/fhg/ - For Honor General

Hard Hitter Edition

Tired user edition >Season 4 Hero Trailers:
youtu.be/cDHhUmtamS0

youtu.be/6YrrzI0rqLk

>Season 4 Info
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/updates/season-4-order-havoc/index.aspx

For Honor v1.15 Patch Notes
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-305836-16/for-honor-v115-patch-notes

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_5Qjg8BDfJo
youtube.com/watch?v=j_Z526ltnwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does /fhg/ hate Orochi so much hes litterally /ourassassin/

Give Orochi his Storm Rush cancel from alpha back.
Make his deflect HA Tozen's kick that guarantees heavy, or a special zone attack.
Speed up all his lights to 500ms.

and give riptide strike hyper armor

People at launch time ruined him with edginess, slow walks and thinking playing him made one certified badass since story mode shilled him so much.

I was gonna saw, make it soft-cancellable to his dash attacks, or give it I-frames, but this works too.

Just make it feintable like Aramusha's dodge attacks tbqh

Post your main without posting your main.

This. Raider has always been really strong, with his light parry punishes, and carry. His buffs while QoL made him even stronger.
Meanwhile Warden kept getting nerfed.

is anyone else lowkey worried about the zerk rework? if they tweak him too much he'll fucking crush niggers

Shaman already is what I was worried Zerker would become, things hardly can get worse at this point

>Fast as fuck, especially with timesnap fuckery
>Infinite damage top heavy finisher and the best OoS punish in the game
>Confirms a heavy on parry no matter what, even if OoS
>Arguably the best deflect in the game
>Confirmed getting a rework, which pretty much just means massive buffs
If you thought Shaman was strong, you ain't seen NUTHIN' yet.

I hate Shinobis so goddamn much.
>ranged gb from offscreen
>completely safe from being punished because of backflips
>instant lights with timesnap
>hyperarmor kick
>double dash completely removing gbs

>highlander main

>Game performances become more ass each new seasons, after an hour the game get choppy as fuck so I guess there's a memory leak somewhere
>S4 ruined every improvements made to connectivity, don't know what they broke but I get disconnected from one match in two
>Balance took a nose dive, it wasn't great before but this time they somehow broke a new record

I can't get assed to even grind for orders anymore.
I guess all I need is break, I think I'm gonna pass this season, but I still have hope for this game, I think it's great and that all it need is a better management, and will come back when S4 is done.
Bitching aside, anyone else feel burned out?

Game performance has even went down on PS4 for me.
S3 was a step in right direction, how they fucked up S4 is beyond anyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=_5Qjg8BDfJo

>shaman gets dodge heavies that come out as fast as lights
>HEAVIES AS FAST AS LIGHTS

;^)

Roman can go fuck himself.

if they give him an unblockable everybody dies

new player here, getting close to a new character and i really like the knights

who's more viable, centurion or gladiator?

Gladiator hands down]

Gladiator.
Centurion is still great in 4v4 if you play him properly, but against anyone that can defend themselves well he just fall apart.
he DOES have one of the best parry punish in the game though.

Gladiator on the other hand, is just better all around except for that.

Why is the timing so inconsistent? Isn't that the same attack just in different directions? I don't know shit about shaman and I kinda avoid fighting one when possible

500ms offline against a bot, mind you

>failed to join session
>cannot join server full
>connection error

what is going on?

>Not listed
Why not

i just got completely obliterated by a zerker, why do people say he's fucking bad? i've never died that fucking fast in my life.

was it in a duel? did the zerk spin to win?

S4 is literally the worst state the game has ever been in balance wise. It was pretty disgusting at times but the idiots have outdone themselves once again, over 9 months after release.
Now is a good time to take a break anyway, then trying again when a few characters got their reworks. Now one character rules surpreme while the other ones have to wait for their powerup while getting raped. Some characters will remain shit I guess.

feinted my dumb ass into oblivion, those top heavies SUCKKKK

Who would win? A team with 3 rep 130+ Shamans and a Aramusha or a team with 2 Level 7 Wardens, A Kensei and Rep 46 Highlander.

Have they made it so that groups of four don't play against randoms now or can I still get fucked when I solo queue?

I remember someone mention saying it was fixed in the devstream chat, but I don't think I ever saw anything to actually confirm it.

Nope. Still exists. Alot of times I'd join a match, during in between period and 4 people would suddenly leave all at same time.

Ubisoft wins either way

>the 4 people that left were actually the team of randoms that left immediately after because they got stomped by the 4 stack that's staying in the lobby

Unironicaly, team of newbie and low tier won somehow. Twice.
First one was easy somehow, Second round was close but we lost. Third match we were destroyed and on fourth it was close but we won. Then they left room, so did 1 of other new guy. At that point I called it quits too.

I was genuinely surprised, I think they were going easy because they'd throw alot of random heavies, and never feinted once, and wouldn't throw us off ledges either. They did switched to Gladiator/Centurions/PK in between rounds though. While our team just stuck with same 2 Wardens, 1 Kensei and Highlander.

The game tries to match randoms with randoms first but if it doesn't find enough people in your region you get that sweet pubstomp

Is it just me or does Aramusha feel like a super underrated character right now?

I know they'll probably make his lights a few ms slower in a future patch due to complaints but i've had a super great time with him so far.

His rock steady feat alone make him decent.
He's not bad, just overshadowed by the Shaman.

>When all of your practicing of parrying and dodging all this time with conqueror finally pays off.

bowlhead is now my new main.

>At 3K steel
>Want 50Cents
>Dominion, the supposedly most rewarding mode reward fuckall
I know it will probably never happens, but would it hurt Ubisoft so bad to raise Steel gain by a tad bit?

>would it hurt Ubisoft so bad to raise Steel gain by a tad bit?
Yes.

Post your favourite hero
and your favourite game

I like most of them.
Yakuza

shaman is a crutch class

Fire is hot btw

I NEED WEBMS.
WEBMS OF LAG.

Lawbringer

Armored Core: Last Raven
youtube.com/watch?v=j_Z526ltnwo

Raider.
Close tie between NoX and Vampire bloodlines.

How many troops have you contributed /fhg/? I like to think I've made a significant personal contribution to losing horrendously to the vikangz.

I didn't manually do anything since open beta and forget it exists every time until someone here mentions it again

so why do you even play? I don't get it, the whole schtick is that we're all fighting in this big picture struggle for control of the land

raider was always high A or even S tier, and he just kept getting better. the early meta was dominated by bash based heroes, and even to this game you'll hear people cry about "my """"hero"""" has no openers so he's low tier." now, while raider has no bash, he is the only character in the game that can cancel a dodge in any direction into immediate GB. so not only has he been always able to punish bashes like shield bash, headbutt and shove, but he was immune to warden's 50/50 that utterly dominated the meta after the conq nerfs took away warden's only hard counter

now he still has that, but he also has 3 or 4 different 50/50s from his zone, a heavy, a dodge, or after knocking you down from his bullshit carry throw (assuming you dont get ledged) hes like the only character in the game with what would be described in traditional fighting games as a wake up game, or okizeme. he is almost immune to being GB'd, his carry throw drains stamina to an ridiculous extent, he has the second best OoS punish in the game and as much HP as a heavy.

if raider wasnt S tier on launch. he surely is now

He just isn’t assed to go to deploy troops and just press the a button. Some people are unbelievelby lazy, or dense. Doesn’t matter anyways, an average player may not care for the faction, yet they all cry rigged right at as they lose kek. Really makes you think

For the gameplay? No one ever said they play it for the faction war, nobody cares, esepcially now that we know that the rewards are fuckall.

same
to wreck noobs like you

Not him, but being brutally honest, the faction war is meaningless background noise. Good for shitposting and stereotyping, but little else. Doubly so since it's been more or less confirmed that it's not even honest, as which faction won was entirely determined by what characters they had lined up to release.

Since we have no leaks in regards to new characters releasing going into Season 4 and onwards, it's more of a guessing game as to who's lined up to win. But ultimately, even if they stopped meddling in the faction war, people have already been burned.

However the actual game itself is still pretty fun, even when it's at its worst. There's simply nothing else quite like it out at the moment. It looks and feels nice when it works. So with all that in mind, it can be easy to forget that the faction war even exists.

>so why do you even play

Is this bait? I'm wondering because I know there are actually people who take the faction war seriously, it's just that they are usually on reddit. I play a game because I enjoy playing it, not because I want gay ass ornaments. I mean ornament, as in singular.

If not for the faction war the game wouldve looked like a shitty dota/lol rip-off

Not really

I like feeling like I'm part of something greater and larger than myself

At least its not some floating in space-time continuum piece of land where the matches occur

You should go out more.

If not for the faction war, the developers would have more time/space to allocate towards balancing characters/making new content.

>implying more than 3-4 people are working on it

>double xp weekend
>didnt play a single day because the game is fubar
>still visit this thread hoping ubisoft fixes it

3-4 people that would be better off doing anything else.

Got my ara from Level 15 to Rep 5 during it, not much either but it's something I guess.

>number of posters is dropping rapidly anyway

Why the fuck does everyone wants "Offensive" stance on Warden in their reworks?

>implying anyone at all is working on it
>implying it doesnt run itself on all but the final day of each campaign or whatever and then the devs pick a winner

its a retarded feature anyway. bad/pointless idea in a game like this, and poorly implemented in any case

i'll give you a hint, the answer starts with an S and ends in an oulsfags

Well that whale of a woman does reports on that crap and shes considered a head of faction war team. Furthermore its immersive

>he didn’t play v AI like he always does
Not my fault you didn’t level shit when given a golden opportunity

i'm sure she reports on it. and its a functioning system. it would work on its own, but its blatantly obvious the devs pick the winners on the last day

it might have been immersive but your choice of faction in game has no bearing upon your playing experience. its not like being a knight means you must play knights, or even that you gain any benefit or advantage from picking heroes within your faction. the first time i seen a raider with a samurai emblem, the whole thing fell apart. and after it was obvious the seasons were rigged it became more of a joke than a lame duck feature

There is no point in it when the directors of the game only apply bandaid solutions.
Yes fixes are coming but we dont know when and I understand that its impossible to say. But with Vivendi looming over Ubis shit i have doubts that they will apply those fixes
1. Correctly
2. in time before Vivendi kills ubi

>it’s vivendi fag again
Have you bothered to look at Ubis finnical report at all in the past months. They have brought themselves back and by the looks of it since AC origins and microtrancsactions are doing so well for them. The vivendi shit is not an issue

Nigga Vivendi stopped being a threat months ago

You get special crest shape and get to click on the map, shurely that will motivate you

At first. I wanted faction exclusive heroes. You know the heroes whose sex we can't change. But I guess that was retarded.
So what if . . . we could change sex of those heroes if we're part of faction.
And 5-10% Steel/Exp increase for playing your faction heroes.

shouldnt you be working on the game roman, damien?

>uh I was proven wrong on a issue I still keep repeating for months now
>better claim Roman and Damien!
Stop

Eric?

It's Pascal.
Probably doesn't has any Powerpoint presentation to make rn.

Yep, sounds like Eric. Rework results when?

this forced meme was cringe when it began and it still is.

>>/reddit/

>He doesn't likes Pascal and his powerpoint presentations.

Solo qing 4v4 is the worst hell a man can inflict on himself

Not if youre the best dominion guy

various games that have had factions have had faction exclusive content, like WoW and other MMOs, M.A.G. had this too, i'm sure there have been others. there is literally nothing wrong with making players live with a consequence of their decisions

changing your faction means you lose rewards and thats good, but picking a faction to start with should mean you have to live with certain restrictions

and then maybe there ought to be a factionless faction, like mercs or something, who get less steel for their work or cant customise any heroes at all or something.

i dunno. it just seems retarded to make the whole aesthetic and lore and marketing campaign and etc etc of the game be about this three way clash between these warring factions and then in game you can play as a conq, who is actually a samurai, and when you play dominion you might be defending the knights side of a map, with vikings as your minions. its a mess

>"""rewards"""

An in-universe explanation exists for weird character/faction combos. The three factions aren't exactly totally unified. There are sub-groups with different ideals, motives, and methods in every faction. Perhaps, going off of your example, there is a group of knights who sympathize with/admire the samurai, perhaps even to the point of defecting entirely.

for fashion

making it that messy though just makes the whole notion of the factions pointless

they'd have been better off just making 3 factions that are unrelated to the characters, and making them all warring mercenary bands with their own lore

wendigo/10

Is there a way to private message somebody? There was this berserker cunt who run after me the whole match, well I raped her good. How do I private message that nigger that played her to tell him he is a dicksucking faggot?

>Mers cant customize gear
>literal soldiers who buy their own gear cant customiuze their gear
>and get less steel when mercs fought for money above anything

man you are retarded

okay?

I think they are going to start the rework making heros unblockables feintable

Conq heavy bash, shugo charged heavies etc

it makes no sense that some can feint them and some cant

the maoin thing that bugs me about highlander is the absolute no damage whatsoever, PK heavies do as much damage as a beast of a man weilding a claymore, what the fuck?

That would drive this place and reddit up the wall. You still have fags that just wanted simple weapon/sword play and that having “fiteh/fiteh- Wew Talent” is a bad thing and nobody likes guessing. You have to remember people still think this game is either a moba-lite or fighting game(lol) as said by the director. I’m all for making shit feintable for at least the illusion of more options, but you have to think of the mass appeal of it

is there anything worse than playing vs people who backdash NONSTOP the entire duel?