/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.0.1), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found.
wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>PS3
[Nov 24] PS3Xploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-You can downgrade your PS3 to 3.55 with this. Works on all fat models and early slims, super slims aren't supported yet. Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/7G3tM5D.png

Other urls found in this thread:

redthetrainer.com/ps3/
homelandenglish.blog130.fc2.com/blog-entry-3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, irisman and multiman used to be the applications needed to run to mount a game.
Webman made it possible to mount games directly from the XMB.

With that said, multiman and irisman are still useful for their file managers so you can transfer shit from a usb drive to the internal drive. Personally I prefer irisman because it's much more bare bones without unnecessary bloat and also because it reads your ntfs drives directly, unlike multiman.

If I do all this, what happens to all my currently downloaded Digital titles? Do they all still work? I'd rather not redownload. Same for all my saved my data.

Also, when it comes to piracy for PS3 games, if it has a digital version do I download/install that and it appears on the XMB like a normal release? It's only disc-only games that use a special menu right?

First for new localfriendcodeseed when

Oh I see, so there's no disadvantage from running the game in irisman as opposed to webman?

So I have a CFW 2DS but got a N3DS XL. How do I transfer everything to that? I got a 32 gb micro SD for it, I’d like to move my account and CFW over so how do I do that?

OP doesn't have sonic 06 0/10

You mother fucker.

This. You fucked up OP.

Should i buy a wii u and hack it?

It seems like the ultimate emulator console

>went on redthetrainer's site for PS3 4.xx NOR Dumper
>clicked "Dump Full 16Mb NOR to /dev_usb000/dump.hex"
>first time I did it (and it showed success), the PS3 froze and didn't auto shut down after 10 minutes
>2nd time I did it (and it showed success), the PS3 didn't freeze but also didn't auto shut down after 10 minutes
Is there something I'm doing wrong, or do I just need to repeat it a bunch?
My memory stick is FAT32 formatted and put in the right slot.

Sure, if you can find one for cheap. Black Friday was selling Wii U's cheaper than New 3DS's. I managed to snag a 32GB Wii u and gamepad for only $140

super slim when?

all it really does that a wii doesn't is wii u and DS games. is that worth paying significantly more to you?

Sure why not. With you technically have access to Nintendo's library from the NES all the way up to the Wii U itself.

is your homepage about:blank? is the site the first thing you load in the browser?
if it still doesn't work, you could try hosting it locally with HFS
also, make sure your PS3 already recognizes the flash drive on the XMB

Being able to play gamecube games on the gamepad screen is a big seller to me. Niggas don't know about my Phantasy Star Online in bed.

>is your homepage about:blank? is the site the first thing you load in the browser?
yes and yes

are you using ethernet, not wifi?

I'm using WiFi.

Go for it, but you won't be able to use pic related with some GameCube games that need it as far as I know, haven't used Nintendon't in a while..

Your digital games and saves will still be there.

Digital games are installed through package manager on the XMB. Disc only games use webman, multiman, or irisman.

try ethernet if you can.

i like the way they show the GBA screen in photos like this, with the gradients. the GBA and gamecube are very aesthetically pleasing. i miss seeing ads for them.

>webman, multiman, or irisman
Which of these is the best, or what are the differences? In your professional opinion.

Webman can be managed from the XMB or any client connected to your LAN (PC/Phone/Tablet/etc)

Multiman and Irisman open up a separate application and have more XMB like features than Webman and among other stuff like dumping disc games or having custom themes/music.

I recommend Webman for simplicity, Multiman/Irisman if you want to rice your shit.

So my Ps3 model number is CECH-2101B with a downgradeable Min of 3.20/40. That's safe to use right?

yea

I tried using a different USB stick and it worked.

So what exactly is currently possible with Switch homebrew? Is it worth getting the console yet, or better to wait a little while?

That reminds me, can Nintendont handle online?

Currently no.

Are there other online GC games? Can't think of any.

For starters their size is a little less big there and isos are more manageable than folders. Besides they seem to perform a little better (but that might be because I changed from Multiman to Webman)

So I've got my PS3 with Rebug 4.81 installed, and I've got a few games on it. I've had my Internet connection completely disabled ever since running the exploit. Is there a safe way to download game updates? I've been using a PC app called PS3 Games Updates and it's been great for some games, but it's also an outdated app and is very incomplete.

Is there a chance I could get banned if I connect my CFW PS3 to the Internet to download updates without ever signing into PSN?

PSO episode 1&2
PSO episode 3
Some Japan only game I forgot the name

Kirby racer and Mario kart also had LAN capabilites, but no actual online servers.

5 hours

You can grab game updates directly from the XMB. Press triangle on the game and check for updates.

You don't need PSN for this as the update servers are separate from PSN servers. Sony can't ban you for non PSN server access like for example watching Netflix on CFW PS3.

Just set up your internet connection like you normally you would in the XMB and you can safely install game updates

ISO will perform better than millions of little files since theres significantly less overhead associated with all those files.
They will also FTP much faster since the software doesn't have to start stop for each file.
This relies on cobra but very, very rarely is that a problem.

I was extremely assmad to find this doesn't apply to the ps4, it wants psn for everything even non-psn stuff. PS3 only pulled that shit for stuff like netflix even though it had no reason to, at least we could patch it out.

You guys sure? cause if I get banned and lose my account or all the shit on PS3 and PS4 I've actually paid for just because I wanted to download some updates I'm comin for you niggas

>NOR Flasher Exploit keeps failing to trigger
Annoying.
If you're really worried about your account getting banned, then just sign out and use a different account.

Yes it's safe. Use a throwaway account and spoof your console with SEN enabler if you're super paranoid.

PS3 only makes you sign into PSN for Netflix once then it never asks you again. If you have CFW you can skip it entirely with the no PSN version app.

I didn't plan on signing in at all, just grabbing the updates from the XMB. I just want to be safe about it.

updates are safe, but if you really want to be sure then use a throwaway account.
It's easier to get banned on PS3 than on 3DS.

dont trust these guys. sony can tell when an update isnt legit. you WILL be banned.

but why would I need a throwaway account if I'm not going to sign in at all? You don't need to sign in to download updates from the XMB.

I'm trying to do the NAND exploit on my PS3, but I'm running into a problem.

Did the first steps and ran the script on redthetrainer.com/ps3/ succesfully(my playstation turned off after it ran the script succesfully).
Afterwards I'm trying to install Ferrox 4.82 CFW, but everytime I try to update, I get a "data is corrupted" message. I also tried to update through the system restore, but I also get the message there.

Anyone have any ideas?

there's almost nothing to do right now, but conversely, waiting longer makes it harder to get one on exploitable firmware

Just to be sure/
If you have PSNPatch set up then there should be no problem.

ISO performs the same as PS3_Game folder when playing since mounting the ISO will give the PS3 access to the same PS3_Game folder with the thousands of little files.

But the FTP thing is true. Transferring 1 big file is faster than transferring 5000 small files.

Try downloading the CFW again, you could have got some weird packets in the download or something. Also make sure your paths are correct.

Outside of that, try using a different USB stick or hard drive.

So, I'm required to update my PS3 in order to install this CFW, right? I don't think I've had any updates in a while. If that's the case, I should get on it before Sony rolls in a new one.

>Some Japan only game I forgot the name
homeland
homelandenglish.blog130.fc2.com/blog-entry-3.html

I checked the MD5 hash of the download and it checked out. I also made sure that the pathing was correct (PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP).

I am skeptical though whether or not the exploit script ran correctly because I got an error followed by a succes and a shutdown of the PS3 in a very short time window.

Is there any way to check whether or not it ran correctly?

I had the same problem yesterday, took me hours to fix it. Turns out the exploit wasn't working, I had to format my hdd and then when I tried it again it worked fine and I could install cfw first try. The exploit was either rebooting my PS3 right away or freezing the PS3 when it wasn't working, after formating my hdd the exploit would show success and hang for a while without freezing and then after a minute it would reboot the PS3.

So I downloaded a game and I got this "PS3_GAME" folder. How do I install it?

It won't hurt to try running it again, just make sure you're using the correct method. NAND or NOR, just triple check that that's what your console needs.

find out the game ID of the game (google it), make a new folder with the name being the game ID. put your PS3_GAME inside that game ID folder. put that folder inside dev_hdd0/GAMES, you can do this with FTP or Multiman File Manager.

I have noticed small gains from making an iso but the ps3 does try it's hardest to nerf it, I've read that even the rpm of your hard disk doesn't really matter and a ssd is a waste, it's pretty much the anti-pc.
This also reminds me to remind everyone to dump their eid rootkey so they can recover their shit when the ps3 dies, fucking encryption.

What are the downsides of CFWing your PS3?

So in order to install a game pkg go I have to transfer it to the console first or can I just install it directly over a memory stick?

Thanks. It also came with a "PS3_DISC_IObitDel.SFB" file, should I put this in the same folder along with "PS3_GAME"?

put it in the same folder as the GAME ID, not inside PS3_GAME

You risk getting a ban or a brick if something goes wrong.

Basically signing away your online rights, including the PSN store. But if you don't give a shit about going online with PS3 (honestly who does these days) then go for it.

>waiting longer makes it harder to get one on exploitable firmware

This is exactly what I'm thinking. So where are things at present? If I were to order one within the next week or so, what firmware would it come on? What tweaking would I have to do to start preparing it for homebrew?

Apologies for asking to be spoonfed.

Alright, thanks bro. Time to play some Tales of Berseria.

you still have access to online (netflix, youtube, downloading updates, etc) but PSN is risky unless you spoof your shit with SEN Enabler.

directly from the stick is fine
just put the pkg in the root of the stick

The firmware you need it to be on is 3.0.0
The only way to update to that now is to get a copy of Pokken DX.

alright thanks

>there's a japan exclusive dragon quest builders PS3 version
>tfw no one is willing to inject the english script from the vita version to it

Oh well, time to learn japanese

Why don't you do it

I tried that ages ago but it went horribly wrong by which i mean the game still ran perfectly in rune.

Might as well ask again now that the floodgates are open.

>mfw i have to play DQB on my pstv because the ps3 version isn't translated
i guess that's what i get for being an eop

the PS3 uses SATA 2 so fast drives get bottlenecked, but it's still worth replacing the 5400rpm with a 7200. SSD is a negligible improvement for the money, but i hear hybrid drives are almost as good. there's lots of benchmark videos but they're all on mainstream multiplat shit like GTA and skyrim.

There is absolutely no point in sitting on 3.0.0 unless you REALLY care about Kickass Homebrew™
If piracy happens on that version you'll be able to play such amazing exclusives as single player only Splatoon and single player only Pokken

How long does the new ps3 cfw'ing take?

I still have a fat lying around somewhere, but it still has the old 40gb HDD so I'll probably want to get a little upgrade there. If it takes long I won't bother doing it now if I'll just have to do it again once I get the HDD.

as far as injecting existing english translations, i'd love to see the underwater ray romano games

not to mention single player only Arms.

>amazing exclusives as single player only Splatoon and single player only Pokken
Holy shit I'm in! Ok cool, so at this stage it's really too early to jump in and wait for a big IF bubble to pop.

I don't know about builders but DQ is usually very simple in terms of language. You could learn how to read it (albeit slowly) if you practised for a few months.
That's how it goes for the older DQs anyway I wouldn't know about the newer ones or the spinoffs.

if you're competent enough to follow the original guide and you're not really unlucky, it can take under an hour.

Probably somewhere between a half hour and an hour to do everything.

you shouldn't put SSDs inside a PS3 because the OS lacks TRIM support. overtime the SSD will get slower because of this.

It's trial and error, so you could take a while. Mine took 2 hours.

Get the HDD, you'll have to do it again if you take out the hard drive I think.

Oh well, that's not too bad.

Will I actually have to do it again if I put in a new hdd? And will I have to look out for anything when I do put in a new hdd, like the console forcibly updating or something?
Sorry for the questions, all I've ever done was put cfw on my psp and my 3ds, and that was super simple compared to this.

that's one of many reasons not to, it's just something you can do if you have money to burn and you want to see the absolute best load times you can get.

Do games really need to install stuff on PS3 even when the console is reading the ISO inside it?
It's taking more space than they should.

Isn't the PS4 a stupid SATA to USB setup as well?

I think PS4 uses the same SATA 2 bus as PS3. Hence why PS4 only ships with a 5400RPM hard drive.

For disc games that require installs yes. The game still thinks its a disc so it makes you install anyways. If you want to avoid this then get the PSN version specifically instead of the disc version if it's available.

What speed should I be getting on LAN? It seems to transfer at 10 MiB/s with IRISMan

If you put in a new hdd then you need to put the cfw file on a thumbstick and put it in the ps3 and tell it to update from the file. It won't auto update but make sure that automatic updating is turned off in system settings anyways.

Yes. When you run off an iso, the game still thinks that it is a disc. If the game installs data, it will install more stuff to the harddrive. It doesn't know that it's being played off the harddrive already.

depends on your router, ethernet cable, and how many files are you transferring at once.

I get 25mb/s doing FTP via ethernet to my PS3 transferring a single large iso.

How do I make my console show up in ProDG?