/ng/ - Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4r7SQlXEe10&t=88s
reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/6z9926/list_of_attacks_negated_by_100_received_firearms/
youtu.be/eMJfsioZAqg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there a way to get a 3rd cannonball or devs are just cunts?

Yes there is a 3rd.

As you come up from the ladder from the trench, there'll be a body right in front of you, it has the 3rd cannonball. Yes, devs are cunts.

Should i be using different weapons to build up skill points?

I think Chacha looks like a real go getter in SW, she's all ready to join the fray and learn.

there is one but you will probably never get to it without a lot of effort. because it's at the end of that area. even if you come up the ladder there's barely any cover over there.

I always save the second cannonball for the third canon. You can completely skip the second volley area simply by running and jumping straight into the trench on the right side and it goes right to the third area. Then I run through the flames right to the third cannon, fire it, and pick up the second ball before going back to the other area to look for loot.

Ah, thanks. I already explored the trench, but did not stop to loot in the kill zone because it makes little sense to put the cannonball there.
I mean,
>stop and loot deadly killzone to get cannonball to make killzone safe to loot, except you've already looted it

Yeah, I was aware I'd have to face the arrow rain eventually if I didn't save one, but I didn't expect them to remove cover in the 3rd kill zone. That was intentionally mean.

Are tonfas completely unsalvageable or is it just a part of the meme?

>is it just part of the meme
This is literally meaningless. Reword your question in actual English and you'll get an actual answer.

>Are tonfas completely unsalvageable
yes

What in the fuck is this skeleton bird shit like holy fucking cheap ass boss.

>>/dsg/

yeah it's pretty gay. I'm pretty sure there isn't even any cover over there or at very least not enough to last more than one volley.

>Ninja dogs carrying kunais
HAHAHAHAHA
Is the boss Naruto?

running heavy attack to the face instantly knocks him down for a few free hits

>hurr I should get to talk like a child for some reason because I'm in nioh general
Fuck off.

>or is it just a part of the meme?
Everything is a meme if you ask it like that.

you're closer to the truth than you think

he unironically is

hes the edgiest fuck in all of nioh, youll see.

I want to go back to the beta, it was so much fun to co-op when no one knew what the fuck they were doing.
That said, I'm having a blast on WotD. What kind of build do you guys use that is fun? I'm currently using onmyo element shots to confuse enemies then pummel them with LW while filling my gauge with extraction/pleaides. I find it pretty enjoyable.
>tfw spear/odachi/katana/duals

What's the Kusarigama skill that knocks down opponents by swiping their feet?

so at what level exactly i should be going into WotD?

Yeah I got him like 3rd try but like wasn't expecting him to be that strong.

Nevermind it's literally called Foot Sweep

I'm still using a heavy tatenashi thrower.
After bumping my spirit to 99 a single flame dragon fully restores my LW gauge under extraction/pleiades so i'm quite frequently in LW as well.
The only bad thing about this setup is that i can't achieve 100% firearms resistance because i need to dedicate 4 inheritable slots to thrown weapon damage x2.

No, you're just trash who can't build to a weapon's strengths

>weapon's strengths
There's none.

What is defilement and purification supposed to do?

I did it to my divine Kusarigama and finished the floor I was on, but I couldn't notice any obvious differens. Does it only increase the base attack, or what?

no. it's Sasuke.

again, you only think that because you're trash who thinks raw damage output is the only strength a weapon can have

i have no idea

im still trying to find a guide somewhere that tells me exactly how to get strong equipment using the abyss

When all else fails use gun. When that don't work use more gun.

good thing tonfa has nothing really going on for it even aside from shit moveset and low damage
ki damage is laughable on higher difficulties

I personally never used them.
youtube.com/watch?v=4r7SQlXEe10&t=88s

You defile weapons and armor to make it ethereal. Every floor you clear after defiling it gives it more chance to upgrade into ethereal.

>shit moveset
>ki damage is laughable on higher difficulties
you literally could not be more wrong

the only semblance of damage coming from tonfa is from gunstick devastation
the problem is that it's still literally a half of dps any other weapon is capable of
try to go into the abyss and see where your ki damage will lead you, faggot

This mission is difficult

lmao, you were right.

>try to go into the abyss and see where your ki damage will lead you, faggot
as it happens I did and it got me well into the WotN tiers, so get fucked kiddo

Gives the best spear if you're using flame dragon and fire damage setups though.

everything can be salvaged through the wonders of LW

he's cooler in sengoku basara

I currently use Yukimura's spear, so if this one is better I'll keep trying it. Sasuke is harder to me than Yukimura so if I can get past him with enough life left, should get it. Rest of the guys I just backwave/tempest

Banging your head against concrete wall can sometimes destroy the wall but it doesn't make your head a good tool for this kind of job.
Tonfa is an irredeemable garbage with second worst LW mode, worst damage output and worst general moveset.

>Received Elemental Attack Damage 23.6%
>Damage Reduction 40.7%
>Elemental Damage Reduction While Guarding 67.9%
>Nullify Elemental Damage 16%
>Received Firearms Damage 70.7%
>Damage Reduction (Status Ailments Suffered) 38.9%

If I align with Yamanaka clan, I get a base 9% Damage Reduction (Status Ailments Suffered) and it also bumps my Damage (Status Ailments Suffered) to AA rating. Is this *still* not tanky enough to survive a hit or two in WotN? I haven't factored either how much Ki damage mobs and bosses will do to my current setup...

Also, these Ishida Clan buffs are going to be so hard to give up with Kato. It's so easy to say, "Fuck you, I don't want to spend 1 minute carefully clearing out an area when I can do it in 12 seconds with LW + buffs"

the fact you think this makes the fact you don't have a clue self-evident

Don't sperg on me so hard, user.

worst moveset is spear, same shit tracking while being much slower. it's only better than tonfa because it does damage.

how ironic of you to accuse me of sperging when you're shitting uncontrollably on a weapon because you can't use it effectively

Post stats. Just killed this bitch in WotN and it's really satisfying.

I still want to see Nue user's stats for both Nue and Sakon

is there a way to tell how many floors it takes?

can you ethereal stuff that isnt divine?

how do + numbers work?

Lmao nope, spear has some of the safest attacks in the game, excellent LW mode that allows Wild Spear usage, chidori with stability dishes out ridiculous dps and twisting spear is one of the most bullshit attacks in the game mobs literally don't know how to counter.
Spear is actually one of the best movesets in the whole game, and with a special grapple to boot.

at least spear has some fucking range and mid stance has wide sweeping attacks for crowds

not to mention all the throwing in the air and spearing them and tossing shit around, and the THREE ki destroying moves from guard it has

spear feels very dynasty warriors actually

I'm just telling you the truth about the game, user.
I like tonfa, i really do. It's a fun weapon. But it's also a shit weapon that needs to be buffed.

>weakness
>lightning
>have lightning 1kat build
>raikira with +lightning and +45% lightning damage
>lightning talisman
>even with a full ki bar of light attacks on her while shes slothed its impossible to trigger lightning

they should just say 'immune to elemental effects' because most bosses are unless its sloth or weakness or devigorate

Has to be divine. Idk what the best amount is I've seen most people talk about doing like 5 then going out. What do you mean how do they work? Like how to do you get more + just use gear with same + or better than what you have after using a +1 to get it out of 0. Also it only goes up by one each match. As far as ethereals are concerned you can't get them till like ng+++ so don't worry about tryin to defile and shit now if you aren't that far.

a buff would be helpful for sure but it's simply not true that it's a shit weapon when there are ways to optimize it so it's perfectly effective well into high level abyss
I'm not claiming it's da bes wepon, I'm not even claiming it's better than a lot of the others, but it's a viable weapon that simply lacks in raw damage output

it absolutely has more utility than fucking 2kat which is only good for SotC spam, and one abusable skill does not make a good weapon

What difficulty are you on ng? Cause she should get lightning on her pretty fucking fast.

this particular instance was way of the strong

>use tonfa
>hit things for double digits, absolutely pathetic
>NPC tonfa users in DLC hits me
>does over a thousand damage every hit and hits a gorillion times
>god forbid you run out of ki too because then he grapples you and does 5 hits of 3.5k+ each

too bad we dont get the npc tonfas

revenant damage isn't magically inflated
if a revenant can hit that high with them, you certainly can

Considering you are missing 15% base damage reduction at most, no. Same thing with ele damage, you have a ton with guarding but if you move it to base reduction guarding becomes redundant.

wasnt a revenant

even worse then

Hmm tried it myself yeah it was kinda like bad. My living weapon put it on her super fast like 5 hits so maybe it's just base ele damage from weapons hits is shit. I know when I was playing onmyo it was super fast also like 1-2 shots at most.

>it absolutely has more utility than fucking 2kat
2kat has:
>an actually good parry
>an actually good move for horn destruction
>an actually strong DPS move
>a strong buff that activates on dodging
>one of the best ways of ki destruction against humanoids
tonfa is absolutely worse than 2kat in every single fucking way, user

I want a mod to remove the glowing gay aura from visitors.

muh dark souls

just so you know lightning infusion on your weapon slot is shit that doesn't scale with anything except the weapon's base damage, and it would have probably worked if you had good magic stat and used a talisman or projectile.

I know who you're talking about that guy is a fucking dickhead he's probably the strongest one out of the braves on that mission.

Idk why that guy does a absurd amount of damage.

Play yokai with companion and the aura isn't there they can also loot shit and open all doors.

>Play yokai with companion and the aura isn't there they can also loot shit and open all doors.
I don't trust randoms enough for that. My co-op experience is exclusively as visitor.
Still, good to know.

I'm having a bad day, lads.

Anybody still playing on PS4 who wants a co-op companion?

Can't say that I blame you it's also a different experience. Missions have more enemies and extra bosses on some along with no checkpoints/refills at shrines. You get a buff instead. Makes some missions harder but more interesting I think it's meant more for friends than randoms lol.

when do i unlock okatsu and maria in the teahouse?

Nice! That sounds pretty ridiculous. For me, my spirit is like 25, but Hi-nezumi fills so fast I can just hit an enemy with two or three element shots and its full.
Where do I get flame dragon scroll anyway? I heard there's droppable ninjutsu skills, but no idea where to go. I just started region 2 on WotD. Another thing, just a general question for anyone

DO YOU EVER GET MORE THAN 40 JUTSU FUCKING SHIT

For Okatsu I think you have to do the ninja dojo missions

maria beat dlc3 okatsu i think a true ninja thing in dojo

tfw these would be sick if i could get rid of that bare handed attack damage

>Where do I get flame dragon scroll anyway
Farm Hayabusa.

get rid of your sword instead

problem solved

Yeah you get around 50 once you get to 200 dex lol

>master swordsman
>barehanded attack

When can I level my stats past 99?

Way of the Nioh

Time to find Ethereal boots with nullify damage on purification I guess

they really wouldn't, and you can just inherit a better skill onto them

>Summoned for Umi-Bozu
>nope.jpg
>It's the twilight mission
>host has lit all the fires
>nice.gif
>He uses a Water talisman
You fucking wot m8

Get Firearm Damage on that inheritable slot, don't be a chump

Don't bother, that effect's duration got nerfed to fuck.

But I don't get hit by guns or cannons often

You will my negro, you will.

reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/6z9926/list_of_attacks_negated_by_100_received_firearms/

maybe this needs to be in the OP

Wow. This stat should be renamed.

wow that's hecking broken

i need to get some of that RFD gear as soon as i beat the last dlc i.e beat the story without cheating

Mitsunari is the only "humanoid" boss i use sloth on, fuck that motherfucker he was so based in Sengoku Basara now in Nioh hes just a gigantic pain in the ass.

Guess what you grip the sword with.
Ultimately it's your hands doing the damage.

Mitsunari is quite basically the easiest humanoid boss right after Honda. Just sidestep and punish him over and over, most, if not all his attacks are vertical.

youtu.be/eMJfsioZAqg

Use skill instead!