/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dod_(surname)
youtube.com/watch?v=XlzaKrG4ljw
youtube.com/watch?v=mQR0bXO_yI8
youtube.com/watch?v=2l3XUxqNHjE
youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I
youtube.com/watch?v=g0TaYhjpOfo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for dod

thank dod, /egg/ not dod. yet.

dod the dostroyer shall send us all to clang

guys is this a new funny meme???? dod!

stop. I'm not a meme.

Whatever you say dodbert

let someone else make op faggot.
we need editions

chod-children of a dod earth

funnny dod meme!!

the fuck, dod is real
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dod_(surname)

For the love of Dod, stop getting so mad. We're just having fun.

>British physician
hmm...

you seem to need some anime pics to calm you down

>make op faggot.
OP is already a faggot, how can you make him more of one?

Dod youdod wantdod dodcuss penisdodes?

you know what I meant, dod

doddiscussing penisdodes isdod dodofflimits ondod adod dodchristian dodimage dodboard dodlike dodchan

Stop that.
It's silly.

Dod'am gonnadod dod did danywayd

Dodthats dodlewd

Can't make this shit up

Is this the Dod?
Or would you prefer to discuss the new spengies updod which fixed all existing and future bugs?

every spengies update fixes all the bugs forever, don't be silly xocli... I mean stranger on the internet
t. notMarek

Post your favorite Dod

Do bombers still piss people off in robocraft? What should I make?

>robocraft

Whats your favorite planet/moon /egg/?

Is robocraft still existing in this reality? Didn't it finally commit sudoku with shittier update after shittier update?

obviously uranus

Callisto

Your mom

uranus because the axis it rotates around is tilted almost into line with the solar plane

Mars/Phobos/Deimos

Mercury because sometimes the sun decides to go backwards and ti sets where it came from.

Mimas

Ross 128 b
It's mostly just one of those various 'might be able to support life' planets, but it has my first name

Who the hell names their son 128b?

Dod 128 b?

Who would call their child 128b?

fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=XlzaKrG4ljw
the one with best jazz

But youtube.com/watch?v=mQR0bXO_yI8

>not posting the superior bossa nova version
youtube.com/watch?v=2l3XUxqNHjE

wat

Guys I found a new(old) ded!

It's called panekit, you build vehicles and stuff to solve puzzles. It's for playstation, but runs just fine on emulators. It's an engineering game that ran on a 33.87 MHz processor with 2 MB of ram and it still has better physics than most deds today. And most importantly, there's stuff to actually do and a real game progression. You have to hunt around for parts to build your machines. It also has multiplayer.

Why are Japs the only people to make actually decent games?

So instead of voxels or blocks you make stuff out of panels. The editor is actually pretty great and pretty intuitive. You can build stuff really fast once you get the hang of it.

Oh and I forgot, you can build stuff super fast, despite not having a mouse. Now just look at all this ENGINEERING going on here. You can see forces, power usage, graphs, and stuff in the editor test thing. Pic related is my brainlet plane for exploring

Mooooooods!

He named the game that shall not be named!

>PS1
>1999
How bad does it clang?

Yargnit?

Didn't know the PSX had /egg/ besides Carnage Heart. That's pretty neat.

thank you
sometimes I remember the shitposts we had

of course the only problem with the editor is that there is no center of gravity or life viewer for planes are hard. Well it might, but I can't read the moonrunes. Machinecraft is related to panekit and is probably where the dev got the gas from.

I haven't been able to make it clang.

Can emulated multiplayer be made to work?

Now the only problem is that it's been around for a long time and japanese autists have made every vehicle that exists in it.

I wonder if anyone has the actual image and not just the thumbnail

This vehicle will exists one day, trust me.

and of course what's a japanese game without waifus.

They got hit by 2 bombs

or anime

these are images from an old japanese message board. Unfortunately, that's the real resolution.

>Do bombers still piss people off in robocraft? What should I make?

Reminder that flying planes was removed from the game, and all planes where turned into VTOL hover cars that can only tilt side to side.

Game is fucking dead to me.

>Reminder that flying planes was removed from the game, and all planes where turned into VTOL hover cars that can only tilt side to side.
Disgusting

I always wonder how it's possible to fuck up this bad when it's so obvious what your fanbase wants.

>LITERALLY impossible to do this now

sheeeeet
youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I

Dod

I can't believe I'm the only one

Don't play robocraft, retard

Never again.

What are some must have mods for Space Engineers?

I'm going to play it again for the first time in a year or two.

>Speed limit increases
>Pretty skybox
>tiered thruster packs (and reactor mods)
>small ship mod packs
Listen to classical music while playing

For a bipedal robot that backflip is fucking impressive

Titan
>oceans are hydrocarbons
>air is hydrocarbons
>floor is lava
>lava is also hydrocarbons

youtube.com/watch?v=g0TaYhjpOfo

the joy of such a thing is really dampened once you find out that the only way to economically reach and extract those hydrocarbons is with fusion powered ships, and fusion would render those hydrocarbons worthless

I have rediscovered my love for auto cannons.

of course there is no oxygen to burn them on titan. But on titan, we can use bottle up oxygen as fuel. Titan is also cold enough that we can easily store the oxygen in liquid form. Unfortunately liquid oxygen would stay around for a bit if you spill it on titan. This is bad because dirt on titan is made of hydrocarbons and when liquid oxygen combines with it, it becomes a high explosive. There have been incidents where LOX was spilled on a runway and people stepping on it caused the run way to explode.

good lord

I can't decide if I love it or hate it

You have fun with the grenade launcher shitters my man.

this microlight turned out pretty fun to fly.

It's stupid, but I love it.

Killed a few already. It's fun sniping their guns off and have them rage quit.

You've got to respect contraptions that are batshit insane and completely impractical for any purpose, but are still pulled off well.

It's from a Sheikh, it's not a Texan garage made Smallpeniser

You're right, it's a Middle Eastern Smallpeniser

T E R R A F O R M I N G

Does /egg/ have it's own spergies server or something?

Not until multiplayer stops sucking

Hi McMurdo

We did a long time ago.

Neptune.

if it was a texan who made it himself I could respect it.

as a Sheikh I would have expected much better effort put into the build. Seems to be a G wagon with a generic saloon on the back which I find really frustrating. fair enough the rest seems mostly unique, but those parts really stand out as low effort.

Gotta spend all the oil money somehow. Some build hotels, some build snow parks in the desert, some fund the USA. This one builds cars.

So never ever

>gotta spend the oil money
I never understood why not spend it on useful things? Like, I get wanting to show all the other rich Arabs HOW rich you are, but why not, say, invest in space exploration to claim other planets for Allah or to go mine asteroids for even more money and influence?