/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/BZsXJB9T

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

Elder Thread:

Also, a question: What characters do you always kill when playing a TES game?

Elves

khajiit

Nazeem, console kill him everytime and put his corpse in the Cloud District pond

hostiles

Now you're going to get it! How does it feel to know death is near? FETCHER!

MoreHUD for Oblivion when

Where are the husbandos at?

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

Why aren't you using anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering

See

Around

Dagoth Ur post.

nobody wants them around

imperial bandits

I'm taking the boys on a beyond skyrim playthrough for the first time. When my game stops crashing

I hear him. Do you?

non-elves

oops

Are there any other mask mods that have that dashing highwayman look to them?

This one is adequate, but just a bit out of place with the whole.

myself

Sure. I'll think about it guys. (Never attempted replying between threads before, no idea if this works.)

Revelers punch each other to death and then the last one alive attacks me. Is this a known bug or something else? the only mod I think might cause something like this is Extended Encounters, my mod list is small.

some script applying a cloak effect to them which causes them to bug out and become hostile. its a common issue among heavily modded games

Any known fix or workaround besides the console?

An user in the last thread requested some skyrim lets plays which made me realize I haven't found a good channel in a while. Anyone have any recommendations? They don't have to just be elder scrolls games.

Hostile. Anyone that speaks out of turn.

Not elder scrolls, but Best friends play

Should I use ASIS' Automatic Spells with Apocalypse? Apocalypse has so much gimmicky/conditional shit that I'm worried it'll fuck up the AI more than it'll buff it.

>being so triggered by rich snobs
Calling someone poor is low test. Now threatening me to stay line is a high test challenge.
>a challenge that, as The Last Dragonborn, you will undoubtedly win

This

Recommended mods for a Hand-to-Hand playthrough of Morrowind?

As far as TES related channels go I take it you already know General Sam since someone told him about that too. Wilburgur is okay, and the Oblivion 1-4 guys are doing an Oblivion Let's Play on their channel, LaFave Bros.

I enjoy listening to Joel from Vinesauce. Can't say the same for Vinny Pastapizza because he has a tendency to scream more or less randomly when something is difficult or goes poorly in a game.

We're always here user, worry ye not.

Screw the burly old dudes, where the cute shotas at?

They're a dying breed, constantly under attack.

See

In Freir & Cheyenne's rape dungeon.

I get the Freir reference because she diddled Ada, but why Cheyenne?

Oh wow, I remember that mod.

Grab the Brawl Bug fix, only thing I can think of.

I think my goat is sick.

Goats aren't suppose to glow?

He's gonna EXPLODE

Praise Peryite!

Age gap yuri OTP when?

>gap
>six years
Get out.

I mean, younger you are, the more that year difference matters.
21 and 23 is nothing, just like 34 and 42 isn't really anything, but 16 and 21 is a lot, that's just how human growth works. Change drastically in like two decades, then it's all downhill til you die.

The Daedric Princes can grant daedrothdom to their worshipers after their death on Nirn (sans Molag Bal)? That seems like the case for Hermaeus Mora, except the death part.

We already have Silver and Xidix rolling around together, what else do you want?

>reinstall skyrim
>uninstaller actually deleted the SKSE folder
>preserved mod list in MO but some mods had SKSE plugins that were lost
>don't remember which

I always wonder what happened to the former Princes after they have been mantled by someone else. Do they go to the Dreamsleeve to be reincarnated, or are they merged into the new Daedric Prince's consciousness?

Hasn't that only happened once and technically not really?

Forsworn. Some loud nords.

I have one available for sale or trade right here. What are you offering?

Plus, the whole point of Daedra are that they are free of Nirn's influence.

That doesn't happen unless their position needs to be filled, and that also almost never happens.

So recently i've decided to play Skyrim unmodded from start to finish, without using console commands or anything.
I don't think i've ever done that, nor played that morrowind themed DLC.

My battle plan has been:

-Argonian (i always play as an argonian in any TES game).
-Sneak/Archery/One handed(just a little bit)/Illusion(quiet casting)/Restoration(necromage)/Conjuration
-Werewolf
-Morag Tong Chitin set
-Nightingale Bow
-Max Smithing/Alchemy/Enchanting

I've maxed out Smithing and Sneak so far.
I'm currently working on reaching level 46 so i can get the best version of the Nightingale bow.
I'm working towards that level by level up alchemy and enchanting.
It's pretty dreadful to be honest, even with the heartstone house planting ingrediends in the garden alchemy is a pain in the ass and i haven't started on enchanting, just reached 70 or so by just unenchanting shit, but from what i've read it seems like it's gonna be the worst one of them all to get to 100.

All in all this is the most enjoyable run of Skyrim i've had, i'm sure i'll be bored of the game once i've finished my build but it's fun to earn everything by myself for once.

I just have one question, i don't think i fully understand how armor and weapon upgrading works in this game, even after all these years, probably because i just modded and cheated in it so much in the past.
Am i correct in thinking that basically you craft something, then you upgrade it, and if you have a higher level smithing via enchanted equipment/potion combo, you can upgrade that piece of armor or weapon even further, using additional material?
For example, if i take my bow and i upgrade it as much as i can just with my 100 smithing, if i put on smithing enchanted equipment and drink a smithing potion, i'll be able to improve on it as many additional times as i want as long as i've got the mats and my overall smithing skill is boosted even 1 point further than it was compared to the last time i upgraded that piece of equipment?

>So recently i've decided to play Skyrim unmodded from start to finish
why are you doing this to yourself

I'm playing through the series mostly vanilla but at least I'm not denying myself the decency of patches and UI mods for Oblivion and Skyrim

yeah that's how it works. Legendary is the highest it goes but the rating will still go up. Resto-looping is popular in vanilla

I don't think that's how it works. They take the souls, but they can't turn them into daedra, as daedra are the spirits that did not take part in the shaping Mundus. The souls are still mortal, but they are kept deathless in the princes' realm.

>i don't think i fully understand how armor and weapon upgrading works in this game
I was about to point out, why did you feel the need to max Smithing when you're wearing chitin. I think all you need for that is Elven Armor and then you can use enchantments or alchemy to boost your smithing and hone your equipment to Legendary.

Hm. I thought that's how Seekers were made but apparently not. I guess Hermaeus Mora easily gives mental commands to his daedra not to hurt any of the nerds that are mentally trapped in Apocrypha.

With the specific build i'm using everything works pretty ok.
If i wanted to be, let's say, a pure spellcaster then indeed the experience would be utter shit.
I haven't really been experiencing crashes or problems so far, using the SE version, might just be getting lucky.
It seems they fixed shit like that one quest where you have to deliver a horse to a guy in a forest, i remember that quest breaking the fucking game in half, it was a nightmare.
As long as they fixed game breaking things like that i should be ok.
Ok.
That makes me less scared of making and upgrading all the new equipment i craft/find on the spot instead of waiting until my enchanting and alchemy reach 100, it means i'll be able to use all the shit i like from the get go.
>I was about to point out, why did you feel the need to max Smithing when you're wearing chitin.
Oh it's because i want to max out chitin but still wear that set.
Basically i specifically like the look of that set so i'm trying to upgrade it's defense as much as i can while still wearing that as opposed to other sets that, while better stats wise, are uglier in my opinion.
My favorite TES is Morrowind so i'm biased towards Morrowind themed sets obviously.
It's not as optimal as other light armor sets but it should be ok, as i shouldn't be hit all that much as a sneaky archer anyway.

tesg mommy orgy when?

Best vampire mommy stopped posting, what's the point?

When Sexlab gets decent animations

Freir still posts

She's not a mommy, she doesn't have a kid.

Still best vampire

>Oh it's because i want to max out chitin but still wear that set.
Right... Did you even read the rest of what I typed.

I'd say when the Angels win the pennant.

Wrong.

Jesus fuckin christ.

old meme

Post c@ waifus

Oh, i just understand what you mean now.
You meant that all i needed was just reaching elven armor perk wise and then i could've used enchanted gear + potions to max out chitin regardless so i sorta wasted my time maxing smithing out.
You're right, i just hadn't figured out the system yet at that point.

Ah well, what's done is done, it wasn't too much of a hassle to max it out anyway, i just did 5 billion gold rings that i'll be able to use to max out enchanting later.
I could use one of the options to get back those perk points and place them somewhere else but i'm sure in the long run i won't really need that, by the end i'll probably be able to get everything i need regardless.

not lewd enough. but bless you

Well, fuck. It was Extended Encounters causing it. Its a small event, but if the mod breaks that one, who knows what else it might break. Such a shame, I really liked the little extra events, but it has to go.

I haven't played Skyrim in about a year and I really don't want to go through the whole modding mess again when I still have some ~200 plugins currently playing nice with each other. I check tesgeneral.com from time to time but almost never the thread, have there been any amazing 10/10 mods I should bother with lately? I already had most everything listed on tesgeneral that worked together last time around, so don't recommend me anything that hasn't come out in the past year please.

rad

Extended encounters creates the revelers, but the issue of them fighting each other is from something else glitching it.
What you should be looking for is what's fucking up extended encounters, because if it's fucking up that, then what else could it be fucking up

Anyone by chance know what this error is in my game and how to fix it? It only happens to female NPC and they seem to have no hands.

rad

Did Eris ever release his 4k textures for his paladin/knight girl?

That usually means that the mesh cannot find the textures associated with it. At least I think that's the case.

is this a steven universe reference?

yo dis mod gay as hell

who would want this stupid starwars shit in tes lmao

>who would want this stupid starwars shit in tes lmao
SJWs, Blacks, spics, disney executive kikes

You're right, moving to the very bottom made the revelers behave as usual, so Im glad I get to keep using the mod. Now I gotta find something to put in that spot so that the mod order doesnt get all fucked up.

bless you. I want the one on the right to amazon position me

why do they look so mean

wewlad

Someone took their food from them.

>muh kinetically-interlinked multi-user exoform
>le kinmune was a top-of-the-line hazardous conditions earprunner exoform of an ayleidoon hegemony nearing another unceremonious end.

Fuck Michael Kirkbride we are fucking beta gamers not biomechanical engineers, i bet he doesnt even knows what he is saying.

How did he get away with this?

>How did he get away with this?
by being high and having a fanbase who enjoyed his writings on tes lore that they take his word as canon and/or worth discussion despite not working for bethesda anymore

it's "biomechatronics major"

if by "drunk" you mean "schwasted on irish coffee and smoking like a dirty chimney," sure

Are there any good custom race mods?

Kirk got away with it because if not for him TES lore would be boring and generic as shit.
That's basically it.

There were like three other guys that contributed equally interesting shit. Nobody could match his volume with the 36 lessons alone, though. At best most of the lore featured in Redguard and the PGE was a collaboration of him and Kuhlmann.

Yeah if you took Vivec out there would be literally nothing interesting about TES lore, swell take user