/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

RNN Road to Recovery

-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Stickerbitch's calendar of memes and dreams:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Shitposting chatrooms:
discord.gg/5k3sVzC
telegram.me/robinhoodgeneral

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Previous Thread: → → #

Other urls found in this thread:

streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=12790447
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for selling IMMU at $6.13

Second for the potential OPK acquisition of RXII.

Third in... just checking the fridge.

Fourth for fapping to /e/

anyone else get the feeling of being so tired near 4pm that you just want to dump everything knowing you're still good on your pos?

>not setting your limits and sleeping through the market

i lost 1.04% today :(

i'm used to staring at my monitor for the whole 6.5 hours, or 10.5 hours if im holding a lot after hours

Thanks to whoever recommended PTN. I got about 14% off of it before I sold.

HOLD NMM, do not be disheartened

My goal is to be green at closing because the green+black color scheme is so comfy

Any thoughts on coal stocks or united airlines

agreed! NMM is going up big time these little shake outs are expected.

also.. what is that bunny in the top left corner?

you guys are idiots holding penny stocks long term.

Take the Goldman Sachs

You fucking kikes thought you could have manipulated the market into tanking my AMD--now look what happened to you after your earnings. You got bit in the ass, hard.

I hope this is just the beginning of the market holocaust for you kikes.

can you help me figure this out?

On Monday, Vanessa and Ishaan decided to see how fast they could sprint 200 meters. They asked their friend Luis to time them with a stopwatch.
Vanessa sprinted first and ran 200 meters in 54.91 seconds. When it was Ishaan's turn, he sped off and completed the run in 46.07 seconds.
How much faster was Ishaan than Vanessa in seconds?

oy vey!

Btu looks like a good coal pick

Why is that?

so... is trump making a coal deal with china or is that just /pol/ fantasies?

Guys what's your position on gold?

NMM IS JUST A MEME, ISN'T IT?

I GOT A MORTGAGE AND NOW I SEE Veeky Forums WAS JUST SHILLING IT EVERYWHERE

BIZ ALONE OWNS HALF THE COMPANY, DON'T YOU?

how about you people that keep saying "NMM is just a meme" do some fucking DD

the company is growing. if you don't know what you are doing. Delete the app and go back to your day job.

VPN

It's that time of the thread again...
>beat 2 earnings estimates in a row
>BDI is climbing
>In a strong uptrend
>Restructuring
>bought 2 more ships to bring in more money
>shipping industry finally bottomed out last month and is on the verge of a rally
>beat earnings by huge amounts last two quarters
>has a diverse fleet, unlike DRYS, and will likely go up with the Baltic Dry Index
>refinanced debt and paid off over $100 million of it since the start of 2016
>just sold $100 mil worth of shares in a direct offering at market price
>will start paying massive dividends as soon as their finances are in order

Bro when are MJ stocks coming back up...I bought back in and have been having a period for the last two months

What a wild ride on AMRA in at .60

$2.6k sitting on the side lines, what's the next moonshot?

8.84 seconds. Now why couldn't you figure that out.

JDST has yet again had another green day. Gold Is is Rising. The dollar is falling. Its only a matter of time before JNUG explodes into an upward trend.

If oil proceeds to stagnate, im going to ride the bull till the reportings come out

What broker do you use? I'm looking at sure trader.

What do you use for scanning?

>JDST 15K in 2013
>$14 now

H-holy shit.. Can it go back that high?

PLUG

hi newfriend

two weeks from now youre going to learn how much of a baka pepe poster you are.

Please teach me senpai I'm serious

Well what we know so far is china turned back coal from North Korea and took an American shipment. How long will it last and the end game is anyone's guess but if it continues this could be the time to get in on the action

You seriously think gold can rise much more?

Well, since ive been consistently green for 6 days now. i will pass my knowledge.

How to profit and day trade off ETFs with under 25k.

First, the most volatile ETFs are:

UGAZ and DGAZ
UWT and DWT
JNUG and JDST

I try to study these candle charts as much as possible on investing.com. Gas and oil have a huge community on investing. For JNUG and JDST, just read stock twits, since they get a 100 comments a day for both.

Cant say much about technicals. You just start to get a feel for it after staring at candlestick charts for so long. Youll learn to detect trends and bottoming out.

There are 3 ways to buy and sell to avoid day trade limit

1. I have $2000. At 930, i buy $1000 of JNUG. JNUG rises 5% till 1030. I then buy $1000 shares of JDST. Now, I have collected 5% increase of JNUG, and will not have to worry about overnight fuckups that ruin my money, so I can sell both off the next day with 5% return. NEVER hold an ETF for more than 24 hours to prevent decay.

2. I buy $1000 of JNUG and $1000 of JDST at the same time, and then i wait till tomorrow. At 930, i think JDST, so I sell JNUG, also, I use the money from JNUG to buy UGAZ, since I think both UGAZ and JDST will rise for the day. So, at 1030, I seel JDST with 5% return, and buy DGAZ, to also have a 5% return from UGAZ to keep to the next day.

3. This one is for damage control. I buy $1000 of JNUG, it falls 5%, and I lose profit. In order to prevent as much damage as possible, i wait for it to bottom out. An ETF usually bottoms out at 12 pm and then either stagnates for flip flops. I then use the remaining $1000 to buy the bottom.

All three methods have saved me in dicey situations, and have not been red since.

All these baka try to tell me that I lose profit from ETF decay, which is untrue because that only happens if you hold a ETF for a week. They also tell me, "DURR COMMODITIES ARE SO UNPREDICTABLE AND YOU CAN FUCK UP REALLY BAD.". Which is also untrue. If anything, ETFs are the safest bet you have. Every time you invest in one, you literally have a 50% chance of making profit like a coin flip., while for stocks, you have more like 10% to a 90% chance of making profit. And also, commodities have been around for so long, have so much news converge, and large communities, that you practally have all the info you could need compared to other stocks.

Yes. We still haven't even gotten to 2016 summer levels.

>start with 100 dollaroos
>buy jnug, it soon drops 5%
>panic and sell
>rises 6% by the end of the day
>mfw

goddamn, you guys must have nerves of steel to do this shit day after day

Never forget one of the most important rules in trading user. Don't let emotions dictate how you trade.

SNAP should squeeze soon solid buy under 20

Oh, sweet summer child...

I bailed on EMAN completely today, switched over to CARA at 16.80, my target is 17.80 before next Wednesday or I pull the ripcord

Stay poor idc

Shilling SNMX on April 27th earnings. Lots of insider buying in March. Management appears very optimistic about future revenue growth according to their prior conference call

you need to post the chart with this pasta. let the trend be your friend.

Hoping for a moon mission. In at $0.90. 600 shares.

Looks like an interesting one, I think I remember hearing about it here late last month. I'll be watching it, GLHFDD

that was me who talked about it.

An user mentioned it in passing. I like the industry. Plenty of room for growth. The company's financials look solid. Management seems like they know what they're talking about. I can't guarantee a moon mission from earnings but a buyout is very possible. $40 mil market cap is chump change, thus multiplied to buy up all the shares is nothing.

Discuss. What're your thoughts on SNMX?

Seekingalpha keeps crashing my browser, what happened to SNMX that it cratered around November?

In step 1, why not just sell JNUG instead of hedging with JDST? Also does decay occur at the end of the trading day or exactly 24 hours from purchase? Also what indicators do you use to determine the direction of the commodity?

Pepsico told them that they wont be launching a reformulated mug root beer using one of their sweeteners so it tanked the stock but they still have a collaboration with pepsi and have their flavors in a drink called manzanita sol. They have also been increasing their commercial revenues through licensing their flavors to different companies.

>In step 1, why not just sell JNUG instead of hedging with JDST?
that would use a day trade. that guides for people with out 25k

I can't find any info. I'm looking forward anyway. They're exciting because they're like a biotech stock, but can get a product to market much easier, though the profits aren't there.

Well one of their products is supposed to be superior to other natural sweeteners and they've been developing since 2010 and have gone through 3million samples. So it really isn't that easy and it was like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. If they do get it out there though it'll be a big win for them.

Well I didnt get as much as I wanted off of IDXG but a profit will always be a profit. Looking for tomorrows big runners, going to be studying until bedtime, time to round up a big one boys.

Sold my FEYE yesterday to pick up more CARA. Don't know why it dropped but it's a sure-fire hit.

this Dont know specifically what causes delay. I say it has something to do with there always being a .5% difference a day between an ETF bull and bear. Cant really explain it, but the point is to never long with a 3x etf

I determine by:
-Previous chart history from a few weeks ago. Looking for patterns to repeat.
-News and Updates on global market from commentors
-If at 9:00 am, there is clear trend going on, i will bet on it. If its just stagnating after a spike, i will be on bear. If its stagnating on bear, i will bet on bull.

CTRV rebounded was getting scary
Hoping for the hold on CVM to be lifted within a few months

Neat. I'll be done with classes in May. Maybe I should fire up RH again.

But also, buy SNMX cause moon mission. That is all.

thanks. but whats really impressive is the progress in my portfolio so far. Ill post it soon for everyone

>SNMX
I do miss moon missioning again.

But, are you a well known namefag like kingshiba or just a random shill?

I'm a random shill. Rollplaying like a faggot. I actually have large positions in dividend paying stocks. I'm just bored at night and want to entertain myself. The market is more fun at this point than anything else.

Why is it taking so long to download my tax document?

>SNAP
LMAO. I can't believe people are actually trying to go long on SNAP

I just want to say I really enjoy these threads and whoever you are, please keep making them because I've learned a ton in just over two weeks and am making roughly ~$100 a week from this, which makes a big difference for me

i have literally only lost money all year on rh

i'm not even yoloing i'm just buy and hold guy.

you hang around long enough and one day you'll be allowed to start the thread!

What caused such a rise in CMG?

Anyone else have AAPL?

I love kingshiba as much as the next guy, but his trip has been public for years. I remember "zkraGArAss" back on Fighting Amphibians, a Team Fortress 2 imageboard, we're talking seven years ago. Also note the distinct lack of his weekly +/- percentages.

Nothing personal in case I'm wrong, I'm just being wary.

I created this one, multiple people start the threads, then randoms add their input and cause people to become poor. But we are a loving poor community.

$GILD
Thank me later

all stocks are 50% chance of profit retard
>50% chance it goes down
>50% chance it goes down

honestly how can people on this board be so fucking retarded??

one of those should say "up"

Not when you trade with Veeky Forums

i'm gaining experience user, someday i'll get it right

Mind detailing what you've done to lose so much?

was holding ADPT long and got cucked hard....any hope of it bouncing back to 2.00 any time soon?

CBLI was this weeks big winner and most us missed it.

Anyone who bought UGAZ because of me

Looks like i got you some money

:^)

LADS LADS

Is it worth investing 150 a month into ETFS, with extremely low fees?

This is excess cash i have to invest after normal meme bank savings.

Obviously interest rates are shit so I'm looking at alternatives

But only if you sell am i right?

As a general rule, yes, indexing and not attempting to time the market is the most effective way for a non-insider to earn over the long term

If you want to aim a little bit higher, wait for a pullback. Stocks will be worth more in 10 years than they are now, but maybe not in 1-3 years

Why's nobody talking about SEED? I'm planning on buying it when the market opens.

Thanks man.

Any particular etf or should i just do a bit of research with the ones available and take a pick

Anyone long WMT or BP?

Walmart has earnings in a month, I imagine holding and selling pre-news is a safe play.

BP - there's a dip and summer travel season is upon us.

My current strategy is wait for a meaningful dip and buy DIA (the dow) but you could also buy SPY (S&P500)

Other market caps are a meme unless you want to go active manager mutual funds or individual stocks

SNGX to present data on their ricin toxin vaccine tomorrow at the Annual Conferance on Vaccine Research

I might be able to drop my PTN bags today

That's a pretty good value investing strategy. If you put some in every month sometimes you'll be buying higher or lower, but over the long run you should see pretty good growth. As some one else said you should wait for some kind of pull back, but if you plan on leaving it for 10 years it really wont make much of a difference if you keep putting some into it every month.

Nice premarket uptrend this morning

Bulls on parade goys!

SSH .....oversold?

streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=12790447

AMD is finally even again for me

IBM down over 5% in premarket. could be a good time to pick up some shares

IDXG will move at the bell again.
I'm also watching IMGN due to gapping and SAN for the same reason. Alos, those 2 don't have a margin restriction

I second this. I'm a pharmafag. They have a great pipeline and current lineup of drugs on major treatment guidelines