/2hug/ - Touhou General - 65

All Youkai are
Previous thread: >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>Fangames pastebin
pastebin.com/CkevyNjm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=THleZTFIOE4
youtube.com/watch?v=8dHMVmhBogk
youtube.com/watch?v=BBtSp1EZdI8
youtube.com/watch?v=9KqVdSnuEWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1dJA_YLSPz0
exhentai.org/g/1147711/89c50bc5bf/
steamspy.com/app/745880
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Amanojacute

Threadly reminder.

youtube.com/watch?v=THleZTFIOE4
Music

Amanojacute can be cute when she focuses on doing cute things instead of doing non cute things like shitposting.

Shh.

Amanojacute?
More like Amanojaculate!

It's called funposting

I love /2hug/!

No way, nerd, how am I ever going to be acknowledged by anyone in Gensokyo if I'm just a plain ass human unless I eventually stray off the path of humanity anyway by becoming a Magician or picking up some crazy power that's on par with high-tier Youkai?

Reimu, Sanae, Sakuya and Marisa manage.

Amanojacute!

Marisa's HM theme is the best Marisa theme
youtube.com/watch?v=8dHMVmhBogk

It's only funposting when I'm the one funposting!
Fuck off faggot, we're a manly general and we don't """love""" each other.

>unless I eventually stray off the path of humanity anyway by becoming a Magician or picking up some crazy power that's on par with high-tier Youkai?

I prefer Dim. Dream or the original Witches' Ball. but Magus Night is good too

youtube.com/watch?v=BBtSp1EZdI8
youtube.com/watch?v=9KqVdSnuEWQ

Making the Amanojacutie Amanojaculate!

I'm gonna love you tenderly, buddy

It would make way more sense for Akyuu to alternately become biased and unbiased while writing her book now wouldn't it? Also, one of her spellcard "Great Magic "Devil's Recitation"", is this a mistranslation too?

That second one is nice. I like it, but I believe I still prefer the HM version of Magus.
It has a lot of fun energy that I really like, just like Marisa!

Reposting.
>It would make much more sense for Akyuu to alternately become biased and unbiased while writing her book now wouldn't it
This is what people are? Sometimes you're biased against, sometimes you're biased for, sometimes you don't care. If the print works were written in ZUN's point of view, we wouldn't have this issue. But they are narrated by a third party, Akyuu, Marisa or whoever, so they of course carry their bias.
>is this a mistranslation too?
No, it's just a reference to Shinki, goddess of Makai. The original even includes the kanji for god. It doesn't refer to Byakuren herself.

O-ok, as longs as it's manly love!

Well HM's one is based on her GFW theme, which is ZUN struggling to remember the original Witches Ball.
youtube.com/watch?v=1dJA_YLSPz0

I know. that's just why I prefer the HW arrange of it.
It's alright, but it's a tad too intense for my liking. I dunno maybe I just prefer the folky feeling. It's nice.

I just wish Dim. Dream actually had some good mixes, I can only find like one or two covers of it.

I too would be biased and unbiased when writing a very short article about something. Why would Byakuren even attributed one of her spellcard to Shinki? Is Shinki related to Buddhist? No. Is Shinki canon? No. Does it makes more sense Byakuren attributed to something that have a connection to Makai(not Hokkai specifically) rather than the very nature of her black magic? No.

Is she dumber than Cirno?

Arguably about the same intellect wise.

Not him, but PC-98 is both canon and non-canon. It's not entirely retconned yet, but can change at any moment if/when ZUN needs to play with it.

Unyu!

What are those disgusting blobs of fat on my cute wife's chest?

I like Okuu's design too much to think of her as a big idiot.
I remember first learning of 2hu and seeing that design. I thought she was some big badass mastermind.

>Why would Byakuren even attributed one of her spellcard to Shinki?
Because Shinki was the final boss of MS, which took place in Makai, and Byakuren's spell is a replica of Shinki's attack. It's a reference, a throwback, nothing more.

Does it make more sense to attribute something that we aren't sure to be canon than the very nature of Byakuren's magic?

I'm more concerned why she's wearing a translucent slip my dude. Everyone else is wearing normal pajamas and there she is in lingerie like a lewd vampire.

A bit, but cirno is worse

I like how she went from the most popular shit in 2008 to a literal who nowadays

Remilia is a lewd vampire.

Reminder that the humans created the ultimate "spell card" and it isn't being controlled by some bird who's probably too dumb to pronounce "proliferation"

Manly love!

Chances are she knows her shit when it comes to Flame Regulation and likely became proficient enough to properly use Nuclear Power, but her lack of general understanding regarding unfamiliar concepts, Soku showing she can be forgetful even in the middle of things, and being somewhat easy to manipulate are her only real signs of being a bit dumb.
Nowhere near as dimwitted as a fairy, though.

If Sumireko is any indication literally any outside worlder can participate in a spell card duel by bringing their CC with them.

Probably secondaries latching onto the most visible character at the time. Since that's around when SA and Soku got released isn't it?

She’s still pretty popular, but it’s declining

2hu works in fads like all things. Some 2hus just happen to stick around in relevancy longer than others. Some are just eternally relevant.
Who is the fad 2hu right now? I'd have thought it would be/still be Clownpiece since I don't see much about any of 16's touhous. then again my only knowledge of this is based on how much I see since I don't go actively looking.

Probably the LoLK trio I'd say. Since nobody gives a fuck about HSiFS' cast except for like that one guy who like Okina around.

Maybe she's just a Nuclear/Thermonuclear otaku and knows everything there is to know about it, but she has the same love for it that a Pyromaniac has for fire. Which is to say she wishes to see it and use it in any chance she can.

So what's holding Oku back? Just not being relevant? What keeps the EoSD characters being relevant that Okuu lacks?

What's you opinion on the unofficial stuff made by official manga artists?
exhentai.org/g/1147711/89c50bc5bf/

Okuu is held back because of no big flash cartoon that showcased her, or something to exploit.

Being in only a single game as a final stage boss and a fighting game character. Unlike Sakuya, Reisen or Youmu who are playable and appear in multiple games.

She's got plenty for me to exploit, if you know what i mean.

Explain further.

Seniority is the most important factor, but aside from that, Sakuya making continued playable appearances, Remilia being her Youkai Partner in IN, EoSD being the bulk of characters to pick from when IaMP came out since it was still early into the series, and the fact that the SDM Crew is just too damn flexible for fanworks.
Satori and her pets just don't have a lot of that, Okuu at best getting to be playable in Soku and Koishi only got to the levels she reached by being Green Flandre and then becoming playable in HM, ULiL and now AoCF.

Shit. I just realized the new firefox quantum broke my login plugin. Fuuuuck. Fuck me.

The EoSD crew were simply the first windows characters and vampires are always popular. They also got a lot of exposure in games after EoSD and in the mangas.

Just replace the x with a -, it's on E-hentai too.

>needing a login plugin

I wanna hook her up to my home's electric grid and siphon off a (relatively for her) insignificant portion of her fusion energy every night, so i can live off the grid!

I'd only hook her up while she was sleeping, though, so the energy output is lower and she wouldn't feel restrained.

I've only read Aki Eda and Hirasaka Makoto's doujin works so far, and they were both enjoyable.

>using firefox
>updating firefox
>needing a plugin in the first place
There's three different reasons to laugh at you, user.
Go and log in to e-hentai, it just works.

So the question is: when do we get to play as Okuu?
No really I'd fucking love to play as her.

>Sakuya gets her own fan game
>It's amazing and beautiful and everyone is voiced.
To be fair, Sakuya is simple but very effective. I completely understand why she's everywhere.

Ah I understand, thank you for explaining user.
that still sounds kinda mean.

She's in a fighting game.

That's not the issue. My favorites are on ex and I don't have them all downloaded.

>Go and log in to e-hentai, it just works
Not for me. I just logged into their forums and jack shit happened. I guess it's time to sudoku or back to editing cookies.

She's playable in Soku, but that's it until you tread into fangame territory.

Think they mean official works. Like a mainline game

For me, it's the Byakuren. The best Touhou character.

Sakuya user pls, but otherwise I doubt we'll get to play Okuu except in fan games, like Sanae fusion. She just can't really be relevant and doesn't have enough of a following to really be anywhere, especially since ZUN doesn't want to give Soku characters a spotlight in AoCF. We're pretty much only getting from DDC or LoLK.

New update fucked up Veeky Forums X for me, X needs to restart every time I leave a tab

>Sakuya user
I'm actually not that user. I legitimately love that design a lot. At least the torso upwards.

It is a really great design, I cannot even argue that.
>only like the torso up
>not liking her head to toe
wow what a nerd.

That too. Christ why can't I ever have nice things. I just wanted to get drunk and watch some random crap. Now I have this shit to deal with first.

>We're pretty much only getting from DDC or LoLK.
S-sooner or later they'll think of those characters that were considered for Soku and get around to them like Mokou and Nitori, r-right...?

>We're pretty much only getting from DDC
Yeah like Shinmyoumaru and ... Shinmyoumaru and..

Wriggle and Kaguya will be in AoCF, screencap this.

Maybe in another decade when there's a third batch of fighters. But otherwise lol nope, Rumia and them are too irrelevant to put into AoCF.

Mokou has those chinese reaction images, so she’s fine. Plus exposure from lots of artists got her pretty popular. Nitori is another case, but she’s one of my favorites just from the technology and her being a kappa

I like the design, but I don't like the game's artstyle, Kojima's artstyle doesn't work very well with character's that were designed with a more Japanese artstyle in mind

Good morning 2hug, I can't wait to try to 1cc UBA again, in the meantime here's a new 2hu face hot from the presses.

>Sakuya user
Wew like the 7th time i've been confused for in total. I like it.

Amen, KD designs are fucking top notch as I've said they're the best in it's class. And though I think Remilia or Raymoo has the best design out of them all Sakuya's is fucking fantastic as well. The voice actor fits her perfectly too as well.

Shame about the studio though, anyone have their contact info? Maybe it's worth a shot to suggest them to have them put their game on steam now that ZUN is okay with it.

Also these threads are starting to move autistically fast, like we are not that far off from the more faster generals at this rate. Guess we can thank steam for that.

I'm going to wholeheartedly disagree with you there user. I think it works wonderfully.

I would but those legs though, senpai.

I can understand this. but I do like the effort they put into it.
Even if things don't look too fitting. I can always admire the work put into it by their creator.

Is their game free? I don't look into the fangames enough to know if monetization of his characters are allowed or not.
I would like to see it on Steam though.

Did anyone figure out the name of the artist for that 2hu game?

Show me your Character sort

I think Koumajou Densetsu was being sold when it was first released, granted it was at Comiket at the time. Otherwise ZUN has given full permission for 2hu fangames to be put on steam if I remember correctly.

I wouldn't say we're keeping pace really, especially since we only have a low IP count, I think we're just having more intense discussion at the moment.

*blocks your path*
easily the second best stage 4

Any official statements from ZUN about how the sales on Steam have been going?

I think it's fine to monetize a fan game just as long as you ask ZUN first, there's like 3 fan games on PS4 and one on Switch, all of which are EoSD themed

>second
Good taste. The first one is DDC, right?

Supposedly he sold like 20k copies the first days which must have left him too many thousands of dollars

That's pretty gud.
Off the topic of money and on to something else, how much does it usually cost for the production of one of the 2hu mainline games?
I wouldn't reckon that much.

Managed to get a better angle shot on Cirno

>Is their game free?
It was sold at Comiket later in a 1+2 pack so no. But I would love thier game on steam, it's a fine addition to anybody looking to try out their first 2hu fangame and the devs deserve every penny they can get.

Still working on trying to reach that sweet credits theme, and then we'll have to rely on this translator being able to pick up on it

Well we had 73 Ips last thread, but that's fairly average for us now that you mention it. So what is causing our exponential increase in autism?

steamspy.com/app/745880
Game sold about 20k copies you're right, assuming ZUN gets 50% of all sales that's a really nice paycheck.

The fighting games are official though.

Well, a quick google shows there's about 19,000 people who currently own the game, so I'd say he did pretty good after normies refunded the game.

flandre is cute.

sauce on that yuuka

Hecatia!

That's just PC-98 Yuuka.

I mean on the image, senpai.

>No Blonde Yama

Missed opportunities.

sux

Sudoku is off the table. I remembered how to fiddle with the cookies to get my exhentai-fix. Like a caveman. Oh well. Time to get plastered.