/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.0.1), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found.
wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>PS3
[Nov 24] PS3Xploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-Works on all fat models and early slims (Any PS3 made before 2011), super slims aren't supported yet, planning for "Henkaku" like exploit in 2018. Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/7G3tM5D.png

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E
downloadgameps3.com/persona-5-eur-usa-psn-fix-all-dlc-free-iso/
downloadgameps3.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-ps3-iso/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Luma is garbage.

I don't see you latefags sharing PKGs and RAPs, explain yourselves.

Freeshop is garbage.

wasnt there a new cfw better than luma? I havent been on the hacking scene for a while but I remember a bunch of people upgrading to this new one.

Cakes died. That's it.

>PS3 didn't restart itself while doing the 4.82 NOR Downgrader thing

It's been 10 minutes should I just turn it off? How do I know if it worked?

why? there was so much hype

mid-kid was tired of people stealing his code

Were there any PS3 rips with compression? Reason i ask is i dont want to download games and find out some dude compressed the audio/video etc to shit so that it could fit into his 20gb ps3

please respond.

just turned off my PS3 how do I know if the downgrade worked?

rest in kill

you can't compress ps3 games or trim them without breaking something, most you can do is delete the update folder

you know it worked because it lets you install cfw. You should probably be fine - I shut my PS3 off after it froze up for ten minutes and it worked.

Sure you can. Never seen a PS3 rip though.

I got the "data is corrupted" error when I tried to install CFW. The shit was frozen for at least 15 minutes before I shut it off how long is it supposed to take?

I dunno. Try again I guess. This may or may not matter, but if you turn your PS3 back on and it asks to check the filesystem, I selected "no"
some people say that it'll undo things if you let it run, some say it doesn't change anything

Alright fellas. I got a ps3 slim 25XX that minvercheck says "Update data of version 3.50 or later can be installed on this system"

It's currently on OFW 4.81 do I need to update it to 4.82 befor I start everything? or can this console even be modded with PS3Xploit?

>pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E
After doing all that junk for the ps3...

How do I start playing pirated games?

You can use PS3Xploit. Update to 4.82 first, then do the exploit

Is Rei-Six the replacement for Luma?

is it possible to install a .pkg from a exfat usb drive using multiman?

Facts are feelings, huh? Reminds me of a certain demographic. Keep going though, I'm sure at some point you'll convince me to type out a long thought out reply even though you had no intention to hide your bias from the very post.

I still want that ps3 don't throw it away. Will give it a loving home and make sure it doesn't end up in another dumpster.

So the 3ds scene is dead now? Is it because monster hunter has gone cross-platform?

Multiman no.
Irisman yes

Dishwasher? No.
Dishwasher? No.
Dishwasher? Yes.

Update done. before I start all of this is there anything I need to know? like will accounts on PSN get banned? (Kinda don't want that because I use my old ps3 account as my ps4 account) do I need to sgin into PSN once before all of this to genrate any files?

My eyes are bleeding..... I've been trying and failing for over 7 hours to install PKGI to my PSTV flash drive. I've gone through every text and video tutorial known to man, placed nonpdrm and nopsmdrm into the proper folder, edited and deleted and created and re-edited the config file and the pkgi.txt, how the fuck am I supposed to do this? Cutting the fourth leg on my PSP batter in 2007 with a scratched up magnifying glass and a razor blade was easier than this fucking shit, for the love of god please kill me

after you install CFW, don't sign in to PSN until you install SEN Enabler. That makes it safer to go online, but still probably avoid major online games like GTA.

thanks, any good tutorial to follow?

So what do u niggas think about my case swap

OG color was that nasty lime

downloaded a supposedly ISO for ps3, it comes in a kind of folder structure, where should I put it ? PS3ISO ?

>ps3
>playing video game
>suddenly OMEGA FAN
>WSHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>red light
>system reboots

what the fuck just happened

>play Persona 5
>Game shuts off everytime MC gets off train
Any solutions?

Would I need to redo the ps3xploit procedure again if I change hard drives, or just install rebug cfw again after swapping hard drives?

it alright

Anyone know where to get vc gba .cia every link is down?

pt 2

I just get a black screen when I try to boot Disgaea 3. All of the other games I've loaded onto my PS3 work right.

If a psn pkg game doesnt have a .rap file, can you just simply install the pkg and it will werk? I dont need react psn?

My day long experience with PS3 hacking stuff tells me that you're screwed if you don't have a RAP file. Avoid those PKG releases and look for disc rips.

Those are the hands of an old man. Are you a paedophile?

stop biting your nails user, its a bad habit

Are you using the mediafire link?

What’s the guide to get online with ReBug 4.81.2?

I would actually like to see the online features of Persona 5

cannot find ISO of persona, only pkg

well in the psndl website it says "Free License - No RAP required. (0x03)"

im going to try my luck

>Triggering exploit FAILED 10 times - Refresh the page...

Keep trying. Took me a long time.

I’m only 29 senpai

4xxx when

I had same problem, what I did was delete the cookies, turn off the browser (make sure homepage is with the option "Blank").
make the exploit page your bookmark.
after deleting the cookies, turn on the web browser again, go to bookmarks, and hopefully you will have success.

remember, even if you have success, if the ps3 does not turn off by itself, you failed, repeat it.

So my PS3 is hacked now...the fuck I do now? What cool shit besides emulators and piracy can I do now? And is there a homebrew channel like application for the PS3?

>Want to buy a PSP exclusively for PS1 emulation
Is there any major difference between models? Also why do all the sellers on ebay and amazon look sketchy as fuck?

all psp run ps1 iso after hacked

I understand that but is there a definitive model that
>runs better
>has longer battery life
>has better compatibility
>has better features

>no Sanic 06 on IPT/PSNDL/Nicoblog
>downloading from some shit blog using Mega

Anybody got a decent single link for this?

havent been following vita news for the past few months. so theres a new game format called vitanpdrm or something like that? is there a link to these games, similar to the google docs maidump games ?

Corbenik for b9s when

Any CXMB-like plugin for custom themes PS3? Or something to create folders like that old PSP plugin?
I've already used the built in function to sort them by consoles, but I'd like to seperate all the homebrew tools from my installed games.

Easiest method I found was to use the URL of the NOR/NAND writer page itself, instead of going to the main page and navigating through the menus to it. Works like a charm for me.

PSP-3000 is the way to go, it also comes with video out, only model to have it

Every PSP has video out, and they're all capable of doing 240p for PSX titles.

Why not get a vita instead? All you want plus vita games, better speakers and a bigger OLED screen if you get the old model, an old vita+sd2vita+64gb sd card should be like 200 dollars tops.

>I don't want a Vita. I want a Portable PS1 emulator.

I have first model, it does not have video out, video out is a feature of the revision models, the 3000's

That's not how you quote mr. reddit, you should get a vita anyway, both can do ps1 well and both are portable.

RemoteJoy

For strictly a portable PSX emulator, a PSP-3000 would be your best bet.

Anyone got a link to that rebug 4.82 spoofed firmware again? I'd really really appreciate it.

The greentext was an accident chucklefuck but to elaborate, I don't want to spend more than 100 USD on this and I don't care about whatever weebshit Vita offers.

If only we had an OP that was regularly updated to keep files like these on hand for easy access.

Can I update downloadgameps3.com/persona-5-eur-usa-psn-fix-all-dlc-free-iso/ if i've done all the steps or is there no point?

The vita is a worthwhile investment because you get vita+psp+ps1+emulators in a single machine while the psp only gets psp+ps1+emulators, fuck outta here poorshit idiot, skip out on a few burgers and save for your portable otaku device, the psp ain't worth even a dollar, might as well invest on a $50 xiaomi phone and play ps1 on that shit.

The post you literally just quoted says he doesn't give a shit about weeb shit Vita games, and rightfully so, as a PSTV owner, the library is fucking trash.

I've had this persona for a while and it ran on the emulator
How do I get it from my computer to my newly rebugged ps3?

>Vita is a worthwhile investment
>The only thing it can do that PSP can't is play Vita games
>user says he wants a PSP for PS1 emulation exclusively
Yeah, if a PSP isn't worth a dollar I guess that getting a Vita for PSP+PS1+emulators ain't worth the price by that brilliant logic.

>install CFW on PS3
>look at a list of PS3 games
>literally nothing I want to play

pls no bully

Tales of Vesperia in English and Persona 5 were the only two games I could think of when I did it.

Already played P5 on PS4 and don't really care for Tales games.

I'll forgive you this time user. But next time, I'll spank you.

>pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E
Check the system via your web browser to see your temps. Sounds like a possible overheat.

Sorry if this gets asked a lot here. I've been out of the scene since the psp and darkalex days.
But my question is: with the full exploit of the 4.05 ps4, its a matter of days/weeks before we get backup loaders right? Also, how will online work? Is there a risk of ban?

Speaking of which, when the fuck is redump going to start cataloging PS3 games?

downloadgameps3.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-ps3-iso/

right after they are done with PS2 games
>implying this isn't the shit blog

Appreciate the effort, but is right

>9 parts
>over Mega's limits

bump

I downloaded same thing, how did you install it?

you also have Nier Replicant with english patch.
Don't know if US and EU got Tales of Berseria PS3, but there is also a english patched one

i have a cech-3001A will i be able to homebrew it?

nope, there's no legit english Berseria for PS3
Nier Gestalt is good tho, no reason to play Replicant if you already have Gestalt

you can double check it with an app from the pastebin, if the result is 3.56 or inferior version, you are good to go

first you gotta make sure you're able to read

nice, for me the great deal is to be able to play PS2 games, since I have a old mac that I mainly use for work, ps2 emulation is a no go for me

I thought the replicant patch was just a straight rip of the english from gestalt so the differences got removed by lazy work anyway

You're better getting a PS2 with FMCB, not every game works well on PS3 via emulation
I got one and I just need to setup that SMB bs so I won't need to burn DVDs anymore