pastebin.com/fZHW0a8b

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1X57UrBP6agjk1heiYS7fOzhK67TYDXAoTvRHOFwoabc/pub
If you see a problem, please reply to the OP with suggestions.

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

charactercompare.com/dark-souls-iii-best-weapon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are there any enemies in das3 that have no/little dark resistance?

I want to compare damage between 2 different builds but one is ng+3 and the other is ng+1

Serpents did nothing wrong

Sulyvahn was a qt. Qt!

Black K***hts

Is anyone here good enough at the game yet to make money from it?

He still is

Got a couple questions:
>invisibility
In DaS 2 I'd made several builds that utilised skin color, the illusory rings and sorcery to the point where I was ostensibly ~97% invisible in particular areas which allowed me to enjoy its slower gameplay by basically being some kind of assassin.

I was surprised to see that some of this stuff was left in DaS 3. What would be the best combination in terms of becoming [as invisible as possible]? Not talking about pretending to be ghosts.
>Aava
I've not played a lot of Dark Souls 3 because I want to finish everything I didn't do and I committed to killing Aava without getting that thing. With the 5.1 mix and my speakers EQ'd right, I'm now capable of fighting Aava solely based on sound. The problem is that I don't know what weapon to use exactly. I figured long range and started with my go-to Mastadon halberd but it isn't hitting the way I need it to. What's an ideal heavy hitter for this fight [maybe Smelter sword or some kind of spear?] - character is melee focused with a bit of faith on the side.

But for all we know, they didn't. I mean, everyone assumes it has to be Kaathe or Frampt that Chester is referring to.

Did they not see all those other serpents at the end?

>also Straid
This guy is not polite to the character. How am I to know he didn't somehow grow to a complete dragon and then somehow transcend into human form?

>also Oswald
What's he laughing about? Not saying he has anything to do with the Serpents but clearly this 'man' is hiding something. After seeing the statues of the bipedal primordials, I rule out nothing.

Not trying to be blunt or anything, I just feel like taking the word of someone who is already a shifty character that sells you overpriced stuff regarding serpents may not be so cut and dry.

>making money from a dead game series

So the question is friends.

Is the Dark Souls 2 and 3 DLC worth getting?

Keep in mind I don't like Dark Sousl 2 very much. and 3 was a disappointment.

Pontiff Knights, Fire Witches

If unironic 'eSports' Souls starts after all the shit I've seen happen where there are communities of non-Souls players playing Souls that'll ban you from a group for posting the HE'S BACK video I think that's full circle for me and I'm uninstalling/moving on from the series forever.

You should just buy SotFS for $10 since it comes with the DLCs. Why are you bothering playing the incomplete versions of these games anyway?

How? By participating in nonexistent tournaments that offer prize money? Or by offering coaching sessions that are easily supplanted by watching YouTube videos?

Souls is not a "competitive" game, and the people who try to pretend otherwise are just not good enough to play fighting games.

>vagina

it was the best part of das2 IMO.
The dlc for 3 was pretty good, the bosses were the best part. though.
There are a couple of fun new weapons but most of them are cancer.

Alright, I'll be doing a Valorheart + Follower's Javelin Trojan build next.

Dark Souls II DLC was literally (for the most part) "here's what you wanted to begin with", at least the first one was IIRC. Shulva was a very Oolacile like area in design and had some actual Dark Souls feeling to it. Second DLC, I experienced my first proper "elevator back to Firelink" moment, though I can't remember the context and if it was going to or from Brume Tower. Third one is lit. "6-1, 6-2, 6-3" and I had a lot of fun participating in Otdzy's redrunning concept there. As for the DLC for III, I've only played the first and it wasn't that great save for the guy behind Priscilla v2. I've heard the second is better.

post yfw playing dark souls 2

>ganksquad
>host constantly stops animating and then combos me for 80% across the map

HUUURRR DUUUUURRR

FUCKING GARBAGE NETCODE

That's one mental image I certainly never needed

I'm a pussy ass nigga if I use summons?
I've been ignoring online play on ds2 since I'm hollow 99% of the time.

While this is generally true, Scholar technically is "Dark Souls II: Master Quest" in a sense due to changes made to the base game regardless of whatever amount of material it has that completes it.

Having played both, some of the changes are extremely stupid in Scholar. A big one for me is the nonexistence of its Black Knight inverse/equivalent. Silent, stationary until attacked Heide Knights spread throughout the world were something that mirrored the "Black Nights that haunt Lordran" well. Now they're all just in Heide's Tower of Flame. Just one thing that bugs me.

My video is gone but I took this literally right as I got out of the store to piss off one guy in our Vent server.

A lot of my friends waited for the PC version, which is fine, except their logic had to do not with performance but money.

I don't think those guys had jobs in hindsight. I bought the PC version immediately as well and haven't touched this since.

Is stance useless on greatswords? It seems to have less range and I couldn't get through a CGS R1 with the R2 despite having okay poise.

its not, it probably the worst dlc released and has two good bosses and level design worse then the worst of base ds2 past the first area

Of course, CONTEXT is important: at the time, my feeling was "waiting is not acceptable". I was not cognisant of the disappointment and the destruction of the community that would come within the remainder of the year.

Curved greatswords have higher poise health and poise damage than greatswords, of course you're not going to win that one. You don't just throw stance attacks out of thin air, use them properly according to the situation.

>Heide Knights
Only one got removed though, not that the tree leaning one wasnt a great visual and a major loss to the game

I'm playing it for the first time now, and this is pretty close to any encounter I get in. Haven't even gotten to any of the bosses yet, I'm scared.

>tfw no qt twinbrother to heal you when you're down

Sword WA R2 can get through a greatsword without a gorillion poise. Greatsword WA R2 couldn't do the same to a 1H CGS, is slower and seems to have less range despite being a bigger weapon class.

It just seems shit.

Don't care what others think how you should play. If you're having fun summoning people then go ahead and summon.

>tfw when using my heal slut character to heal my brother while ganking

I only refuse summoning on my first playthrough. Summoning is fun.

Kill yourself you fuck

>that feeling when when using my heal slut character to heal my brother while ganking

Which one?

I liked Shulva a lot and it's home to what I still consider probably the most difficult boss - at least if you play melee characters with halberds like myself - in the whole series (disregard ganksquads when I mention any boss) with Sinh and had a really cool look to it all and even when you were descending and it didn't make much sense, you fought those drakebloods and the whole area felt akin to some man-made cavern. The aesthetics make it one of my favorite areas in any of the games.

Second DLC was okay.

Third I enjoyed for different reasons if that's what you're talking about.

Subjectivity/opinions either way. Was cool to see that they used unfinished material as a conceptual basis for something new.

I'll say the same thing I said in my Steam reviews though, which is that unlike Artorias of the Abyss, the DLC for DaS II was area driven, not boss driven. Whether you enjoyed the bosses or not was incidental. They focused more on that whole "world tells the story itself" concept more and it was more exciting to me than most of Dark Souls II until the ending where it starts to get interesting.

Oolacile is boss-driven. The area itself is not only partially one you've been to before with some changes, but past the Sanctuary, there's a lot of dark stone and rooftop and wood and more stone and rock and that's it. Sound design was good but the scream was too repetitive. Level design was about on par. I loved that DLC (I love Dark Souls way more than II) but for different reasons.

/pol/ here, who is this happy seeming merchant?

Is DeS fashion a thing, even with the limited armour sets?

huh, oh no i agree i adore the 2 dlc, i was refereeing to the last one for 3 as you said you didn't played it yet and heard it was good

Every new playthrough is the definition of relaxation.

what is the point of fashion if the game is dead

Is it just one? I don't remember the one in the Bastille being there in Scholar but if he is, nevermind.

It's good just to hear someone else felt the same thing I did. The 'ambush' is the dumbest thing ever in Scholar. You'd have to never have played a Souls game before and even then, you'd fall for it at most once. It makes the area easier once you know you can take them on individually and possibly get a foot soldier sword early as a deprived.

I didn't think the 100% weapon drop thing was a good idea and that you should have found them in chests or something but the lone Heide Knight in FoFG struck a chord. At first I thought he was an NPC. No interaction. No lock on. I never killed him on my first playthrough because there was something enigmatic about it.

It's just like the item descriptions. Some of them they changed are nice but some literally take what was already there and dumb it down with an additional paragraph.

Meanwhile, zero explanation or interest as to how Creighton is some kind of timelord.

>merchant

The fuck's your problem?

DeS has the worst fashion out of the series. Least amount of sets and the gendered clothing fucks it up even more.

Yeah Bastille one got moved to deeper on in but he's still there.

I love the game in spite of its major faults, but even then that initial visual of the knight was one of the few truly gorgeous moments the game had.

>It's just like the item descriptions. Some of them they changed are nice but some literally take what was already there and dumb it down with an additional paragraph.

yeah, honestly it feels like pandering to the everything must be connected crowd which kinda kicked away some of the games mysticism.

>Meanwhile, zero explanation or interest as to how Creighton is some kind of timelord
k, you lost me

DON'T would be my major suggestion.

Dark Souls II's strength lies in its co-op. That's really where I enjoyed it. I put at least 200 hours alone into waiting to be summoned around Cardinal Tower for Pursuer and used the souls to skip No-Man's Wharf when I got it on PC.

The most fun I ever had in terms of its PVP, which IMO is slow and absurd on a level I cannot even begin to describe, was using solely a Manikin Knife and my bare hand. Every element of it had been changed from something I knew as fast paced with actual builds to "HERE EVERYBODY GETS EVERYTHING WEEEEEEEEE oh by the way fastroll is out, farroll is in and iframes are now a stat".

Which is sort of why it succeeds as a co-op game. There are gratuitous amounts of healing items, extra weapons, tools, etc. to make the base game with your friends (or randoms) enjoyable. You're missing out by not summoning.

That's what I mean. People didn't even wonder about it.

I mean, yeah, it's an easter-egg or whatever. So is everything else you get that was in DaS II.

Lothia- I mean Creighton's stuff in Dark Souls III is REALLY descriptive compared something like the 'Mirrah set'. It's as if Miyazaki felt that story needed a canon ending (in Souls fashion, I'm going to assume it's still not black or white and that what appears bad is probably closer to good and vice/versa).

What makes him different than Alva was a character you merely heard about in Dark Souls II. Creighton *appears* in Dark Souls III when he invades you.

It's always been something I've wondered about. If his gear weren't so specific, I wouldn't think about it so much and instead just take it as a nod to the second game.

Meanwhile, Pate probably was (rightfully) killed by the immortal Patch the good luck.

>reddit spacing

leave

I'm pretty sure this is herecy

I don't visit that place so I have no idea what you mean.

Good day sir.

Pate sure has a smooth voice what a charismatic fella

OH okay. Thanks for letting me know. My friend and I were going to start it but I guess we'll just be going item hunting if it isn't that great. I've seen plenty of footage of the bosses from all these kids who probably started with the second or third game showing off their "MIDIR NG+5 [what? lol] BARE FIST* [dragon obv. lol] ONLY" videos and the bosses don't excite me too much or appear very difficult.

A man who did literally absolutely nothing wrong other than getting parried like a scrub

Help

You might be a little under-leveled for Belfry Luna.

Enjoy the gorgeous music

gael and demon princes are good but yeah, its meh

oh, so it was actually C8tn? i assumed that like Kirk he was another pretender to the mantle

get some fucking HP lad

what do I need?

adp and fast. or a better shield

ADP

See that stat called AGL? It should be 99

current par level?

Need more data for the best weapon poll.

charactercompare.com/dark-souls-iii-best-weapon/

>try pontiff's because I always invade elsewhere
>~50% cheater rate

Jesus christ.

>9 adp

are you trying to be a hero or something?

If you have a Soul Vessel you can go to Things Betwixt and restat your character

iktf
only way to counter a cheater is with cheat engine tho, infinite iframes and resurrection spell dont work against curse

>play in the cancer area
>encounter cancer
You deserve every curse death you got.

why is ADP so important?
what should be my stat distribution?

>resurrection spell
im retarded, i know

I kinda want giant brawls though, is crabville any better?

I gave up because fuck clicking 200 times
add some kind of key shortcut

I only found one on my current playthrough. It was in High Wall, a guy called "Fun Police" who cursed me to death. Must've been enjoying himself. I also had to unequip everything because the thing he was doing inflicted equipment breakage.

Because ADP raises your AGL.
AGL governs your iframes during roll.
With 99 AGL, you are mid rolling. You're basically worse than fat roll atm.

It's the single most important stat in the game until you have 105 AGL, then you never touch it again.

Fuck you faggot

Pontiff's is the cancer containment area. There's a reason most invaders turn off their ability to give a shit if they go there.

no idea tbqh fampai

DLC 1 village is good tho, lots of verticality and plenty of teams

What's your starting class

Oh, there WAS a key shortcut. It was prone to causing issues because you could do inputs too stupid-fast.

mid to low
Because ds2 had the legitimately great idea of tying iframes to a stat. However, ds2 did not bother fixing how hitboxes work during rolls. As a result, until you pay the ADP/ATT toll to raise you AGI, your rolls are going to be bad. And oh you SHALL feel bad

24 adp.
Fill the rest as you please.
I recommend getting another weapon, that sword has too high requirements for early game and is basically gimping you.

>tfw ADP is 9 and you're still doing fine regardless of your low AGL

Like others have said, your low ADP is making your rolls weak. It's recommended to have at least 92 Agility, with additional iframes granted at 96, 99 and 105 (which I'd argue is overkill).
Vigor is also a priority.
Try to keep your equipment load just below 50%. Between 50% and 70% you still midroll, but there's a stamina penalty.

Basically, rushing to hit the 1-handed requirements for the Drangleic Sword is what screwed you in the short term. If you don't want to respec, I recommend taking another path (Sinner's Rise, N64 Woods, The Well or Huntsman's Copse).

You can also not level up at all but that doesn't mean it's optimal.

>105 (which I'd argue is overkill).

105 is comfy as fuck and optimal for DLC bosses.

Not to digress too far though, I think that Heide Knight was what made me accept Dark Souls II on a whole. I felt for a moment, "hey, Solaire!" and then as you get closer that image fades away and when you reach him there's just....null (unless attacked).

To me, because Things Betwixt was never really proper, that knight was akin to Link, chasing after Skull Kid and falling into the hole. Among other things it let me get why Dark Souls II was so contorted and strange, even though I never saw anyone else make something of a Hyrule/Termina comparison despite the fact that you begin in some kind of limbo. Everything lined up from that point on. There were these really odd moments of psychological synergy where it'd feel like deja vu but there was something I couldn't quite express wrong. Without knowing the lore fully, in 2014 I felt like the whole thing was some sort of odd palindrome that took place on the other side of that painting, perhaps at a point in time that didn't have any impact on whatever point in time it was in Lordran or elsewhere. It was strange and almost slightly Lynchian yet not surprising when I saw the Dragon Shrine and other bits correspond to locations that seem to say "this was once that, somwhere, somehow". Good example would be finding Oswald's armor there, just as you did in Ariamis and the fake dragon.

It's funny. When I said that I felt it was gleefully obvious, everyone told me to fuck off, not unlike the idea of a flintlock/blunderbuss for Dark Souls III and was told "lelelel CALL of SOULS fuck you" shortly before BB was announced and then it was "ALL HAIL MIYAZAKI DUDE IS A GENIUS". Then years later I realise that (even if the person who pointed it out is a dick), YES, Aldia's theme does in fact share a motif that was expressed in the trailer for Ariandel...and what was obvious to me had to be validated by lore videos.

I think too much though. They do ultimately make it up as they go. IMG unrelated.

TL;DR that knight helped me accept Dark Souls II as some kind of different [world, account, something - insert here] and thus when things made no sense it didn't bother me as much. Perhaps a Kid A/Amnesiac analogy is more apt than a Hyrule/Termina one but this isn't /mu/ and I don't know if that'd make sense immediately.

>Try to keep your equipment load just below 50%. Between 50% and 70% you still midroll, but there's a stamina penalty.

I'd argue THAT is overkill. The penalty is so unnoticeable in PvE there is no reason to gimp your fashion like that.

I don't even bother to hit 99 until my SL is over 150. Not even melee-primary bearers need 105. More health, stamina, equip load or offense is a better investment of stats if you can dodge everything without 105.

Looks like keeping your shield up and circling around enemies for ages is back on the menu boys.
Is rolling really better than just keeping my shield up for ages?
Rolling at the start of the game felt so clunky I pretty much forgot about it.

>literally never died to priscilla
>can't do shit to her on this character
fuck me

In DaS3, if a summoned NPC phantom dies, will I be able to summon them again for a later boss battle, or are they gone for good like in DaS2?

I think it's a pretty good toss between things you should roll and things you should block

That's on you. There are people who do just fine with base agl.
It's agreed upon that optimal agl is 105. Because it costs almost no points to get there (32 adp if you have no att) and it makes the game fell better overall, I would never torture myself getting through horsefuck valley with less than fastroll iframes.