Classic WoW General /cwg/

Emerald Dream Edition

https clips twitch tv SingleOddDiscBleedPurple

Is it the original code?
>We've got an old build that's up and running that we're using for reference. Most of this job is going to be infrastructure: making sure everything can work on a more modern setup.

Why run it on a modern setup?
>Classic WoW has all kinds of bugs and problems, it has all kinds of exploits and hacks that everyone knows about. We think we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good. The infrastructure is how we spin up instances and continents, how the database works.

Is this being done by the retail WoW team?
>We’re going to hire people specifically for this job, and we’re going to staff it with people who are interested in bringing back Classic WoW in the best, most authentic way.

When is the release date?
>We actually don't know when we're going to release it. I know that's a generic answer that we give for all of our Blizzard titles, but with this one, we don't actually know how long it will take. This is a massive effort.

>Sources:
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions
pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

>Vanilla Resources:
db.vanillagaming.org/
vanilla-wow.wikia.com/
realmplayers.com/
vanillaradar.com/

>Guides:
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=668429222

>Private Server if you can't wait (also see /lhg/):
lightshope.org/

>Addons:
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14478364
us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759497287?page=2#post-31
youtube.com/watch?v=j6idVDFNZJU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMOtjgGYO0
forum.elysium-project.org/topic/52588-a-grizzly-situation-feral-druid-1121-pve-tanking-and-dps-by-elicas-of-crestfall/
youtube.com/watch?v=xeUhSjuhQYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

strawpoll.me/14478364
What faction are you playing on Everyst?

probably alliance, pally blessings are too fucking good

hoard

why is the thread so dead tho?

Everyone shitposts in /lhg/ go there

shilling everyst in /lhg/ and alexhomosexuals youtube comment section

cocaine

>Waiting 2 years to clear a raid in 24 minutes
baka

Who are you quoting?

maybe some day you'll be able to infer meaning

It's a simple question.

>vanilla guide on youtube
>kid who made the video wasn't even a sperm in his father's balls when wow was released
>video 'content' is paraphrasing google "research" about the game
>hundreds of thousands of views

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759497287?page=2#post-31
This is either the gayest or most real thing I have ever read about this game

we know who alex is

Why not both?

Me and my friends literally spent the first five days of launch exploring Teldrassil. I think we spent hours in the Twisted Hatred cave and were so excited when we found a treasure chest in there. One of us had found a skinning trainer and became a skinner and it was the most amazing thing possible, even though we didn't know what it meant. When we finally found Darkshore (probably by accident) I remember we saw a character wearing a cloak that came down to his waist. We all assumed he must be some ultra-powerful god-player because of how long his cloak was. I distinctly remember getting on the boat to Menethil (again, probably by accident) and having a mindorgasm realizing just how huge the world actually was.

Keep in mind we weren't six year olds we were in our mid-teens, only we'd never seen a game like it before and just immersed ourselves in the zone. Also it wasn't entirely clear what you were supposed to do in the game or if you were in fact supposed to do anything at all other than 'adventure'.

youtube.com/watch?v=j6idVDFNZJU

desu there's such a huge difference between what people expected from the game in 2004 and now. nobody started playing WoW because they wanted to join a pro team and stream themselves doing raiding/arena minigames at a competitive level.

reading this actually choked me up
is perfect
absolutely perfect

Vanilla didn't have loot hallways or bad level desig-

release when?

late 2018/early 2019

but i want it NOW

Official person who knows what they are talking about FUN power rankings by class:

PvP:
ELDER GOD NO CONTEST #1 - Dagger Rogue in full pvp spec - the way this game was meant to be fucking played

POWER GAP

Hunter, at least until BWL comes out and they can't shit on everyone anymore
Warlock, and after it gets a good amount of stamina/gear it becomes #2 or even #1 maybe

POWER GAP

Paladin with engineering (without it it's meme tier because of lack of mobility)
Balance/Resto or Feral/Resto Druid - not as cool because no burst but you kite the living shit out of everyone and are almost as survivable as warlocks/paladins
Elemental/resto Shaman - Highest burst in the game but you die almost as easily as a warrior
Shadow Priests - really fucking fun but priest is only the most fun in a group, can get kited really really easily, need engineering even more than paladins do
Pve spec Holy Paladins, Rogues, Warlocks are still pretty fun in pvp

POWER GAP

Every other class outside of pvp spec

MARIANA FUCKING TRENCH SIZED GAP AND THEN 6,000 FEET BELOW THAT - WARRIOR

NEWSFLASH WARRIOR PVP SUCKS COCK DON'T BELIEVE THEIR LIES

next post i'll do PvE and overall

>ELDER GOD NO CONTEST #1 - Dagger Rogue in full pvp spec
a t1 pally can ass blast this into the ground

PvE raiding fun rankings now.

>Healing
Resto Shaman without a single doubt is number 1. Chain heal and the sheer number and diversity of totems for every situation is really fun to play. Lots of things to keep track of, you have HoT's/AoE heal with totems, single target burst heal, and then obviously chain heal the best healing spell in the game.

Pretty big power gap after that but Priest is the closest. All around best healer, spells for every single situation, if you don' want to worry about buffing all the time this is also easy mode so there's that too (unless you're alliance and a dwarf). You can skillcap it and be the best healer or you can be lazy and still produce more than most other healers.

Druid comes after that mostly because you can also be a semi-resto healer and dps or even tank when you aren't healing. If you're doing that it could be the most fun pve spec in game, fully utilizing the extent of your hybrid class. If you're just a tranny playing the worst healer being full resto every raid, and god forbid you have more than 1-2 resto druids in your raid its not fun at all.

Paladin is easily the most boring pve healer. You're usually assigned to tanks and you spam 1-2 spells, as well as having to rebuff every fucking 15 minutes (basically ~13 minutes since it takes so long to rebuff).

Ran out of room so DPS Power Rankings next post.

This isn't about rock paper scissors and which class is best or can beat what. Pvp spec rogue is the most fun thing you can be in this game and there isn't any doubt about that. Paladin's get rekt by kiting classes which isn't fun at all. Being a healslut for another better more fun pvp class can be nice if you enjoy that but that's it. 5/10 wouldn't recommend.

tell that to me after 10 minutes of bleed kiting

Does faggatoflash have Furor in this? I can't tell I am not good with computer.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMOtjgGYO0

I forgot mages. Mages in pvp are really fun for their burst, need gear for it, say zandalarian hero charm and/or the equivalent BWL drop though, then you're really styling. They can be on the level of warlock/hunter in that scenario, most often they are just above paladin with engineering tier though. Pve spec mage is also fucking awful.

>DPS
UNDISPUTED #1. Horde Rogue - windfury plus vanish means you get all the benefits and none of the threat issues, you can go fucking ham and you don't need to worry about CC. You also have a pretty good diversity between dagger/sword rogues, and decent spread of specs to choose from because of that.

2. Shadow Priest and Hunter - High skill cap, a rotation you actually have to pay attention to if you want to perform which is pretty engaging. Also hunter kiting is cool, you may not get to do it very often though, and hunters also get to do pulling in dungeons on occasion which is nice.
2a Fury/offtank - You get to tank sometimes which is fun, but you don't have all the responsibility of a full time prot and can just enjoy doing heaps of fucking damage, particularly alliance side but windfury means horde is also fun.
3. Powershifting feral druid - only seen this done to be absolutely honest but it looks engaging as hell
4. Retribution paladin - It may not be very good but it definitely can be fun.

P O W E R G A P

9001. Never play a warlock if you plan on raid logging. OH BOY GET TO SPAM SHADOWBOLT/FROSTBOLT/FIREBALL A GORILLION TIMES NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!
900000000000000000000000000001. Enhancement Shaman - at least

Tanking:
Prot pally with ironfoe/quel serrar - You're not very good at your job but you'll damn well have fun doing it.
Prot warrior MAIN TANK - You are King Bull. End of discussion really. If you're in a shit guild you may yell a lot though which can make this not fun.
Feral/Prot offtank
Fury off tank - Tanking without shield slam/defiance sucks at times, you don't do very much threat.

can one play bear druid from fresh and be in a main raid team?

yes

Yes. I've seen like 5 feral bear druids throughout both factions. If you gear yourself up almost every guild will take you. Nobody wants to be 3rd or 4th prot, because basically that means gearing up as fury as well. The gear for bear/kitty is very very similar so you can easily just dps fights, which is valuable especially when you have content on farm when you only need like 2 prots full time.

Also on Horde there's no tranny night elves to pick up the slack so they'll take you purely to get druids in for Mark of the Wild and to make sure Druid drops aren't wasted which is another thing on your side.

Go for it senpai.

Thanks senchipai.

Going off my own rankings these are the classes I'm considering between for Classic:

Rogue
Druid
Priest (with the intention of going shadow), but only if I get to level with a friend, can't bring myself to wand all the way to 60 fuck that right up the asshole

Oh and I mean thtat as in PERSONALLY seen 5 bear druids, in raids I've done. I'm sure there are more. Also I'm pretty sure the highest TPS on vael on Light's Hope/Elysium was a druid which is interesting, forget which guild I saw that raid it was linked in Pupper Pals gchat a while ago.

>ELDER GOD NO CONTEST #1 - Dagger Rogue in full pvp spec - the way this game was meant to be fucking played
Hemo is way better.

interesting. i'm a wrathbaby so i've played feral since 2008. was late bc feral/wotlk similar to classic feral? any tips on what to gear up on? i assume just stam/agi leather gear. also any tips on spec? do i go for omen of clarity or straight down to feral instinct for agro so i can tank 5 mans early?

>Hemo
>fun
pick one

forum.elysium-project.org/topic/52588-a-grizzly-situation-feral-druid-1121-pve-tanking-and-dps-by-elicas-of-crestfall/

I love that with Rogue people actually can argue about which spec is best for which situation even to this day. Other classes you already have your shit figured out 100%.

>forum.elysium-project.org/topic/52588-a-grizzly-situation-feral-druid-1121-pve-tanking-and-dps-by-elicas-of-crestfall/
thanks. i fucking hate having to sift through 20 different guides.

just gay
he probably plays on moonglade

AND BEHIND ME will be the rogues, who can not spell their own class, who are left behind. And I will say LOLrogue. They will say "YOU ARE THE RET?? I HAVE BEEN PEW PEWED" and cry. I will toss them a 34 crit heal and solemnly say "Yes, I am the ret, it is time for me to go now, because I have raid bosses to pew." In their anguish and keyboard turning, their A and D keys will explode, leaving them POWERLESS and UNABLE TO MOVE LEFT OR RIGHT - then, we strike in unison.

>cheap shot
>attack backstab whatever
>kidney shot
>attack backstab whatever
>gouge
>restealth
>lets do it again

> kidney shot
do you have 5/8 t1 for this?

How would you feel if they wanted to include cut content like Azshara Crater?

Delicious vanilla itemization.

Some rogues love stylish things, what is wrong with that?

Perfect tauren hunter legs

banilla iz berfect zenbai

>spirit is a stat that continually affects your life and mana regen rate
>oh wait, no it isn't lol, we made it mana only and put in a 5-second rule but left in the spirit gear

go play bfa if you want stats that make sense-

DEC 1 FRESH

everystwow.com

FUC KYA

pure banilla.

So dont get your succubus

It's shit for leveling

>not making 5 warlocks group and reducing everything to 0 on your way
its like you don't even want to play on a pvp server

>log onto everyst
>3 other people playing

why did I let you guys meme me into thinking this would be the next nost?

*trembling*

PFFT BITCH, I'M A MAGE

youtube.com/watch?v=xeUhSjuhQYE

>the beta
nobody plays betas on private servers my dude
>the next nost
uhh lets fuckin hope not wreathe said he would consider only registering out of discord from 3k pop onwards

1. succi's really aren't needed that early
2. you'll need to walk to these places one day anyway to get the flight paths, so it's not a waste

Who was in the wrong here?

Posted in the other thread but I'll ask here as well: what's one spec/build you think every newfag should try once? I've only leveled a Human Paladin before and want to try something fresh to help me decide what I'm going to roll once Classic drops.

>dead thread
>dead servers
Face it vanillacucks, it's time to submit to retailchads

y-yes master

Daily reminder, we're all rolling on Everyst to have fun leveling before actual vanilla servers save our souls one last time.

everyst is going to be better and closer to real Vanilla than Classic wow.

>last post was 90 minutes ago
kek, you classicucks are getting rekt hard

and the last 2 posts are everyst posts hahaha

what happened classic bros?

Yeah thats pretty gay.
I did the same thing as a catababby and then did it again when I discovered private servers after quitting in legion.

is the drop rate alittle high is it just me on Everyst

everyst beta is 3x leveling with like 5x gold and items

it's 1x on release

>when retailkeks talk about vanilla

"I've played WoW since and I know this is a long post but and that's why my irrelevant opinion is somehow relevant!

Morgan Ladimore and Nathan Marris would actually be good names

Retard probably named him Orgrim Doomhammer Johnson which led to his inevitable suicide as he was bullied incessantly by his childhood peers

E V E R Y S T

>When's the release?
1st of December

>What patch will you release on?
We will be releasing on Patch 1.2 Mysteries of Maraudon with no Battlegrounds until 1.5 Battlegrounds, as it was on Retail.

>What are the server rates?
1x with the following exceptions:
Honor gained outside of Battlegrounds after Patch 1.5 set to 3.5x
Rested XP bonus accrual while in the Wilderness decreased by 20%
Rested XP bonus accrual while in an Inn/City/Tavern increased by 20%
Zone discovery XP set to 4x

>What about Classic servers?
Blizzard announced in November that they were in the process of "assembling a team" and that the project was a "massive undertaking". The consensus seems to be that legacy/Classic servers are at least a year away, if not more. Our current timeline reflects this and is tailored towards our earliest expected release of Classic servers, and will remain fluid as more information comes out.

This will be the last proper fresh server before classic wow.

DON'T MISS OUT ON THE FINAL FRESH BEFORE CLASSIC FRESH!

>asmongold hates LFR
>gets 24 of his 940+ ilvl viewers with Antorus experience to carry him through normal, knows no mechanics himself
holy kek is this the power of /ourguy/
I assume all the big streamers going for classic are going to just do the same there

Why aren't you playing on the #1 Czech Cataclysm server, Hades while you wait for classic?

EVERYST TIMELINE

>mechanics
I love how you people call dodging different type of fires "mechanics".
But yes, they will. Except actual old school players that did raid in vanilla.

quit after tbc. is that sort of dmg normal? or is it some pserver shenanigans

Gee can't wait to sit around for 4 months for the server to get good

You're not supposed to be able to summon more than one.

free game no bitching

Does anyone have the Gummy server design videos that he deleted after Blizz took down Felmyst?

Modern gamers think this is "bad game design".

agility = rap = extra wand damage

Antorus is confirmed to be worse than Dragon Soul, we fucking won bros.

>normal mode