/ng/ - Nioh General

Ice slut edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt (embed)

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o6A_TVEbKQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_3Hu-xDxs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What I thought was a ghost was merely dried grass.

Anyone wants to lend me a hand with umi-bozu? I'm already low on elixirs and this nigga is tedious.

I think those story intermissions whenever you get a new GS are really underrated. The art and color compositions are beautiful.

PC? Post secret word and I'll join

I would help user, but I'm at work. I can help you in about 3 hours if you still need it.

Platform, guy.

Or I guess underappreciated would be the better word

Where do you guys find the art? I can’t find fuckall

Yeah, PC.
Someone joined but I fell into the water, lel.

this game is not very popular
even nips don't give a fuck

Make a secret word nigga

Just beat the game. What is this talk about + number divine weapons? How do I get +1 one? Do they just drop on higher levels? 150 is max equip level, right? how do people take on the level 250 missions then? Just grind perfect mods on +x divine weapons and 300 soul level?

What is the best spot to farm divine weapons from revenants ?

I've learned Backwave 2, but Tempest never activates.
How does it work?

Check bridge missions, but farming divine weapons from revenants is a pointless pursuit.

What is the spirit protection 20% that every guardian has? 20% all damage reduction?

Tap guard right after backwave. You have very little time window though. So, double tap guard.

They just drop. To upgrade them you need the same level or higher: if you have a +1 and want to make it +2, you need either another +1 or higher.

150 is not max item level, it goes up to 300 something, but it's "locked" to the difficulty, so in WotS you won't see anything above 150, in WotW it's 250 I believe.

Battle of Ohashi Bridge is a good spot since every dies regardless of their gear. They only drop 150 up to WotW so don't waste too much time on that.

youtube.com/watch?v=o6A_TVEbKQ0 1 second in google

You'll find +1 during Way of the Strong at some point. To raise its plus value, you need to soul match it with a divine or ethereal (much later) weapon of equal or greater plus value. Bear in mind that you'll only increase its plus value by one point no matter how many levels higher the weapon you're burning as a material is. Raising plus value increases the attack modifier beyond what the weapon level grants.

150 is only the max for the first two difficulties. The level cap for william and weapons increases with each difficulty you unlock.

+1 and above will be drops and you have to soul match them for whatever you have or better. Also it only goes up by 1 no matter how many + you merge

Eg. 0+1 = 1 while 0+20=1

Yep, just managed to do it once accidentally.
Window is so small I gotta double tap, can't react in time.

Ok so since 1.20 no critical effects work with living weapon right cause if so I'm about to remove all mine I still have a few I left on cause I ran out of money. But I made some last night before going to sleep.

yeah critLW got assblasted
being in critical condition still hugely improves your LW tenacity but you don't get to break the game over your knee anymore

Interesting. Also seems kinda stupid since they literally blew out the fanatic set. Since it's suppose to give a massive attack boost with sazuka. Which triggers when you're in critical health and it has critical attack and boosts on it.

On what difficulty all the major cooping usually happens? Wise and Nioh?

yep, there's literally no point to that set any more

If I soul match two +0 divines will I get a +1?

What's the best guardian spirit and why is it suzaku? The revive saved my ass so many times and the guardian spirit attack deals disgusting ki damage and can deplete the bar on any boss in 1-2 casts.

Anyone on PC have any optimization guides? My frames are so inconsistent.

No for +1 you actually need +1 or better kinda stupid but it's whatever

why after first DLC everything is kicking my ass in second?

I feel like they should have at least let that set bonus still work. It's not gamebreaking to have like 30% damage from critical for it. Since it's a set bonus and no other sets as far as I've seen have a critical bonus on them.

so when will divine with special effect start dropping from revenants?

You know, you can not be a pussy and play non-LW critical builds

>Concludes that Backwave is bad because of the damage numbers from doing a single grapple after each parry.
Ho boy.

I use the Gallantry set with tengu fans and don’t give a fuck really

It's not completely useless you can still use it for 100% skill ki reduction spinner build with critical. Shit is bananas.

youtube.com/watch?v=wp_3Hu-xDxs

tfw Ginchiyo with weapons refashioned to Raikiri, Raishodo and Lightning Cannon

wow

dlc is literally ashes of ariandel

What set do I rock for my Spear build? Just Warrior of the East?
Also, what weight do you people prefer besides Medium?

Anyone know how to use the tonfa gun skill?

I've literally never used critLW in my 600 hours of play time, I'm just pointing out the shoddy attempt at balancing that resulted in the entire point of a set's bonus effects being rendered completely useless

It activates when you use Devastation

I think you booted up the wrong game

Is there any non-ass way to get my desired CTA? I farmed for money more times than I can count, and the best I got was a Spirit one, but I need Body

yeah, reforging or tempering

press X or Y again after executing devastation or crimson lotus

Tempering or inheriting (we used to drop revenants with CTA str, skill etc on PS4)

Use tempering along with general reforging. If it's something new that you haven't got everything on it you need roll least 3 stats and it should change your reforges for temper till you get all the shit you need. That's how I did mine anyway.

>If it's something new that you haven't got everything on it you need roll least 3 stats
Can you rephrase that? Dunno if it's me not being too familiar with the community of the game or whatever, but that sentence meant nothing to me

Post shamefur disprays

>that first mission with arrows and red demons

pshh.. thats nothin, kid

Nue user here. Died to his ass 45 times.

oops, by “his” I mean Nue

pcfriends won't remember you, nue :(

My worst.
I only died to your guy 5 times.

Maria killed me like 40 times or so.

i tried posting the other day, and some PCfriend said I was blogposting. Im still alive and kicking though

Please stop pretending to be retarded for replies.

Which clans are you guys in? Also which clan do you guys think is the most optimal for ninja build?

they were probably just a little booty bothered from dying repeatedly to some boss, the old guard still remember and appreciate you

you will probably see me bitching about Obsidian Samurai in ~3 hours. Im glad Ive stuck with the game. Already have 80 hours into it

If you reforge multiple lines it changes all your tempers. Which gives you about 30 choices vs the 10 for one line that alot of times won't change without tempering it.
The entire system is convoluted there's a video guide somewhere about it and how to get what you want faster.

have your frustration episodes gotten any less dramatic
it'd be nice to know if having to consistently overcome your anger has helped you handle it better

Joined a coop game where the host had a rock throwing set, and killing everything on WotW. Pretty sure he just wanted to show off, lol

kikkawa
gotta love that status ailment removal and sweet damage reduction boost

not really, Sakon made me go animalistic. I could not handle his spear shenanigans

damn shame, but good on you for persisting

Fuck both of these they are literally the worst shit.

Just beat Masamune.
Would've been a good fight except for him spamming that oneshot attack with weird hitboxes and his stamina regen making no sense.
It's the next boss better?

If you was getting one shot by masamune be prepared for world of pain. Maybe you'll have a better time than I did.

How do you actually unlock the Maria transformation?

I just beat her in the final mission of the first DLC.

There's some conflicting information about this, somebody said that you have to finish all the missions in the first DLC, while somebody else said that have unlock her full codex entry, meaning that I'll have to kill her 2 more times.

You'll love Maria.

I'm guessing it's fill her codex cause I completed all the first dlc also and I don't have it. Either.

I just beat both of them, I'd say that Maria is much harder due to her cheap instakill grab. Masamune at least telegraphed his attack clearly, while Maria can do hers from out of the blue, essentially.

Damn, does it count if you help other fags in coop?

It wasn't that bad, he only oneshoted me with the impale attack. He killed me once as I entered because I accidentally used sacred water and he impaled me.
Pretty sure it's intentionally a oneshot attack, I have 2.8k hp with 150+2 Kingo set and this is just WotSamurai.

I hate how this game is so dark most of the time.

well it's about war and demons so

Not that guy, but I do

Yeah long as you help kill her it counts towards your kill counts even if you join someone elses..

What's the most OP build this patch?

Just pick your favourite flavor of living weapon build.

Finish the last mission in the last dlc. I skipped the first two DLCs and still got the skin.

LW is probably still the strongest even with nerfs. Other than that I'd say crit builds general.

What do I push into the inheritable?

I mean how it's constantly night and dark indoors.
Even the snowy areas had a goddamned night sky.

How do I even make a LW build? Is it even doable in WotW?

Meant for

>indoors
well, they didn't have electricity back then
>night sky
it's not all the time
pic related

Fuku transformation would be so much better if we could hide the hat and cape

I played main story at release and stopped, coming back to play again with Odachi

what's the best skills for Odachi?

>it's not all the time
Didn't say it was.

I had a much easier time with her. Her instakill is very close range and I usually backstep after attacking a few times, so she missed almost every time, and when she didn't, she didn't oneshot me with it.
I died twice because I didn't realize she drains amrita and I was using Suzaku.

>all these deaths to the bosses
and here I was sitting thinking I was the ultimate shitter by dying four times to Byakko and nine times to Yuki-Onna
I'm not retarded enough to die to Muneshige though lol

Basics are pretty easy. Here is an easy guide.

1. Max spirit
2. Grab odachi or kusarigama
3. Pop leeching talisman to reduce your health in critical state.
5. Pop extraction and pleaides talismans.
6. Pop a spirit stone/soul stone/cruxian shard to fill your amrita gauge.
7. Activate living weapon and proceed to rape everything.

If you want to do this with kusarigama, equip full Hayabusa gear. And spam living weapon strong attacks. You can equip 3 piece whatever grace you want as an option but not necessary at this point.

If you want to do this with odachi grab Kigetsu 3 piece (I would say 1 piece odachi, 2 piece armour), 3 piece Tatenashi and 3 piece whatever grace you want as an option. (Actually there are lots of these LW setups with different graces, I am just writing one you can easily gather). Also, whatever debuff you can inflict on yourself will increase your damage thanks to Kigetsu.

However, if you got a decent setup with about 20% Close Combat Damage increase, just grabbing an odachi and popping aforementioned talismans will be enough.

Also almost forgetting to mention. You use Kato as guardian spirit.

Yasakani magatama is required.

Or everything besides her perfect body.

how well does "Damage Received(Status Ailment)" stack?

Like with Kigetsu + torso effect and the clan bonus? Is it worth? stacking or just fine with Kigetsu?

Stupid fucking slut.
Bitch totally deserved what she got.

bit harsh m8