/mcg/ - Minecraft General -Effortless edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds! (penises)
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

[30 jun 2017] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download.
> imgur.com/a/NeywO

[14 may 2017] GoG update is finished
> mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

[02 jan 2017] Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, [YouTube] Silent Charset update.

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
> public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

Modding Tools & documentation
> mcforge.readthedocs.io
Curse downloader
> github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
Explaination of how do stuff for newfags
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
> serblist.com
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

Ideas & Inspiration
> mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
> elworrier.imgur.com/
> imgur.com/a/JPif9

Castlefag's map
> mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

Other urls found in this thread:

planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/18-vaders-alternative-block-pack---1000-youtube-subscriber-special/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm still wondering what to do in here

What would /mcg/ add?

inb4 memeversion
I played on 1.7.10 for almost 2 years and I want to give 1.12.2 a chance

What should I add or remove from my mods? Don't want RPG stuff.

Astral Sorcery, Minecolonies, C&B, the elucent mods, Immersive Engineering + Petroleum.
>Do me as well
I didn't know you were into that user...
>Thaumcraft
>Mek
>AE2
>MO
Looks like a non sense kitchen sink to me, what theme you want to follow or what do you think it's lacking?

>Astral Sorcery
It’s a neat mod, but damn. I have never had a mod give me so much grief with undocumented bullshit as this one.

That was my older modlist. Here's the updated one.

I'm going for a magic/tech synergy.

A fountain? shop under a tent? more crates in carpets?

>exposed wires and AE2 cables
This is the true sign of a patrician.

>memevers

It's a meme because it's good.

Forgot to say, this is meant to be a market. I just don't know how to set it up, and I can't go for the tents and stands because it's indoors.

Daily reminder that everyone who ever warned you that RF would be the death of power systems, and of modded Minecraft in general, were right.

Is there a mod that adds cobblestone wall but with wood planks texture?
I know that Quark adds Oak Bark Walls but i need planks

It's a meme because it's ded

>I can't go for the tents and stands because it's indoors.
pretty sure you still need stands even if they don't have roofs
you have conquest, that shit has tables and benches and also at least 20 different barrels and baskets filled with shit and hanging stuff as well as all kinds of jars and amphoras

What mods go well with Immersive Engineering?

Are you the stone towers with Pixel Pefection guy? If so I think Witchery, Tinker's Defense, Ye Gamol Chattels, Garden Stuff or BoP would fit pretty nicely.
I mean, yeah I will need tables and benches yet I'm not sure on how to set it up.

What was never alive cannot die, user.

No I'm not anyone well known. I just started playing not too long ago after a long hiatus.

more like
>all this fighting would be solved if minecraft's development wasn't a shitshow where every new version is less worth dealing with than the last.

won't happen. then jeb and dinnerbong might have to actually work and make something new, and neither of them is capable of doing that.

when I first got into modded years back, exposed cables/pipes was my thing. every base I had was this cramped, chaotic jungle of wires and tubes and whatnot.

I'm at the point where I'm burned out on tech mods since so many ended up clones of eachother all using the same shit (not that lolmajik mods are any more thrilling to me), but damn if I don't wish I could find a mod that was basically just the cables and pipes and shit from old buildcraft/ic2/etc so I could make those kinds of wonky "have to climb all over the works to get from place to place" bases again with the same sort of feel. no actual energy or moving of fluids (just maybe some kind of "hit it with a wrench to switch textures" widget), just those varying-sized narrow branching bits and pieces.

Haz azzy released anything not on patreon?

Carpenter's Blocks lets you make walls with any texture.

Remember to join Comfy serb
pack is listed on the serb list

I always considered Carpenter's Blocks as cheating but I think I will try that, thanks

>I always considered Carpenter's Blocks as cheating
the fuck

slopes are op, you should use stairs like everyone

slopes only look good in futuristic builds really

But Carpenter Blocks also adds stairs and other useful shit to build with...

Nani?

it kinda kills creativity and experimenting with vanilla blocks, just like decocraft and other furnitures mods

now I really want to make a mobile fortress
but I can't knock the feeling that something horrible would break in the long run

>Having more building options kills creativity
If you have way too much then yeah but it's honestly not the case. If you want to use vertical slabs, slopes or even just slabs/stairs from blocks that don't have them you use Carpenter Blocks or get a big "fuck you" by vanilla. If anything, the lack of building blocks and of options to variate with is what kills creativity.

>slopes are op
>stairs aren't
The next thing you are gonna tell me ladders are for casuals and water elevators are for cheaters and real man uses TNT cannons to get up?

How do I deal with these thaumcraft aura nodes that suck everything in range (including blocks) like a vicious black hole?
I keep dying to them when I explore.

Keep your goggles on, look for the signs, and steer fucking clear
If you have Horizons in, Vortex Attenuators are good. Otherwise, a 2 thick cube of something like obsidian around it if you're crazy/brave enough

>>GoG
Fuck no nigger. That's not comfy that's just stupid.

You should be able to notice small suction particles close to them, and the terrain should be a bit fucked up around them too.

don't get close to them. If you happen to have an Ender Pearl, it's the time to use it

>tfw you would love to use Chisel & Bits but need literally one furniture from decocraft that is impossible to make in C&B

Which one? Why can't you replicate it on C&B? How about using vanilla/other modded blocks and do the way our ancestors did replicating chairs, tvs, laptops and such using blocks, trapdoors and fences?

Fireplace, and I cant use vanilla fire, because of wooden house

Post pics

What resource pack do you use? I've only played Vanilla so far.

1.10+ has been out for 2 years now right? And there still aren't any mods that can compare in scope to 1.7.10 mods like Thaumcraft or Rotarycraft.

Why? Is there not as much money in it nowadays? Did all the non-retarded devs quit? 1.10 has nothing except for cosmetic stuff like C&B. Roots, Embers, and Astral Sorcery are empty as fuck.

Unity, plus some of my own stuff

Vader has a set of randomizing textures that I use.
planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/18-vaders-alternative-block-pack---1000-youtube-subscriber-special/
Freshens things up a bit.

I obsessively draw my own at 32x

That's really pretty, user! Is it for share?

Unity all day every day.
Pixel Perfection is nice too.

>tfw you;re the one who made the chair and physics infuser model
im happy with the chair but... i wish i knew how to fix that fucking darkened shit on the infuser...

Isabella or Pixel Perfection.
Looks nice, noy my style but I don't think it's bad. I wished it fitted Conquest style so I could use it.
What's that thing on the background,
it looks horrifying.

that spruce log is neato

That's pretty nice
I forced myself to stop using 32x packs because I have so many mods and especially mobs that would be too much trouble to adapt for

does anyone use clay soldiers mod on 1.7.10 or is there an alternative now?

Gallows? Or a Headsman's Block?

Post modlist

>Launch modpack
>Hear my fan going so fast it's about to burst off the computer
Sometimes I feel guilty for how shitty I treat my computer, she doesn't deserve this treatment.
I still use them, pretty fun desu.
>is there an alternative now?
Custom NPC faction fights.
Like I said earlier, I meant to make this a market yet I'm not too sure how to fill it.

Well, there's always:
>small stalls
>random assortment of crates and piles of stuff
>slave part of the market
>bomb site B
>fishmongers' quarter
>open air cafetaria/food court thing

Alright, /mcg/!
Let's get to work on that mod that'll add these guys in for 1.7.10! I know you can do it, let's make Mojang look bad!

Go right ahead

Anyone get random crashes on 1.10.2 (modded) without any errors in the log? My game closes at random.

jesus fuck jeb take a shower

>What happened next will shock you

Legitimately lol'd, do you think notch hired him because theyre brothers in autism?

I'ma dump more builds now K

>bomb site B
I like your way of thinking. Anyway, that's exactly what I needed, I think I'm going for
>fishmongers' quarter
>small stalls
>random assortment of crates and piles of stuff
I also need to fit a slave part somewhere.

>I'ma derp more bluirds now K
Kill urself faggot spammer

Am I too autistic to get the joke or are you two different posters.

I kid, it all me, samefaggling

W-well, there's no rush. Whenever you feel the need, go on ahead and make the mod. I'll...just do other things.

I can put it up somewhere if you want, where do people put texture packs nowadays?

you have no fucking idea, pic related.

It's a Maka, which is a passive mob from Lycanite's.

You could always Mediafire or Google Drive it.

git gud :^)

Does it has mod support? Anyway, try planetminecraft.

Holy fuck, I've been attack by the Psycho Steve from nowhere for the first time, I jumped from my chair.

how are you in a one block high space

Hey guys. I havent played Minecraft in forever so I downloaded it again today. Im currently using 1.12.2. What are some staple mods you guys use? Id like to change my skybox, get ambient lighting and change water and glass effects.

>nothin personell

in that case, use optifine and affinity skies resource pack, along with smooth transitions resource pack.

It has mod support for the mods I use most often and not everything is finished, but I can go ahead and upload if people want to see. That's several mods worth of texture packs in that screenshot.

Is TC + AE2 + Buildcraft + Forestry + IE too much?

>memevers

I don't care about versions, just want to play the mods.

I'm crawling in that picture with Smart Moving mod, you can crawl and swim through 1x1 passages.

oh neat, thanks!

Should I expand on this village?

if you want to

>can't see mod versions like that
You shouldn't need Binnie Patcher with the latest update for Binnies

I dont really like villages to begin with. If I can find one early, I build my starter house close by so I can snatch some veggies.

To me its too much work to make them comfy. And then its still a waste since I never really "live" in them.

How do you get crushed obsidian in the latest railcraft if the rock crusher isn't in yet?

Enjoy ur ded serb kiddo

I wanted to enjoy it tho

Railcraft on memeversions has been fucked six ways to sunday, they probably didn't think that far ahead because they were too busy wanking to how they'd greg'd everything
Just use craftweaker to add it to some crusher type machine or something.

It's the older version. Is the newer one better than the Patcher?

ill try :(

do they still spawn unblockable zombies
I just remembered those shitty invasions and I was planning to stuff some villagers into my base

It fixes what made the patcher necessary