/fg/ - Falcom General #128

bEstelle Edition

Previous thread: Tag the spoilers so the general doesn't die again.

> PS4 ports for CS1 and CS2 incoming

> Zwei II out on PC store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Are you ready for Trails of Cold Steel III, published by NIS America?

Lol no chance that's anything to do with trails

If that's CS3, I will declare my undying love for fucking Alisa

Calvard when?

Let's lewd Estelle.

Let's not.

Delete yourself. Estelle is not for lewd

remove yourself immediately, scum.

used goods.

Eat a nun?

Estelle is for sexual.

She's a good girl

>tfw you see how few expressions you have now

...for lewd.

Not for lewd

I know it's a stupid question but how much does Cold Steel allow me to
waifufag
I really like the gameplay and setting but this is kind of thing I'd like to know early to not fuck up like I did in P5.

Reminder that best Nu-grill ,already best teammate material than half older Rean's teammate

Do not lewd the Estelle

Cold Steel should've been about the adventures of Jusis, Rean, and their respective lolis. Lost potential.

God fucking dammit.

why is schera so sexy? will she ever return?

There's barely any Estelle lewds out there. Take the hint, no lewding.

We need more lewds of Estelle

I like how they seem to be judging you for being incompetent.

>implying you wouldn't do unspeakable sexual things to her given the chance

take some Elie instead

The first one? Not much at all. You get some scenes if you do events, but nothing super romantic or anything. The only one who gets the biggest chunk is Alisa, but she also gets it outside of events.

How do you lose with TWO halberd-using front liners?

She's already in Heimdallr at the end of Cs 3, so she'll show up in Last saga for sure.

So that's what Mariabelle was doing while she had Elie locked up.

It's not "losing". That thing supposed to be unbeatable, it's raid event. I almost reach my first million point but failed.

among other things

We didn't get Crossbell back!

>The first one> Not much at all.
I assume the sequel has a lot of it?
Also, does the console version of ToCS2 have japanese VA?

>a lot
It's still just a few events/scenes but they are more romantic.
No dual audio for you.

i see some lewds

I still can't get over the Evo art
Who the fuck think it looks better than this

Nips

>tfw no hungry nun wife

this is haram

The thought of being able to do lewd things to a nun sure gets me going.

Why didn't Cassius take Ragnard then fly to the Axis Pillar and beat the shit out of everyone?

Why didn't the team just ride Ragnard to the Axis Pillar?

Ragnard was bound by the oath until they gave "an answer to Aureole"

Just you wait /fg/ one day Gilbert will be a force to be reckoned with after he get a hold of a weapon from the Grandmaster!

I want to rape Estelle

Would you kill yourself if it means putting yourself in Zemuria at any place in the beginning of Sen/Sora/Zero?

Good Luck.

>i never played the game

I am Anton

>playing ancient game with slow gameplay
Cold Steel is where its at

No because Paradise was already gone by those times

Would I get upgraded? If not my life would probably be pretty boring...

If you need to form a party of 4 from any of the kiseki game, who will you pick?

You start out Sen 1 Rean tier.

Estelle, Laura, Fie, Olivier

Does that include edgy demon power?

Randy, Agate, Ash, Gaius
wild rage girl when?

No.

Tita, Renne, Tio, Fie

>Fie
old hag

That's good enough to cut the mustard as a bracer, so I'll take it.

You are now reminded that Falcom did the "accidentally falling on him with her boobs in his face thing" AGAIN in CS3

It worked better because Kurt and Juna have a better dynamic.

What the fuck ever, man. Falcom's games have always had dumb anime bullshit. If they didn't pander to otakus somehow, they would have died a miserable death ages ago.

>anime trope in anime game

>anime game

Jesus christ I realized almost every fucking line by character w/ portrait and all sidequest related ones in sora are voiced in Evolution. That must be a daunting task to record and for a game that sold less than 100k copies in Japan it seems pretty overkill desu

They went and voiced pretty much all the important stuff, and sidequests in the sky games. The Crossbell ones which were the first evo games made, only featured important scenes, or main quests voiced, sidequests didnt have that.

Trails games are art, so it seems worth it to me to create a definitive version of a masterpiece. Too bad it never got localized.

It's even crazier for PC visual novels, over there. Fully voiced with horrendus sales.

The definitive version for FC/SC are out there, just find the voice mod

PC + updated graphic + voice mod + old portrait (you can use Evo one if you want) + turbo mode. Though I wish they didn't voice those literal whos from sidequest. It gets tiring after awhile to listen since you probably read faster and tend to skip the voice anyway

Renne has the best voice

Hello, I'm just browsing Veeky Forums for new games to play but this general is confusing. What game or games is it exactly?

Everything that Falcom makes. Nobody cares about anything else than kiseki (and occassionally Ys) though

Fie, Noel, Renne, Kevin

Falcom makes many different types of games. Their most well-known are the Ys series (action games like competitors for zelda) and the Trails series (dense story-heavy RPGs)

>92.16%

>Editing will take a year

They'll release the unpolished version like before most likely, they do have to get through testing to see if everything's fine though.

Holy fucking shit. What the fuck is going on with this last fucking dungeon in Zero holy fucking fuck,

I played all of Sky and CS 1 and 2 and i have never encountered such a fucking obtuse and obnoxious and fucking completely unenjoyable area until now!!! I am on the fucking fourth layer and no matter where I go I wound up on the fucking third layer, where I have already been!!!

Where the FUCK am I supposed to go!?!?!?!? I can not figure it out. This entire rfucking dungeon is like this. Backtracking and backtracking and more backtracking. This fucking end dungeon has turned this game from a great game into a fucking garbage game in one fucking dungeon.

For the love of fucking god. What the fuck am I doing wrong!?!?!?!? Fuck.

That's being generous. Zero isn't even halfway edited yet, because no one on the team but Zerker ever does anything, and he only makes progress when he's not at school. Where are all the autistic neets who have nothing but time? That's who we need on this stuff.

U mad?

Yes. Extremely. Do you have anything productive to say!?

I am at a loss here. I have been struggling to finish Zero, even though I loved the game up until this final chapter. So I took a break, a couple months long, because I just wasn't enjoying it, and now, I am even more lost than before. It is extremely frustrating.

>brainlet in action
It's literally the best final dungeon design in the series.

Just use a guide lol

>autistic neets who have nothing but time
Right here. I don't know where to sign up, though, and i'm not even confident in my English. But if possible i'd like to take a look at the script before deciding to do anything.

Calm the fuck down, and tell me where exactly in the 4th layer you're at? Are you at the red liquid area, or the "we literally stepped into hell", and the revolving floor? If it's the floor area, just try to move it to a location that you couldn't acess prior and keep going until you unlock a shortcut, the rest should be fine, if it's the red liquid area, it looks confusing, but it's actually rather easy to get through.

If you see a valve to lower/raise water after you reached a new area, use it, you should be able to move forward, then pay attention to new paths you can take, if you reach another one do it again until you move forward.

I am not sure if they're accepting applicants, since they'd probably want to keep the tone of the editing similar. But the best place to ask would probably be on the falcom discord, and PM Zerker himself to ask for pointers.

That sounds like a pain so i won't bother. I can't get used to the interface, and i'd rather not hang around there for a reply.
It's honestly the reason why Veeky Forums's format is superior.

None of the guides explain shit. One isn't finished and the other one only describes boss fights.

If by "best" you mean absolute fucking worst ever in every conceivable

I am at a four way intersection with a lever that either opens up two of the paths or one. Both just lead back to the third level.

That's the place i just told you about. It does need you to get through the layer above again, so you can turn around and come back to the intersection, but this time reaching a new spot due to the path leading to a new place. Just keep going on the path you can follow, and you will need to return a layer, to go back to the intersection through the entrance.

I did unlock a shortcut, but it only helps me keep going around in circles over and over again.... Fuck. I have been doing this for at least an hour now. I will try again another time. This is too frustrating for me.

>I am at a four way intersection with a lever that either opens up two of the paths or one. Both just lead back to the third level.

Turn the leaver so the ramp will connect the north-west and north-east path.
Get over the !

To be honest here, a couple of years ago I suffered a traumatic accident which put me into a supposedly irreversible coma which I miraculously survived with almost no brain damage. Same personality, same IQ. However, I basically have amnesia, and I have almost no short term or long term memory. I remember things like people and stories, whether in real life or in fiction, but I can not, for example, remember any specific moments in my life or say, which way I came from in Zero no Kiseki to get to the fourth layer a couple of months ago...

I will try again another day. Sorry for the blog. I blame my literal brain damage.