/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Ive seen the devil edition.

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG developed by Pearl Abyss. It features non-tab targeted action combat, zerg pvp, infinite grinding and a sudo-sandbox experience.

>Latest NA/EU Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Latest KR News
invenglobal.com/game/Black Desert Online

>Guilds
Check Pastebin

>Useful Links, Guides, Guilds & Info
pastebin.com/tQJ38zgE (embed)

>NewFAQs
Read the pastebin, Ctrl+F, jfgi before posting.
Many guests passes are available for those that wish to try the game for 7 days.

Previous :

NYANPI IS MY GIRLFRIEND

No she isn't.

is this still an anti-social singleplayer grind?

hello there !

i want to be friends

Not really, I think at most you should grind with one friend for special deals until kama/shultz. I am not at that point yet though so I could be wrong.

what if no friends?

elf post!?

If you have a grind spot, or entered one. It doesnt hurt to ask someone to party.

give succ and we can be friends

Elf post!

what I've seen of your stats Eristic you can do kama, but just be careful of the more hard-hitting mobs because of your low DP

Oh? If thats the case I will check it out thank you. Im using this week to work on gear so hopefully I'll tri my giaths and buy/tri a kutum.

Downloading my free 7 day trial right now. But I see the game is 50% off, which seems like a pretty good deal.

Is it worth it if I buy the "explorer's pack" or whatever? It's only 24 bucks so that seems pretty reasonable compared to its regular price.

I have no idea what any of the "extras" are though, so are they worth it compared to the travelers or even just the basic package? I'm probably more of a casual/solo player. I'm already reading the pastebin but on a skim I didn't see this covered.

Also, anyone mind posting pics of attractive male chars? Would enjoy some inspo

Alright, its voting time for the calendar.

Who put in a screenshot for the calendar?
Speak up now.
Will vote for you.

6/10
7/10
6/10
5/10

calendar?

Vote Winter 5!

Elf post

Yes. Not that it's a bad thing.

Majority of the males in game are horrid or disfigured and just plain evil looking

I think its people subconscious telling them something.

You people know that when you design your characters you are designing how you view yourself subconsciously. This implies to the people that actually spend a reasonable amount of time designing their characters. Not including characters made ironically.

Eristic is my half-brother

I want to throw you down into the mud face first and put my foot up your wide load of an ass so you can't see or walk for hours.

>the thigh to calf ratio

What the fuck

How about that face tho

Why are people shit at making actually nice looking characters?

People want to fap not use the tools at their disposal and spend hours crafting a work of art. Editing a few settings after picking a preset is enough for most.

Because it has to do with their subconsciousness. People generally view inside themselves to create and outwardly appearance.

Its got nothing to do with who looks the best how people feel about how they look.

If people make shitty, unattractive characters but they like it and enjoy it having no issues with their style, they will view it as attractive.

So basically, different folks, different strokes.

Take this .gif for example, how many ugly woman are there in it?

Shit, is it even possible to make decent looking males, then?

Or are they kind of fucked at char creation in general?

Depends on a number of things.

I don't know, I know some people will spend hours in the character creator and still end up with a hot mess. Some people are just not good at it at all.

Not for sure what the point of that gif is but I would say quite a lot of them are pretty ugly.

The point is that your mind plays tricks on your. Same way works with beauty.

Anyone wanna buy me a pearl shop outfit and pet? I'm a cute girl hehe...

slider game is hard

How hard is it to refund your skills? In case I fuck up.

SUCC post

If you are above level 56, and don't want to spend pearls. I guess the best way would be to grind up a level 56 and get one for free?

What level?

hello

SUCC

Wow, so mean!

>tl;dr, beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Shortened that for you :^)

I'm just going through the tutorial. But if I get one at 56 or whatever then that's cool.

you can reset them at any time before level 56.
you can just right click on them individually too.

I enjoy AoE CC. Is Kuno the right class for me?

The other class i'm looking at is the Maehwa.

>I don't know, I know some people will spend hours in the character creator and still end up with a hot mess.
When the brain is focusing on something too long it tends to miss things you would otherwise catch. One of the best things to do is take a half hour break then check over what you fucked up.

n'wah

are there really hidden caves and shit in this game?

yes but you'll find erpers in all of them

o-ok

If I am without internet for like 15 minutes, and the game download stops, will it "pause", or does it completely reset once I reconnect?

p-please be the former

It'll pause don't worry

former

there's actually a fuck load of them

There's underwater shit too

>Start BDO
>Intimidated by the character creator
>Make extremely generic asian musa dude without much tweaking from the default
>Worried I'll look like everyone else
>Every other guy I run into has some over the top ridiculous appearance
Huh.

Does the marketplace auto refresh or do I have to close the window and open it back up again for new listings to appear?

>nothing but whores
post some fuccbois I can't decide if I want to play

Ridiculous, over the top appearances are the worst!

>page 10
You okay /bdog/?

Is the game worth getting?

Played the fuck out of ArcheAge until Try-very-little (Trion Worlds) fucked up the economy, and went full nuclear P2W.

Ran a small but very successful guild, and had probably the best time in an MMORPG during the AA Alpha.

I tried the BD beta, but it just didn't feel that fun to play. I usually play full support/healer classes.

Is it much better since then or is the game/economy ruined with P2W elements?

How the fuck do you get a name in this game.

imo yes but you should try it out for yourself. get a pass/trial, get to lv30(easily in like 1-2 hrs) and people will even pay for your base game for the pet promotion. that said there's a very real barrier of $100-150 in "conveniences" that helps make a lot of stuff not a total pain in the ass.

anyone know why my hair goes completely fucking black in the desert?

thats pretty good

meant to attach this image

Hair lighting has been a fuckery in this game since forever

I take it the 'conveniences' are things like bag/bank inventory expansions, and better mounts?

Can you explain the base game/pet promotion bit?

I might just do the trial bit if I can find one.

I loved the grind in AA, made attaining max level (3 times) completely worth it (I did it twice when the EXP requirement was insane).

Thanks for the input.

who wants to cuddle

me!

do you like futa

Ene...

yes

are you tamer?

promotion is the stuff in the img, basically "friend" buys you a copy in exchange for the rewards. just get lv30 during your trial and then ask if anyone wants to give u a game pass, if nobody responds here there's a pinned thread on reddit for this stuff. fair warning the story is absolute garbage and nonsensical. as for the cash shop stuff, yea you have the gist of the conveniences right, mounts aren't purchased but pets are.

no

good.

so?

i'll have to decline cuddling. hopefully there'll be other activities involved

you were the one who asked to cuddle

gay

Ahh ok yea makes sense on the shop stuff, and the promotional props.

How is the (world)PVP? Not a big fan of arena type stuff, but I'd love to be able to go full pirate and raid players for their trade goods/gold. AA had it hardcore, and was amazing during the alpha test. kinda died when they fucked up the economy in an attempt to carter to the casual crowd.

Cool though, I'll keep all that in mind thanks for the info dude!

Did black desert analytics die?
I need those excels

then cuddle me and see what happens after~

who are you?

who are you?

who are you?

crocuta

meet me serendia 3 heidel

>EU

pvp is mainly (1) fighting for grind spots or (2) node war/conquest(look it up on yt to get a better idea)

It's more standard stuff compared to AA's from what I've heard.

poo in loo

World PVP in AA was the pinnacle of MMO fighting imo. Yea you could end up zerged from hell by a larger group. But if you were smart you could steal world bosses, raid someones trade run at a choke point (even block the route completely at one point), steal everything, and be out before they could recover or call in reinforcements.

Ocean fights where wracked with pirates (I led a pirate guild), and sea trading was where the most gold was back then. I'm talking fleets of trade ships and galleons for protection. Pirates usually raided though in smaller groups. You could rush in clear the deck of a trade boat and drive it off cargo and all.

All in all it was good fucking times, and I put nearly 1500 hours into just the Alpha test. The game now is an utter nightmare. Where if you don't spend 'literal' $1,000s of your cash to stay relevant you will fall behind.

Great game, bad publisher.

But anyways thanks for the information. Sorry about the nostalgia letter LMAO!

(best/most populated server?)

olvia servers for newbies(exp bonus) but think of the servers more as channels, you have free access to jump around

I don't understand this game or this general.