/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1083 - VS Sparky Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R6zrqeTy3mo
dictionary.com/browse/tautology
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Go slow, ffs

I'm glad it's over.

Thread reminder that sonic and Amy are no longer virgins after unleashed

Well yeah. Kay Hanley really sells the girlish charm angle. Kinda makes you see how Amy could lead a group, even in a silly game like Heroes.

First cute Amy

Fuck off why would you give him attention like this

youtu.be/R6zrqeTy3mo

Is Sonic Forces the most badly written Sonic game up to date? Even Shadow's game made more sense than this. Holy fucking shit Is Flynn the only guy that can properly write Sonic the Hedgehog?

Keep telling yourself that, Amy.

Seriously, where is my underwear?

I'm sorry guys. I was not aware of my power and what it could cause at the time. I will try to be more cautious in the future.

Guys, guys, come on, I'm no tyrant. I don't want to be the "ruler" of anything. As someone that has studied under the school of Sonic, I believe in FREEDOM above all else.

I don't really understand or care for laws or the government or anything of the sort. I believe it shouldn't even exist. We were all given free will for a reason. We are all Gods in our own right. Freedom, CHAOS, is the natural state of the universe! For what is Chaos but freedom, fun, excitement, creativity, and imagination?

But Evil exists, and twists it into destruction and madness and... so, Order was created to stop the Evil Chaos from going to far. But Evil takes many forms, and it corrupted the Order as well, bringing forth those such as Pachacamac or Doctor Eggman! Power hungry dictators that want to conquer and rule over all with an iron fist, controlling the lives of many!

the true problem is EVIL. Without Evil, there would be no need for order. Evil is the source of all our problems.

>Holy fucking shit Is Flynn the only guy that can properly write Sonic the Hedgehog?
Ian's a good writer?

>Is Sonic Forces the most badly written Sonic game up to date?
Sonic 06, Shadow The Hedgehog, Tails attitude in Lost World, I could go on honestly.

>Holy fucking shit is Flynn the only guy that can properly write Sonic the Hedgehog?
Considering that he wasn't even the only writer when he was working with Archie, I'm pretty sure he'd disagree with you himself

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

Relative to the rest of this godforsaken franchise, yes.

She wants the blue dick so bad

Put a conventionally skilled writer in charge of official Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction and watch what happens.
Like it or not, Flynn is the hero we need, not the one we feel we deserve.

StoryAnon here once again. Like I said a few days back, I've been working on "the bible" as of late and what is and isn’t gonna be greenlit (again, wanna start this late this month or early next month), and I wanted to get community input for a few more things. You guys have already decided that Cassia should return and be well, BUT at a great cost. Cassia will not die, that is for certain. We also know that Eggman will not be in this (dead? stuck in Null Space? no one knows), and that it takes place after Shattered World Crisis in The new 252, and after Forces. Where we will see a new threat rise. Current guaranteed ins/outs are as follows.

In: Cassia, Clove, Nephthys, Dr. Ellidy, Larry Lynx, Relic, Ben Muttski, Team Dark, Moss, Thunderbolt and, when the time is right, all core Freedom Fighters

Out: Storybook characters, St. John, Mammoth Mogul, MUH ECHIDNAS, Eggette

New faces: THE Buddy from Sonic Forces, an absolute maximum of 1-2 side buddies, New leader of Squad Jackal (name to be determined... BY YOU when the time comes), Beignet (from Sonic Mars).

Nephthys The Egyptian Vulture, Shard and Mina are maybe characters. Mina would not be a freedom fighter, but a secondary character instead. Share is being considered.

That being said, and I might just make a poll later, but I currently have this on my mind, and some question for the community, in the following post of mine since this is too long for Veeky Forums...

the only way the Sonic series can be saved is through a hard reboot

selfieu

*supers together*

Sonics the name speeds my game

1. Should there be any explanation of where big, cream, t-pup, Nicole, Sally, Antoine, rotor, and Bunnie are during the events of Forces? This would take place during the Forces game, just what we didn't see.

2. If Shard were to return, should it have anything to do with Nicole? I'm currently musing the idea of Nicole holding a key to his comeback. With what i have in mind, it would allow for Shard to come back in a similar form to his last appearance(not the Gemerl is now Shard thing that others have done, I'm not against that, but I want this to be different if we go this path).

3. What characters/lines/tributes that have not been in New 252 would you like to see referenced or paid tribute to, if any?

4. There aren’t too many Freedom Fighter groups touched on in New 252. This story will cover some, but which old canon freedom fighter groups would you like to see returning? Note that Substitue will not happen, as Larry Lynx is returning. Larry actually will be fairly important, but I'll leave it at that...

Again, thanks for all the support and advice. I wanna make sure this ends up being enjoyable and done as well as it can be, with as much input as possible.

We went through that shit. Twice I believe.

Super sex because they aren't virgins

>Archiefags once again with their low standards and delusions.

>Super Amy

That might have been where Amy started acting more normal ignoring Generations because hacks, but claearly that happens after Lost World.

Wow no bully

That is pretty cute

I honestly couldn't get into the comics as much as the games. That might have something to do with having binge read all of them, but after a while it just lacks spirit. Although I do enjoy them when I'm very starved for sonic. Let's hope IDW's sonic is better

>low standards
>Sonic fans
dictionary.com/browse/tautology

1. Yeah I'd like to see an explanation for where the FFs were during Forces.
2. I'm for Shard's return being tied to Nicole. I know someone mentioned the idea of Nicole being the one to bring him back & I would enjoy that being a thing.
3. Reference to Scourge & his gang, pls
4. Personally, I'm fine with just the FFs we have now.

Good luck!

Ian has his strengths as a writer, but it's not in making plots and stories. I wouldn't want him writing the plot of a whole game but maybe some smaller sub missions or scenes.

*super sounds*

TOGETHER

WE CAN SHOW THE WORLD WHAT WE CAN DO
I fucking love Fist Bump

I should've thought of that before I started posting that every thread

Sparky is a necessary evil. You may think he's bad but what you and many people don't consider is that if he leaves he could easily be filled by something much worse. Like, imagine if Sparky leaves and some cancerous shipfag like Silversperg or me fills his place. Do you want that? Would you really rather have that than Sparky? You don't want that. Nobody wants that.

Oh yeah, I don't think he would make a good full story, especially not all by himself. I can't think of anyone I would actually expect to do that.
Mainly because I believe that putting all the author-power in one hand causes them to start shoving their fetishes and/or politics in, but that's beside the point.

How about we start this thread off with some positivity! Post one thing you love about /sthg/, what you had for dinner, and one thing you like about Sonic the Hedgehog!

Times were easier when Sparky was Sega Forums/SSMB exclusive.

I hate /sthg/, I had nothing because our family is broke and Sonic is dead.

I love Amy Rose!

So who raided us?

At the very least, people can stop giving him so much attention.

>Post one thing you love about /sthg/
When you fags aren't shitting yourselves, it's a very enjoyable general.

>what you had for dinner
Finished off everything from Thanksgiving

>one thing you like about Sonic the Hedgehog!
Everything

I love watching you faggots dance
I had sushi
>Ring Ring WOOOOOO

THE MODERN SERIES IS BECOMING BADLY WRITTEN FANFICTION YOU FUCKING MORON. JUST LOOK AT LOST WORLD AND FORCES.

At least the comics had good story consistency and explanations. Forces has none of that because no one at Sonic Team gives a fucking damn about the lore and backstories anymore. The characters aren't important to them. They're just used for support from dimwit nostalgia craving fans. Like Chaos being in Forces.

It was me, I didn't know my own shitposting power

I like /sthg/, because it's helping me become a better artist.

These are very cute and soft looking.

Cute image but let me wumbo that for you

illuminati

Don't try to start shit just because you don't like something.

I'll be honest... I want to see Scourge and Fiona, Fiona seems doable, but I honestly don't see any way to bring Scourge back and have it written well, at least at this stage right after Shattered World Crisis. Before Scourge would even be able to be placed...

1. The aftermath of Forces has to be explained and revealed.

2. Team setup has to happen.

3. Cassia needs to be dealt with.

4. The new evil looming needs to be revealed.

5 (maybe) Shard needs to return, if his return is tied to Nicole.

I don't want to say it's impossible, but for the sake of flow and story, I just don't see it realistic for it to be able to happen anytime soon.

Thanks user!

spicy

Can you two save this played out shit for another time?

Fair enough. I suppose whatever preboot character can fit in the easiest.

How do we get Sparky to leave?

So Sparky isn't exclusive to /sthg/? Where else does he post? In fact I can just get a history lesson on Sparky? When did he start, where did he come from?

>There are people using this dated meme unironically
I'd post it in this situation, but i'm hip.

Nice rat

I like how I can talk about the most overlooked or seemingly mundane topic, I had some nachos with chicken tonight, and I like his admirable traits.

Yes please. I need more, lewd or otherwise.

Bullying those catfags, leftovers, and the music.

That still doesn't make Ian good. He can't write extended story arcs, his dialog is full of hamfisted references, and he always has to push his SatAMfaggotry in everything.

I have it user~

He came from SEGA Forums. He started posting that bullshit there years ago & hasn't stopped since, despite the entire site telling him to fuck off. Then he went to SSMB & did the same thing. Now he came here to do the same thing.

Stop responding to him.

That doesn't make sense

source?
Please I need more, Google gives me nothing

Still better than anything Sonic Team shat out since Unleashed.

Give them back! I'm tired of waiting them in the mail.

Seconded.

>Came from SEGA Forums
How long ago? What's his username?

anyone have more pof these? i know theres at least one other tgt edit of infinite

don't give him attention when he posts long, annoying posts. Don't randomly say his name; it gives him power. If he makes good posts, like nice short ones that are on topic and light on theorycrafting/OCposting, then respond and be nice.

It's mean to chase people away and hostility towards one person breeds hostility in general. Instead, we should be rewarding each other for good posts and ignoring the bad ones. That's the best way to improve any community.

>This shit is better because it doesn't smell as bad and isn't wet.
It's still shit user. Get standards.

Tails has been useless ever since this very moment in Sa2, you simply cannot refute this.

I don't fucking know, 2011 or something. Just look at any thread on the site & you'll instantly know who's Sparky. Now can we just drop this shit before this thread becomes filled with the 1000th argument over Sonic writing & Sparky?

Is this every shitposter's dream? To have custom GIFs made for them?

>Treat him like a dog
okay

Artist is Sandopoliszone, but I don't think it's in their Inkbunny gallery.

For fucking what? That dude is one of the nicest, chillest dudes/dudettes I've ever seen on here.

The Chaos Emeralds didn't work on Sparky, huh?

Must have been that damn Phantom Ruby.

Face it. Sonic Team cannot write a good and consistent story for a sonic game.

All you anons, toast, and the characters!

Something about Chris-chan.

Being mean to Chris chan

Infinite, is that you?

For the record, I absolutely love Scourge. If I can do him justice and make him fit, he'll be in. Just, don't expect it to be anytime soon.

Drawfags
Patty melts and pickles
The music

I got a ban for posting Mario related pasta puns once when we were talking about Mario. It's not like I was offtopic. I also got banned for talking about Sonichu. I didn't even say anything mean or offensive. The mods can be jerks sometimes

thesoniczone11