Suleiman I Kanuni "the Lawgiver"

That's a big turban.

For you

>twf no slav gf so hot you send your entire Empire into a death spiral of stagnation just to be close and love her
And people say slav qts are just a meme.

How did he send his entire Empire into a death spiral of stagnation

He was the first Sultan to officially marry someone in several centuries, actually the second Sultan in history of the Ottoman state to ever do so and he married a slavic slave girl from Ukraine.
He loved his new wife so much that he shat upon traditions that were supposed to properly prepare heirs for the Sultan and limit the influence of mothers and harems on the state. His own son from that wife was already damaged by that - he was the first Ottoman Sultan that never personally led his forces into battle.
Soon after that the era called "Sultanate of Women" began, when Sultans became a bunch of pampered sissies puppeted by their mums or wives. Ottoman Empire stagnated, it's expansion stopped, it started slowly getting cucked by western powers while it's internal problems multiplied.
It's ironic because Suleiman was the man that brought the Empire to it's peak, but he was also the man that layed the groundwork for it's eventual downfall.
It's also a really cool romantic story.

>Suleiman I Lawgiver the Lawgiver

t. Akbar the Great

why did he wear the hat

If it were pulled off, would he be forced to abdicate?

everyone knows that the more power you have the bigger your hat should be

see: the papacy

He was a Touhou

@1967250
4u

Another proud irishman, just like the prophet Mohammad

>He was the first Sultan to officially marry someone in several centuries

What. So the heirs of the Sultan were their children born out of wedlock from concubines?

No more turkroach threads. I know your Erdogan is desperately gearing up Turkey for an Ottoman period but you suck.

You have really never heard of harems?

Yes, of course. But I thought they were only for pleasure. The Sultans actually having children with their sex slaves, and those children being their heirs is news to me. Although I think I heard it happen a few times in some Chinese dynasties.

>Some Chinese dynasties
more like almost all Chinese dynasties.
The Ottomans suffered a lot from succession crisises with their many heirs, it was so bad they almost went extinct at one point. Read up on it, the struggle was real.
They 'fixed' the system in the end by locking up all claimants in the 'kafes'(the 'golden cage near the harem) where they'd be for the rest of their lives. It's understandable that when the sultan died and his brother succeeded the brother would be a bit loony.
At least it was better than murdering all your brothers and their children every succession because that was how it used to work.

In China they had to formulate mathematically the order in which the emperor laid with his wife and concubines. Though some emperors just didn't give a shit.

Turks are muslim celts anyway.
See the galatians thas where most of them come from.

What is this spicy new meme

is "Magnificent Century" historically accurate or good in any way? should i watch it?

It's a good watch, but expect a lot of characters to be suddenly put on a bus.

yep, the son from a concubine is considered a legitimate son in the ottoman empire
harem was basically a school to create noble-ladies for the empire. the sultan chose a few favorites and laid only with them, rest of the concubines were sent to prominent generals and bureaucrats as wives

the reason for its existence was pleasure at first, but as the empire grew it turned into what it was because the osmanlı family feared other houses taking over the empire from them. in turkic culture there are no nobles and god-given powers is for mythological persons only, so any other family could over take the empire easily if they had enough power

so what did this guy do again