanks for putting up with my junky art, anons. Will be doing requests again in a bit.

>compliments Omega while posting Gamma
respect the dead user

HAND HOLDU
i don't think so

>You can't do anything, so don't even try. Get some help. Don't do what Sonic does. Sonic, dead or alive, is mine.

What does Sonic do

Be annoying as FUCK.

erotic

Mecha > Metal

Silver, the letter was one thing but this is getting really pathetic. Move on.

Nice, I love those kinds of outfits.

What

Post Hopes for gameplay and plot for Mania 2

Fuck I didn't mean to post that Blaze with that reply

>ghost posts
Spooky

Amy Roooose

>Most of the image songs in the series are from the character's perspectives, the lyrics to the songs indicate more about that character's personality and perspective than they do about the objective reality of the world and characters involved.

What does Vela-Nova indicate about Blaze's personality and perspective?
youtube.com/watch?v=-7WQn-SXYZ4

only sonic is playable

Did someone say "hand holdu"?

Rocket Metal Sonic > Metal Sonic > Mecha Sonic > Silver Sonic > Robo Sonic

Real talk, that paper craft is adorable.

She wants to "do it".

>gameplay
I have no idea what else can be added that won't make classic purists angry. Personally I want to see those air boost moves from Sonic Advance 2 in the game. You know the ones where if you're running really fast and run off a ramp or something, you can get a little bit of a boost upwards if you do the move. It's nice for skipping obstacles and getting more air. I feel like this would be fun, especially for speedrunners.

>plot
we're never going to get anything more complicated than "stop Eggman"

Vela Nova isn't an image song; it's just a character theme. That being said, the theme is supposed to sound mysterious (and somewhat sensual, as Naganuma said)

With Sonic?

That ain't even Blaze's official song, I don't think she has one (strangely). It's just the closest there is.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

I need more pictures of them fugging!

youtube.com/watch?v=Sl4Kb3QxF0Y

This looks horrible. Hope GHPAnon's Sonic VR thing turns out better. Then again, VR is pretty much dead, anyway.

If we get returning stages, they're based on classic games that aren't 2D (3D Blast, R, etc.) or are from the portable games (Chaos, T.Trouble, etc.)
Really, just stages that aren't from 1-3k and CD, I wanna see new shit.

it looks especially bad towards the end when he tries to run fast. if vr catches on, i hope sonic team doesn't do anything with it.
another thing i always hate about 3d sonic fan stuff is when people trace green hill and then simply extrude it out so that there's just this slice of platform in the middle of nothing.

kek

Nah it's her theme. Look it up.

It's not, she doesn't have one.

Not lewd enough.

StoryAnon here once again. Like I said toward the tail-end of the last thread, I've been working on "the bible" and what is and isn’t allowed today (again, wanna start this late this month or early next month), and I wanted to get community input for a few more things. You guys have already decided that Cassia should return and be well, BUT at a great cost. Cassia will not die, that is for certain. We also know that Eggman will not be in this (dead? stuck in Null Space? no one knows), and that it takes place after Shattered World Crisis in The new 252, and after Forces. Where we will see a new threat rise. Current guaranteed ins/outs are as follows.

In: :Cassia, Clove, Nephthys, Dr. Ellidy, Larry Lynx, Relic, Ben, Team Dark, Moss, Thunderbolt and, when the time is right, all core Freedom Fighters

Out: Storybook characters, St. John, Mammoth Mogul, MUH ECHIDNAS, Eggette,

New faces: THE Buddy from Sonic Forces, an absolute maximum of 1-2 side buddies, New leader of Squad Jackal (name to be determined... BY YOU when the time comes), Beignet (from Sonic Mars).

Nephthys The Egyptian Vulture, Shard and Mina are maybe characters. Mina would not be a freedom fighter, but a secondary character instead. Share is being considered.

That being said, and I might just make a poll later, but I currently have this on my mind, and some question for the community, in the following post of mine since this is too long for Veeky Forums...

1. Should there be any explanation of where big, cream, t-pup, Nicole, Sally, Antoine, rotor, and Bunnie are during the events of Forces? This would take place during the Forces game, just what we didn't see.

2. If Shard were to return, should it have anything to do with Nicole? I'm currently musing the idea of Nicole holding a key to his comeback. With what i have in mind, it would allow for Shard to come back in a similar form to his last appearance(not the Gemerl is now Shard thing that others have done, I'm not against that, but I want this to be different if we go this path).

3. What characters/lines/tributes that have not been in New 252 would you like to see referenced or paid tribute to, if any?

4. There aren’t too many Freedom Fighter groups touched on in New 252. This story will cover some, but which old canon freedom fighter groups would you like to see returning? Note that Substitue will not happen, as Larry Lynx is returning. Larry actually will be fairly important, but I'll leave it at that...

Again, thanks for all the support and advice. I wanna make sure this ends up being enjoyable and done as well as it can be.

You want to provide evidence of that? They've only ever used it in SATBK and even then she had an original composition for her "theme", the stage theme just changes to Vela Nova.

I don't have anything you probably don't already have

I want Mania 2 to move us past CD and represent the gap from Classic to Adventure.

This, like how Sonic gets green eyes

Sonic Advance 1-3 have pretty open maps and a lot of routes

Yet why do I not find exploring them as enjoyable as the Genesis titles? I guess a wider screen would help.

It's too late and I'm too tired to argue about something this pointless and stupid.

I don't like how the Werehog was portrayed in the Archie comics. It felt hamfisted and pointless.

The only reason the Werehog showed up was because it appeared in a game.

So yes, it was hamfisted and pointless.

>Burning Blaze
People seem to always get details about her wrong, the tips of her hair on her head lose their darker color when she transforms, and the cuffs of both her gloves and shoes catch on fire, they don't just simply change color.

Relook at her model in the DS game cutscenes to see them close up if you don't believe.

StoryAnon here, I'm listening. I personally liked it, especially how mighty defused him and Moss showed him not to hate it, because he is it, and that if He is a Hero, the Werehog will be as well. That being said, there will be no Werehogs in this, that ship has sailed. Correct, it was done out of necessity, but because it was done, we did get some cool stuff out of it. A nice take on Mighty and Ray, Moss, and that awesome Thunderbolt Beatdown.

Can all the Blazeposting calm down a little bit please? We can go a few posts without having to discuss your waifu.

I feel the opposite. I thought it was done well and I liked how it was triggered by stress and Sonic couldn't even control it at first (which makes sense, after all it was Dark Gaia energy). They had a lot of goofy fun with it at times too, like when Sonic goes Werehog to take advantage of the cleats. The fact that they tied Mighty into controlling it was kind of cool too, Mighty knows how to take it slow.
I think it being hamfisted was a given, anyway. It's an adaptation of a game gimmick after all.

Honestly user you're fucking alright and I respect your opinion

It's just that the whole point of the Werehog was that it was a subversion of the typical werewolf scenario by giving Sonic full control from the start, as well as tying into Sonic's positive willpower and determination. Taking that away just leaves it as a cliché form, and even after Sonic gains control, nothing major is really done with it.

>They don't know

Wait, is this not Blaze's theme?

youtube.com/watch?v=YMUbRCpPedc

This, really.
No offense, but I think over 3 quarters of a thread is more than enough for now.

Fuck you. It's our time!

>they haven't caught up on their Sonic lore

Seriously.
The last thread was already getting overbearing.

It is. We even get a Spanish guitar version of it in black Knight

youtube.com/watch?v=SZes2J4ALt0

Listen closely towards the beginning.

Not to mention werehog is daddy af
Now just slap a spiked collar on him and he can take my ass any day.

I don't hear it.

user what the fuck is wrong with you

my echidna

doo doo doo whoah doo doo doo

now listen to first 7 seconds of Percival's theme.

Ah, I hear it now.

Anons... Generations has been retconned so that Classic & Modern are separate dimensions. This carries over to Mania and Forces

youtube.com/watch?v=OXBwvNPKyHo

I feel like GBA instrumentals really murdered the Advance games' otherwise rad music, but this shit really sticks out to me. I love the weird trumpet-like sounds.

Classic Sonic is a different from Modern Sonic. What you're looking for is Pocket Adventure which is Modern Sonic in a classic setting, the spiritual precursor to Sonic Advance.

Who says Forces is canon?

As soon as they quit shoving classic in modern games they'll forget all about that.

Yeah, this is why the story is so inconsistent.

No one said the Storybook games were canon until Generations. No one said Generations was canon until Forces. Forces is canon until Sega explicitly says or considers it non-canon.

So will this weakling stand the test of time and be fondly remembered as an antagonist or will he be Mephiles tier?

Who?

I want Werehog sonic to kill me instantly.

He's so based.

I really hope they use him in future titles, desu. I like his design.
Also some cutscenes with his mask off. He's really cute.

I'm gonna assume it won't be canon given the critical reception.

He fucking sucks bro. Only good for memes.

>Implying Mephiles is a bad villain
He was literally the closest villain to success yet.

Just the "I'm not weak" thing and him having an awesome theme song as well as comic appearances was enough for people to remember him. Sure people can say he sucks as a villain, but he most certainly won't be forgotten.

The latter. They'll probably use the "it was all an illusion from the Phantom Ruby" excuse to retcon the game too.

>be fondly remembered as an antagonist
Literally the only good thing about him is the weak meme he brought.

That doesn't mean he was good.

But... the storybook games (or at least Secret Rings) are considered bad by most people, but are now canon.

>but are now canon.

How? Who? When? Where? Why?

>a better sidekick than Tails

The worst thing is that this could've been easily prevented if they stopped shafting the poor fox.