/hg/ - Halo General

#375 - The Plot Thickens edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>Halo 5: Guardians has received a major weapons tuning update that radically changes up the gameplay. This update has gone into effect in all arena playlists, warzone playlists, and even custom games.
For a full list of changes, see the link here: halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/weapon-tuning-update

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/thanks-beats-everything

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>SPV3, the Halo CE fan remix project, can be downloaded for free
youtube.com/watch?v=VOMzNMe8qHE

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iTxDUv-r074
youtu.be/nEun9I2VfP0
dexerto.com/news/another-high-profile-halo-pro-player-threatens-quit-im-tired-not-heard/39540
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>25 threads to #400
Hold me, /hg/!

>Hold me, /hg/!
K

>Destiny 2
Damn, just look at how far Bungie has fallen.

>tfw you knew even before it was announced that you were never going to buy it
>all those /hg/ anons in chat trying to tell me it's not that bad
I was right all along. I was fucking right.

Chiefception

Who even was defending Destiny 2?

3babbies, though a lot of them have turned on it (even though they still play it)

Which version of the main theme is best?

Still the original, which is ironic because you would think one of the various later versions which are more properly orchestrated would come across as better sounding, but something about the slightly synthesized original, particularly with the deep strings, just feels more "epic". I think the more jungle-esq drumbeats also assist in creating an interesting atmosphere that really only CE pulls off that showcases that despite the game takes place in the future, it still has this feeling of chaotic and primitive danger.

can someone link the discord? kinda wanna start getting involved with shenanigans and what not

Message Sigmund82, THE ONE BIG RED, or xBackup Beastx and they'll send you an invite

on xbl rite?

Yes.
Keep in mind though that the discord is a cancer containment dump. It's not like that will get you better acquainted with /hg/. Only playing with /hg/ will.

You'll have shenanigans but goodluck getting /hg/ to play halo together for more than one match

We play all the time for multiple matches

so n-no custom game nights in halo 3 ala 2007??

We have custom nights, but generally when we play crazy customs like the ones you're thinking of, we do them in Halo 5 since its better for that stuff. If we play older Halos we generally just play normal game modes.
I'm not saying it's impossible to get Halo 3 fat kid/jenga or what not going on here, but you generally have to put more effort into organizing it.

Use the thread for organizing Halo events.
The discord is for non-halo shitposting. Most of the stuff is either political or anime. The rest of it is just fucking wierd.

>Which version of the main theme is best?
CE > 3 > CEA > 5 > 2 > 2A

CE is just too iconic to be topped, but I have a lot of respect for the 3 version because it's really the only one that isn't trying to outdo the original with unnecessary extra fluff. It ditched the guitar riffing and went back to what worked, so if someone said that was their favorite version, I'd accept that and understand. I know some people like "The Trials" but it's still a little too overly bombastic for me. I would rather future games do what 4 did and have a new theme rather than do what 2 did and butcher the classic one. And holy hell 2A just took it to a whole other level of screeching autism.

>And holy hell 2A just took it to a whole other level of screeching autism.
The entire 2A soundtrack has that problem. It takes every track from the original and redoes them to make them sound "bigger", which sometimes is ok but most of the time ends up killing the intended atmosphere and delivery. There's times where I've been playing Halo 2 Anniversary where I have actually had to pause the game and turn down the volume on my TV because the music is too fucking loud.

Hey there spartan :)

That's Spartan (male) to you!

But seriously though

>glonk glonk glonk

the virgin chief

THE CHAD DIDACT

Didact: "You need a teacher! I can teach you the ways of the force!"
Chief: "...the force"

to whomever is making the hg anime intro i need my color changed to the bottom right dark green because people confused me with adjacent bias in the previews.
so i hope to clear things up with a color change also my armor set is still locke's.

>tfw no Halo 5: Master Chief & Friends Superstars Adventures in Dreamland

The intro is done. It was going to be extended but the original project got corrupted. Nothing can be edited

damn well ok then, hope it comes out great, and thanks for doing it in the first place.

I didn't do it. Neirn did. But yeah he did a pretty great job.

If you like Halo 5, that's great.

I quit Halo 5 a long time ago. Campaign was terrible like Halo 2, mm is good when you get a decent connection, req packs are Halo 5's loot boxes, I don't like them. Too many similar armour and helmet variants, no real emblem creation, far too many blue, red, green and yellow visors.

There's a lack of blood, everything is too shiny and new looking. The customization is a joke, there are too many forged maps, there are no playable elites, no splitscreen, not enough John 117 missions and I could go on forever.

Not the best Halo but definitively the worst halo imfo.

Okay

>Campaign was terrible like Halo 2
So your opinions are shit, gotcha.

Good for you.

You're doing it wrong, user

These are the proper ways to respond to a post like that

Excellent post

>there are no playable elites
36th post best post

This is bullshit.
Jul won the popular vote!

He might not be able to edit the existing intro any more but he could continue where it cuts off. I say do it, it was great

Fuck off, Lemmings.

Snek and eagle we're way fucking better.

3 > 1 > 2 > 4
But only for those logos. Let's not get into actual game rankings.

I'm not sure how I feel about 3 being all rusty

HEX

AAAAAHHHH

Beautiful...

>a friend just bought me HaaH WaaW 2: complete edition as a gift
Nice.

WHERE CAN I SUBSCRIBE, MY MAN???

there's literally nothing wrong with hexagons

Dumb frogposter

Dumb anonposter

Dumb dumbposters.

You know he's expecting a blowjob in return right?

>post yfw the arbiter's VA is the same VA as Sgt. Foley in COD:MW2 and the president of the United States in rick and morty

To be fair...

>he watches rick and morty

That purple OC hedgehog is OP

This is my favorite /hg/ meme pic

who is that? some no name lol?

That's mean, user

He’s supposed to be in his super form while everyone else is in their regular form.

The intro is done my dude
youtu.be/iTxDUv-r074
I won't be accepting more armor combos or colors until OP 2

Fucking tippest toppest kekarekaroonie

He's been in alot of stuff

Oh fuck. I just realized he's flying

youtu.be/nEun9I2VfP0

>he doesn't

>he plays Halo

if you are good at halo 3 and would like to play sometime please add me. my gamertag is iieu

>tfw got 20 adds in one day simply playing and 0 adds over the course of weeks posting in these threads

I'll add you

But what about Dustin Echoes?

Literally who

It's a 343 meme don't sweat it

It's literally not

You guys taking advantage of these AWESOME cyber monday deals?

>tfw that game probably has more substance and is more fun than all of the AAA titles out right now

fucking cat looks like Adam Driver

And this one?..

dexerto.com/news/another-high-profile-halo-pro-player-threatens-quit-im-tired-not-heard/39540

It's over bros...

>master chief, what are you doing aboard that ship?

I haven't played Halo since Combat Evolved came out.
Do I go the Xbone route and get MCC or...?

Yes

What an entitled prick.

As if because he plays Halo competitively he should get some say in its development. That's ridiculous. And then he pretends like he can use his platform to threaten 343. Newsflash, brah, nobody cares about competitive halo. You don't have a voice to blackmail with. I hope he does leave.

fuck you