>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
Summary:
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Old thread Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14492500
youtu.be/WXWTrvVjyk4?t=687
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just want him, Rick, I just want him in my arms..

>Fuck Trees

Yer gonna regret that.

posted in a dead thred

Lets see what's your favorite enemies /twg/
>fun to fight against, but too easy
greenskins
Skaven
Vampire Cunts

>fun to fight against, and can offer a challenge
The Empire
Warriors of Chaos

>Unfun to fight against, and also too easy
Norsca (without dlc)
beastmemes
brets

>unfun to fight against, but can provide a challenge
Dorfs
wood elves
high elves
dark elves

god elven ranged spam is the worst
also, I haven't fought norsca with the dlc yet, WHEN ARE THEY COMING CA FUCK

>unfun to fight against
Lizardmen

You should have made a section that's just fucking annoying to fight: Wood Elves. Fast Missile units, boy how fun.

i always get fucked by wood elves if they have enough momentum in the campaign.Either they fuck my shit up with harrrassment or i wake up fighting a memestack of about 7 to 14 dragons with archers on the side.
Only thing that comes close to that level of retarded is the chaos invasion hellcanon spam.One good blast takes 50% hp of a gold chevron unit

>dorfs have taken over the empire
>brets have taken over athel lorian and various dorf holds
>helves are invading brettonia
>tilea took over skavenblight and eastalia
>college of pyrotechnics took over some lizard land
what the hell happened in that campaign

fuck lizardmen and woodniggers
also dawi for blobbing the map and having to fight 3-4 stacks at once if you get attacked or don't have lightning strike

it was a pre-release ME screenshot from CA

so how did they fuck up the game that this never happens anymore

Never played a Total War game before and I'm not really big into RTS or RTT games but I've got a non-weeb interest in Japanese history and like the look of Shogun 2 after coming across it in the Steam sale.
Is the singleplayer content decent? Does it do a decent job at building up atmosphere? Will I get my ass cracked open by even easy AI if its my first game of its kind?

Planning to buy the complete package since its only four bucks more and seems to cover another period I'm really interested in.

>Factions I'm okay with
All non elf factions
>Fuck fighting against these factions
All elf factions

the player faction is dwarfs

Shogun 2 is luckily considered one of, if not the, best of the TW games. Combat follows a very rock paper scissors formula (Swords beat spears, spears beat cavalry, cavalry beat swords and archers, archers beat infantry)

It's a TW game so the AI is guaranteed retarded. The biggest hurdle is learning to play the game, as mechanics and controls are very poorly explained and sign posted. I recommend youtubing a video or two on basics

>tilea took over skavenblight and eastalia

That's what happens every time though?
Basically it goes
>Clan Skyre/or Beastmen if they spawn there destroy Estalia
>50 turns later
>Tilea gains momentum and destroys Clan Skyre

In all my games skavenblight never changes
I don't think I even see skaven armies coming from there at all most of the time

Conquer Everywhere aspect of the climate system is fucking gay. I wouldn't mind climate, but I would love to have old racial restrictions where Dwarfs stay in their fucking mountains, nobody can colonize Wood Elf realms, Norscan shits can't settle in Old World, save for select capitals and etc.

free game
DT8VI-J8BXY-ZBI8Z

>DT8VI-J8BXY-ZBI8Z
Already own it user
What's the game?

already hab

Warhammer 2; I own it as well but got a key from intel promotion

looks like an user is getting lucky tonight
also bless your kindness user

>DT8VI-J8BXY-ZBI8Z

Shoot, already nabbed. Thanks for a shot at a freebie tho.

Already used, oh well.

...what chan is that?

Veeky Forums, in style: photon

did we lose our only drawfag ?

ffa was fun boys, just remember to watch out for the ultimate enemy

we did?
Well that sucks, who was he and what did he do

Empire and Lizardmen bullies not so tough after being Gorbullied.

damn this /twg/ place sounds gay as shit actually nvm

I wanna know how many Albinoid brothers browse /twg/

strawpoll.me/14492500
strawpoll.me/14492500
strawpoll.me/14492500

Multiplayer is pretty fun yo.

Especially against normies who rage at unconventional armies.

I'd rather kill myself than not being white-slav-germanic-magyar stuff, whatever austrians are

I think we should bully normies that pick Dwarfs and all of their RoRs more often.

>Pick Dorf
>Get all RoR since they are "superior"
>Lose because team comp is garbage
I can't play online since I am a filthy 3.14 rater but I'm pretty sure that happens.

It's gonna be mostly white. I don't know why that is. I never met a single person interested in history that wasn't white.

Anyone who picks dwarfs deserve bullying

whos the anime girl in the bunny suit that he's hugging

how the fuckj

Probably Sena from the Friend anime or something. Also, Jesus, how could someone willingly take a picture of themselves like that and post it on the internet.

Nah, it's OK but AI should make vassals in their respective unfavourable climates rather than straightforward occupying it.
That way, for example dwarfs would still conquer old world but they would have former empire, bret and wod elf client states.

NAGASH WAS WEAK

Border princes are pretty active in my game as well. A few turns in and they conquered averland and parts of wissenland

yes

least the dwarven meta menace was defeated by SPOOKY KNIGHTS in points the first time

Melonpan is a swiss national treasure, you fuckwad.

>he doesn't know based melon pan.

He has a channel on youtube and is living the dream of any weeb.

>Melon Pan
I get the feeling he really liked Shakugan no Shana before. Props to the guy for being based though.

>Beating them as greenskins

Feelsgood

That actually a pretty nice idea. Makes mega blobs more fun, considering you would have to deal with more diverse armies, not just a monolithic spam, you can even get an opportunity to liberate conquered race or vassalize them. Too bad we will probably never see anything like that.

>too easy, but fun
Greenskins, Skaven, Empire, Beastmemes, Chaos
>fun, challenging
Dark Elves, Dwarfs, Wood Elves, Brets, Lizards
>AIDS
High Elves (most frustrating one), Norsca, VC

>VC
>Aids
Alright, what exactly is the reason why you hate them?

Constantly shitting out several stacks, fodder holds up for way too long. Certain meme stacks featuring 56465848 Terrorgheists are incredibly annoying without very strong air or ranged units.
Campaign only:
The dead rise again is frustrating to play against, tons of agents everywhere, vampiric corruption ruining everything.
Legendary of course.

Huh, I usually just try my best to snipe out the Lord to get them Crumbling quicker. Then proceed to kill the next most expensive thing for more penalties.

so, why don't siege ai sally out when vastly being shot to shi/have heaps of air units.

I have traveled to the other side of the other side of the literal real life planet, stayed for weeks on end, and come back again. Still no Norsca or a working not-beta Foundation Update for ME. Do I have to travel to the moon and back? Is the update triggered by me getting grandkids?

That's the idea, yes. But then they get "the dead rise again LUL" just to have half their stack alive again and retreat out of your range. Why doesn't the entire stack die in campaign after fighting a regular battle? Why can you only completly annihilate them in autoresolve? Who greenlighted this shit?

Because barely working is good enough for game mechanics in CA's eyes.

>double negative
see I already have signs of dementia. I won't even be able to play this shit when it gets unshitted

They'll probably update the game after their new hot, totes OG game gets released. 2021.

>Reprisal update didnt even add the cooldown for RoR units
Wow great! I really love having to fight the same dwarf RoRs every single new turn! Great job CA!

>Tilea conquering Skavenblight once again

Seriously, that shit with ME annoys me to no end, I personally thought that support of Warhammer 1 was the high point for CA and was pretty excited for how it will go for Warhammer 2, but everything that happened after ME release is a fucking pile of piss and poo. They half-assed it even more than usual.

so, this is power of shogunfags

The Oda general doesn't seem to be very excited about this.

Please tell me they changed the unit models.

>Carthaginian fleets popping out of the fog of war to stomp garrisons in Sicily

God fucking damnit.

What's the difference between version 1.0.0 and pte?

Double negatives are pretty shitty to deal with regardless.

>tfw will have total war: medieval 9 for playing when you are old and demented

God warhammer gunpowder is so fucking trash, the particles, the sound effects, no reload and whats with this bullshit where everyone fires_

Norsca is next year

Hey Alzheimer could be cool for videogames. You could do blind playthroughs over and over again.

Man now I'm hyped for old age and a rotting brain.

only white people

Jesus christ fuck this I'm playing 1 then

>mfw I read "albanianoid"

source on the picture?

youtu.be/WXWTrvVjyk4?t=687
You mean this?

but i like playing dwarfs :(

The guns in this are pretty much just glorified crossbows. I miss it when in Medieval 2, a squad of arquebusers firing would fucking shake the screen if you zoom in on them and the sound effects had this nasty booming sound.

Acceptable?

first time player here

Please don't tell me you attacked them. They will just roll over eventually.

Where is that from?

I did but I'm not fussed about playing totally optimally. I was more talking about the epic lore-accurate(???) province names

Not bad, but the dwarf word for hold/mountain is Karak, nor Karaz. Karaz means 'eternal'

who cares lamo

That one lonely black guy.

What should I build up top? Do you generally want basic infantry barracks in every region or nah? I already put a gold mine on Gunbad.

Infantry can just be built on a tier 3 settlement, unless you want the highest tier ones then you need it at a capital. Though I personally just get Thunderers and Organ Guns.

>Do you generally want basic infantry barracks in every region or nah?

No, focus on having one or two centralised recruiting regions with all the necessary buildings. Either your starting province or the one below it since Iron Rock has an iron building that gives recruitment bonuses. Everything else should be economy focused unless you're planning on losing a lot of armies. Don't forget if you have enough money you can recruit globally.

>be hyped about ME
>played it for less than a week and gave up
>so bored waiting I started playing rome 2 and attila again

Was this part of their master plan?

That actually kind of makes sense. Delaying updates for 2 would mean that people would lack back on the older titles, which is Rome 2, which they have a DLC for for some reason. Which means people would buy it and then the WH2 community would be starved enough that they would buy what would be given to them..

What pisses you off the most about the total war campaign?

>Economy
>Enemy Armies
>Unwanted DoWs
>Rebellions
or
>Naval battles

The fact that it ultimately devolves into a monotonous battle after battle. Little to no variety of what is happening. Sieges or field battles, it always falls on the same formula. No surprise third party, environment feels fairly static and essentially nothing new is happening.

all of these except rebellions i guess

but mostly how in the whole campaign system the AI's economy is tied to artificial bonuses rather than their actual in game econ buildings

retarded AI infesting literally every aspect of the game

Big power vs big power wars in the lategame are a chore rather than being the climax of the game.