/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Nippon planes edition

Previous thread: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>A discord you can use
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/news/5127-development-preliminary-research-and-purchase-changes-for-ground-vehicles-rank-3-5-en
reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/72sarx/the_complete_air_tech_tree_rework_new_brs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for genociding slavs

The Yak-15 has the best cockpit I’ve seen in the game. Completely clear all around!

It's hot garbage.

Two nukes weren't enough.

well it's known that APHE is completely overperforming, especially in favor slavs. solid shot is underperforming, but should they be changed to perform realistically, how different would it be?

why?

Reminder: warthunder.com/en/news/5127-development-preliminary-research-and-purchase-changes-for-ground-vehicles-rank-3-5-en

Might drop tomorrow

doesn't get WEP and it's completely outclassed by everything at 3.7

Shame the plane itself is useless shit.

fucking better, I'm not going to buy the FV4202 until this shit drops

No wep, no turbo-superchargers.

>warthunder.com/en/news/5127-development-preliminary-research-and-purchase-changes-for-ground-vehicles-rank-3-5-en
I'm legit not playing high tier tanks until it drops

what makes you think it'll drop tomorrow?

sorry for the delay comrade, we tried being quiet for a week instead if waiting to drop after a few days of "collecting feedback"(or in other words, let the mods go batshit on anyone who doesn't agree and lynch them like true soviet times)

we thank for patience and don't forget to buy black friday deals and goyim yourself to tier v warbond shop that ends in 4 days

I wish to master it
If I can master the 15P I can master anything

>158,000+ research done on the T26E1
>it's dropping from 220,000 to 95,000 rp required
I know fucking WELL they'll reset the research progress when the economy update drops

Why wouldn't it? They revealed the plans on Tuesday, they usually release it within a week after reveal. Plus everyone in the community seem really pumped for it, so why delay?

What am I in for?

>Plus everyone in the community seem really pumped for it, so why delay?
__________)))))_______)))))))))))))))))))))________)))))))

Check the FAQ. They’re not resetting it. If you have enough for it then you get it.

Stock dogshit

oh thank fucking lord

No you can't because other planes fly differently and face different enemies. Mastering the Yak-15 won't make you good with the Hunter or the MiG-17

I can't fucking git gud with the me 163, it's a rocket plane but every game is a 1.0 uptier and I just get shit on by jets I can't catch also i can't aim

7.0 when?

it's good plane you are just shit

>Arcade

we won tovarischs))) )

yay

More unlockable skins when?

I think it's fun, personally

but you don't need it

>fasces
no no nO mother fuck...

I don't know, you'd think it would be easy with Gaijin to keep it's playerbase with more unlockable content.

Tired of shitters directing us to the live.site where it's only a collection of autist skins

fast plane that's also not very fast

wondering where all your ammo went with spitfires above you at 9km that you have a chance of outrunning and dealing with jets that outclass you in every facet other than firepower

bombers will be easy pickings so long as you don't sit in on their tail like a retard, just get the tracer belts asap

^5379
t. poopyshitter

>that happy as fuck dog emblem

Is this game better or World of Tanks?

both are shit but this one is arguably less shit

WOT is pure RNG.

WT is slavs that won't make the vehicles accurate because ((((()))))

That being said I left WOT in 2013 when I got into WT beta and never looked back. Make of it what you will.

If you want ultra arcade rng PW2 grindfest, WoT
Is you want less arcade RNG P2notgrind with a few NOT P2W vehicles (that you just flank anyway )))) WT

F-100 and MiG-19 when?

The worst premium vehicle in game is the panzerwerfer 42. Its rockets cant kill shit and its very expensive

When we get 2x back

If Gaijin introduced Tier 6 with say at least one tier 6 jet for every nation, but it worked like new nation trees in that you have to buy a pack (in this case would be some premium T5 jet and it unlocks tier 6 in all nations) to play the "closed beta", would you buy it?

F4E and MiG 21bis when?
if it had the F4E or MiG 21, yes

Why does the f-84 have an air spawn?

Nah, they're both fine. Learn to aim britnigger.

>giving shekels to goyjin

t. move fv4202 to 3.3 gajin pls

RELEASE THE RP REDUCTION
I WANT MY ZSU 57 2 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The American F-84 has garbage thrust to weight ratio and used to have trouble taking off from some airfields (being almost impossible to take off in it in the smallest runways), so Gaijin gave it an airspawn instead of the rocket-assisted takeoff system it had in real life (IRL it needed something like 3 km of runway to takeoff). The Italian F-84 has much better thrust to weight ratio but it keeps the airspawn because )))

thanks for the serious response

why does the P-47 have an airspawn?
why do the Ta-152s have an airspawn?

>the Russian will lie to your face, even when he know you know he's lying to your face
What did he mean by this?
Free (you) to anyone who remembers who said it. I think it was an American, during the Cold War.

>Ta-152
isnt it because its performance is shit between 0-10km ?

both are bomber interceptors
f84 couldnt actually take off from short aifields especially with rockets and such so they gave it an air spawn idk why the italian has too though because it can take off fine

I want my T-44, even though it's probably garbage

>Attacker FB
>engine is only good on the deck
>control surfaces lock up instantly
>Can't turn
>bad guns
>always uptiered
>always against planes with airspawns

I want to fucking kill myself

yet there is no middle ground in this game. they either start off from the runway and end up below everything or get an airspawn and end up above everything. airspawn should only be given to heavy fighters and twin engines

If you put it like this War Thunder seems more enjoyable. My biggest problem with WOrld of Tanks is the stupid premium ammo. I actually never felt like the premium vehicles in WoT were any stronger than normal ones.
Are there any tanks I should go for as a newbie ?

but that would require thinking)))) not our strong side tovarish))

Really depends on what you're after. Imo the game goes to shit once all the post war stuff comes about in tiers IV and V so I stick to tier III for most nations (Though I'm tier 5 Ger, Brit and Rus)
In regards to good premiums for each nation, I haven't played them all but I can recommend these:
>Germany
Premium panzer 4 if you're looking to have fun (tier III) and the Tiger II (H) Sla.16 if you're looking to grind and (maybe) have fun
>Russia
If you're looking to get anywhere on the Russian tree, nothing beats the absolute cancer of War Thunder that is the IS6, borderline impenetrable, 122mm gun with a fast as fuck reload on a stock crew and really fucking good mobility for a heavy tank
>Britain
I'll recommend the Australian Cruiser Tank MkIV thunderbolt for a good tier III romp, recently bought it myself and haven't had this much fun in ages. Other than that the Strv 81 is a good tank for grinding out the rest of the tree
>Japan
Chi-Nu II electric boogaloo is easily the best tier III Jap premium out there, good gun, mobility and turret traversal. Completely fuck all armour though

F-89 when
B-45 when
B-47 when

What did he mean by this?

Hurricane IID with littlejohn adapter when?

me on the right

never. would be too fun, tovarisch ))))))))

He's just a pedophile from another general.

>Can't turn
It's actually reasonably maneuverable in my experience
>bad guns
They're good guns, they're just placed in the worst configuration Supermarine got lazy and literally just took the wings off the Spitfeul and bolted them on the Attacker fuselage, that's why it has wing cannons

He is luring the latex/grind fetishes into a horrible trap.

Finally got all the warbonds out of the way. Which of the premiums should I get? Thinking either T14 or Brit D.520. Kinda want DB3 for the meme even though it's awful and I'd never play it.

What would happen to War Thunder if lootboxes end up being considered gambling?

Absolutely nothing. While there are “loot boxes” nobody knows about them and you always get more than you put in

There were some maps where you couldn't take off with a stock plane, especially if you spawned at the front of the group.

mfw the MiG-31 is the size of a B-17 and heavier

What exactly does Multi Streak imply? Seems to be some confusion about it

Trying to get the final T3 medal so I can get one of those sets of bush

-25/-31s are just big boned because the filthy slavs couldn't afford to make them out of titanium

When?

+10 GE

Name 1(one) general angrier that /wtg/

jumboniggers now all use bushes?

fuck those niggers

it is, you won't pen frontally of most thing you face

can you get discount coupon for he219? i seriously want to buy it but not at the cost it is right now

I'd also like to know even 30 percent off would be nice

When is the R2Y2 getting a ground spawn?

make me, you faggot

Never, like all jet bombers.

*your

Why is this even a premium? This really should have been put in a progression line.

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong thread the leather clubs two blocks down

It’s revenue sharing. Some autist modeled it on his own time

I wish the radar in air RB would display different icons for planes depending on whether they're below or above you

>Blenheim
what the fuck were they thinking

because some bored autist modeled it and did gayjin's job for them so them being jews took model, made it premium and are giving small % of sales to the author.
It would be the same with he 177 (that one autist on warthunder live made mission with fully finnished model) if gayjin hasn't announcjed they're making it.

reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/72sarx/the_complete_air_tech_tree_rework_new_brs/

>we live in an age where putting any amount of time, effort and passion into making things is considered "autism"
Sounds to me like you're mad jelly the guy has the skills and knowledge to make 3D models and get paid for it.

>Mucking about in the M24, as usual. Dropping smoke on damaged team-mates and on angles that they can't cover.

Someone sent me a message saying that I was a great team player.

That's.... unusual. Most of the time I suspect I'm blocking peoples view and stuff.

Anyway... is the M24 OP, or am I just imagining it?