/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Infamous edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/36

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OggCuu-xx38
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streltsy
myarmoury.com/feature_spot_ghelm.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=OggCuu-xx38

Asking again, does gekonewer have bodyguards?
I'm sure it does, yet my companions do not appear

I didn't play gekonewer much but its there in Gekonew

heyy i havent played m&b in like 7 years now so can you tell me where i can buy bannerlord because i cant see it anywhere?

delet

I knew I wasn't mad
I wonder if something to do with the events have caused it to flip out, cause I had a companion in one scene from a random event, then never in any normal scene or event since

>cause I had a companion in one scene from a random event
The one where you're attacked by robbers in town ? Or one in the country ? Because the one in the country might use companios differently.

In the country, I figured it did but wasn't sure, but even then I haven't seen any more companions in those events
And by in the country I mean a random event pop up on the map screen
It's not too bad, but it can be a ball ache not having a bodyguard sometimes

Also looking at it I can't see the options to enable/disable bodyguards, it exists in gekonew doesn't it?

Greetings fellow knights! The march of time is inexorable, and very soon we shall see our archers arm themselves with firearms and our axes to be replaced with sabers and rapiers. But in the meantime, why don't you help me to fill out these lovely troop trees for our good old Calradian factions who have just stepped in the gunpowder era?
>inb4 you expect me to study that entire scroll? Isn't that too much to ask?
At least check your favorite faction and tell me what you think.
Also keep in mind that I was born in a land far, far away in a family of a declined nobleman and therefore this language is not native for me. There may be numerous grammar mistakes, forgive me for that.

I'll take it if they are 16th century musket and not end of 17th onwards one

What's the difference? I'm not really proficient in firearms history.

for fucks sake. will these people ever learn proper english? :^)
low res screenshot after such post and there was sure that someone won't stand this shit. Works much worse lately for some reason
I avoid gunpowder, so I can't help you there. Fav fatction, Vaegirs because they seem so miserable, Fav faction when I must accomplish anything and I have to stick to one for fileld and siedges would be Swadia, since it's quite well done all around faction with broken field setup. Which setup helps me dix shit whenever I overlook something. (happens all the time).
I tried full infantry once and it would be Rhoddoks if I had to pick one faction. I couldn't stand waiting hours till two armies meet, so I went back to cav, I just start to use vaegir knghts+lancers+bit of swadian and sarranid horsemen. Np one can proove me that they are more broken than 3 lines of husclars with sharpies behind them.

Reminder armor has almost always competed with weaponry

I've actually been sitting on (read: abandoned) a mod idea similar to this, that combines the history drama of advancing to gunpowder and my crusader fetish. Instead of creating new factions, I would have a three or four super factions. Basically Swadia and the Rhodoks unify into the Holy Calradic Empire and they have the best of both worlds - havy cavalry dominance and the best defensive infantry in the game. However, they refuse to advance into gunpowder weapons out of an obsession with the "old days" of the Calradian empire.

Meanwhile the Saranids have conquered the Khershits, and now have rifles and muskets and pistols and whatnot, on top of their fast cavalry. So they have fast, ranged cavalry of the Kherghits and new gunpowder infantry units, that has peircing damage so high even the best knights and sergeants are at risk.

I don't know where the Nords and Vaegirs fall into this. Probably just being snowniggers like usual. Anyway, that pan you have set out is really great and way more balanced/organized than what I was thinking of.

/blog

From the middle 17th century onward muskets started dominating the battlefield, causing a slow abandon of armored melee to the profit of shooting formations.
Also I like the 16th century aesthetics better

Turn Nords into Swedes with fuckload of mercenaries

here they are from a profile.
Yes I know I'm in the reflect no need to be witty about it

T H I C C

Ur in the reflet

And here is the 17th century style.

so like, they're also gunpowder units? I'm thinking they should still be infantry only, like in native, so how could one balance them with the fast cavalry-gunpowder Saranids?

Heavier damage but less armor like that dude I replied to? Maybe let them keep their offensive infantry advantage? I like your suggestion and if I could I'd start learning how to mod.

Pike, shot and mounted pistoleers pls thank you

that sounds good. i was thing the saranid cavalry would still be using lances/bows and arrows, so the vaegirs can have pistol cavalry to even it out. also maybe faster riflemen/musketmen than the saranids.

i've also decided nords should keep their offensive infantry, have heavy rifle units with good armor and extra damage, and no mounts.

the only problem is modding itself.

it would be cool if there was a mod that had a semi-randomized invading faction(s) so kingdom play wasnt so dull
hobophase will forever be GOAT, but it would be nice to recieve a message that an invading faction is approaching calradia, so you could set up a defence from sea raiders II, or the khanate remastered edition

kind of like black knights, only different each time, and more than once per playthrough

>Vaegirs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streltsy

I have never cared less about anything than I do about this comment. In fact, my apathy is so great towards it, that while reading it I felt a hole in my chest, as if reading this dumb shit created a black hole of not giving a shit inside me that was starting to consume my entire body. I thought I should tell you this because I am worried that maybe this black hole of who-gives-a-fuck-about-your-irrelevant-life might not stop at swallowing my body, but may indeed consume the entire earth (maybe even the universe). The world as we know it will change, and people will be reduced to unemotional robots, not giving any shits anywhere they go. The upside to this, of course, is that you probably won't post dumb ass comments like this anymore after this happens.

go and fight a little, behind my troops I can wear anything (except plate armor and winged helmet)

Armors that have, for example, armor A: 70 arm on chest and armor B0 arm on chest, so B has roughly 14% more arm than A. But at the field it doesn't mean you'd simply get 14% less damage at the chest. in average. It will work like this. Armor B- vast majority of hits cannot deal any damage, at most it is 2 damage. Target remains not stunned for whole test. Armor A, target was fucking destroyed by first hit. we are still looking for his leg and for new test targetr.

While we posting, ieveryone says that toothpick it's enough setup for everything, you just need to chamber everything. Siieges are pretty tricky at first because you need to chamber arrows back at archers. But instead equiping pencil, people should gitgut and chamber that witth toothpick, which is enough setup for everything as I mentioned already.
I just want that so much, to see that shit at least once (full hd and max vid settings ofc) but no one posts shit, ever. Except general based memes, but that cancer fits everywhere and nowhere at the same time, so I wonder sometimes what brought you here actually :^)

Literally what
I meant historically armor has almost always been at a competitive level to weaponry

I always repeat that I'm not 100% sure while making general conclusions at this level. Ok

II mean ' understand that someone won't wear something because of looks, be it the best armor of the given mo (i'm thinking about plate arm now). But that's painfully obvious that small trade off , few points of armor for Veeky Forums looks, doesn't end ends with slightly more sensitive but fucking Veeky Forums af kniga. It's end up with kniga runining like crazy all over the field screamin "ouch ouch ouch" on back hp or around.
I used to think I would rather be good looking corpse than shit looking and alive, but it seems that I lied. IOr mayby I'm just full of gitgutting atm, I don't know

So basically a western musketeer but with a bardiche. What about the rest of the tree? I want to base them on native vaegirs though, not actual Russia.

Batman: A Telltale game series is actually pretty fun. I like Catwoman.

fast melee cavalry with short-range gunpowder

basically native vaegir knights with pistols

Unarmoured Wooden Stick only runs are only for the true Mount and Blade elite.

haha dude is this the born of an epic new meme?

can't wait for you to spam this cancer in every thread now

>not unarmored bare fists
sorry, i'm not used to being so casual

I love you too.

>not unarmored bare fists with a CHAd build
ftfy

What are the requirements to be recruited as a mercenary?

Armor from that period looked Veeky Forums as fuck, produced like fuck and some of it was good shit
Don't neglect the fact cav still wore armour because it was still good efficiency for protection tradeoff, and a well made breastplate could stop a shot

>not unarmoured bare fists with 0 points in Power Strike and all points into Tracking

Recruit around 40-50 people and ask one of the lords if they have any tasks for you

Wew meant for

>Swadia and the Rhodoks unify
that's pretty fucking heretical

AFAIK this is not true, there are no requirements for the player to be a mercenary, the only requirement is for kingdom to be in war

look at WFAS
>swadia = poland
>vaegirs = muscovites
>khergits = crimea
>nords = sweden
>rhodoks = cossacks
>sarranids = ottomans

Am I retarded, or were Ottomans not in WFAS?

they weren't but crimea had some ottoman troops due to being a vassal state

Has Dickplomacy updated at all in forever? Also is there really any other vanilla-like mods that are better?

I agree, except mayby about great helmets, I'm sure they are so big because they had to have shitload of padding paked in there (and probably some mail coffin, extra squire and two saddles too) but I can't help it, it's looking like a guy with oversized head, like one of these fellows from Virtua Fighter Kids game
>That's my kniga. Swollen head and still some red at lifebar. But I feek dirty.
Btw. I love what 1257 modded user did about the armors in 1257. In original you have tons of most Veeky Forums armor pieces from whatever area you want- ERE, far east, middle east, generic western etc. But there are also 4 or 5 coated plates kind of arms. And I swear I tried, but I dare to say that you just won'[t Veeky Forums ones if you like keep yourself busy while in battle. Gap fuckikn hurst af.
Modded user slightly buffed 2nd grade armors, (these Veeky Forums af) and made them viable, whatever you do while in battles. It's costly, but that's fair enough.. People had to pay a lot to be Veeky Forums from like always I think. Plus it's testerday typ vs hot new kind of armor so it has to be costly to make the first one nearly as good as the 2nd..
I must give this versiion a shoot with some other build.
I still think that butchering all 2h but bringing damascus stuff while doing it isn't excatly "balancing" things. Since these 1h outpreforms every single 2h by a ton, ( I had to get it out of system, I'm sorry :^S)

>I'm sure they are so big because they had to have shitload of padding paked in there
they wore a helmet and coif underneath
heaumes weren't generally worn for melee they were more like visors

"When I am asked about the differences between Bannerlord and Warband, I say that Bannerlord is bigger, better, stronger and faster in every way. The rural areas look gorgeous, with vast grassy plains, lush forests and majestic mountains. Cities are full of life and have beautiful authentic architecture. And the combat... THE COMBAT! Charging downhill into enemy lines with a couple of hundred of your fellow cavalrymen is a uniquely invigorating experience.”
Prove it then TW. I super dare you.

>sniper rifle

It was bald memer or dancing memer i think who pointed out that the primary weapon of the musket was in fact the bayonet and you should consider muskets sort of like throwing weapons, something you do while closing/just before the charge.

With this in mind thinking of the muskets as truely 'ranged' is improper. Musket troops must be medium ranged and well capable in melee. You can have pure riflemen as a ranged unit if you want them. There has never been such a thing as a 'sniper rifle'.

probably /ourguy/ since he talks about line infantry period a lot
>There has never been such a thing as a 'sniper rifle'.
it's an overused term but there are definitely specialized marksman weapons

I don't remember the source or if it was reliable, but I've seen list of what could be inside that helmet. You couldn't say if it's headgear or small warehouse at the end.Well since you riding panzerstalion, you can handle this much and more on the shoulders.

myarmoury.com/feature_spot_ghelm.html
explains it here, sources seem to check out too

user you might know that. Were English longbows really that good? I mean they could have such power just because they were made of some fancy spanish pine kind of tree (not excatly pine, I don't know translation) and becaise of the size.
Was iit really better than nomadish double curved bow made with some bones or else remains from recent supper? (or whatever did they use)
My knowledge is near to nothing at the matter but I'm wondering if these longbows were trully so advanced pr just the best that you could made out of curved stick. You know, from ignorant point of view, you get the data that katana is final of swords evolution and sudden;ly some guy says that it's simply all that you can get from sand with traces of iron which nippon had for proper iron ore back then- this kind of story
You know that someone is tricking you, but you can't say who :^)

>Were English longbows really that good?
that depends on the bow but some of them had very high draw weights for bows iirc they go from like 90 to 170lbs
>fancy spanish pine kind of tree
hardly, they were made of yew, a lot of the yew that was in england was gone by the end of the 15th century
>Was iit really better than nomadish double curved bow made with some bones or else remains from recent supper?
composite bows? from what i can tell composite bows would get more range but yew longbows had more power, longbows weren't used for long distance shooting
>but I'm wondering if these longbows were trully so advanced
they weren't actually that advanced compared to composite bows which had a much more involved construction process, which is one of the reasons why they weren't adopted in the west

Why is AD 1257 so popular? The time period is cool, yeah, but the UI and menus look like ass.

because who gives a shit about the UI and it's not even a bad UI

After Dwarf Fortress I am immune to any kind of bad UI

>DF UI
>bad
It just looks bad, but most things can be done with a few keyboard presses once you've done it once.
Except military, fuck that tab

Because more than 3 holy knights chapters to choose from! and also a big ass map.

thanks, that's what I wanted to know
Mongols could steamroll my place, also whee I literally live once (1242 iirc) I'm pretty sue they hardly noticed that, too. they had Moscow on a leash, that's memes aside, quite an achievement. And that thing that we have for our education system barelly says shit about them. (you know every single Spartan by name and favouirite food, tho, I don't know what for). Next time that education knockoff mention them, they are not a mongols anymore, they are tatars, they wear furs, adn they are just some primitive tribe that could invent only bow and horse riding. They all wear furs and they are on our side in war versus Teutonic Orders. But what kind of magic did these primitives use to hurt most modern knight at early XV, we are not informed/. They are often pictured just like natives in NA iby Carol May- no tools, but driven with exceptional anger, and brutality they were a theat until main character arrives.
So I 've gpt tp do some reading.
I could flip a coin to check if I've been said some bullshit at historly classes and I'd be always right. I don't have coin with tails on each side, so fuck, it

Just wanted to remind you that spears are fucking useless

I'm posting Cao Cao meanwhile the Cao Cao poster is asleep, who posts in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster just to say more like Cacaposter XDD

More like cacaposter XDD

What the fuck did I just read?
Is this the fabled "american education"?

you're gonna trigger the fruitspic

It's probably because it's the best eruo map/mod available. I don't really care for it though; filled with bugs and built in retarded shit that makes anything but full armor (player and horse) useless.

you are one old ass creepy pedo fuck grandpa

The vaegars and saranids should split the kergits territory, so Halmar and Narra to the desert niggers, Tulga and Ichamur to the snow niggers. Vaegars should still be their old balanced self, with a focus on fast recruiting and quick upgrades to decent medium troops that are fairly cheap to maintain. Their strength should be in numbers and the ability resupply their troops quickly. I'd also give them a few rare marksman units as their elite troop.

This is Rhodok soil

>m-muh spears
>every bot in SP just hugs you while swinging his sword non stop
>every player in MP just blocks your one-directional thrust and kicks you to death
>ooof

Dumb newfag

someone kick me in the head because I'm deaming appareantly.
That user implied I might be from anglosphere (I won't give a fuck about any amount of '"that wasd me and I was trolling you reatard" posts, btw :^))
Anyway, I meant polish education system, but nvm, I'm screencaping shit out of that screen now.
>mom , you have to see this!
>yeah, call the tv!

So far I really like Perisno. Judging by comments and reviews it's an unpolished mix of fantasy cliches, but so far the early game is great

heheheheh oh boy prepare for the memes

>one-directional thrust
There are plently of spears that can utilize all 4 possible attack directions. The thrust is just he most lethal. The trick is to not waste your attack by hitting a block, so you need to fake your opponent out and use his blocking as time to engage another player that isn't blocking. The worst thing for spears is using them with shields as then the thrust is all you have and blocking with shields is slow af. It's also shit to fight someone with a shield because spears are useless against shields.

>perisno

more like perisno

It's okay, I like it too user, it's like my guilty pleasure

perisno is pretty good. You should blog about it on here.

>when you shitpost about MP but don't play it
activates my noggin

>complain about MP
>play mp
>'get gud'
>dont play mp
>you dont even play mp

Play 7 years until you get gud

there is nothing wrong with this
stop being shit

It's way more fun if you play on hard mode user

>wow wtf why are players harder to fight than bots??

>play MP
>get banned
I'm ok with this.

he's been confused about some /hist/ bullshit.
whatever he will start with, he's meant to play 1257 and provide some screenshots
II wonder how does it look in high resolution and all that cpu detonators "on"
Fuck, mayby these chicks are in fact the same species as these males?

pst pst. draw him dick at the forehead

> UI and menus look like ass
they are mini game itself, juts click where you used to think that shit is
You don't know shit if you meant to leave a lord and now you have to rebel and desert to do it. Or if you didn;t disband whole garrrison and yell "I mean excatly that.. bring it faggots" to opponents. Siedges themself arre even better minigame, but I won't spoil that for you

I'm gonna replace shitty irrelevant khergits with a new female only faction wearing '''armor''' from the wedding dance and there is -literally- nothing you can do to stop me.

what the fuck is this guy saying

it's like a non sequitur.

/tesg/ sounds up your alley.
And keep your faggotry there.

How do I git gud at aiming?

that's fine as long as every unit is scaled to have combat stats at 25% of the corresponding male units.

lead them in the direction you yourself are traveling

im not sure if this is accurate physics or not, it feels wrong to me

where is post your knigga user when you need him the most? sorry anonm, I hate to do it but I'm stealing your job once again

Post your knigas to prove that you play a game pls

>1 year worth of tournaments and I'm only 9 chests and 11 helmets away from getting dressed up as a band
>80% of them is rusty, few battered, 2 crude and 1 no affix. That means just that the price was right
>I'm yet to buy 1hander, but I;ve got nickname ":Looter:
>my good peasants sent me a letter if they can change name of village to Everflame. I agreed ofc, I don't want to be shit lord for them.

So my tool is getting ready. I''m curious how will I handle it, tho. Appareantly iit's not so easy to grind shit out of tournaments and fiefs at handloe usual lords life.

It's good but try not to cringe when the Zann Dynasty invades.