Rasputin

Was Grigori Rasputin good or bad?

Good.

Good

He's our guy.

Why?

Because he cures hemophilia and doesn't afraid of nothing.

>use magic
>fuck bitches
>tank everything (except the cold)

He was an opportunist like any other. The credulity of his royal marks, rather than his own designs, was the really devastating part.

So are you saying if it he wasn't around, someone else would've just scammed them in his place?

Quite possibly so, yes, as all it took was opportunity, gall, and the kind of charisma plenty of con-artists have.

He was literally a Wizard. Man was nearly unkillable.

He was just trying to help out a kid and get as much pussy and money as possible along the way. The whole manipulation thing was made up nonsense that Royalists used to defend their idiot of a Tsar from blame.

When will you learn that there is no such thing as good or bad. He generally a nice guy, who did not seek wealth or power. He was a religous man and some believed he was a mystic. He was good in that he tried to get the tsar to accept more liberal policies. He was bad in that he was used by the tsars political opposition to make him look bad. He was also bad in that he encouraged the tsar (along with the queen) to command the military himself, which was a terrible idea.

Long story short he did nothing wrong. He only ever tried to help both the people and the tsar.
He got a lot of shit for it, stabbed, and ultimately murdered but to be honest he has one of the coolest stories in history so I would take that trade off.

Sidenote: His daughter and her husband were scumbags. They screwed over a lot of people who thought of them as friends during the revolution for money and ran away.

you forgot to add that he was a Heavy Alcoholic and Nearly slept with every Whore in the city,

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

MY SOUL'S ON FIIIIRE

No, that's why whore is capitalized

11/10 gempost

>Get poisoned with cyanide
>Tank it, don't even know you were poisoned
>They end up shooting you
>Not dead, get up and run
>They race after and shoot you in the back
>Get your spine
>Still not dead, but can't move
>Have to be shot point blank in the head

Apparently that didn't even kill him. They tied him up and threw him in a lake after they shot him and he broke free of yhe bonds and sadly drowned to death.

>get shot point blank in the head
>still not dead
>get tied up and rolled into a carpet
>get thrown off a bridge into a frozen river
>escape rug and bindings
>drown to death while trying to scratch through the frozen surface of the river
>get my giant dong preserved and put on display in a museum

Dude was unreal

>Sidenote: His daughter and her husband were scumbags. They screwed over a lot of people who thought of them as friends during the revolution for money and ran away.
I always wondered why his daughter was so intent on getting his dong back; his dong was worth money. I've never actually read into them though. Do you have any good readings on Rasputin's daughter&son-in-law to recommend?

In reference to the daughter. Not really no. She wrote three books herself, the first one is considered the most credible. So there is at least a primary source for you.

I thought this was a given

Historians don't divide histlrical figures as good or bad. We just like good stories.