/d2g/ - Dota 2 General

Bounty Hunter Edition

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor patch: dota2.com/news/updates/ (7.07c)
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
New players (League refugee edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator:dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/interactivemap/

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Previous:

anime

How do I get better at this shitty game?

first for forced memes like feed me dotards and I want to plug her butt

>tfw no futa hero

see dotard? don't make a thread and you risk some literal faggot making it instead. look what you've let happen. next time, don't delay!

How does placement matches work? Because I won 8 out of 10 matches and only placed Legend 1

better than the
>PREVIOUS ON /D2G/
op faggot

Is the summary report the same as behaviour score? Will my score increase if i play unranked for 25 matches without getting reported?

blog update
>mega creeps
>3 enemies dead
>78 minutes in
>team decides to rosh
calibration is really something

unga bunga ME JUNGA!

Sorry. Was busy.

UMM DOTARDS!?

where can i find non-retarded dota 2 players?

right next to sc2 players.

fags btfo

>1-5 calibration games
>people insta locking cores just to end with the farm of a support
>shit excuses like "how am i supposed to lane solo" when you give them a 5 minute zoning start on the offlane

JUST
OLD
RANKED

No, behavior score takes a long time to improve.
Yes. Also works in low prio iirc since you can't be reported

pls post your dota froggy mans

dot2a

*notices bulge*
what is this? OωO

see

>Play all my calibration games in 7 hours
>Legend 4, Super happy.
>Legend 4 = 3.9k
>MFW

These medals are shit, who the fuck can be proud of being a legend 4 when the people in this bracket still cant last hit properly.

>when your suppport WW ults the enemy Sven at 100 health who's about to die to your right click
>Sven just gets healed by Guardian greaves because his Zeus teammate does 0 right click damage
>lose because Svens Echo Sabre is off cooldown with Rapier

and that's how I lost a 1 hour game as medusa
/blog

Hello dotards. How much does a commend count against a report?

I played on a smurf account given that it's a new patch. A lot of things have changed and I wanted to practise. After about fifty matches I've got 106 commends on a 70% winrate. I've been reported a grand total of 7 times. My last account summary showed up as ':|' and games have been trash since.

Does the word of 7 people really go against 106 people? Why am I being shadowpooled into games where a pudge 'roamer' is instalocked with a jungler and neither of them buy any support items?

I don't know what the fuck I've done wrong. Every report was from autist eastern european. Is that really enough to throw my account into the shadow realm?

I stopped reading at shadow realm.

thanks for the meal dotards

In fairness if the enemy team winds up committing two-three people to your safelane all of a sudden and no one gives your core a lane swap while he's still trying to grab his core items like for instance a battlefury then yeah i can see why he'd be getting fucked.

Dotards where do I go to find players to play unranked pubs with? I'm legitimately sick of playing with apathetic shit stains who just do whatever and throw games

Veeky Forums chat channel retard

Do people actually try to win, though? Last time I tried it was just circlejerk memestacks that were all like 1-2k players. I've even tried that leddit board for dota pub recruitment but it's not any better.

If bristle just had his quills cooldown to 2.75 he'd be good again. It just feels like forever to build stacks and with CK, Axe and Legion fucking him up hard he just keeps dying so fast.

>shrines
>runes
>talents
>stupid meme tier chars and char changes
>nerfed roaming
>turbo

Shoutouts to casualized garbage trying to get people who don't want to play the game in the first place. and no picking one of two things isn't fucking depth you autistic retards

How do you get in?

don't play with Veeky Forums chat, i repeat DO NOT play with them. They just abandon or you get paired with a tryhard 5-stack only to get stomped so hard. I met with some good people there though
join user-generated Veeky Forums channel

How do I know how many rank points I get for a win ?

*licks her clean*

Pick me

>blocks your path

>shrines
I'm not a huge fan of these but I suppose they enable teams to be more active in the early game. They do fall off over time and are practically sitting right next to towers you'd be able to teleport to anyways. I'm not sure if I'd consider this to be casualisation as opposed to simply upping the pace of the game. People generally know not to fight near shrines anyways. Just like how you wouldn't fight during night against a Lycan.

>runes
Runes have to my knowledge been part of the game for a very long time. As far back as 6.09. They're just another form of RNG in a game quite filled with it. I mean you have bash procs, crits. A PA can literally throw a dagger at you, do 1200 damage, pounce onto you, bash on her first hit, and then proceed to crit you again with the next hit. And the fights over. I don't think they really stand out and there is indeed ways to purge off their effects in any case. I think they just add another point of contest to the game. Things to fight over. Bounty runes in particular add conflict in the early game where there wasn't before.
>Talents
It's going to take a very long time before this shit is in any decent shape. I think a lot of shit on it is clowny like spirit breaker's charge speed and I feel as though there's a lot of things that are just straight up better than other things. Like 90 gpm vs 40% exp on Tusk. I don't think it really casualises things, it just adds more flavour to the game as opposed to levelling stats. It gives more incentive to hit higher levels to get particular power spikes.
>stupid meme tier chars and char changes
I don't see how the two new characters are 'meme tier'. Dark Willow is a pos 4 and Pangolier is a Pos 3.
>nerfed roaming
Bounty runes encourage roaming to exist. There's simply more pressure on the laning phase now due to the increase in EXP.
>turbo
Just avoid it. If it encouages retards from joining dota matches and saying TRAXEX MID GG GOGO 15M I G2G then GOOD.

>Mjollnir active is good
>t. the holy caliphate of d2g

>don't play with Veeky Forums chat, i repeat DO NOT play with them

How do I find people to play with then ;;

I'm getting sick and tired of playing with pubs and just instantly losing because I'm unfortunate enough to get matched with 4 braindead gypsies against a coordinated group of randoms that prompty proceed to shit stomp us cause none of my team mates know what they're doing.

I'm not oogabooga posting or anything by the way. I know I can make mistakes or whatever but these people honestly do not have a single clue what they're doing and when I see they have 5000 hours recorded it's just like HOW.

>procs twice while 20 phantom lancer clones are hitting you, doing a total of 240 damage

HAHAHAHAHA

Active? Dear god, user, what is wrong with you?

why do faggots in 4k mmr refuse to buyback in time?
> win teamfight
> get their mid and bot rax
> they respawn and we retreat
> a few mins later drow gets picked off and killed
> he has buyback ready
> their team is hitting out t3 while drow is still dead for 30 secs
> we tell him to buyback
> teamfight starts
> we all die
> drow buysback
> gets killed 5v1
> we lose
2 games later, the exact same thing happens, this time with carry luna
there has to be a few 4k mmr shitcunts here. tell me, why the fuck do you take so long to buyback? what are you waiting for? do you really need to save that extra 20 gold?

If the magical passive is really what you're after why wouldn't you just pick up something that actually scales like cleave?

why would you fight without the drow buying back? you just turned a lost rax into a lost game

>buy a mjollnir to 'counter' PL
MOM'S GONNA FREAK

They're being greedy and are willing to let racks drop if it saves them gold for their items. A lot of cores who farm poorly wind up with a lot less gold than they should have and thus they become greedy with it.

When they should be sitting on 6000 gold. They're sitting on 3400 and just HAVE to buy that desolator.

>10 min queue

is nobody playing this game or something? is ranked dead?

>mfw my friend excitedly tells me that he calibrated at Guardian 2
>look it up and it turns out that's a flat 1000 MMR

He just thinks he's good now because he isn't Herald. How do I break it to him?

What damage type does cleave do to targets around whoever you're hitting

What could I have done to salvage this game?

I was Phantom Assassin

im arguing mjollnir is a shit item you fucking brainlet

>Play a stretch of 10 unranked matches in the evening
>Get the same pool of 20 people in VHS bracket the entire time and just take turns losing based on what team got the brain donors

>finally decide to do ranked
>my team is still insta locking sniper, spectre, and lc
>Get destroyed by coordinated 5 man crusaders and up

>he doesn't play turbo
LMAO

hit buildings

I'm agreeing with you though. How could you not tell that? You should save the brainlet comments from now on, user. I'm getting a wave of second hand embarrassment here.

yeah, it's just so hard to actually get at towers in a game like that. I tried to splitpush but storm spirit was not having it

well we told that idiot to buyback so we expected that we would fight with him. 5s later they jumped us and we counterinitiated. our tide got 5 man ravage, then drow bought back. by the time she arrived, 2 people were dead, and the other 2 were about to die.
the same story with luna except we didnt have a tide, and everyone died by the time she arrived

>How do I break it to him?
In the cruelest manner possible.

>/v/-tier underage answer of MOMS GONNA FREAK
>surprised when adults have no idea what you are trying to say

this is who you post with, /d2g/.

90% is the drow/lunas fault, but you should just stay way further back and sacrifice the rax if your carry refuses to buyback

just going by the dotabuff lanes won/lost you guys did well enough and shouldn't even have broken out of the laning phase until you got your mid/bot T1s - which should have been a joke given your heroes yet you barely ever even touched a building.

>I'm adult because I'm out of touch with internet culture and autistic to boot

Okay user. Got me there. You won the maturity award.

such is life for 4k peasants like me

it says "won" but we were constantly getting ganked by 3-4 heroes and pudge would waddle by just to die to every single NS gank

>Play Turbo
>Game is over before you know it
kinda boring desu

convenient for farming out your first 25 games on a smurf, though.

turbo is way too fast, and with nudota there's not much of a point

if I post my match id will I get bullied if I want it to be criticized

maybe, depends on how shit you performed

Uhh, so when do BeanBoys play again dotards?

Drow players are almost always massive feeding retards. Her, Sniper and LC should always be considered for bans to keep teammates from picking them.

usually people who insta lock agi cores is a sign of a retard.

literally who

I got Archon 4 in my calibration...

>get foreigners on my team
>lose to foreigners
>win early game
>get shit on 50 minutes into the game because my team forgets they're mudcake-eating foreigners.

Really glad that Valve hasn't regionlocked the game. Why give me the option to select the region I want to play in and not actually put the same people in my Queue? Why put braindead spics on my team? Can't take this game seriously when foreigners get to play on servers that aren't theirs.

why you pray dis game when better game exist?

our guy, the beaver knight, Sing "Divine 5" Sing team

At least you're not a herald.

Elder Titan could've looked like this..

is that earthshaker

Legion Commander could have looked like this.

Hundreds if not thousands of dotards have complained about and nothing has changed , must be a sign

too bad , league is soo straightforward that 90% you doesn't even need words but that shit just doesn't work here

What game?

it's Earthshakers dominant top BF

don't you want an enjoyable open-world experience user-kun?

Treant Protector could have looked like this

Not retard per se. Agility carries are the only kind of hero that the average player can use.

I wish Legion Commander was an elf-hating rider again.

Tinker

ARCANA IT

Bane

wow he looks amazing

aha~ >.< pwease pway my bideo bame ugu~~~~~ c(^-^c)