/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld,
MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Z7Ds_yv8o
youtube.com/watch?v=J0zNCjvjr9E
kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/conflagrant-sac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

huntresses

i want to lick her neck

REMINDER THAT IF YOUR HUNTER RANK UNLOCKS BELOW 75 YOU WERE CARRIED

I can save edit charms on 3ds 3U and transfer them over to Wii U right?

yes

Dude, Animal Planet LMAO

neat
I've really been enjoying replaying 3U, it feels like the attacks have a certain, I don't know, 'weight' to it that I don't feel as much in 4U and Gen

And editing charms is gonna fix that, right.
Thanks for the blog.

He's not conventional attractive but I still would smash. My fag ass likes his smile.

Why are you getting upset
There's nothing to fix, I already enjoy playing 3U because of the aforementioned 'weight'

placebo effect, it's not actually any different

Who /gottakillemall/ here

4U has a ridiculous amount of hitstop part of the reason why some weapons underperformed when Gen has almost none of it, if that's what you mean

>Brave LS is canon now
oishii

The point of Elder Dragons is that in-game science can't explain them. Shit like rathalos may not be physically possible irl, but its flame is explained as being from a powder that ignites on contact with air that its expels from its gullet and it's supposed to fly with those wings even though its animations make no sense (some flying wyverns aren't as bad about this though). But nothing explains how Kushala controls the wind.

Do you lose health when you use Foresight Slash?

it's pickle jho! look quropeco I turned myself into a pickle!!

WET DEEP ADULT PC RELEASE DATE

wake up

>4U online is literally nothing but cheaters today
ew

Grab a brush and put a little makeup

>finally find a hall that isn't a cheater
>get a phone call I was supposed to get an hour ago in the middle of the hunt and have to take it
>cart
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Z7Ds_yv8o

Cheaters like niggas using 140000k para weapons or what?

I don't give a shit if people use hacked talismans as long as they're legal.

Monsters die in 5-10 minutes already, so as long as they don't make the hunts too short

yeah and g1s in full special permit armours, and people posting cqs in public lobbies

Trying to solo hr dalamadur
Stygian zinogre gs or seregios gs
Skills are fast charge, crit draw, hg earplugs and razor sharp

Ironically I picked for up again and have found 0 cheaters so far

Stygian

You think?
Wasn't sure if 440 drg was better or if 50 extra raw and white was

I was looking at final upgrades, 50 raw is much better.

You need a full spirit gauge and it wastes the whole meter if you whiff the counter attack. I don't think you can chain it endlessly like the brave counter.

Are you in GQ halls? I have most of the relics I'll ever want already (I mean, I could get better versions of a few, but really can't be assed) and people only ever post the shittiest GQs (rajang in particular), and the only way to just hunt random shit is to help people with their keys, so I join g1-3 halls mostly and the last few days almost every hall has had at least one cheater of some description in it. Most common is the ass that has full white fatalis/excello in g1.

Why are the sound effects for weapon attacks in MHW so shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=J0zNCjvjr9E

They've improved on so many things from the previous games, but the sound design for weapon attacks is like 10 steps backwards.

Regarding the PS4 version, is the event quest and daily login bonus stuff only accessible to PS+ subscribers?

Doesn't matter, did Dala solo with seregios HH no problem yesterday.

>50
it's only 30 extra raw, isn't it?

Anyway, a level 3 is a 110 MV (110% of true raw as damage) and has a weird sharpness (hitzone) multiplier that brings that up to effectively 143 MV (1.3x) and double elemental damage (triples it on the superslam, which is 115 MV but I think the same raw sharpness multiplier, someone correct me if I'm wrong). Blue is a 1.2x multiplier on raw and 1.06x on element while white is 1.32 raw and 1.12 element. Brimstren Drakepride is 170 raw and 440 dragon with blue, cheddar sedition is 200 raw with white. There's also a damage boost if you hit with the "sweet spot" in the middle of the blade like with LS, but I don't remember exactly how much that is and as I recall it's pretty small anyway.

Dalamadur's hitzones you're going to be hitting most often have cutting values of 24 and 58, and its head has a value of 67 normally, 90 when enraged and 160 when knocked down while coiled on the mountain. The corresponding dragon values for these five are 5, 15, 30, 30 and 30. So on the upper body, a level 3 crit draw charge from the seregios GS will do 113 damage, on the lower body it will do 273, 316 on the head normally, 424 on the head when enraged and 755 on the head when toppled from the mountain. Brimstren will do 91, 224, 271, 355 and 610. The 44 dragon, after the charge doubling and sharpness modifier, still only contributes 27 damage at the max (for the last three values). So the cheddar sedition is clearly the winner here, on every hitzone.

Where can I find a high rank Bulldrome in village 7star quests in XX?

>upper body
>head weakspot
>not back blade, back legs and lower body

>4:39
>Literal BRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
What the fuck

Capcom have been listening

Are what's good in life.

>lower body
I covered that one, though.
>on the lower body it will do 273
I didn't really consider the back blades because I assumed he wouldn't be grinding for its kinda shitty gear at least until G rank when some of it becomes good, and you're better off jump attacking the head any chance you'd have to attack the wing blades so you can knock it down and hit the head weakpoint instead if you're concerned with killing it fast, but those are the same values as the head anyway, so the results are the same.
>back legs
when do you ever actually attack those? Briefly as it passes by when it's destroying half of the arena? Anyway, those are 80 and 45 raw and dragon, so 377 for cheddar and 332 for brimstren, a lot closer but seregios is still ahead.

Pukei is probably their new conga.

>3 monsters in 1
>it's a fucking flying wyvern
Fuck

>The point of Elder Dragons is that in-game science can't explain them
Retard. Go hunt chameleos and read what the Ace Gunner tells you.
Also don't forget Pyrolite, it's all pseudo-science.

I am sexually attracted to most of the monsters in this series

same but only in fanart

Yeah.

Does the english patches for XX cover the NPC text?

I don't remember which NPCs but at least one in each game tells you that elder dragons are shit science can't explain and are considered living natural disasters. Obviously this doesn't apply to all of them since shit like Lao, Dahren and yes, even Chameleos have pseudo-scientific explanations, but Teo, Kush and Kirin all do "impossible" shit for example.

No.

Nope. Everything else is covered though

So I gonna hafta play Gen/X for the funtext then...

The dialogue is worthless nostalgia pandering, just play XX.

>elder dragons are called that due to this fact
>but I guess that it doesn't apply to all of them so my point still stands
Just give up.
Gravios isn't an elder dragon despite the laser.

>download P3rd to put on my PSP
>it says it's the PSP, not HD version
>open the rar
>it's the HD version
Why? Why would you fucking do that? Why? Where can you even GET an English patched non-HD ISO?

Anyone up for some XX?

>PSP

Because you play it on PPSSPP. It's also english patched and has the frame cap doubled.

Sure. Make a room m8

25-4520-2683-5639

>despite the laser
Which isn't magic. The only monsters that use magic and aren't classified as elder dragons are akantor and ukanlos, which are considered flying wyverns solely to draw attention to the fact that tigrex is their little cousin.
>an NPC offers an explanation for how chameleos turns invisible, therefore kushala telekinetically controlling the wind is actually because of mag- I mean SCIENTIFIC bags of winds haha...
Just give up.

>Which isn't magic.
Present the evidence where it's explained how it works so it doesn't count as magic since that's your logic.
>moving the goalposts
Ah yes elder dragons are magical only when it's convenient for you.

Anyone wants to hunt 4U?

>Present the evidence where it's explained how it works
kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/conflagrant-sac
And its body is made largely of fireproof materials with a rocky exterior that obviously pressurises the fiery explosions it produces, considering breaking part of its shells causes it to vent fire from that area. Teostra has no such anatomy (either organs to produce flame or the physiology that would allow it to breathe a continuous gout of flame) to explain its fire breath, or for that matter how it can spread powder and cause a large detonation when the powder is supposed to shake off of its wings and fur. Nor does kushala have a wind organ or any part of its body that would suggest having some method of causing tornadoes, or the hurricane that follows it. Exact same situation with Amatsu, its water "laser" and potentially levitation are explained by a store of hydrogen in its body but nothing explains the twisters or the hurricane. Or Fatalis's fucked up eclipse portal as of fourth generation.

Give me a minute and I will join you.

play it on PPSSPP like an adult

What's a good early Grank set in 4U? No, I'm not doing garuga.

>make an armor set with the skills i want in athena's ass
>check if I can get extra skills
>possible to get rodeo god and negate stun, add rodeo god to the skil list
>results are narrowed down, but I can still add negate stun
>1 solution found
>it's the full star knight set with some decorations here and there
Fuck this centralizing garbage, it's almost as bad as Kaiser Mail

Hermitaur if shield wepaons

Kirin armor looks way better in black.

Is CB a shield weapon?

Bnahabra X to git you some gud
It was my first set and helped me not suck ass.

I don't know user, is it?

I don't know I'm too fucking stupid to play the weapon properly.

Do they still have white pantsu?

purple>both

You can't beat the OG set.

>removing pantsu
What a slut

College lesbian Kirin sluts?

sure, why not

Nice thread lmao

>REMINDER THAT IF YOUR HUNTER RANK UNLOCKS BELOW 75 YOU WERE CARRIED
How so?

Pukei Pukei so far has my favorite armor set. Can't wait to slay em all for fashion.

>solo all the keys and urgents
>uncap at 25
>tfw carried

once World't've'es comes out, we'll finally have something else to talk about beyond kirin whores

Thanks for the XX hunts.

so i just got a 2ds xl and tried out the mh4g demo.. how the fuck is this game even playable? the camera controls are fucked

>the camera controls are fucked
they were even worse on psp

You get used to them.

>it's a "shitter complaining about the most trivial things" episode

try pressing L

just press L to recenter the camera on the monster.