/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Fan Translated Edition

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.0.1), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found.
wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>PS3
[Nov 24] PS3Xploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-Works on all fat models and early slims (Any PS3 made before 2011), super slims aren't supported yet, planning for "Henkaku" like exploit in 2018. Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/7G3tM5D.png

Other urls found in this thread:

pbmodz.com/index.php?topic=119.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If a rap file doesn't exist for a game in pkg format is it just deadweight until one is made?

Every thread until you get it right.

Are there any decent guides on how to mod a 3ds file for use in Citra? Everything I've found is for the actual 3ds.
The decrypted files I've gotten from Ziperto run fine with Citra, but can't be properly extracted for modding.

Didn't really do what I hoped it would do, was hoping it would have an internal description similar to Xbox 360. I don't know what "DLC #13" means.

What rap file are you looking for, hombre?

And not necessarily. Some games are activated in reActPSN by holding circle or L1.

Depends on the PKG. Not all need rap files.

Super Slim fucking when?!

Reactpsn can attempt to crack pkgs without a rap by holding L1+Triangle.

How do I spoof to 4.82 with psnpatch?

Wait, progress in the PS3 scene? What sorcery is this? This is the best early Christmas present ever!

its for blazblue central fiction, it had an invalid rap file so instead of the ps store popup it gets an error 800.... something.

How do I do react psn things? I only know you can run the "game" for react psn to use rap files in /exdata folder in usb.

5 hours

use sen enabler instead its easier

>set firmware spoof to 4.82
>disable cfw syscalls
>delete application history
>enable OFW mode

Q1 2018

Is this card any good? It's $7 on Amazon.

it's 1 burger on ebay. works fine if you cover the other side with electrical tape

Link?

How does one create a CONFIG file for PS2 games?

I mean, I know you need a hex editor but how can you know what to write in order to change things in a game?
I want to play Super Robot Wars OG Gaiden and the only issue in PS3 is the stutter in the title screen which I think can be fixed.

>planning for "Henkaku" like exploit in 2018
What's a Henkaku?

It says it is super imprtant to have my firmware at 4.82 but mine is on 4.81 and I don't wanna update it. Will it be ok? This is for ps3.

If I don't plan on playing games online, do I have to worry about getting ban on the PS3?

>As far as I know if you can't find the RAP on PSNStuff / PSNDL you'd have to get it from the game itself using the RIF, act.dat file and PS3's IDPS to create it.

You are fucked basically if reactpsn wont crack it.

It's trying to download something when I open the ps store for the first time with sen enabler. Is it harmful in any way?

Why you don't want to update?

Well that sucks, I found the commands for react and tried every one and nothing worked. Oh well

How do you check which Switch version you're on?

I'm getting very conflicting information here. Which version of SD2Vita is the most reliable?

System Settings > System

get version 3, white ink. not red ink. 8$ on ebay.

just search sd2vita

i dont have 8 bucks in my paypal account and im too paranoid to link my cc online

is this one any good

So does nobody have any idea what's causing this issue

Muh trophy syncing.

No, it's shit.
Don't ask questions if you don't intend to follow the advice you're given.

nigger

>Getting the white ink
The red one is the updated version afaik, why the fuck would you get the white one?

will my ps3 auto shutdown while transferring games on ftp

I have no save option in ohana3ds and when I import an image it doesn't update. What am I doing wrong?

Can it short circuit otherwise or why electrical tape?

it tends to not work without it

Anybody here happen to have played the MHXX translation? I installed the base game and then installed the v1.2 patched .cia but get an arm11 data abort every time I launch it.

Anybody share a similar issue?

Mine doesn't show it. Is it because it says System Update instead?

yes, once it sees an update it hides your version number. there's a menu you can use to wipe the update, but i forgot what it's called or how to use it.

>ps3 discussion getting a lot of traction recently due to new exploit

I recommend any ps3fag to play Dragon's Crown. It's a good game, online is still active and PS4 is about to get an enhanced port soon.

>online
so can I use PSN without getting banned?

Any way to get the temp on the main XMB?

been away from the vita scene for a while. So is it retroarch for PSX games and adrenaline for PSP nowadays?

adrenaline plays PS1 games also

>PS3 exploit finally released
>Its an exploit that lets PS3's that were already capable of piracy to get more piracy

Then whats the fucking point? Why are people making a big deal out of it?

Adrenaline for psp and ps1 games, retroarch is and has always been a shit meme for lazy retards who get triggered by actually having to set up their emulators, multiple icons on their desktop/homescreen and no fancy ui.

NEVER use retroarch.

It's free, easy, and you can do it on the latest FW

You don't need to spend 100-250 dolaroos on a E3 flasher to downgrade and then flash rebug, any cfw capable ps3 can now do it for free.

fucking idiot

Why should I update my cfw? I'm already banned from a long while ago btw.

Because people don't have to spend money do it anymore nor do they have to open up their PS3 to flash their shit?

>-Works on all fat models and early slims (Any PS3 made before 2011), super slims aren't supported yet
Fuck. Got all excited too

Its nothing groundbreaking or anything though. People who could do piracy can do piracy, people who cant still cant.

It'd be groundbreaking if it allowed piracy on models previously incapable of doing so before but the status quo remains and nothing really changed except giving people with a really really old PS3 that somehow never dabbled into CFW a chance to play some games.

I've had a PS3 that was possible to downgrade to 3.50 and it's been stuck on 3.60 for YEARS. I could have bought an E3 flasher, opened up the PS3 and successfully downgrade, but it seemed like a real pain in the dick compared to some other consoles I've opened up. I didn't want to spend the money and I didn't trust myself to do it properly. I had given up all hope of ever getting PS3 piracy, and this came out of fucking nowhere.

I literally just finished flashing Rebug about 5 minutes ago, and still have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm already pleased beyond words. I take it I need to install some kind of iso loader or download games in an installable format now?

It should be worded "All CFW capable PS3's" so no one gets excited about it.

Thanks. New adrenaline seems pretty simple now with the easy installer. Just downloaded Tactics Ogre and looking forward to playing it again.

Are you stupid? It is groundbreaking because it lets ANYONE downgrade and CFW their ps3 without having to open up their ps3 and paying for an expensive tool, it'd be like shitting on luma/cakes just because gateway pirated games 3 years before it.

And they're working on a exploit for the super slims which afaik can't be touched at all.

PS3 model no. CECH-2012A and haven't touched it in a year. Does any of this new shit work for me?

it was the wrong version but the other one is giving this error

>PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)
You're good to go.

>ANYONE

Anyone with a CFW capable PS3*
The amount of people with a non-CFW capable PS3 outnumber the people that have a fat and never dabbled into piracy or CFWs. It does nothing to break the status quo and since it doesnt break it, its more disappointing than anything.

Sure, its definitely an achievement and something to be celebrated but its real overhyped since it just does stuff previous tools could do.

That wouldn't change anything since most probably don't know what the CFW capable PS3s are. It would probably be worse because they'd go searching to see which are capable and then have their heart sink when they find out theirs isn't. At least with that statement, they find out they're fucked by the end of the sentence and don't have to waste their time.

There's always a chance to get banned. Most retards here who jumped on the new CFW exploit aren't even using anything to protect them when signing in to PSN on a CFW.

Some games are considered safe like the less popular ones (Dragon's Crown/Souls series). Some games have extra detection like GTA/CoD/Fifa games will scan your GAMES folder for the multiman directory and other homebrew stuff. With these games you usually get banned really fast, especially if you try cheats/hacks.

A temporary CFW on the Vita, for simple questions try Google.

Thanks. Is there a retard guide floating around or should I wait a bit first. Just wanna make sure I don't fuck anything up.

If the setting in Multiman, or on the XMB is turned on, yes.

freeshop for ps3 when

>tfw got banned after accidentally signing into my main account to sync trophies
This was years ago at the end of my ps3 life span. I usually hack or mod a console when I'm done with it. Had so many trophies from the 7 years of gaming. Over 80 games easily. And just like that it was taken away from me along with my account. Tried calling Sony multiple times and they wouldn't even tell me why I was banned either.
It's one of the reasons I never got a ps4 other than the fact that it had no games.

It still hurts and I'm still salty
I bet if I was some famous youtuber they'd unban me just like THAT

Can some PS3 veteran write up a quick guide on what I should do AFTER getting onto CFW? The pastebin was excellent and I am now on Rebug, but I am at a bit of a loss where to go from here. I think I'm supposed to download multiman, but I see a few different downloads, Stealth, Base and UPD and I have no idea what the difference is; this site doesn't seem to have a guide or FAQ section explaining this shit either.

It's called psn stuff nerd. Get with the times. Just downloaded SSX to test it.
Only downside is that it doesn't have games that aren't available PSN so some games you still gotta hunt for. Glad I still have my 1TB worth of ps3 games. I resisted the urge to delete them for years.

>The amount of people with a non-CFW capable PS3 outnumber the people that have a fat and never dabbled into piracy or CFWs.

That's objectively false. The PS3 was already at like ~60 million by the time the Super Slim was introduced and there are no numbers that suggest they sold more than ~20 million more after the Super Slim's introduction.

It's far more likely that people just have random fats and slims lying around that are able to be hacked. Knowing the average populace, they won't want to open up their shit to hack it, so even if the tools to do so existed before, having to open up their console is too intimidating for the normal person to try it. So having something easy like this is definitely ground breaking for them.

Remember, there will ALWAYS be people that don't want to do troublesome shit. There were even retards that kept buying Sky3DS even after free CFW was widely available because they just wanted to plug in and play rather than spend a couple hours downgrading and installing CFW.

where do you put the .rap at

Yeah I know it's something like that, but it's a full blown CFW or something like Homebrew Channel?

Nigga you fucken stupid. My launch slim was never cfw-able since it was always up to date, not free anyways. With this now i can get free games.

exdata folder on usb in the farthest right usb slot

Webmann.

There's no where to put on the ps3 hdd?

It's a sort of CFW, bit you can't update nor play online. You can pirate tho.

.rap files are useless on the ps3 hdd you put them into the usb so that reacpsn or psnpatch gets the .riff files from them

Just to make sure, you guys, I bought a pre-flashed ntrboot flashcart for my 2DS.

In the guide, does that mean I can start installing bootstrap directly?

Follow the guide. If you can read you can do anything!

how do you get 4.81 rebug online? I tried psnpatch but that doesn't spoof me to 4.82

I installed a PKG after transferring it over FTP. So I put the .rap on a USB, load ReAct, then will the game work?

Been trying to install Rebug 4.81.2 on my PS3, I used the recent NOR/NAND stuff,
I used the redthetrainer thingy so I tried installing Rebug through the update thing now it's giving me an error
"The data is corrupted. (8002F957)" help

Is it possible to change the resolution that PS1 games output at on the PS3? I have Rebug 4.81 if that helps.

I was waiting to buy an e3flasher and then this happened. I bought a CHECHE01 (fat, plays ps2 via software). Lots of hidden gems on ps3

So I successfully got onto Rebug and I just installed multiMAN from the pkg and it installed properly, but every time I try to run the program, it says it failed to install necessary data to the HDD and tells me to restart the program.

No follow this guide, pbmodz.com/index.php?topic=119.0

And before you ask no you don't need to reinstall the game

Thanks for the spoonfeed

I see in the PS3 guide the sites you have for getting games. I'd recommend adding pshaven.com and ps3iso.com for the ISO and psnstuff and ps3repack.net for PKG. Those are where I found most of my stuff anyways.

If you're looking for the rap file for Central Fiction, I'd recommend going to PS3Repack. They only have the EU version up, but they have a fix you can download which activates the game.

please spoonfeed me. I can't find new information regarding this on any forum through google I've tried

Can anyone help?

Are you on Ferrox/overflow?