/nioh/ - Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Died to Onryoki

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eMJfsioZAqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Okatsu feet

Only cheaters use weapons.

If I buy the DLC now, will the new weapons immediately start appearing in my game, or only when I start the DLC missions?

Water sword is same as reaper pretty much but you can only use in highstance doesn't work in living weapon.

I just spent 150k glory on gestures I'll never use instead of waifu skins. Ask me anything.

Thanks for Ethereal Atagi, Abyss

>easy ~50k damage final blows

tea time is pretty great

for what purpose

>Onryoki still has balls on
>Turning his back again the boss
nigga just got done using his quick change rofl

I assumed there was an achievement for collecting all gestures, I was wrong.

I'm on WotN anyway so glory is easy to get en masse.

2kat design puzzles me, it has the potential to has the highest skill caps in the game but then they dropped the balls and limited some of their best skills to specific stance-only.

Is there a better LW weapon that I should be using that fits Tonfa stats then? Odachi is completely wrong for the build.

eh, doesn't that just increase the skill cap when you have to switch stances for the skills

Orochi boss fight was pretty annoying. Games like these shouldnt have bosses that arent melee friendly.

Idk I've only use kusarigama and odachi in lw so not sure if there are anymore good ones. Most of the time you just spam strong attack anyway since kato buffs strong attack.

Actually you can just stand at the edge and melee it to death. It's really not that bad you can't even fall off. Like with umi-bozu.

Holy shit being in a small clan is the best. I wasn't even actively trying be a high rank i just like visiting.

Immediately, their as common as any other weapon.

Hi, Jag.

I really need Jin's theme song, I know it's a remix of Ryu's but I can't find it

>DONATE TATENASHI
>DONATE TATENASHI
>DONATE TATENASHI
>DONATE TATENASHI
>DONATE TATENASHI
FUCK THIS GAY PEAR SHIT

50h in and still never seen whatever fucking armor this is.

I should've said the theme that sounds when you win

Literally every revenant wears it in NG+ and beyond

That doesn't help me at all.

>Doing Queens eyes
>Get lost because everything looks the same

It's probably the worst thing to have to donate till you hit dlcs/ng+ since pretty much every other rev and shit drops it after that point.

BACK TO YOUR CELL BOY!

But seriously just go back to where it all started.

I cant remember where that is

Every mission feels like a mob corridor with cut and paste props in so I'm not sure why you're having any more trouble with those particular mob corridors. I wonder how many minutes their art team spent per map.

Is there a way to unlock all of the missions on WotD without doing missions. Eariler when I completed the 3rd dlc. It just unlocked everything for strong. Can I do that again cause I'd rather not be assed with doing this 3 more times. I just want to go to the end and start farming for gear that matters.

Hello user, did i co-op with you recently?
Just beat wotn. This is where the gear grind starts i guess.

get to the second shrine in that big round room with the chairs then either there or in the room below find the door that leads outside (it's a bit hard to see because it's so dark) then just run outside until you get to the only place that you can get to and go right and down the stairs to the last shrine and from there go back down and to the kelleys

Found the way after a while. Hundred eyes seemed quite a pushover though.

If I summon a visitor should I just rush to the boss or are people fine with autists like me stopping to pick up every item and open every chest?

is it impossible to get back over there?

no, just get it after finishing the mission

You get more glory for doing more things in a stage, so go ahead.

>it has the potential to has the highest skill caps (bleh) in the game
Could you elaborate? I'm interested because after playing around with them they seemed to be very much a one or two trick pony with minimal utility. There are plenty of skills in the tree except they're all bad compared to Sign of the Cross and God of Wind, with Moon Shadow memes on humans and Water Sword in certain big openings.

If you can give me any reason I should ever skill Mortal Flow, or even do much more than back to back SoC's on most encounters I'd be interested.

>more glory
>get summoned
>do the boss, loot everything on stage
>1200 glory
how

Anyone want to do some odd random sub mission with Yokai Realm on PC WotN? I'm clearing shit and could use a partner to not get bored

I'm fine with your autism cause I actually get items out of it also. If it didn't drop items for the visitor I'd say run to the boss. They are there to help you do whatever not just boss rush. I've had some try to rush me to the boss so I'd intentionally stop and start picking up extra shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=eMJfsioZAqg I think he means this kind of skill.

If I clear the mission as a visitor does it count as completed for me as well?

Nope.

If you're doing yokai realm with companion and not the random encounter it should count for you as well.

There's no "visitor" in yokai realm. It's basically normal videogame co-op, not the Souls style stuff.

What are some good items for a kuni /shuriken build for way of the strong?

That's pretty nice. It would probably be better than doing that shit solo.

Alright I repeated abyss floors 21-24 a few times and turned all my gear ethereal. I know higher is better but I didn't need graces since I'm running a ninja build.

What are some divine armor and weapon skills I should keep my eye out for? I already put reset number of soul matches on all my weapons and armor.

thrown damage x2 on 4 items
nekomata + tanuki

>I think he means this kind of skill.
Oh you mean literally just executing a pattern that you've figured out will stun lock a boss so you don't have to respond to any of his mechanics? Gotcha.

nekomata + tanuki is so overrated. You lose damage and skills for tool regen but you can get 50%+ tool regen for free with the iga jounin two piece bonus which is more than enough.

Bunny + cat is the way to go for kunai builds imo

Haven't played the game since it first came out, never came close to finishing ng+

I bought the dlc and want to replay it, should I start fresh or just do ng+? Is there any positives to a fresh NG since I haven't played the dlc or am I just wasting my time?

I'd be down to do some WotN Yokai Realm coop later today. It's not like the difficulty is particularly hard, I'm just tired of doing the same missions for the 5th time and having a partner (especially one that's built differently) with increased mob count/boss shenanigans would make it interesting

Plus we can always laugh and make webms at each others' expense if some funny shit happens

I'm planning on changing the paralysis to either wind or water, what do you chumps think should I change the inheritable to?

You should change your weapon to something that's not shit i.e. not tonfa.

>tfw I decided to try coop for one mission and now I can't stop because it's too fun

Why would you change it when the set bonus gives enhances paralysis?

Just continue where you left off there is no point in going back. The dlc starts at ng+ and ends at ng++ pretty much.

Why remove para when you can use it to set up grabs and get grapple damage.

Fun>Good kekeke

what's so fun about it
are there any actual benefits for the host?

Elemental effects on weapon are really garbo at that level, you'd be better off with weaken weapon or weaken chest. Another option might be KI reduction while guarding.

there's setups that can't fit even one piece of iga onto them
dragon ninja for example is way better off using 3 slots on grace of izanagi

Shit's easier.

how do you set up grabs?

You can grab people who are paralyzed. Just like they are out of ki.

You just grab. A paralyzed enemy is basically the same as a ki-broken enemy.

>people
can you actually paralyze a boss?

I fell in the hole on the fucking bridge three times now. What the fuck is wrong with me?

You can, but most of them have high resistance against it.

Correct! I'm opening up the Yokai realm every now and then to see if I get any hits, I'll be monitoring the thread for a while

Do larger numbers for elements on weapons fill the bar faster? Like, Fire +10 as opposed to Fire +5?

I'm up for doing some side-missions on WotN

I completely missed that. Well then, thanks my dude.

How do I do the 1kat backflip?

You need A agility

What ninja sets should I be aiming for going into way of the nioh?

I used 5 piece hayabusa 4 piece iga jounin for all of wotw, but the 5 piece hayabusa bonus can be tempered onto any ethereal chestpiece so I have no reason to keep wearing that set now. Should I just go full iga jounin?

What is the fairest, least bullshit boss?

Level 1 naked run bare handed damage

Orochi I've never died to him lol.

What clan should I go if I want to keep LWing the living shit of Abbyss? So far, I was in Date, but since I'm in wotw yet, I cant go full heavy set. So, is Todo even worth? Or Oda?

Did you even look at the clans? Ishida obviously

Ishida gives like 20% damage

>try to coop
>keep getting summond to Umi-bozu in NG
>host immideately dies as soon as he steps into the boss room
I wish there was a fucking difficulty filter like they have for yokai realm

And how do I keep my LW up enough to kill a tanky boss? I hit with Moonlit Snow something close to 50k per hit(backstab) and is VERY hard to do a complete MS to some bosses.

Just spam strong attack lmao

Just spam strong attacks they do pretty much the same and you can evade between them if needed.

>can't beat vampire succubus boss

Pleaides and Extraction Talismans? You might also want to look into using Kigetsu 4 piece bonus + Hermit and Carnage/Leeching Talismans

Use the anti-paralysis needles.

Why not friend do you not use antiparalytic needles. Also blocking is your friend learn to use it. Blocking one attack to dodge out of another will extend your life expectancy massively.

Umbracite starts dropping off regular mobs and bosses.

Is bonus after dash/ evasion attack useless?

But I AM using it. The thing that bothers me the most is that IF I get hit, 70% of my LW gauge goes to shit, and some bosses can grab me and kill me INSIDE the fucking LW,

What difficulty are you on?

What do you guys prefer? Hosts that rush in head-first into combat or hosts that play more defensively in order to survive, but as a result deal next to no damage?

No? The increase attack buffs are like 13% damage (for me at least)

Holy shit can the devs ban these cheating niggers or block them off leaderboards Top 27 on oda is fucking 40mil glory. First guy that's not 40mil is like 100k.

How is my clan suppose to fucking win with these fucking losers at the top all the time.

Why is oda so popular?

Unreleated but what are good clans? Been using todo for the heavy armor bonus but feel that the extra health is not really worth it anymore.

You know what to do, user. If you can't beat them, join them.