/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Church gals edition

attacked first >New players read this then unplug your modem and finish the story mode offline:
-i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>/bbg/'s resources, builds & mechanics guide:
-docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ

>Chalices:
-Guide to unlock FRC chalices for spelunks & fight clubs: i.imgur.com/KgVUkyd.jpg
-Gem farming, lost/uncanny weapons, and runes spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-2nd gem farming link: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-SFRCs & FDs: i.imgur.com/VYCoLt1.png

>PVE & PVP - Spelunking/sinister chalices:
-Spelunks happen. Join em. Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders.
-Sinister chalice race on Friday at 6pmET/11pmUTC (if enough show, spelunks otherwise)
-Race rules & signup: docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/Gdug4h6.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas

>Build planner:
-mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne

>AR calculations:
-pastebin.com/zGphv4f

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vplX-qr4AIE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4wlGg2laco
youtube.com/watch?v=LhWCAdN-SLY
youtube.com/watch?v=5g7_rbwUy0U
youtube.com/watch?v=R95f7VwXqIw
youtube.com/watch?v=NSmukdqyvjU
youtube.com/watch?v=G6NaVH-_wPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for waifus

crush all vermin

Yah fuck you too

*fist for waifus

Hope you guys got something usable, at least...

Post your hunters and what you're listening to

So they do comparable damage and trading blows can actually work? An all thrust-gemmed church pick (at 50 SKL / 25 STR) can do as much damage as 2x blunt gem + 1x heavy abyssal Kirkhammer (at 50 STR / 25 SKL)?

even with 1 thrust gem and 2 27% i can one shot 40 Vitlets if they try to trade

youtube.com/watch?v=vplX-qr4AIE
Don't laugh, please.

it's always nice to share music
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4wlGg2laco

I'll fist egg if you know what I mean

Got a bit greedy there at the end still got the reward though

Did I just bugged the vermin crush animation?

Kirk does way higher base damage, it's just that many of the Church Pick's R2 attacks have huge multipliers, like 2x and 2.35x listed damage for the charge R2 + followup, respectively. Also no one wears thrust armor

is there an actual use for the church pick L2 attack? It does as much damage as my bare fist

alright, 2 more runs on this one then we'll be doing Isz, glyph 5wagd6c4. I'll have to make all of them so it'll take a minute to be summoned. making pretty decent time here

fast, high stagger

youtube.com/watch?v=LhWCAdN-SLY

Cybil, in which chalice are you ringing?

aren't there gargoyles on L2 to be farmed that drop nourishing gems? I'll keep one of these open for that if so

in pwmf22gu yes

Taking a while to get summoned this time around

>session lost

NANI?!

I might have silenced the bell to rering as soon as you were summoned, sorry about that. we're at the fog now

Trying out a BLT build. The tricked Chikage sidestep-lunge attack is shit, as are the R1 attacks (damage is good but moveset is garbage). You always swing them in an X-pattern so half the time you miss just because the enemy is on the wrong side of the downswing, or they are too low to the ground or something. I don't even lock on with it anymore usually, I just manually free aim and point the camera up/down so I can actually make the swings connect.

I noticed I had to do this with the charged R2 of the tricked saw spear as well. It wouldn't attack towards the lock-on target, but down and to the left instead. I needed to free-aim my backstabs if I wanted to use the followup on them staggered

This happen last night, I can hire a killer pls

pass: gitgut

Im in front the laurence vicar

Dihrael, make the next run without me, I want to help .

youtube.com/watch?v=5g7_rbwUy0U

Ok, done. Still in Pthumeru?

yep

Back to ringing, then.

Been rewatching Breaking Bad. Listening to this while I reload Loran over and over for the RB5s

youtube.com/watch?v=R95f7VwXqIw

First time ever using the Bloodletter and it ripped defiled Amy to shreds, I think I might be in love

thank both of you!
Now I can be a beast and be better than laurence

Don't really have any good pictures of my character though
youtube.com/watch?v=NSmukdqyvjU

just to save on time we will move on to Isz after this one, I'll probably end up farming by myself anyway after you two leave. again, glyph will be 5wagd6c4. same pass

A FUCKING RADIAL 27.2% ARC BUT NO ADEPT

Does your item discovery effect drop quality?

No

People say no.

whats a good helmet to use with the crowfeather garb? im getting a bit sick of the beak mask

hungry skeleton mask

The Black Hood from the Foreigner Set actually pairs nicely.

Gordon Lightfoot.

>drop down on top of coffins to reduce fall damage
>get literally stuck between then

godammit

Anyone want company?

Might be going through the DLC now so if you wanna come, I'll ring at the first lamp

PW will be cake

NOURISHING!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=G6NaVH-_wPM

rus version
I swear I'll come back for help when I fight against the orphan of kos

My noob sense told me (I do all alone a back in time but take me like 2 hours to kill some bosses)

Cainhurst helmet

Ringing.

I'm in the mid of a farming session, mind giving me a (you), when you're about to fight Ludwig?

we will do this one three more times and then I'll call it, I'm getting hungry

How significantly does ATK vs. Beasts/Kin Down affect your damage?

what in the shit? I didn't even know those existed.. good fucking drop man

Not really that much, from my experience, even with the same curse on all three gems. Point is, I don't have any use on this build for this ultra-rare gem that I'll never be able to obtain on my Arc/Str character.

From what I can tell: Attack VS Beasts down 50% would mean you're dealing half damage with all attacks with the weapon that you would normally inflict.

Huh, then it is pretty significant actually

Not too badly, and if it came to it you could always just use papers

Anyone up for helping with Ailing Loran layer 3 boss and the defiled chalice after that?

Ringing at layer 3 lamp pass bbg will wait for 2.

Personally, I use a whirligig saw with vsKin down and half physical, half fire damage for everything non-kin and a whirligig saw that has a juicy 142% damage dealt to kin and deals only bolt damage for kin.
It depends on what you fight, my dude.

Jesus Christ, that's rare as shit fuck. Congrats man! Slight envy.

>watchers' cold gem
I'm stopping here, I'm about to cry. I'll help . Thanks for hosting Teague and thanks Cybil for the help.

I love how this game has alternate animations for some grab attacks when they are lethal, I just watched a shark giant gulp down a cooperator. The invasion was really fun, the host ended up running out of vials and died right after doing the animation for having none left. Do other Souls games do this with grabs?

wtf bros I though Zullie was supposed to kill chalices and make everyone migrate to DS3

Oh shit, my b. I almost instantly got two co-op partners when I rang, I didn't bother to check the thread.

>migrate to DS3
We would migrate to a good game instead.

>a bolt gem, a fools gem and fire gem
>only two temperings

the drops in Isz are weird as shit sometimes.. oh well. thanks for coming along madman and cybil, enjoyed the company.

Thank you, Breela and Hibiki. Poor Ludwig went down in a minute. I'lll be ringing by the cells whenever you're ready.

Wish I had more LUDWIG images to use

We done?

Ringing in the jail. Sorry about the beginning there. I didn't realize you had the shortcut open and was just mindlessly killing. Turned around toward the top of the stairs and realized I was alone.

Still there?

They're not any less fun to do desu.

DS3 has the best online out of the Souls games but there's like no real thrill in co-oping through it versus co-oping chalices.

Yeah it's being weird I'm gonna restart the game.

Okay, I'm waiting in front of the stairs, before the fog gate.

Or co-oping the DLCs
or co-oping pretty much any boss besides One Reborn and Rom

DaS3 is quite good user. The only Souls game that's a bit sub par is DaS2, and even then there's some people that still love playing it. I don't think From has recently produced any bad game, and I say recently because I haven't played King's Field and such.

No worries, I was trying to get your attention but could''t. So I just laid coins for you to follow when you found out we weren't behind you.

Who wants coop in NG++ Hunter Nightmare? I'll collect all items so no need to rush. Beckoning at lamp, pass is myside

Still not working. I'm gonna let it go for now sorry!

I'm not sure if it's that simple. I used beasthunter gems in my holy moonlight sword thinking they would be like having super-powerful ATK UP nourishing gems vs beasts, but it seemed like the weapon was noticeably weaker (against a beast boss) if I used two 27% beast gems and a 21.5% nourishing instead of just all nourishings. A 21.5% and 19.3% nourishing plus a single 27% beashunter gem does more than two 19.3%'s and a 21.5% though. Maybe beast / kin modifiers are calculated before defenses or something, I don't know.

Ringing.

How bad is durability down on gems?

Anyone wants to join me for Old Yharnam on my new character? pass hunt

Sure

it's rather annoying and gives this nagging feeling about being limited on how many times you can swing your weapon, but know that your durability only goes down when your weapon bounces off a wall or when you hit an enemy or breakable object (breaking pots will destroy your durability). The higher the max durability of the weapon (and the less often you swing it), the less dura down matters.

It depends. If you're gemming something easy, get another gem. If you're say, Korean gemming a Bloodletter, go with it, it has super high durability anyways, just remember to repair after a few invasions or a long coop session. Something worthy of note is that from what I've seen Bowblade doesn't lose durability when shooting, and Tonitrus on the other end of the scale, loses durability like crazy so be wary of putting those gems on it.

Breela, we're at the fog waiting for you.

Sorry. Ringing for Maria. Don't forget you have to BHM before you can summon.

a gargoyle radial nourishing gem with +5.x Durability UP as a secondary effect does wonders for the tonitrus. You can swing it like 3x as much before it breaks. IIRC it breaks fast because hitting thing while it is buffed counts as two hits, and OFC the weapon is R1-spammy as hell and has only 100 durability max

Fun fact: that secondary effect is called "dense"

Can someone teach me how to use the wheel properly?
My stats atm are 25 str and 20 arc. I am working for the 50 arc.
What does this l2 do that makes me take damage?

>equipped pellets, paper, molotov, cocktails
>ok I'm not forgetting anything
>forget fucking antidotes

Fucking BSB

Going to grab Church Pick and then I'll ring at Fishing Hamlet, anons

That poison was a lot faster than I remember

Ringing.

A lower base damage * 1.54 is still less damage than a higher base damage * 1.27

What I don't get is why it seems to use a different unit than the durability down curses. They come as -60 while durability up comes as +6. What does this unit even mean? It couldn't be just +6% because that wouldn't have any noticeable effect on the Tonitrus' durability. -60 may mean it breaks 60% faster; it kind of feels like it does at least.