Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything Etrian Odyssey (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z
Other undubs: pastebin.com/KxsDbkq8

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU (complete): a.doko.moe/ystmmt.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=plUNJAZzWH4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cuties' thread only.

I fell for the Alchemist in EO1 meme.

>he fell for the pre-EOU meme

Nene's thread.

It's not a meme. Speedrunners use poison to kill every boss in the game until they unlock Hexers.

>no /sqg/

>no /sqg/

youtube.com/watch?v=plUNJAZzWH4

literally samefag

Threadly reminder that Chain Fencer / 4 Kat / 4 Kat / Hawk Rover / Herald Shaman is the patrician's setup

>no /sqg/

>/sqg/ fags
>literally phoneposters

>I don't have an argument so I'll point out what device they're using

Chain Fencer sucks, 4 kat sucks.
There's no reason not to use pugilist as your damage dealer.

what is sqg?

pugilist is a meme class

It's the best class.

if you like memes

>Chain Fencer sucks
>There are brainlets in the thread that actually believe this
Show me your Turn 1 boss kill any time.

EO6 when?

who the fuck is going to proc chains in that retarded meme party? Rover + Shaman for a grand total of 2?

At the 25F and I'm wondering if I need to revise a character.

>Who the fuck is going to proc chains in that party?
You trigger them through Binding Force.
Chain Fencer uses Binding Force and Chain Killer, 4Kats both use Hell Slash, Rover uses your choice of Target Arrow for damage or Alluring Body for reliability, Shaman uses your choice of Rain of Ruin, Ruinous Prayer or an elemental Prayer against enemies that resist physical.

Target Arrow hits, rolls for bind. Sanzu triggers twice, rolls for bind twice. If a bind lands, Chain Killer triggers and rolls for bind, Sanzu triggers twice and rolls for bind twice more. If Chain Double triggers, Sanzu will trigger twice more and roll for bind twice more. Note that the Rover's pets will also attempt to use Binding Force to bind, and since they have capped LUC it's near guaranteed that they'll bind.

I realize it sounds insane, but just the Rover and her pets can almost guarantee all three binds through the chain reaction.

Sounds nice. I'll try that if I feel like playing NG+.

If you can somehow stall the boss for a turn (Aegis Shield can't be used because it prevents Binding Force from being cast), and spend a turn buffing up, you turn a potential Turn 1 kill into a massively overkill Turn 2 100% of the time.

>Read Fire Squirrel's bio for conditional drop hints.
>destroys my thread

sounds like you're in a BIND

Risu-san tachi wa saitei da

Upon reflection, I think that the optimal strategy actually sees you using an Earthlain Rover and tossing a Sleep Gas, and using Ruinous Prayer on your Shaman. Make absolutely certain that your Shaman moves before the Earthlain Rover or her pets.

As soon as Sleep Gas goes off, it should be an unstoppable avalanche of Chain Killer - > Sanzu - > Bind -> Chain Killer - > Sanzu until death.

ohayou ricky

Since about the 2nd stratum, this game has been an absolute chore to play. But I've kept forcing myself to slog through it, figuring that it had to open up and get interesting at some point.

I'm in the 6th stratum, I'm still waiting for that point.

I don't know who made this game, but I'd find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone who's worked on any of the past Etrian games was a major part of this one. Nothing feels right. At all. In any way.

Secondary skills are locked away, all but forcing you to Rest after unlocking your second name. Cartography tools are clunky and on a drag-out menu, all but ensuring that you never use them all. You'll put the ones you use most in the smallest space the box can take up, and expand only when absolutely necessary. The town, and I don't know if anyone else will get what I mean when I say this, feels stale and empty.

Even the battles feel completely off. It's like someone went "Oh, well these games are supposed to be hard, right?" and then ratcheted up the difficulty artificially, as though they had no actual understanding of any previous game. Instead of making enemies work together in interesting ways that you had to counter, everything just either hits super hard or afflicts you with an ailment, a bind, or both. I've hit the point in the 6th stratum where if I see the alien-walnut dudes, I'll just escape, since I don't feel like reviving half my party.

And then there are the bosses. The uninspired, completely bland bosses. The biggest 'strategy' in EOV so far has been 'overlevel the encounter' rather than 'figure out how to make your party succeed.' Obviously that hits its peak when you reach the 3 superbosses. Then it's just a matter of beating your head against a brick wall until the RNG rolls in your favor. Does Dryad heal five times? Did your binds and ailments actually stick for longer than two turns?

Shit earthling, you only got 5 INT.

dumb phoneposter

Harvester turn your entire party into puppets before you were fully set up?

Speaking of bosses? EOV has the least of all six (counting Persona Q) main titles. Ten. That's counting the 6th, the 3 superbosses, and Mamoswine. If you add Harvester, it's 11. In comparison, assuming the lists I checked weren't off:

PQ had 13.
EO1 had 18
EO2 had 16
EO3 had 28
EO4 had 36

And then there's the translation, which apparently was pulled off by a new group? Apparently one that felt the key thing Etrian titles were missing was nonstop swearing from everyone. Jarring, out of place, and inconsistent with previous titles. The voice acting is a personal preference thing, but I didn't think it was needed at all.

This is, without a doubt, the weakest entry into the series. Some spots feel almost as though they were made to try and needle you into buying the XP/Cash-boosting DLCs. You'll rarely have the scratch to buy more than one thing at a time, since Syrik price gouges everything after a point. Grinding for Tyrant can be tedious with mobs on the 5th stratum being a pain to deal with. And since there's barely any quests to keep you going between main activities, you're left with a lot of catching up to do. God help you if you want to level more than the 5 characters you started with.

I doubt I'll bother finishing at this point. 6th stratum is bland as hell design-wise. I don't feel like headbutting Dryad until the RNG curtsies at me. I'd rather go replay 3, to be honest. As many problems as that game had, its story was strong, its bosses were interesting, you actually had side areas and bosses to explore if you wanted to break from the critical path for awhile, and the subclassing led to lots of experimentation.

There's none of that here. Just a husk, painted to look like an Etrian game. Sent out to die. If they wanted to kill the franchise, this completely soulless entry was a good attempt.

You beat superbosses by overleveling and doing the recommended strats against them (bind leg for elephant, panci for dryad, etc). EOV really feels like a downplay from EO3 and 4. The classes are nice though.

Dumb pc poster.

>This pasta gain

How is it a downgrade? It’s better in every way.

Who knows. I'm being subjective here with my thoughts. Maybe its because none of the NPCs really stuck up to me aside from Jenetta. And there were no elemental dragons too which was pretty weird. The music seems lackluster too, even most of the boss ones.

>3rd stratum ghost enemies
>Sick of reviving people after combat so I just start running from them on sight
>Ghost posessed *Character*
>All 5 failed to run
>Wraith attacks ghost
>*Character has died*

>Wraith attacks ghost
>Kills character
??????????????????
How are your Wraiths dealing that much damage?
Anyway, you can instagib Ghosts with Union Skills.

I don't know man. The wraiths hit for like 40, but the guy that gets posessed takes 200+ damage. I know theres damage tiles all around, but I'm still nowhere near low health when I run into these fucks.

ded

nobody can find the thread without /sqg/ in the op

>not typing etrian
poor little retard

>typing etrian instead of etriam
another reason why nobody can find it

Breeding with dumb bunnies

>tfw Victory Fanfare over Eternal Tyrant

Bunnies eat their own poop

>EO3 had 28
>EO4 had 36
I still don't understand this bit

And elves are into watersports.

The guy checked "lists" which included all boss side-parts / phases / flunkies (ie. Warped Savior's claws) and counted all of them as bosses. Probably did the same for III, but here's the list of "Bosses" in IV:

>Dark Overseer
>Baboon King
>Healing Roller
>Raging Baboon
>Chameleon King
>Lizard Retainer
>Hraesvelgr
>Sand Leviathan
>Mega Pooka
>Berserker King
>Hollow Rambler
>Hollow Exile
>Hollow Guard
>Hollow Seer
>Hollow Queen
>Kibagami
>Boiling Lizard
>Scale
>Logre
>Guardian Head
>Cradle Guardian
>Cursed Prince
>Heavenbringer
>Bared Essence
>Destroyer Arm
>Illusion Arm
>Blizzard King
>Storm Emperor
>Great Dragon
>Iwaoropenelep
>Fallen One
>Insatiable Pupa
>Warped Savior
>Immoral Bud
>Conceited Bud
>Cowardice Claw
>Covetous Claw

Man, I really did love that boss fight against
>Scale
You could say that the difficulty was really scaling up!

what a retard

Yo udon't need both Double Punch and OTP.
Max Leading Blow and Overexertion. Depending on your preferences take some points off Corckscrew and OTP/Double Punch and put them into Thunder Fist.

You also pretty much never use Line Guard when you have Counter Guard. And I'd also take some points off Defense Form and put them into Dragonforce or some other Guard skills maybe. Since you have a Herald Shaman, and having two defense buffs AND a healer Botanist is an overkill.

You'd also hardly ever need split spirits above lvl 2, since your party's damage dealers should do way, way more damage than they have max health, so they'd get fully healed even at 30% lifeleech. So take all those extra points off of Split Spirits and put them into Aegis Prayer maybe. Or Benevolence. Actually put at least a single point into Gospel, Appease Spirits and Benevolence and you'd get a significant amount of passive healing.
Also, I didn't really have use for Dance Oracle in my party, but maybe it's better for a more elemental heavy party.

Now that I've beaten Eternal Tyrant, I'm free to use the dlc quest now, right?

Wrong.
It's only acceptable to use it to grind back to 99 after a retirement.

ded

nobody can find the thread without /sqg/ in the op

nobody wants to post with you here

my waifu > your waifu

unironically kill yourself already

Please stop giving attention to retarded samefag phoneposter and some shitty pasta from gamefags

chop em down

Shut up, dumb onahole poster

>dumb phoneposter
>posts onahole
>calling anyone dumb onaholeposter

Who cares what I post on, you dumb intlet

Happy merchant

Just one more touch to how retarded you are

>mfw this dumb fuck keeps replying

Now you'll have to post some dumb bun watersports pics.

No

Maybe Im expected too much but I feel like the labyrinth itself is kinda boring now? I remember EO1-2-3 being interesting but it just feels formulaic now, I can see the shortcuts from the stairs half the time and know exactly whats coming for the most part (a FOE puzzle, a dead end with some crap, a dopey adventure episode in the middle of a 3x3 room with no other purpose)

Am I remembering the older games wrong

The games are pretty much the same, you're just getting burned out on dungeon crawling.

wall flowers were a mistake

Possession deals like fourr times it's normal damage to ailing targets.

dragoon/shaman
warlock/warlock/warlock

high TEC post

EOV is fairly streamlined - not to mention it has tons of massively huge rooms that have little value.
Especially in the 4th Stratum FOE puzzle rooms are often twice the size they need to be, leaving a lot of useless tiles.
Which contributes to EOV being fairly short.

t. one of those crybabies who whines about his shitty party being permanently decimated by random encounters
>in the 4th Stratum FOE puzzle rooms are often twice the size they need to be
No they are not

>Shitty party losing to random encounters
>Literally three characters that instagib random encounters
?????????????

Probably wouldn't work on high AGI enemies, but you do you.

>No they are not

Just look at that mess - a 5x4 room that has a single teleport crystal in it (and there is an even larger room of the same kind on the level before that).
It brings you over to a 4x4 room with a 5x5 room attached to it - but the bottom three rows of the 5x5 portion are completely useless.
The most northern room is essentially another 7x6 room that only has a crystal in it and the room with the stairs is another massive waste of space.

>every single tile on the map must be filled with CONTENT
user, you might suffer autism.

it makes it better that you though
although this is still preferable to maps that only fill half the grid

Not every tile but the amount of wasted space in EOV is staggering.
It's like we have 3 floors per stratum and the rest is either outright not accessible or massive empty rooms.

It bugged the hell out of me that there was no secret area on that floor. What a waste.

Its the first floor of the stratum, they're always short

Multiple direction teleport crystals require 4x4 space at least so they function properly, the only actual useless space is 4 leftmost tiles added just because mapmakers are autistic and require 1 empty square gap at any time. Bottom tiles in the second room may be required for worm kiting, i have no idea as i think i just murdered it for mats. Every single boss room is fancy and suppounding important stairs with pure cosmetic tiles is not new (see the entrance to stratum 6 in EOU)

>Bottom tiles in the second room may be required for worm kiting, i have no idea as i think i just murdered it for mats.
Worms only react to the sound of you fighting or smashing the crystals. The crystals are up north in the room.
There is no reason to ever step on the tiles in the south other than opening the door and seeing that you are not geting through this way (unless you murder the FOEs).

It seems dogs sitting in large rooms with only a few relevant tiles is a theme or something.

>These people complaining about EOV being too short
Are you saying that the problem with it is that you want more of it?

Middle right room doesn't have useless tiles other than the right wall just after the door

please, somebody explain that background