/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/11/27/3-big-new-playstation-store-releases-you-need-to-check-out-this-week/
discordapp.com/invite/C6EG5gA
youtu.be/Y-kwtUG5uds?t=10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eliza in bikini

blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/11/27/3-big-new-playstation-store-releases-you-need-to-check-out-this-week/

Was this photo what Jack was looking at in the last OP?

Redpill me on fighting Nina

That's great about Geese but uh

Will Geese add a custom option that's a hat that says "Gamer" on it? I'm growing concerned that people online don't know I'm a gamer.

Watch MannyBiggz' Nina breakdown, there's everything you need to counter the gimmicks and force Nina players to play Tekken properly

>8 hours

>you get matched with Steve

That's how many gimmicks Nina has

STOP FACKIN SWAYINNGGgguh

Nina has no gimmicks except poison mist, strings arnt gimmicks m8.

twitch tv / videos / 204834666

Aris has spoken

"Gimmick" is anything that is completely useless ( or loses a lot of its power ) once the other person knows about it, imo. That would be her df3,2 together with all the strings that lead to easy prey, can-opener, d4,1, etc

So Hellsweep is a gimmick? Glad its confirmed.

How does knowing that hellsweep exists make it useless?

Because you can block it.
Nina d3,2 works all the time at high korean play, so how could it be a gimmick unless hellsweep also is.

>How does knowing that hellsweep exists make it useless?
>Because you can block it.
/tekgen/ is reaching peak retarded levels

He either has terrible reading comprehension or is just shitposting. I'll ignore him

>doesnt know how to quote

Jesus christ, back to discord or reddit/neofag, whereve you crawled from

Who are you quoting?

He quoted perfectly though.
If you're referring to the blue link, that would be a reply, mister dumbass

/tekgen/ everybody

>Nina d3,2 works all the time at high korean play
Assuming that's a typo for df3,2 no. No it fucking doesn't.

link it properly

People who recognize a retard/shitposter and call him out on it?
Sounds like a good general to me.

So this is the power of EU hours

hh ur gemm iz bad hhah

How much should I get from Kazumis df2?
I do df2 f3f 2, bf2,1,4 fff2 for 61 damage.

this dude did a 10-hit combo

kek someone saved my screenshot of that panda panel art

What guides are there for Jack? I know there's Framewhisperer's and his guides are solid but anything else? Zaibatsu has fuck all other than a general discussion for him.

>the game only gets balanced if you invest 1000+ hours into it
>pls new players play our game an not marvel vs cuckcom

What else do you need other than FW's guide?
Jack is super basic, just listen to that guide again while taking notes and apply them, no?

It's good stuff, friend.

We aren't Mvci or any other dead game, we don't have to beg for people to play.

Winning is not the objective of a beginner, so that's perfectly fine.

Yeah that's what my goal is but just wondering if there's anything else. Reference guides are super useful and general tips are appreciated so if any such info existed I would want to know of it. Framewhisperer's guides are usually very solid but more info never hurts.

It's those damn oldschool arcade players that think so.

>tracking 4
epic simply epic

I suppose you could ask around in the Zaibatsu discord server. There's a channel dedicated to each character in it.

Here: discordapp.com/invite/C6EG5gA

THIS DUDES DOING STRINGS

Just because you learn how to deal with ling and eddy, doesn't mean you shut them down. They remain extremely powerful, especially if your character lacks good low-hitting mids.
I don't understand how this is even an argument.

there have been plenty of jack in top 8's to take notes from
you can still learn stuff from saint's matches from last year as well

Yeah was thinking I might ask them if any such documents exist because it makes the note process easier and is a handy reference.

Oh trust my Saint is number one priority for studying Jack. Even though the likes of Joey Fury, Noroma, and Anakin play him too I think it's obvious that Saint plays Jack as optimally as possible. That being said do you think any of those three are particularly defensive? Saints Jack is more the aggressive type.

Because we aren't arguing that they are good characters or not. TMM made a stupid claim that those characters are unbalanced and unfair at lower levels which is a stupid scrub mentality to have since ANYTHING can work against scrubs. Balance won't come into play until they have any fucking idea how to properly play.

What exactly is the problem with there being powerful characters?

it said it was spam :'(

You're are all Buzama da na's desu senpai

twitch
.tv/videos/204834666

there

Mainmain is kinda right though

There is literally no reason for 10 strings to still be a thing except to piss people off and not upset the Koreans

Winning is not the objective of a beginner, so there is no such thing as "balance at a low level". Stop already.

Not that guy but the fuck?

Everyone wants to win. Winning feels good, getting your ass beaten doesn't. Winning is LITERALLY the objective of everyone. You're actually fucking retarded for thinking that newbies don't want to win like what the actual fuck I can't believe I just read someone type that out.

The objectives of a beginner are
>learn the game
>have fun

Once they've learnt the game, the objectives become
>win
>have fun

You're fucking stupid.

What their inclusion in the move list? Sure everyone has said that the move lists are a mess because 10 strings are fucking pointless, hidden moves are bullshit, the way lists are sorted feels a bit arbitrary, frame data should be included, and other issues. But that isn't the crux of his argument, what he's saying is the game is unbalanced at low levels and certain characters are cheap and overpowered which is an especially bad mentality to have especially when you are a veteran with a sizeable and impressionable audience. He's throwing a tantrum like he always does but this one is getting traction because first people want to latch onto it because it gives them an excuse that it's not their fault it's the games fault and second because Speedkicks responded.

are you black by any chance?

You don't want to learn the game proper then, you just wanna win. Yeah winning feels great, but you can't win in this game until you learn how to play it properly. Arguing for a game that you won immediately even as a beginner is not asking for a competitive game that rewards skill, it's asking for a skinner box that gives you a gold star every few minutes.

Not for most people, no.
Nice argument retard.
Kill yourself you racist fuck.
That's the mindset of most people dude. There's a reason low ranks is filled with Edge Snake'ing Bryans and the likes, people there just wanna win, they have no interest in getting better at the game.

You're making no sense now, but you've been outed as a nigger so it all checks out.

>Balance won't come into play until they have any fucking idea how to properly play.
Who are "they"? /tekgen/ is full of yelowrank shitters who will never get higher. Are we supposed to ignore everybody who doesn't play tourneys, because they don't play the game as it was "intended" to be played?

Learning and knowing matchups is a lot easier than having the skill and execution to win tournaments.

stupid ass post

bix nood

anyone who's below orange rank doesn't matter. that's around where actual tekken starts. everything before that is the real tutorial

Maybe they’ll have a shirt that says “predictabo” in all caps using black outlined impact font

It's criminal that Heihachi's fundoshi is behind a paywall.

What is it about tekken that brings out the worst scrubposting. Why do shitters feel entitled to changing mechanics to suit their play?

t. 2000 win vanquisher

i wouldn't even call that bad desu

What is this meme?

>That's the mindset of most people dude. There's a reason low ranks is filled with Edge Snake'ing Bryans and the likes, people there just wanna win, they have no interest in getting better at the game
And that isn't the correct mind set of learning the game and improving. Balance means fuck all if you aren't playing the game. The game shouldn't care about what's cheap to you when you aren't putting in the time to learn it in the first place.

Not him, but I would love this considering tekken is my first fighting game.

How do I deal with Heihachi CD mixup 3? He jumps then goes low or mid with the kick. Am I just supposed to hit him out of it?

>Game works and functions properly like it's intended
>Johnny and Billy buy the game
>Johnny puts no time into learning the game and wants to mash and spam unsafe moves
>Billy spends time learning fundamentals and properly learns a character
>Johnny gets fucked up by Billy's character time and time and again
>Billy tells Johnny how to beat the move
>Johnny refuses to put in the time and instead demands that Billy's character is nerfed so he can win without learning what the character does and not investing any time in playing the game proper
Now question time: is Johnny just in making this demand or should he instead learn the game and learn to properly deal with the move? The answer is not only half your total grade for the semester but I will laugh at you if you answer incorrectly.

Just because you omit your gross anime girl this time doesn't mean your post isn't shit.

>Anime players don't care about mechanics as long as their waifu looks cute.
>NetherRealm shitters don't even have mechanics worth talking about
>Street Fighter has pros and shitters scrubposting 24/7

Are you implying half the players don't play girls in tekken solely for their dick's interest?

Yes because Tekken has actually cool characters unlike those anime games where everyone is a fucking faggot

Why won't Johnny just pick Ling and fuck up Billy?

Have you tried stepping?

Tekken is anime. Not in mechanics but in design.

youtu.be/Y-kwtUG5uds?t=10

how is knee getting goattack's id here?

Nope.

I hate Alisa's personality and design but she's my main because I love her moveset/ movement.

Lmao 17er pls go. Tekken is anime as fuck whether you like it or not.

Who the fuck asked you what you're playing?

>tekken isn't ani-

Even the mishimas and the entire story in general is extremely anime

Haven't played tekken since 5 on ps2 and I actually wanna git gud at 7. I promised myself I was gonna finally dedicate the time to learning fighting games when SCV and TTT2 came out, but since both of those games seemed to be garbage I postponed it.

Somebody tell me what the best mains are to actually learn tekken with (movement, fundamentals, etc...) one that won't put me in a habit of relying on gimmicks.

I was thinking Paul, Lee, or Dragunov. Or should I just pick a Mishima? Also, is Jin considered a Mishima character or just Devil Jin?

Lars is like that autistic Uncle everybody has, who still wears a Justin Bieber haircut in his late 40s.

Tekken 6 was a mistake

korean cheat addon

meant for calm down autist

yeah dude totally on the same level

Agreed. Think they'll give Lars an alternate non-down syndrome hairstyle in the next game like they did paul in previous games?

If Tekken is anime, why do all the girls have the same unattractive body type?

t. gay

Is the /fgg/ thread really that boring?

What in the fuck are you talking about?

Because Johnny wants to slap buttons as a male character and he is more attracted to Lily.