/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #647

''Big Sur and beyond, here they come'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hk9de3ljHnw

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14286999
strawpoll.me/14287008
strawpoll.me/13834594
strawpoll.me/14047827

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=17D6NKRzdPM
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=tq-TU7x5Sm8
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay

*marries your Chloe*
Heh, nothing personnel Michel

youtube.com/watch?v=17D6NKRzdPM

What was your choice for the Steam awards?

You made the right choice, didn't you?

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Sorry, posted the wrong image.

Cutest girl with the cutest girlfriend

How could you not

Kek, whatever makes you feel better than a used set of holes that you were, "Chad" Max.

Chloe is #1

Yes

Friendly reminder to keep your tanks healthy and well-fed.

I feel like it's going to be a huge wasted opportunity if they don't have "No Below" play again near the end of the final episode in a similar scene to the intro to episode one, only with Rachel there next to Chloe.

The lyrics of the song seem so deeply tied to Chloe and how she feels at the beginning of the episode, it would really showcase the duality of both the dark and hopeful messages of the song by using it as a bookend for the story.

were talking about Ryan, not Max.

>You may now kiss the bride
youtube.com/watch?v=tq-TU7x5Sm8

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Correct.

what's your stance on s1?

These are the only info(s)&leaks about script I could gathered;

Rachel will be the influence that Chloe dyes her hair to the blue. They will do it when Rachel visited Chloe's home/room

Cringy guy's confrontation will most likely happen at junkyard or blackwell while hanging with Rachel. Remember depending your choices you could led him on (like saying no ;at start and intending to go play or not in ep2) then ditching him and forgot all about it. in ep1 you also could simply say maybe to his invitation and reply his hanging out after tempest with uncertain things responses or with maybe, or lie; you are gonna ditch the show or with truth ;that you will hang out with Rachel etc. Choices are there because these will also trigger his anger and change some dialogues

That ep3 teaser, latter scene, which was involved with Rachel's having trouble and Damon's threatening her (also kinda about Drew and Mikey situation) after phoneconversation;Chloe's concern about it. Earlier confrontation scene(cringy eliot) I am talking about first confrontation scene;which they may be change things and it may happen in blackwell either. But it will happen just right the time when Rachel and Chloe together.

Advice scene with Steph (and cute conversation, moment) is really coming this time btw. More details is in my other post

About Kiss scene: If you did earlier that action or got enough intimacy thing, it'll happen automatically,but if you did it'll get more intense.

++
They will confirm that Rachel's mom is really related with supernatural shit. Which I will explain on my next post

++++
I will explain why did they cut *something* in Dream sequence in my later post.

Name someone more beautiful than her in Life is Strange, I'll wait

++++++
Sera will want to escape with her daughter (for some reason that will make you shocked) . Chloe will be given option to let Rachel go with her mom, or she would want to keep her to herself (yeah whatever you saw that slate was true) However this won't affect course of events because like I said there will be another major thing happen. And don't worry nothing will seperate Rachel and Chloe in these 3 days and their relationship WON't GET DESTROYED

Sera's wanting to take Rachel away is obviously not related with gtfo that town with a car.. everything is related with supernatural stuff on there.And you will find out why Sera never gets mentioned. Also I am repeating this again; it won't damage Rachel and Chloe's relationship and one way or another you will get chill/happy endingg . There will be "feels" at the end yeah, but Chloe and Rachel will get their happy conclusion; this means any drama won't happen between them/they won't seperate. And if you went full romantic you will get your reward anyway. Like we said, there are two conclusions yet 6 variations; story will take you where it will want to go
Something big will get revealed during Damon'a confrontation and when you saw Sera..

++ About this hot scene...
Depending on your intimacy counter you will encounter witn flirty/romantic/lovey dovey dialogues throughout whole game -even some actions will happen during in panic moments- y'know that, at the ending there will be romantic moment between them. Lots of things will be going on. Now speaking of this "hot" scene, it will be on.. house.Ps. Don't expect exposed "spaghetti is the warmest food" scene

Chloe, Max, Victoria, Kate, Dana, Steph

You are just inviting Maxyne to spam from all her proxies
But yeah her and Chloe are the cutest

Always kiss the Price

>were talking about Ryan, not Max.
Yes we are, that's exactly who i was talking about. Everything checks out.

If you are intrigued about our scene with Steph here ya go, I got new and precise detail on there:

It's been already mentioned that Steph will have major role in this episode and yeah she will, but it is not like she will be villain or anything; she will help us 'coming out'. Steph will reveal that Chloe's being 100% into chicks they will talk about it and that moment Chloe will admit it openly; without using any subtle sentence; they will also talk about her -chloe's- "love" for Rachel. Depending on your choices Chloe will be more flustered while talking/and may even be insecure about Rachel's feelings for her (this will happen if your intimacy is lower) Ah now, I know that someone will mention that stuff in Chloe's outdated wallet from first game; I also asked anonymously messaged game dev about it to confirm it, like I really insisted that I wanna find out; and you guys were right, devs put it to imply that past phase, it stopped after Rachel. This is why they put that certain dialogue in there. So yes, Chloe's 100% into chicks only and this game/steph will confirm it. so whew. Finally we will get rid of this non-sense sexuality arguments.

++
Another good news for Steph fans
Yes, Steph will get BIGBIGCHLOBEAR hug, as she deserved :)

That's going to be quite the wait.

Rachel can be labeled as hot, attractive, beautiful but she's not cute at all.

Was okay for about 3.5 episodes despite some things making me scratch my head (like, for example, how come two healthy able bodied teenagers didn't try to get a job in order to leave the town), then it went downhill trying to fit two major plots into one, tonally and thematically contradicting itself, putting too big of an emphasis on Max's powers instead of simply leaving them as a convenient plot device that nobody really mentions, didn't deliver on my expectations of the storm either not being connected at all to time travel or the ending depending on how frivolous you were with rewinds, opting to go for a binary ending instead.

Basically, it made me regret ever caring about a game. And that was right after I finished Undertale, too. Mistakes were made.

Rachel is a masterpiece, she was sculpted by gods

Let's talk about these "cut" scenes in earlier episode 1 & episode 2 built.

-About Taylor thing: Weirdly enough, this girl was gonna be a lickspittle of Chloe and even in game files, there were implications that this girl was kinda hitting on Chloe too. Tries to talk with her constantly even Chloe wasn't hanging out at those times etc. The reason why they cut her from game though, to avoid these inconsistency arguments.

-About cut Neighbour scene (with truck) : I guess with this info, I will drop a bomb here heh... Anyway, I have already mentioned you that Chloe's truck was gonna be fixed in earlier events. Rather than "walking" to Rachel's house, they were gonna go there with Chloe's truck and whole conversation (yes damn, even kiss scene) was gonna happen there; with Chloe's truck/ under the lights. When Rachel got into her house they were gonna get busted again and forced to being in diner. The reason why they cut this is obviously add the latter chapter more screentime for developing truck. In a panic moment

-Remember, before episode 1 released I have already told you that Steph was gonna be into girls and "could" be into Chloe. During development, devs changed it; rather than being friendzoned figure to Chloe; they put her there as "sister material" for Chloe. And even if she seems into Rachel she is not rival and actually her existence triggers romance between Rachel and Chloe, she there to help Chloe, this is why she supports her no matter what.

+++
-As you all know THEY CUT selling weed to drama kids (and prior to this confrontation with skeevy guys to leave more stuff for future chapter).. we were also gonna have same interaction with cringy guy in tempest backstage with other npcs instead of parking lot. Later, they decided to put that cringy guy to the parking lot but context didn't change. They also cut Steph's being at tempest (advice scene was gonna happen there). We were gonna see Mikey and Drew's dad at backstage and depending on our choices earlier we could have "not nice" conversation with him.

-Throwing David's car from the cliff was also a real thing, as Zak confirmed. But it was gonna create an inconsistency, they changed this idea immediately.

totally cute

Extra stuff about Episode 3 and why did they cut *that part* in dream sequence? :

As I told you before, that thing Max's physically appearence in dream sequencemay be or may not be released. They chose to cut it because their original intention was gonna either making her talk or either seeing her *physically* -which was they were gonna go with. Though, they found this unnecessary and kept that character's presence for future episode. Ah, but it's not like you won't feel that character's presence in nightmare still. You just don't see her physically and while talking.

About scene labelization; remember I mentioned about some rumours and some user's assumption about we are gonna start the game at Amber's house, I told him it was pretty much hitting nail on the head. I also my source also saying the same thing with betatester so. yes, it's certainly confirmed that Rachel and Chloe will spend the night together and you can expect some coughhotromanticcough moments in there too

>she's not cute at all

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>Basically, it made me regret ever caring about a game. And that was right after I finished Undertale, too. Mistakes were made.
Story of my life
Except I finished Undertale like a week after EP5
Amazing how much better it was in comparison

i will send some user's post from earlier threads. i really liked it and is pretty accurate desu;

''No Below'' song really points out Chloe/Max's relationship - and how Max (old friend,who knew her best) abandoned Chloe (got ditched; freezing) and after this Chloe was thinking she was better off just being dead without her old friend (Max). Then she met Rachel and saw how she feels same as her. How she once said she was better off just being dead until she doesn't her know yet. Finally found *that person* who understands and know her.

>I didn't know you when you were a kid
>But swimming with you, it sure feels like I did

And these lines are also talking about being frozen in ice earlier in the song. Then at the end when she says this, she's saying the ice melted and they're (Rachel and Chloe) are swimming in the water.

What class would Rachel play in DnD?

The only class worth playing.

Prostitute

Chaos mage, how is that even a question.
Or maybe some chaos mage/bard hybrid

Good answer.
If you'd happen to change your mind about the thing I asked before, drop your contact info to [email protected]
And don't worry about things you mentioned earlier, I understand them as well. We could just talk about the game whenever it's ok.

So a Rogue?
Should have taken Great Fortitude, bitch. See you in pass out land.

>So a Rogue?
user, please. We're in Arcadia Bay, not Betancuria City. Rogues are not for bullying or dicking.

Awwww last line is metaphorically, really good

I have always assumed that it was a depressed song yet it totally isn't.

the original LiS for 'choices matter'

lol

Why is Victoria such an frustrated, closeted homosex
She should just get laid

She's very socially conscious. At the party she'll basically admit that Max is right that they should/could be friends.

That is exactly how I interpreted it too.

These lyrics totally sound like they could have been written by Chloe talking about Rachel too:

>You didn't know me, but you got cold, too
>And your mind was heavy, and you thought you might lose it
>Well everything fucked up, we both felt before
>I'm glad for it all if it got us where we are
>With you in the boat there, I almost forgot
>How I once said I was better off just being dead
>Better off just being dead, I didn't know you yet
>And you might've said, you were better off just being dead
>But I'm looking out for you, my friend, I'm looking

I almost have to wonder if the story was written around this song for it to be that incredibly fitting. Sadie Dupuis has even said in interviews that the song sounds dark, but she actually wrote it to cheer up a friend. A friend that she met as a teenager who saved her from an alienated adolescence.

Sounds familiar.

This is super Max. Say something nice about her

She looks kind of like Ellen Middleton from Magical Diary, and I really like that game.

Not sure you'll enjoy talking to a socially retarded ESL, but eh, I feel like making questionable life decisions today.

yeah so cool.
by the way like leaker said, when Rachel/Chloe visited each others' rooms, songs which have romantic vibes will play so they will probably use Daughter or something like they did with Broods

Top tier filename, user.

Victoria is not for bullying.

Beloved by Chloe Price.

She's tenacious. Also lol at my captcha image

I love you, Max

silence... why?

Alejandro: "As far as I know, the LIS TV show is still happening."

Blackwell Podcast: "Have you guys thought about implementing decisions you make in BTS carrying over into LIS?"

Alejandro: We haven't really thought about that. Dontnod has moved on from S1 to S2. D9...uh...I think it'd be lovely for decisions from the prequel to carry over.

Alejandro: "If you listen to Burn it Down, it fits perfectly for both Chloe and Rachel. Everyone has high expectations of Rachel. But you see her admit to Chloe that she just wants to be herself. Finding Chloe is that person that makes Rachel feel different."

Zak: "We didn't intend to deliberately have Samantha represent autism but she does show signs of being...on the spectrum... Nathan's a character whom people in the fandom have diverse opinions about. Samantha was a way to explore that"

Zak: "When creating Rachel we wanted someone who could take Chloe out of her grief, out of her belief that there was nothing good in her life and that she didn't deserve to feel happy anymore. We wanted you to watch Chloe change and grow and become capable of caring about something, about someone. Someone who would empower her to transmute all the pain that she's been feeling for years into strength, so that she can be strong for Rachel, someone who hasn't needed other people to be strong for her before."

Zak: "For the Tempest, we wanted the player to feel how Chloe would feel as Rachel swept her off her feet. It says something about Rachel that's she's so comfortable and confident on stage that she's willing to turn the scene of the school play, in front of everyone, into a moment that will make Chloe feel special. In the next scene, we see that love consummated."

Please only send Zak's words after this.
The others are unnecessary, don't have enough information anyway

i hope that tv show never sees the light of day

Hella awesome and proof there is still good in the world

Christian Divine: I chose to let Warren beat up Nathan, so he could have his alpha moment. A scary alpha movement too, it shows Warren's got something pretty hardcore inside him too.

Christian Divine: Max being autistic is up to how the players played the game. There's no canon for describing all the characters.

Christian Divine: I was surprised that the omelette or waffle choice was so difficult for people. I prefer omelette's and waffles to pancakes.

What's Chloe's fav food?

When you're posting this, you might want to reorder it so that the quote about Samantha is at the bottom, making it so that Alejandro's quote leads smoothly into Zak's - quote user

Michel/Luc: We can't say anything about S2.

Michel/Luc: The flag in Chloe's room was originally going to have swear words written all over it ("the worst swear word even") but Square said no. So we placed it upside down as a different form of protest.

Michel/Luc - Regarding, cut content (escaping from the hospital): "It was planned for EP5 to have Max escape from Hospital to save Joyce and Warren, like she saves people when she's walking through the town. But we found it wasn't necessary in the end".

Luc: My favorite scene is waking up in Chloe's room in EP3 and deciding. To me it speaks to the core of the game, which is to enjoy the moment.

Michel: What would we change about the game? We're really happy with the game we made, I don't think we would like to change much things. I think in EP5, we could've improved Jefferson's monologue in the dark room because it's a bit long. I think, like in the game, you shouldn't look back into the past and try to change things.

Michel: We chose blue hair for Chloe because we liked the look.

Michel: We were surprised about the polarized reaction to Warren. He was just a regular teenager with hormones, trying to flirt and being pushy...and slightly creepy. He's just a general portrayal of most male teenagers in this situation. Ultimately though, he is a good person with good intentions.

Michel: I relate to Warren in that he made mistakes in the past but is ultimately a good person. I really like him.

Michel: "Idk where Chloe got her necklace"

Michel: The homeless lady was just a homeless lady.

Max.

booty

Ass.

Ooh la la!

begone michel

Goooood point

I actually kinda feel bad about taking space with this again BUT it's fresh and there are still people who havent seen it so if we post it for 2-3 threads it shouldnt be that bad right

>when Rachel/Chloe visited each others' rooms, songs which have romantic vibes will play
I'm so ready for this.

Although I don't know if I would say Daughter has many romantic songs.

How is the so cute? It defies science and should probably be illegal.
The cutest couple in Arcadia Bay, Seattle, wherever the go, and in every timeline (however many there may be)

Michel: Regarding the endings, we always planned for 2 endings. We really wanted this final choice, the whole game was building up to this choice, who is more important: Chloe or the people in the town? You have to sacrifice something.

We think growing up and having to choose to sacrifice something was really important. If you want to grow up you have to sacrifice something.

We are still happy with the endings. I know some don't like them, but they're still how we want them to be. Maybe they're imperfect but you have to choose to sacrifice something and deal with it. It's what we wanted, that bittersweet not perfect ending, you can't have everything. Even with time travel, you can't have a perfect ending and a perfect life. In real life, we can never have it perfect. The game expands on this.

When you sacrifice the town, some asked why there's no epilogue. We didn't want to decide for players what happened after. YOU'RE LEAVING THE DAY AFTER THE STORM (he didn't shout this)

so no new info from frenchucks but only damage control. gotcha

gotcha

Maybe it's Maybelline.

But seriously, I agree with everything you said.

Blackwell Podcast: Bay or Bae?

Luc: Bae

Michel: Bay or Bae? It's a hard one. I think both are great ways to decide...it's easy for me to choose bay.

Christian: (paraphrased) Both exist. Both are canon. Given the tentative idea of time travel, there could be parallel universes.

Michel: He's not wrong (when told Christian's answer).

Michel: The supernatural elements were not the main force of the story. They're there to strengthen the story and the characters, it's not a sci-fi game but it made the game bigger because of the supernatural elements.

>Michel: "It was so ez for me to choose Bay. Because I wrote that ending and I added more tragedy into it:)"
>Luc: "Bae."
>Philosopher Divine: "Both are canon. Both do exist. Time travel, Mari's theories,Paralel universes my man you get it? Yeah we didn't explain this shit in-game but who cares. Make your own headcanon"
>Michel: "Mhmm. I agree Divine on there, he isn't wrong"
This shit will always get me whenever this gets posted.
When will they admit that they fucked up tho? On the doomsday?

Reworded version:
This way, you can have all the stuff related to ep5 in one post.

user said it might have been a fake quote so I removed it :(

Well, fuck. That sucks.

Good post.

"Not that Chloe's favourite food will save her from learning how to grow up haha" - The French

These interviews really show the stark difference in passion between the two development teams.

Whenever someone asks Zak a question he gives a huge, thought out, profound answer that gives us insight into not only his visions of the story but insight into how the characters actually feel, and the meaning behind even the smallest intricacies.

Michel gets asked a question, like about the necklace, and he literally is just like "lol idk".

That, my friends, is the difference between someone who writes to get paid and someone who writes because he is genuinely passionate about the subject he is writing about.

Actually they have one named "Hope" , "All I wanted" they will use this Hope, for example at the heart of the matter, when romantic scenes happen too . But this will not be the only one, there will be some other song which will they use from different artist -like Broods

Thanks for the quotes. He really described their relationship very well.

check mail

Hope *will play at***the heart of the matter (stupid phone)

Headcanon that Chloe Price's favorite food is indeed spiced rice