We dem botz edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Data_File
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15910/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Legion sucks

Please help

>>

this general sucks. stop remaking them. Fallout is dead.

250 mods in Fallout 4 and still want / need more

send help

Nani wo itteorunoda. Sappari wakaran. Nantoka shitekure!

Anyone else just dislike the way Ulysses talks? I mean I get that many think he's just straight up boring or obsessed with muh bear and bull but holy shit why does he have to be one of those characters that speaks in riddles and cryptic bullshit? I swear to god these kinds of characters are so often put in fiction and it's dumb as fuck most of the time, just speak like a normal person for fucks sake, it doesn't make you a better writer if you just make things overly complicated and/or drag things out in an attempt to make them seem deep when they really aren't. All it does it make it boring as shit to listen to someone with a (typically) monotone voice drone on about shot that doesn't make and goddamn sense unless you read super into it, and even then half of the time still means nothing. Seriously, why do so many stories have characters like this? It's not even realistic.

Let's do something with that Classical Music.

Enclave related.

An underwater mining complex thats been re-purposed as a city and the Classical Music is used as a homing beacon for submarines.

Add NPC that's decoding the signal and allows you to start the quest.

After the signal has been decoded an automated sub is called to the surface.

Get on the sub and go to the city.

Get there and find that the docks are flooded and the enclave are unable to use the subs because of flooding.

thus explaining their absence

drain the docks of water and enter the city

get arrested by enclave security forces that have been watching you on the cameras

Stripped of everything.

large robot presence

Three new types of robots

Inside main city looks similar to this image but with background of ocean like rapture.

Taken to their cells for interrogation about the mainland but then redirected to their leader.

Talk with the leader.. Your choice?

At the end decide to keep the classical music station running or disable it.

Lie to the lady and say there was nothing there

or tell her to go there in the sub?

Finish quest.

chris avellone thats why

start converting to .esl

omea wa mou shindeiru

t. Triggered legionfag

if your working on a player home then have a look at this location after you've made that.

It's basically next to bunker hill.

It's got a working gate already but nothing to enter with, doors on the front across the road are blocked off making it excellence as a river side home.

Something like this would be perfect.

Gate has some sort of electric lock and terminal, hack it.

Enter door behind gate, see massive lift once you've entered.

big basement area bit like a portal chamber with enough space to build a vault roughly the same size as vault 88 but square rather than all angler

Massive mirelurk infestation.

Actually now that i think of it, this would function as the poor mans verison of vault 88.

would be nice to build vault structures in there with the dlc tho.

Ghoulified lolis are technically legal because they stay like that for hundreds of years

>start converting to .esl
w-what

creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Data_File

>Image related

Why hasn't someone modded theses protectron heads as optional replacements for the actuated head?

Why does it only have to come in the flavor construction why not Fire, Police and Hospital aswell?

Ohohohohohoho protections make me laff, they are todd's gift to mankind are they not?

atleast the legion doesn't execute innocent molerats

combination of tribal mysticism and legion ideological indoctrination. there's no casual tone to him because nothing in his life has been casual.

>that doesn't make and goddamn sense unless you read super into it
>it doesn't make you a better writer if you just make things overly complicated
sounds like classic fallout really isn't your thing. thankfully Emil's method is keeping things as simple and emotionally base as possible, I'm sure 3 and 4 are right up your alley

hi this general sucks goodbye

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15910/?

Any tips on good weapon packs that aren't New Millennia or CFW? Reload adds some nifty stuff but as usual I'm greedy as fuck for variety

not really, I mean theres the homemade pack, a bunch of standalone classic weapons. micalovs too

>implying that making things verbose is preferable to a brief and clear message that gets straight to the point while cutting the fat

And making a character sound realistic and reasonable in their way of speaking is a very uncommon thing in media it seems, most of the time dialogue sounds highly scripted or like something no real person would ever say. I enjoy the rare occurrence for when this down tend up being the case.

And I enjoy all the fallout games aside from brotherhood of steel mind you, however the saying "brevity is the soul of wit" comes to mind here.

>checking that "Morgan space suit" on OutfitStudio
>it has completely rubbish meshes that don't fit the female body at all
>okay, let's fix it
>check the left leg and it's full of holes on the mesh
>okay, let's fix it on Blender
>for some odd reason it has 2 separate parts on the lag, despite it being a one-piece suit
>had to cut the hand parts in order to copy the bone weights
>what was supposed to be a small 5min adjustment became a 1h work

At least I didn't pay for this quarter-assed content.

>making a character sound realistic
what possible context do you have for how a post apocalyptic society based off an alternate history communicates?
read anything from a two centuries ago and wonder to yourself why everything is so difficult to understand
when you take all the fat off a steak you end up with a dry, tasteless slab

I already orbited Caitfag way before the leeks, so FUCK OFF because she's mine

You make a good point, however many would argue that even old books were a misrepresentation of how the common folk would communicate, being far more formal and stilted that how most would really talk.

And in the case of fallout, well we can tell that the way in which most people speak is in a very casual manor similar to how most speak nowadays, even those in the legion and it's territories speak normally/only slightly odd when compared to the norm. Very few if any appeal like Ulysses with his very cryptic way of talking, almost like when the heroes of a book/movie/show or whatever come across some ancient individual with a powerful voice and way of speaking where nothing they say is clear cut or obvious. Wherther that is deliberate or simply because of a time gap in universe that cause communication issues between the old and new depends on the specific case, but in Ulysses' case I think it just sounds odd. Especially when paired up against the very lax and casual dialogue options the courier has available to them.

This post isn't very brief is it. Well at least I'm not actively trying to twist things around and make them seem complicated, I'm just a rambler. Which -by the way - would be a good enough excuse to give a character tons of dialogue without making the flow of it all suffer for it.

Wait, caitfag is a she?

absolutely not
somebody implied they might be and they ran with it because of autism

Caitfag is a qt redhead girl (male)

>really cringy beta male or your average internet attention whore
your choice

I come to humbly request assistance.

Playing NV with Millenia's CZ805 mod because that's my raifu, but the mod has me triggered by only allowing the scope on the short-barreled A2 and the holo sight on the longer-barreled A1.

I don't know anything about modding, so could someone tell me how to flip those around? I can't imagine it being too hard, because both guns are exactly the same model and textures minus the barrel length.

I have an issue where the steam overlay for fallout 3 goty doesnt work. Also, it doesnt count my hours and steam says Im not playing the game when I launch it. Anyone else have this problem?

I'll give it a shot later tonight if i have time. Or if someone else doest do it first

That really should be the opposite of how it is. Wonder why its like that.

I love these guys!
They get around a lot too.

No idea m8. If you or someone else who isn't modding incompetent like me could do that and upload it, I would really appreciate it.

>I have an issue where the steam overlay for fallout 3 goty doesnt work
good
it causes issues and crashes
its an easy fix, just switch the models in the mod section in the geck

Nah. Must be a dude then. If it was a chick she'd already had set up patreons and would be getting vagoobucks from the thirsties here

daily reminder that every time you implying Shadman walk out of the room you are dropping his name and making potentian Shadman connoisseurs google him, driving more traffic to his site and he has publicly stated multiple times that he's exploiting the meme to its fullest marketing potential

No one cares.

Someone calibrated that holographic sight more wrong than it's physically possible to calibrate it. It points something like 40° to the right and 15° down.

Listen to me Todd, i know you're browsing Veeky Forums you autistic faggot. Either release next creations or anounce that you fucked up again and CC is dead. It's been two months!

bump

Nothing seems to work, even reinstalled NMM and still nothing works.

Oh noes people are googling to find out more info about things thry might be interested in??
Holt shit batman ,stop the presses!! People need to know about this.

>Replying to a bot

Some people don't know about reverse image search. Providing the source of something simply because you dislike it and because announcing that dislike is a popular meme lets others find it and it increases the chances of it getting posted again. Thou art being jammed with as if thou were a violin.

I doubt it's the bot's fault that the sight is fucked.

So what about that time when Bethesda wanted to make aliens be the cause of the Great War?

>Some people don't know about reverse image search
because they're lazy not because they don't know how it works.

Who gives a fuck if someone google's Shadman like he said. His shit's awful and if they like it then they just have bad taste.

Ur an idiot.

How is it fucked? Genuinely curious

>He expects help on Veeky Forums
user my man, just use reddit or literally any other place. You're only to get ignored or drowned out here.

This, The only thing that gets responses around here is waifuposting.

A holographic or red dot sight uses a semi-reflective mirror to position a crosshair on the target. When you can see the dot, from any angle, that's where the barrel should be pointing. If you can see the crosshair like it is in that bot's screenshot, that's literally where the crosshair points. About 150cm to the right of the corner of that wall there. ie. absolutely not where the gun barrel is pointing.

-insert screaming goofy sounds-

If people are interested they can find it if they want. Wow so insightful
Literally nobody gives a shit.

What is the best non energy/plasma sniper rifle in Fo4 ? and what is the best mod for non energy/plasma sniper rifle ?

Even GUN modders make infinitely superior ports for free, while Bethesda can't properly port their own creations into their own game. This is amateur-level work and they put a price tag on this crap unironically.

passion>greed

>Mods are installed but the game things they're not
You're an idiot, you went past the 255 mod limit and the game is refusing to load any mods at all.

Vanilla would be gauss rifle

So dead thread I'll rant about some of what I've been doing; going back to normalmaps and diffusemaps to make a freckled-alternate race. Doing alright, a lot of help about a month ago from a /fog/user about how normalmaps work, but for some reason I really fucked up my clavicle placement, which I'm surprised on as I did export a UV map and used that as an overlay, but still missed the mark horribly. Also adding body hair in places has been a pain; mainly the armpits as there is a major texture seam stuck in there (makes sense, inconspicuous spot).

That was when I've been around; two weeks of November I was elk hunting and living in a canvas tent, good times. I'll often wonder why I'm spending time making shitty broken mods for an old game but it's been fun to do in my spare time. Pic is relevant as the only recent one of my texture edits I can post without censoring it before hand (you can tell how off the normalmap clavicle highlight is compared to the actual model). Also fuck neckseams.

What's their band name?
I would help you because your SS looks great, but I don't have FO4 so can't, sorry.
wilhelm_scream.tga

>.esl Files released by Bethesda Game Studios (Creation Club releases) are flagged as master files and always load immediately after the official Bethesda masters, in lexicographical order. These .esl files cannot be deactivated.
>.esl Files released by modders are flagged the same as .esp files, but these also load with the master files, in the order specified in plugins.txt. These .esl files will need to be activated before the game will load them.
Pffft no thanks! I prefer my game to be not broken and my saves uncorrupted. **Reminder that .esl files were also made by the same company who tried to make all of our mods load in alphabetical order.**

>Doesn't know how esl files work
>Misattributes a fuckup from Nexus as the invisible hand of Bethesda
Go play in traffic ya retahd

Top kek

But how could Caitfag compete with this?

in-game is handmade rifle crafted into a fake SVD
mod wise is DKS, though asxas' rifles are nice too

>Shilling this hard because bethesda made even more empty promises
You can beta test this """new feature""" all you want. Meanwhile I will continue to play my FO4 without any major bugs or save corruption issues associated with mods that CANNOT BE DEACTIVATED LOL being launched before any important modded .esms or .esps that are responsible for handling/sorting these mods.

>load in alphabetical order.
>using toddnet

I myself waited until the last minute to update my game. I let all the lemmings test out the new patch while I remained in comfy 1.9 land. I sat back and watched as people had issues after issues, including having their load orders fucked with by Bugthesda's patch.

is fallout 4 fixed yet? ty by

>Literally proving my point about not knowing what esls are
Thanks. Saved me some time.

no sry

If I turn Diamond City hostile for whatever reason, how long until they reset and I stop being KOS?

who cares
game is more fun when you have to go out and find things instead of buying them

Just kill them all user.

hi general bad bye

u wot mate?

never ever

>0 errors

here I go lads
time to have fun

Why has my lighting suddenly broke? It wasn't like this before and I haven't altered anything to make it like this, I have no idea why it's doing it. It isn't doing it to other and older saves. How do I fix it? It looks like how stuff looks in Creation Kit

Here's how it previously looked when it was working.

Are you perplexed by the image of hemoglobin which has spilled from your own body?

did you hit the key to stop the effect of your enb/reshade or whatever?

I didn't know it even has one, so I could've done it accidentally. What's the key typically?

Anyone know how to stop settlers from sleeping in a bed. The retards at Red Rocket keep stealing my bed and I have to keep executing everyone I see in it. It's annoying when I'm trying to build up a settlement and the game forces me to kill my settlers, literal artificial difficulty.