/owg/ - Overwatch General

Big girl edition

>BLIZZWORLD, new Hybrid Map, now live on PTR
youtube.com/watch?v=Ii3Hce3_fOw

>Moira is now live in all platforms
>She should be selected as a 2nd pick healer after mercy, all other healers are situational if you are attempting a solid win
youtube.com/watch?v=8tLopqeL9s8

>Latest Animated Short: Honor and Glory
youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/junkrat-the-return-of-junkenstein

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21179257
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.co

>D.va Playguide
youtube.com/watch?v=m95_2C1TTCk

stop picking doomfist in competitive

Previous:

Tracey!

>>mei freeze now only cut your speed on half and doesn't slow your aim
god the aim slow is the main thing that pisses me off
slow in general is cancerous but aim slow is an abomination

>Must sleepdart and headshot Moira or else she is gone as soon as her health drops below a certain value.
that's also true of reaper, tracer, and pretty much anyone with a "run away" ability

HUCKLEBERRY

Clear skies, full hearts, can't lose.

I'm of the opinion that they should just rework all niche heroes to be more generally useful.
Many of the niche heroes are defense focused and tend to bog down the game, and the problem of one-tricks selecting niche heroes,despite being in the wrong situation, would be gone.

>genji can deflect ults
>genji can deflect anything in the game
>he can even deflect reinhardt's hammer
which dumbfuck thought any of this was a good idea

Shitty OP

Someone explain this to me. Why is it that the overwhelming amount of people in this game with shitty personalities/BM typing shit like GG EZ, XD, trash talking their team and your team in voice chat, are Mercy mains?

>He can deflect reinhardt hammer
That isn't true right>

He doesn't redirect the damage back to Rein, but he takes no damage from it.

ur bad if u criticize geniji
*q*
*win*

Nice exaggerations.

He can guard against it, but in the end no one takes damage.

It isn't, that guy is a dumbfuck.

Except it's not. Genji main faggot

>*q*
>*win*
Sounds like Reinhardt.

it is

Nah

Bastion main detected.

Is Junkrat OP? I have the most fun with him but ever since he was tweaked people seem to think he's too good. Other than how fast his ult charges I really don't see why. Sure I main him but there's a bunch of characters that still kick my ass. The second mine is rarely up either since I use one for movement and positioning. If someone somehow gets double mined they had to have been unlucky as fuck or not moving away from the goddamned barrage of grenades.

I just like his general style of keeping areas under constant pressure while having traps to deal with people who try and be sneaky. So is my favorite character just some crutch or are people just whining that they don't pay enough attention?

Except it is. I like how anyone that calls you out on it is immediately labeled Genji Main even when they're not.

Make them generalists that are good in different situations.
What I mean by this, is not to design heroes that are only good in a single situation. It's okay to design heroes that are stronger in some situations than others, in fact necessary, or else you get the scenario you just described.
But making heroes be good in only a single situation just messes up balance of the games so much, where balancing the niche hero is very difficult.
Like I said, the problem is balancing niche and generalist heroes with each other. If they choose to make all niche or all generalists, we wouldn't have this problem.

>boosted by retarded sr system and a broken character
>they think they are actually good
I wonder too user

>But if you make all the characters generalists, why would you ever use anything but the best 6 generalists?
that's what people already do though

Not him but what I hate about Genji is that he can deflect, dash, jump a few times, then do it all over again. All the while deflecting ults. It's a bit much. His hp should be 150 like Tracers for all that shit.

The only reason he can do all that is because he has 200 health. You know if they reduced his health they'd either give him more damage or give him back all the mobility he had when he was bugged with triple jumping and ledge dashing.

>You know if they reduced his health they'd either give him more damage or give him back all the mobility he had when he was bugged with triple jumping and ledge dashing.
or you know they could just properly fix characters
i have a small amount of new hope for them after fixing resurrect after 18 months

Considering then we already have a problem with idiots using niche hero everywhere, the obvious solution seems to make all dps hero generalist with a degree of focus, and start releasing only tank and healer for a while

except it isn't
>best ult in the game
>best agility in the game
>best defensive ability in the game
>ability to easily escape to a higher ground at will
>no damage fall off on his attacks
>Dash can't be stopped or dodged

>playing lawful stupid

>Genji can deflect anything in the game
>Can't deflect Symmetra M1
>Can't deflect Moira M2
>Can't deflect Symmetra turrets
>Can't deflect D.Va ult
>Can't deflect D.Va boost
>Can't deflect Junkrat Tire
>Can't deflect Junkrat Trap
>Can't deflect Zarya M1
>Can't deflect Zenyatta Discord Orb
>Can't deflect Lucio Boop
>Can't deflect Mei M1
>Can't deflect Winston M1
>Can't deflect Winston Ult

this, Ana being used less in response to mercy rework was due to her just being a better general hero. Same with Reinhardt, he isn't as good with dive, so he got replaced with the dive tanks.
It's all generalist heroes vying for the top spot. I will be amazed if there comes a point where the heroes are considered balanced.

Now list the 97% of the rest of the game that he can deflect.

Rein main here. He doesn't deflect it, rather he blocks it. I wish it didn't need to be said but everyone seems to be sperging out about the word choice. That being said, its not a major inconvenience to me that he blocks it cuz I just follow them and either fire strike or melee them once their deflect is down but it's still retarded that he can block a melee attack with a skill called Deflect.

>play fair, play pharah
that's not even the right line.
Also Junkrat is more chaotic stupid than Roadhog.

He also does shit for damage.

I'd much rather everyone be OP than for them to try and balance them all perfectly.

>He can deflect it all
>List things he can't deflect
>Well what about things he can deflect
What about them faggot? You said he could deflect everything. Git gud.

This, no one complains about people one tricking tracer or soldier, they do complain when it's torb or bastion. Just make all dps general, instead of niche and a whole bunch of problems are solved.

If you think Genji is that strong, just play him.

Threadly reminder that if you're playing junkrat on attack a lot you're bad

Except it is.
>other ults do more damage and are more consistent
>Tracer has the same agility while Soldier and Lucio move faster than he does
>same could be said about Zarya's bubble and D.va's matrix
>Pharah has the same vertical movement and easy escape
>no one has falloff except McCree, Soldier, and Mei
>dodging an attack that's meant to finish off someone at low health

I didn't say that. I'm saying you've listed the very small amount of things he can't deflect. Which is like comparing switerland to russia and saying it's just as abig.

I wish Bastion had an extra ability. Just something to make him even just a better defense character. You're pretty defenseless if you're caught in turret mode.

valve way or the high way

except it isn't.
Fuck off genji main
>>Tracer has the same agility
>tracer can fly up walls at wall while flying around the map in general
Why are genji mains so stupid?

not that user, but which ults are you referring to that are more "consistent" than Genji's ult?
Most other high damage ults tend to make the user sit still, which makes them incredibly vulnerable and interruptible.

>120 damage melee swings
>infinite fucking dashes so he's unhittable
>has double jump making him even more unihittable
>can deflect while ulting aswell
Bit of a yikes there

I usually do Rein on attack but Junkrat is fun at times too. He can keep the other side from pushing too hard. Maybe it's not meta top tier optimal but it can work sometimes.

SHUT UP SHUT UP I DONT PLAY GENJI BECAUSE HE'S TOO EASY I WOULD CLIMB TOO FAST NO SKILL HERO

>>Pharah has the same vertical movement and easy escape
Except she only has vrtical movement and literally nothing else. While genji has both.
>>Tracer has the same agility while Soldier and Lucio move faster than he does
Tracer can't wall climb and escape to places other heros can't follow at will
>solider
See above
>lucio
See above.
>>dodging an attack that's meant to finish off someone at low health
Wow so you're also a bad genji? Impressive.

>it's a legendary skin that comes with no unique voice lines

>New short based on Eichenwalde
>Visibly shows 2 OR14's getting crushed, one by the gate and one throw onto the inside balcony
>Update the map to include a literal who memesport person but neither of the lore intensive entities
Blizzard guys

>transform yourself into a glass cannon
>i'm too vulnerable
That's the whole maybe stupid point

The reason resurrect was fixed was because
1. Mercys weren't doing their job: healing
2. they could resurrect from safety and couldn't be stopped even if people could hunt her down because she could do it from spawn because of its range, especially in 2CP last checkpoints in payload maps
3. her resurrection gave her invincibility
I didn't give a shit about Mercy but still, Genji's antics were nothing compared to what Mercy could pull.

Isn't he supposed to be more defensive in turret form?

>infinite fucking dashes so he's unhittable
He has to kill to reset the dash.

>I didn't give a shit about Mercy but still, Genji's antics were nothing compared to what Mercy could pull.
true, but it's (small) proof they at least understand some of the issues in the game, if maybe not all of them

>says agility
>then changes to jumping ability

That's exactly my point.
Also, it ties in to why I disagree with the people who said that Blizzard should focus on rebalancing right now rather than adding new heroes.

All the movement options you listed come with the caveat that genji has them all. He has vertical and horizontal movement. He may not be as fast as Lucio and soldier, but he has the above and still is faster than the majority of the cast.
No one individual part of genji is OP, it's just that he has more options at his disposal, especially when compared to other heroes.

Jumping is agility.
Genji has both. Tracer doesn't.

Bowie and gigga nigga are fun ideas but they should be fixed some
sombra and orisa are just bad from the get go

I LOVE Moira!

Can Orisa's right click stop a charging Reinhardt?

Why don't you play Genji?

-Only ult that can have a case against DBLade is Valkyrie, because it is an objectively broken ult too
-Tracer has a 3 horizontal dashes and a recall which fully heals her. I'm not making the case that that in itself isn't broke, but it's nothing compared to a dash on kill/5 seconds in any direction and off cd wallclimb and a double jump
-D.Va's matrix is objectively worse since it blocks less than a Genjiflect (No hammers etc) without even returning damage. Zarya bubble has the same period, a smaller hitbox, doesn't deflect shit and only marginally increases the Zarya's max output for a few seconds. To put how broke Genji's deflect is, it's about the size of Orisa's old shield
-Still has no damage falloff regardless
-An attack which has a hitbox similar to deflect which resets on elim and also does 50 damage and also is more mobility than most heroes and also is uninterruptible and also resets on ult

Shh. Don't tell him that he needs to work for it.

>Implying Turret form is viable/ 'a glass cannon'
>Implying turret form deals more damage than Sentry mode at a range further than 2m

I think blizzard could at least rebalance so that the hero cast counters each other better, giving at least some reason to switch a hero midmatch, instead of just sticking to one generally good hero.

>let me just switch to a hero that counters genji
>oh

Genji is cute.

Winston

Winston
Symmetra
Moira
Reinhardt
Pharah

But yeah, Genji is OP. Go play him. Come on. Do it.

>Winston

Turret form is basically an immobile Reaper

Who says I don't play him fuckwit, shit argument.

Winston

>his one trick time is over twice your total OW time

what do

>Have a friend who has over 60 hours in Genji and is still bad at him

I just want him to unlock whatever chakra gate is blocking his ability to be good so that he can stop feeding and then carry me in every game.

Then why do you want him nerfed? Keep playing him! He's OP! Why would you want him nerfed if you play him?

>Durr why don't yuo playy giggles den?

>1. Genji is the second most played DPS bar the Rat, out of a total of 14 dedicated pure DPS heroes
>2. The team needs a tank and a healer otherwise you get an autoloss
>3. Implying I don't play Genji when the tank and the healer are filled so I can abuse his broken mechanics and rise
Stay mad metalrank shitters

Of all those, Moira is the only softcounter to me.
-Winstons have to follow my dash into the rest of my team to secure a kill and will often leave the rest of their team to focus me, leaving their team vulnerable
-Symms are universally useless (especially their ult when I'm around)
-Rein is a baitpoint
-Pharah needs a basic 'above-shitter' aim to deflect/hit a few times and dash (something most of (You) are unfamiliar with)

Sometimes there are things that go beyond what I want. Like I play McCree. It would make more sense, and make me feel good, if McCree did 80 damage a shot, had 0 falloff on headshots, FtH did the same damage as M1 and could crit, and flashbang was unblockable. But I know it would shit up the game.

Most people who excel at a game do so by playing the best stuff, but that doesn't mean they don't care about the overall health of the game or want the game to be better balanced.

>I-I totally play him, I just don't want to! He should get nerfed!

Stop responding to this degenerate, he's clearly some tard from /v/eddit baiting, cause no one is dumb enough to actually think genji is not OP.

>Why would you want him nerfed if you play him
>Implying i don't play anyone else
>implying I don't have to suffer while playing as everyone else
lololololololol Mercy, Junkrat, Tracer and Genji are FIIIIIINE and make the game a pleasure to play as anyone else.
The solution to fixing poverty balance is by making everyone rich OP!

Genji's aren't really a big deal for Bastion. Tracer and Hanzo on the other hand....

I look at posts like this and realize the median age of OW players is probably 15.

Genjis can still deal with Valkyrie using Dragonblade. All I pointed out was that other ults can do much more damage or are more consistent like an example Soldier can pretty much hit anyone. Tracer has three dashes to Genji's one which if he doesn't get a kill he's stuck waiting for eight seconds so he's not moving as quick as Tracer would. I'd argue about D.va's Matrix being worse or not just on the grounds that it could be brought up at will even after stopping its use short which probably makes up for not eating a hammer while Genji can bring his up and block a hammer but he has to wait a bit before he can use it again. Zarya's bubble can pretty much block everything, even things Genji can't so as a defense it's already better than Genji's deflect. His shuriken don't have fall off but that can't be used against Genji since all projectiles except Mei have no fall off. The only reason Mei got fall off was because she'd do McCree's job better. Making swift strike the size it is is done in a way to get the kill he needs for the reset otherwise he's stuck waiting like I said previously, I figure anyway.

Bastion shits all over Genji deflect. Genjis only hope of beating Bastshit is to let his team do it or get pray to god bastion won't do a 180 and instantly kill him after he does his 250 damage combo that puts him behind him.

Just go play your OP character if he's so OP.

@196780193
>Implying I don't

>not just freezing Genji and killing him

>Mei
>killing anyone besides an AFK
lmao

>playig Mei unironically
enjoy your down syndrome representation hero

I really do hope you mistakenly included . If you didn't, reread.

I feel bad for Pharah's VA, she has to pretend like the character has any personality when she talks about voicing her