/tekgen/ - Tekken General

/fgg/ pls go back to /fgg/ edition
Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14492235
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for SALT

strawpoll.me/14492235
strawpoll.me/14492235
strawpoll.me/14492235

Well?

>speedkick in full damage control mode
>deletes the tweet
>makes a fucking youtube video

He's mad as fuck lol he can't go back now salty as fuck

speedkicks is to intelligent to engage in an argument with some literal nobody european youtuber

>>deletes the tweet
If this is true he already lost the battle

He hasn't been mad the entire time. A retard said something retarded and encouraged blaming the game rather than yourself, a literal loser mentality, to his very impressionable fanbase. Speedkicks responded with "Or just learn the game, everything you need to learn it is there." Considering this is also a guy who has been playing the game a fraction of the time TMM has and proved you can overcome the legacy requirement in Tekken he speaks from experience that this game isn't "impossible for beginners with characters you just won't beat" like TMM is claiming. Literally he is just complaining like he always fucking does because he wants his execution to trump everything else in the game.

>speedcucks channel: 800 subs
>TheMainGodEWGF: 46k subs

whatssupp guize, hhop yuu're all doing wel

I'm a character crisis need help. Who should I play if I'm a scrub with a peanut brain and don't want to play a CH fishing character? I don't wanna play Paul anymore because I hate how shit some of his tools are outside of his two meme moves.

>speedkicks
>top 3 us player
>maincuckswe
>literally too bad to even attend eu majors

Hello I'm /fgg/ and I hate tekken.
No tutorial seems to be the meme of the moment so I'll use that to bash on tekken

I know, I was being sarcastic. TMM is a fucking hack.

never thought I'd end up defending themaincuck lol but here we go

themainmeme brings up a lot of good points did you even watch his video? lol you speedcuck fanboys need to chill down and listen to the points he brings up im not gonna point em out for you cuz their right in the video
mainmeme is married and with kids why the fuck would he give up his comfy streaming lifestyle to travel and gain nothing? theres not much money in tekken tourneys my man he makes a lot more bucks streaming and thats what matters especially as you get older

Learn spacing and poking first

>because I hate how shit some of his tools are outside of his two meme moves
he actually has insanely good tools outside of df/dm
ss3 is great
ff4 is great
qcb4 is on the same level as backlash and everything else he can do out of snake dash and backsway is all amazing
ff2 with followups is a thing in itself. nobody below high orange knows how to deal with it and most of the time people won't even bother because the reward isn't worth the effort
and his df1 might be the best in the game considering the followups

Well fuck I anin't letting my comments die

I dunno nigger Moba's have fuck huge audiences but the skill gap between an above average player (who's spent hundreds of hours) and actual pro is so fucking huge pros could literally have one team memeber not doing anything and still win.

Hell I'd even argue dota2's tutorial is actually good it even teaches you shit like ward placement and counter building. I mean sure irrelevant because pros counter counter counter pic and place each other but still. Anyone listening will wreck the CPUs. The same cannot be said for Tekken.

But people who want a tutorial are objectively correct. Plus Aris is pro tutorial so that pretty much wins the meme war for pro-tutorial side.

>im not gonna point em out for you
Then what's the point of your post?

Aris himself said "it's too late now for tutorials, the ship has sailed", word for word.

TTT2 had a tutorial and that game almost killed the series by how unpopular it was.

Paul is A tier bruh if you think his tools are shit you're going to think the same thing about 80% of the roster

He's still on the "throw out powerful move and hope it connects" level.
Players like that need to learn how to poke, punish, and move or else they won't understand the game and leave

>themainmeme brings up a lot of good points
No he really doesn't. "X character is hard to deal with unless you know what they are doing." No shit, that's EVERY character just some more so than others. This is something inherent to fighting games and competitive games in general because you need radically different fighting styles in order to make the roster diverse. Sure some characters end up more difficult against newbies that's going to happen no matter what. The extreme opposite is SFV which dumbed down character archetypes and core mechanics in the game for accessibility, but all it did was alienate pros and those same people who wanted a game that's easier to get into still didn't stick with the game anyways. Currently SFV banks on it's name and legacy but it's struggling compared to the previous entry in the series and because the culture built around it is how several pros make their living. You don't pander to the casual or else you will end up dumbing your game down.

As for his stupid shit about tutorials what the fuck is the game gonna do? Do you honestly think they can spend 5 minutes telling you what crushes in the game are and you will suddenly never lose to Eddy? There is no easy answer other than sitting through hours of videos and practicing, that's just what the game is. The game is complex so there's no instant gratification, you have to put time in to get anywhere. Tutorials will accomplish fucking nothing especially because the people who complain wouldn't watch them.
>lol you speedcuck fanboys need to chill
I don't like Speedkicks at all. I think he is extremely overrated, doesn't properly think the game strategy through, and is very poor at adapting mid match.
>mainmeme is married and with kids why the fuck would he give up his comfy streaming lifestyle to travel and gain nothing?
That's not why he stopped, he never got any considerable results and was wasting his time. Stop talking him up like he's even a top 10 player in EU.

>people defending the lack of tutorials

Who is a good character for that?

He's a phenomenal character don't get me wrong but he's just not my playstyle and I'm still learning the game. Also I just hate his lack of a get off me move, I try to do some spacing but get frustrated because I have no move that can get me a little breathing room.

I'm currently trying Gigas but his tools are really frustrating because of how incredibly unsafe and slow everything is. He has like a single digit number of moves that are plus.

Why do you get so little reward for chickening a reversal?

>Who is a good character for that?
Shaheen, Kazumi, and Katarina ( if you promise to yourself to never do her db4 ) are great beginner characters that'll teach you the game.

df1 is key to poking

I only played SFV on launch since someone I knew copped it. Aside from being hot garbage on launch with the lack of content, wasn't Ryu of all characters garbage tier with the inclusion of the new ones?

The reward is not getting reverse'd and also having plus frames.

No Ryu was so top tier in S1 they nerfed him into the ground and he's currently unusable.

How do you stop from getting attacked on the ground against the wall over and over? If I mash 1 trying to tech and I just get hit over and over and over again. Yet when I try to hit people at the wall it never works.

But I don't like any of those characters at all. I like Kazumi aesthetically but I don't like her playstyle.

>He has like a single digit number of moves that are plus.
That's not bad by itself. Kazumi has like two.

>He hasn't been mad the entire time.
Hmm really makes you think... Where did the 200iq go?

Yeah what a great reward. Having to buffer an input that will probably ruin my combo all just so i can NOT eat like 30 damage randomly or whatever and be knocked down. I do like what, 5 damage? Such BS.

The problem right now is you don't know how the game works.You need to learn the game first, then you can pick who you like, otherwise you'll be a green ranker with 3000 wins who still snake edges

>that will probably ruin my combo
What? People can't do reversals if they're in the air, what the hell are you talking about?

Oh jesus are you one of those fgg shitposters?

Is fgg tekgen's vappa boogeyman?

If my button hits and they don't reversal, then I'll end up getting a button i don't want.

I hit green in a little over a hundred with Paul, though. I just want to change characters as I keep learning, my movement sucks in particular, and I feel like Paul is giving me too many crutches that I'll fall back into using if things go wrong.

What's the frame data on Kazumi's 3 hit low string?

Strings aren't combos

look it up from rbnorway

Doesn't seem angry there at all. Also why are you bringing up the IQ thing? That's something people meme about here but he's brought it up like once when it was actually relevant to the topic at hand.

You can block after getting hit and low parry/hopkick the next hit after blocking one (given that they continue the string).

>Speedkicks youtube video still missing the point

Given the context there's very little reason to be pedantic. Chickening is a very low-reward maneuver for its risks and difficulty.

can't take anyone who defends lack of tutorial seriously. fuck off you stupid cock gobbling harada worshipper

>missing the point of his video

What's the point?

You are making their punish of your move into a punish itself. Would you rather just eat the 30 some odd damage?

It's not an offensive maneuver, it's a defensive one.

Hm it sure would be nice if the game told you how to do this now wouldn't it?

TMM specifically says Eddy is fine in Tekken 7 so showing him in that game is besides the point. His example was about TTT2.

But my dear /fgg/ shitposter, the user is bullshitting. If you mash 1 you tech, and you cannot be caught by attacks during that.

Repeated hits at the wall happen when you hold back.

I don't know the inputs, I don't play Kazumi

Explain to me what a tutorial could do to remedy the situation that caused all this? What's a tutorial going to do to stop people who don't know what Xiaoyu or Eddy does from getting fucked up by them if they don't play cautiously? Is there such a simple answer you could put it in one screen of a tutorial or do you think they will just have to put in the same hours of footage on YouTube except explain it in a vacuum so it's not as easily applied? The only way you can learn is to fucking practice.

Speedkicks says that if I don't play to win I'm a scrub, so should I lag my connection and cheese?

db2,3,4 or something.

Go in practice mode with her, scroll through the movelist, find it and repeat the move with tekkenbot.

Yes. Be sure to pick a character with a command grab and snake edge

Yes.

use search. you know it's a 3 low string so it should be easy enough to find.

Connection issues are not within the game's rules. Nice try though.

What's the game gonna do? Have a tutorial of how to escape every ground option in the game? Why did you people suddenly think that just because an actually autistic streamer said something about tutorials that they would fix everything in the game? Most shit in this game is not general knowledge it's applied knowledge that's dependent on multiple variables.

>If you mash 1 you tech, and you cannot be caught by attacks during that.
Some moves catch tech rolls, dumbo.

>game rules
excuse me?

It's not about Eddy, it's about the mentality behind playing fighting games.

Ranked is faux-tekken, nobody cares what you do there

It's literally a nice thing that will help some players, I don't know how many, I can't tell you how many, but it's a nice QoL thing that does LITERALLY NO HARM yet retards like you, with your throat stuffed with nip dick, keep defending their laziness because thats exactly what it is, its just fucking lazy from their side. It's not hard, it doesn't take long to put in a little tutorial mode, and you dont have to defend this but I guess youre just trolling now because I dont want to believe that people are this fucking retarded defending this kinda shit.

balance is only ever an ideal

why shouldn't we criticize aspects of the game?

I think the point is that even if you're willing to put in the time, some things are still exceptionally difficult to learn how to deal with in a real match scenario for low and mid level players. He doesn't want the game balanced around low level play, he wants the people who are willing to learn to have an easier time doing it without affecting the high and top levels.

I only watched the second video, but that's what I got out of it. It's a discussion that's been had a lot of times, and developers obviously don't care so it's all pointless debate anyway.

HOW TO FIX TEKKEN
>add hidden moves to move list
>add frame data to move list
>change "while rising" to "while standing up"
>all tips that scroll at the bottom of the screen are available to look at any time you want in the menus

If someone is too lazy to use practice mode, then they're too lazy to follow hours of tutorials

fuck off, scrub

>It's not hard, it doesn't take long to put in a little tutorial mode
See here's where your logic falls apart. How do you know it's not difficult or that it wouldn't take long? Especially considering the things that everyone is complaining about lack of tutorials, besides the incredibly obvious stuff, are very nuanced tactics? Yeah in a dream world where they need literally no time and can pick a "perfect tutorial that perfectly explains the game" off of a tree then yeah there is no excuse, but this is reality and tutorials take time and money and wouldn't even scratch the fucking surface of what needs to be explained in a proper tutorial.

I'd like to add some things to this user's list
>more varied stages in terms of breaks and also appearance
>more customization options
>penalty for pluggers of any kind
>Mokujin, Marduk, Lei, Anna, and Ganryu
>a hitman is sent to the homes of people who bought the bowling DLC
>TMM is publicly executed

That's it really

Damn it's good that starting rank scales with best character. I still get bodied from Red's starting new character, but atleast they go up faster now. Why wasen't this implemented before?

This also
>Marie Rose guest in 2018

dont you have some 2D games to not play

>he wants the people who are willing to learn to have an easier time doing it without affecting the high and top levels.
That worked so well when SFV did it, right? I can get what you are saying you phrased it without the pure amount of whining that TMM surrounded his argument with, but dropping the skill floor that low WILL affect the skill ceiling.

Switch more customization options to "more preset costumes that are allowed in tournaments" and you got yourself a deal

Oh shit agreed

If we increased the blockstun and recovery of Claudio's hopkick to make it easier to punish (as in more time to react), would that really affect high level play?

Wasn't the rule no items?

Read that post again

Somebody in earlier thread made argument that DOTA is balanced on all skill levels.

No it would just ruin a character that even with the best hopkick in the game is not that good. Also the hopkick is punishable on block, what more do you want?

How would it ruin the character? Surely he doesn't rely on people being too slow to punish it?

That's debatable since there's a very big entry requirement to be deemed competent at the game. Also DotA isn't fun.

It's one of his few good moves and his main punish/poke. Why ruin it? The only change Claudio should get is one to two more ways to get starburst because he does no damage without it and currently his limited options to achieve starburst means his gameplan is one dimensional.

How would it ruin it is what I'm asking.

Not the guy you're talking with.
In my opinion Katarina, Shaheen, and Claudio should have all been a single character. They're so simple and uninteresting that there is no reason for them to occupy 3 slots

He already told you twice, are you touched in the head?
Claudio is weak already and another buff would ruin him for good.

Bump. I appreciate but I don't like any of those characters. Any other characters good to learn the game with that isn't a CH fishing character?

He keeps saying it'd ruin the move but not why. Do top players let Claudio hopkicks go unpunished a lot or something?

Because it's already punishable why bump it up to launch punishable range?

I can agree with that, honestly. I wish that patches would raise the number of moves for some of the new characters like Gigas could use another move or two.

Top Claudios space their hopkicks in a way that they're harder to punish, so the other guy often doesn't even try in fear of their punish whiffing and getting hopkicked.
Depends on the matchup though of course. Some characters have really long range i13 punishes.

>DU YUR FAKING SWAY FUR FOKS SAKE

You could add Josie in there too. Gigas and Lucky Chloe are the only interesting new characters gameplay wise, so of course the Tekken autists hate their guts

Josie is Bruce. She's a new design, not a new character.

>of course the Tekken autists
This and the fact that you thought Josie was a new character lead me to believe you don't actually play this game.

Get out.