/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #232

See that mountain? Edition
ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2cHLBqYWkFM&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/ARfRH2Sbc88?t=8253
web.archive.org/web/20130203014939/http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/ships-plan/
youtube.com/channel/UC8BRdZAUoJT6ZCy-6f_shXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd kind of like to hear the reasoning behind the fucking what the fuck why is there a hole in the center of the ship.
Why did they just NOT BUILD the FUCKING SAFEST BEST PROTECTED PART OF THE SHIP WHAT FUCK.

Idris when?

I bet it's a fucking speed hole.

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

holiday strem

As much as I like the 'role' the ship supposedly lives up to, I can't help but think the design is unironically fucking retarded
Take a wild ass guess what ship you'll see me in ;3

The redeemer you no taste plebian

Hah! the Redeemer won't even be the Redeemer once they actually bother to make it fit in the gayme, we'll see the Prowler and Genesis Starliner before they'll fucking put that shit in

Will scam citizen ever be released in a playable state?

from plebbit

youtube.com/watch?v=2cHLBqYWkFM&feature=youtu.be

Look how this dad and his npc crew are attacking an innocent transport ship.

I dunno, a Polaris?
I still want a gun bristling warship, with actual STS guns, Keep your 24 S4 Anti fighter guns, give me like 8XS7 in twin turrets, with a couple smaller turrets for point defense, on a 150-200m long Light cap.

Better vote for the Drake capital then =3

>implying the drake capital isn’t just a bomb with thrusters

>Dad
>Attacking

Pick one

I've been agitating for a drake gun corvette for literally years, thats what I wanted the polaris to be.

Vote where tho? I havent seen any polls?

They'll probably put up the poll on Drake day, at least that would make sense

There was no happy hour last friday so I guess this friday??

>S4
>anti fighter
For perspective here is a S4 cannon.It shoots 108 caliber shells and can penetrate up to 0.5 meters of armor.

>High Admiral perks
What?
I never got any off that!
I got High Admiral from gifting a bunch of packages.
How do I get perks?

50% of my spendings are gifts

Get new reaction images please.

I've gifted maybe 600 dollars, but I've also spent ten times that amount
Frankly I figured it was just something you get with Cuntcierge but I guess not??
Maybe it's tied in to the VIP blackcard like when you buy it your account is 'granted' this club membership

Ok so the Hawk obviously has 6 guns so what's up with the stat page?

Name where the Smork originates from and I'll consider it, otherwise go house a "migrant"

wait for the Q&A, designers and marketing always fail miserably to convey what the actual fuck they're selling or making
It's only when they sit down and do the Q&A they figure out the actual details

That's just UEE protocol

God I love CIG logic...

So how are you doing, user?
You backed anything?

>God I love CIG logic...
You're the one that bought a ship before the Q&A, friendo

I am a slave to impulses and should not be in charge of my own economy.

>You backed anything?
wah??

I don't word well, ok friend?
Have you purchased any jpegs?*

Le 'I spent my entire retirement fund on digital space ships, now I have to live in my wife's son's basement' face

Getting to stay in the basement all the time playing video games for retirement wouldn't be so bad.

Yeah... you can say that

>Unironically wouldn't mind living out the remainder of his days in the basement of the wife's son's house who came into being after said wife was done 'fooling around' as a roastie whore fucking all the niggers in the suburbs
Do go on...

What'd you get?

Why do I give a shit if I'm old and wrinkly and my food and bills are paid for.

- Endeavor master set (needs 2nd bio-pod thou')
- Idris-P
- Starfarer Gemini
- Dragonfly (couldn't fit on the image)

>No Javelin
Pathetic.
Wish I had a Prowler

Rate major manufacturers from 1-10

No literally who companys or Xeno's

RSI 10/10 sexy struts named after a great man ahead of his time

MISC 7/10 space trucks with stolen xeno tech

Aegis 8/10 sleek capitalist warmongers

Anvil 8/10 space lockheed Martin

Consolidated Outland 5/10 new kid on the block trying out everything

Drake 1/10 made in space China nigger ships marketed for pirate scum

Origin 9/10 comfy jew ships for space whales

so does he

Absolutely objectively terrible ratings

Pffff, you don't get a fucking Javelin unless you got at least 200-300 peeps

>Rate major manufacturers from 1-10
way to start an absolutely worthless internet slap fight
case in point

.t drake cuck

>way to start an absolutely worthless internet slap fight
that's nothing new here

Yo' mama is so fat that when she heard of the new hammerhead she said 'Go git the new hammerhead for the broken hammer baoi!'

Pretty sure aegis is lockheed given their extensive history with military and love of stealth aircraft

Also anvil was originally russian wasnt it?

jesus fucking christ
how can one manchild be so shit
youtu.be/ARfRH2Sbc88?t=8253

Lol I was watching his stream, saw him start fighting, fucked off for like 15 minutes and came back to see him still doing it

Like ya ok your ship is damaged and your mouse sensitivity is too high but still....

ED posters, what even is FDev supposed to be working on now?

Jurassic world evolution

>Jurassic Park Operation Genesis 2
FTFY

Regarding ED of course.

Post that one video with the retard whale obsessed with the Vanguard saying how he is done with Star Citizen for good

space legs

But we know that space legs are pretty much never going to be implemented.

no

*blocks your path*

>The Q1 2018 update will introduce a host of additions and improvements to Elite Dangerous.
>Features:
>New ships: Chieftain, Krait, and other Alliance ships.
>GalNet text-to-audio feature. Listen to GalNet articles while flying.
>Wing missions - Challenging wing missions that people can take on with friends as a team.
>New tech and weapons derived from the Guardians.
>The narrative of the Guardians will continue. We'll be able to unlock a personal narrative as well.

>Enhancements:
>Improvements to planet generation and color variation. Revisiting the shaders and graphs that produce the planets, bringing out the contrast and details for a much more detailed look, and adding a wider variety of colour variation.
>Subsequent Engineers improvements will be guaranteed to be better than currently-equipped iterations
>Access to much better trade data to make more informed decisions.
>Crime & Punishment - Authority ships will be buffed to much better support the concept of criminality across human space.

I'm guessing we'll see this in 2019.

*Gets an Avenger*

I'm impressed with the hawk. One of their best designs recently.
>New ships
>Wing missions
Oh wow, took them long enough.

Too little too late

*uses EMP*

>One of their best designs recently.
They're going to fuck it up, mark my words.

The game definitely launched with too little content, but at least it's a functional game and they aren't wringing their hands for cash as desperately as they could be. It's a shame that the rather flat launch made a lot of people make up their mind that it was a shit game. I didn't pay any attention to it until this year, but it's coming along very nicely. The game is going to be in a really good place by the end of 2018.

>Content update 1 will be the first of two smaller updates released between the Q1 and Q4 expansions. It will feature new ships, new weapons, and other improvements such as new missions, scenarios & progressing the interactive narrative.
>Content update 2 will be the second of two smaller updates released between the Q1 and Q4 expansions. It will feature new ships, new weapons, and other improvements.

Hey, at least they're doing it. If players are going to be willing to actually come back and play the new update, and it's enough to break the stigma and get some new players coming in, everything might be ok.

>The Q4 2018 update will be Elite Dangerous' largest content update yet.
>Features:
>Squadrons - new in-game organizational structure for player groups. It adds tools to manage membership, hierarchy and the ability to purchase Fleet Carriers to serve as mobile bases.
>Improved Lighting Model - will benefit planetary tech as well as space.
>Planetary update - Improvements to the scatter rocks system, by adding a bigger variety of sizes and scales to them. Localized ambient effects for fog and vapour.
>New Planetary Environment - as per the concept art.
>Mining gameplay improvements. Improvements to the way we detect and extract resources. A miner's toolkit of modules and capabilities, more options, variety and choice when we're in deep space.
>Crack open asteroids.
>Exploration gameplay improvements.
>New Codex to log personal discoveries and provide encyclopedia-style information about topics.
>New phenomena and anomalies to discover in deep space.
>More activities and tools focused on how we find stuff in the galaxy. This affects missions, commodities, other resources.

>It's a shame that the rather flat launch made a lot of people make up their mind that it was a shit game
That's what happens when you release the product in that state as a "finished" one. If CIG tried to pull the same shit, they would have riots. But for me, FDev listening to the dads was my ultimate reason for just dropping the game. I couldn't handle the travel any longer. Got a Corvette and then I realized it would take me literal hours of my life just to meet up with friends to do shit.

>This is the average player
Open world pvp is going to be easy as shit

>Russian
Founded by a guy named J. Harris Arnold and it's main office is on Terra
Cyka blyat user

>That's what happens when you release the product in that state as a "finished" one.
I totally get that. I'm not really sure what they were thinking with calling their release a finished version, they should have released it as an Open Beta, and declared "finished product" some time in 2018 based on the current development roadmaps. With all the hype blasting around about both games the way it had been, and the weird "competition" between the hardcore devotees of both games, I feel like FDev wanted to avoid the "it's never coming out!" meme that SC has been victim too and they jumped the gun a bit.

>FDev listening to the dads
The unfortunate result of community over-involvement and developers listening too hard to the community. SC has the same problem to an extent, the real issue being that the visible "consensus" among the forum posting community is not always in line with the actual majority population, but those posters are far over-represented.

>I couldn't handle the travel any longer.
One of the natural consequences of having such an enormous game world. They could definitely implement some features to make long distance travel a little easier, which hopefully is part of the "quality of life" enhancements their talking. That said, the travel doesn't bother me way too much (yet). The game isn't very demanding, and if you have a second monitor during long travel you just shitpost or play a different game, it's easy. Unfortunately travel time is one of the things that make a game world feel big. You can do away with it in a single player game with instant fast travel, but there's no way to balance that in an open world MMO.

how do I git gud at sc dogfighting with kb+m

>You shitpost or play a game it's easy
Nah, the way they have it implemented you have to babysit your game. Lock onto the star you want to jump to, orient, jump, pay attention so your ship doesn't crash into the star, repeat for an hour until you get across 1% of the galaxy. Double the time required if you're flying something like a Corvette with some of the worst jump range in the game. If the taxi service didn't literally cost billions of credits and took multiple days to complete, I wouldn't have dropped it.

buy super hornet

strafe

My patrol fleet

The game needs an autopilot feature for multi-jump range trips. That's without question. I suppose the reason for not having an autopilot is probably something like "muh player immersion" or something, but it does get a little tiring. You should at minimum be able to autopilot between any two stations.

Do we still hate people who use docking computers?

ok

>For not having autopilot
Pretty certain the dads are to blame for this during the kickstarter phase. Autopilot would be perfect. If they can't implement time control like the original games, auto pilot would be good enough.

I don't want a hornet

I feel like most of my time fighting other players, or even NPCs, it jousting. How do you counter someone who's jousting without jousting yourself.

missile spam

strafe around to their position
because their next movement becomes predictable, you can follow but slow down when getting closer and strafe around to the side, or up/down while rotating facing the opponent

This. Freelancer MIS.

When are the freelancer variants supposed to be in the game?

Dunno, I'm waiting mine since 2013.

hey i got one
>can have a ship or component sent to me across several lightyears
>still can't view or access missions by space-email/craigslist and have to burn fuel to fly in a vaccuum without gravity to each station just to see if they even have a mission i can even do

fuck you Frontier, seriously fuck you

>you can follow but slow down when getting closer and strafe around to the side, or up/down while rotating facing the opponent
Are there any videos with more stuff like this?

>2013
look at this newfag

seriously though, you might appreciate this blast from the past I re-discovered a couple weeks ago web.archive.org/web/20130203014939/http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/ships-plan/

youtube.com/channel/UC8BRdZAUoJT6ZCy-6f_shXA

...why would you put a tanker on patrol?
Is it refueling the other two?

Hmm... Is the Starfarer the closest thing to a K-135 Stratotanker?

That'd be the Gemini variant but yes, essentially.