Slablands General

Red heads edition

GAMES
Slablands: mega.nz/#F!BgcgBRxD!iTqbr5QmQ5IwUOAEZSBpyQ

Slablands Design Document:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ACXD-AWlYHDrXmS726OBihS4CSz7c9nL4kZtB4fifH8/edit?

Slablands Bug and Typo Reports:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1l0nMswToZ5ZMLL7vLwMdKU_mE8rmz70NC7Hz5XUzUD0/viewform

Slablands changelog:
docs.google.com/document/d/1noFLFeDmuGPv4rfd_6fyqLCbC-VdPpaWb1S-8kr-1t4/edit

>F.A.Q s
pastebin.com/qMKLk0hH
pastebin.com/8c2sLaZP
History of /slabg/
docs.google.com/document/d/10rpdpabjVzkTmy37wo18sN-PvDTNaxrYVbWjY_ZKERE/edit
No pastebins allowed, use etherpad or google docs for your writing.

>Variable reference and style FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/1P-irx43qxBg2nFN_YieZ52g9uLmRXJGIIZb4n8kQyc8/edit?usp=sharing

Sheepies guide to writing mobs
docs.google.com/document/d/1cUmHJ6IS7GEoxmAncl0A4Fegx3fJZTbAO_OtCUuKdyU/edit

Hey, you, browsing this shit! Consider writing/editing for Slablands to COMBAT THE ANTHROPOMORPHIC, FUTA, FEMDOM MENACE! (note: writing a submission is actually a pretty huge undertaking! Consider adding content for existing contributions or joining other people's projects first before starting your own, we don't need 6576534 half-finished unique NPCs.)
Writing is nice, but if you don't feel up to that task, try editing for one of the projects! Every comment helps!

Project Lists:
General: pastebin.com/qMvXVtXw
Slablands: docs.google.com/document/d/1WHpHx_mZ0lV9r-I9XdsgyLuN5Yiaf61v3IhaDbSuvQs/edit
No pastebins allowed, use etherpad or google docs

>Wiki
slablands.wikia.com/

Slablands maps:
dropbox.com/sh/hpoqlyo2euujm8m/BtAMkXHp2c

Friends of Slablands
pastebin.com/dtr2Lxg5

Cheats
pastebin.com/SzCcEWjz

Music to listen to while browsing the thread:
youtube.com/watch?v=RPMTZfNSXYQ

Previous thread Aco thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!BgcgBRxD!iTqbr5QmQ5IwUOAEZSBpyQ
pastebin.com/qMKLk0hH
pastebin.com/8c2sLaZP
docs.google.com/document/d/1P-irx43qxBg2nFN_YieZ52g9uLmRXJGIIZb4n8kQyc8/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1cUmHJ6IS7GEoxmAncl0A4Fegx3fJZTbAO_OtCUuKdyU/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1WHpHx_mZ0lV9r-I9XdsgyLuN5Yiaf61v3IhaDbSuvQs/edit
slablands.wikia.com/
pastebin.com/SzCcEWjz
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/slablands/
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/394474109/#394484210
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I need to play this

Not him, but someone did this a long time ago

Of course though, this guy is going to take every OP hostage and spam images so there are too many posts to make a new one and just keep adding even more links to the already too big OP instead of just removing extraneous bullshit like the history of slabg doc. We're not even slabg anymore and no one cares about age old drama about fenoxo since we're not fueled by spite anymore. We also don't need three faqs + the desgn document and we don't need the pastebin list because everything there that matters is already in the doc.

I'm sure someone will try to say that I'm samefagging again but I'm going to keep complaining about the OP until it actually gets changed, not just enlargened.

Yeah no one is asking for that just the cheats.

too lewd

He said "Also" so he was talking about beth.

Slablands: mega.nz/#F!BgcgBRxD!iTqbr5QmQ5IwUOAEZSBpyQ

Bug/Typo Reports:

Changelog:

F.A.Q
pastebin.com/qMKLk0hH

Want to write for us? Check these out
>pastebin.com/8c2sLaZP
>docs.google.com/document/d/1P-irx43qxBg2nFN_YieZ52g9uLmRXJGIIZb4n8kQyc8/edit?usp=sharing

Sheepies guide to writing mobs
>docs.google.com/document/d/1cUmHJ6IS7GEoxmAncl0A4Fegx3fJZTbAO_OtCUuKdyU/edit

No pastebins allowed, use etherpad or google docs for your writing.

Hey, you, browsing this shit! Consider writing/editing for Slablands! (note: writing a submission is actually a pretty huge undertaking! Consider adding content for existing contributions or writing a single scene.)
Writing is nice, but if you don't feel up to that task, try editing for one of the projects! Every comment helps!

Project List:
docs.google.com/document/d/1WHpHx_mZ0lV9r-I9XdsgyLuN5Yiaf61v3IhaDbSuvQs/edit

Wiki
slablands.wikia.com/

Cheats
pastebin.com/SzCcEWjz

----

Alright, you fucks, this is the last time. It might also be a good idea to consolidate all of the writing docs into one pastebin, and then link out from there to make our op less huge

Nah.

this is my favorite general on this board

I'm willing to consolidate the pastebins. Your other changes, no.

lmfao

I look forward to seeing what tats has to say

Considering all he wanted was aco added, nothing. What you're whining about doesn't matter now and won't ever matter.

Can confirm. Consolidating the pastebin is a good idea.

I'd be okay with this only.

>Nuh uh, it's my general and I'm going home!
>It doesn't matter because I say so!
>You disagree with me and you're all one person
Fucking autism. And you wonder why people shit talk us all the time.
You don't control the general so why are you the one who gets the only say here?

We get shittalked because our game is unpolished and furries hate us.

Anyways Tats has spoken. A lot of people disagree with you, I'm not discussing this with you any further. Eventually you will get over.

We need to remove the bullshit from 6 years ago. It's old news, and no longer relevant. Everything about coc is contained in the pastebin, but in a less autistic form

We don't need to have maps in the op, or the design doc, etc. You can place that all in one resources pastebin if you absolutely need it linked

No.

Just because you whine the most and the loudest doesn't mean we are going to give into you. Consolidating is a good idea, the rest isn't.

>Furries hate us
Delusion at its finest. You can't attribute every bit of hate to furries when the people who are interested in this game are people who hate furries. Especially when this game is a lot more than just "unpolished"
>A lot of people agree with you
That's doubtful considering there are basically four people that have actually weighed in on this opinion. One of them being the guy who posted the new OP and one of them being you. Then there is one guy that is just going to spam "no" or "I don't wanna" sentences every time.
>I'm not discussing this with you any further
You haven't done any discussing in the first place. You've just plugged your fingers in your ears and blame it all on one person. You still have yet to actually give any sort of reason why you think we need to have a constant reminder about how much we hate Fenoxo in the OP other than "but it doesn't matter, i hate change". Then you try to play the "but I'll tattle on Tats" and then he fucking agrees that some shit needs to change and you go back to your same schtick.
The maps and the design doc hold valueable information about the game (That no one even gives a shit about anymore since there is no plot and no one writing anything lore relevant.

What will improve if the OP gets changed?

Ignore the whiner tats.
Don't feed his autism.

They're under some sort of delusion that it will change anything.

>Delusion at its finest
Archive of posts in furry threads say otherwise when we come up.
>That's doubtful considering there are basically four people that have actually weighed in on this opinion.
Oh so you're saying that no one cares except you. Glad we are in agreement.
>everything else
Your over inflated ego doesn't matter to me

Nothing.

Perhaps the reputation of the general and more newcomers? It's pretty damn intimidating see that huge wall of text, and the opening autism about furries and futas isn't great either

The real question is what will WORSEN if the OP gets changed? I honestly need this question to be answered because I don't know why anyone would be resistant to change simply because they hate changing things. There is absolutely nothing to lose. Please fucking answer this because it's illogical. Do YOU care about Fenoxo anymore? There is literally no reason to at all, and much less reason to have pages of shit cataloguing Fenoxo.

I've written a longer post before this that no one read, but the gist of it is about looking like we're actually trying to look like we're making an effort instead of stewing in the same shit for years on end like it always looks like.
>Still thinking it's one person
I really don't understand. There was even a unique IP counter for both of our posts, so how exactly do you still say it's the same person? There are 6 unique posters here so why exactly do they all have to be one person + tats + you?

>Perhaps the reputation of the general
You have no proof of this.

As already explained our problem is just unpolished gameplay,

Fucking nothing, only thing I see people complaining about us gameplay

Right now it's not a resource, it's a dump of links where the vast majority are useless. Why do we need the project list back from when rootip was a thing?

When you look up stuff about the game in other threads. The only thing that comes up is too much clicking, what do I do, where is the sex.
Literally the only person that brings up our history or the op is this autist right here.

As the one who was posting about slab in the aco threads, yeah, I do. They think we're autistic for holding onto fen shit for this long, and they're right.

Only thing that should be changed is making a pastebin called resources for the links.

I'm the one that makes those threads and reads those threads. It doesn't come up, you can't get away with lying to me you stupid motherfucker.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/slablands/
Read up because it's a long one. This is literally candid shit people say when they bring us up and it's definitely not all about gameplay either.
>slablands could be a decent game if they accepted ANY criticism and didn't immediately go extreme autism on you saying you were a brony and worshipped fenoxo
>sadly it's fueled 100% by spite, I'm legitimately surprised that the first scene with the demon king is rather good considering how bad the rest of the game is
it even has the same amount of furry as coc does
Only the second post is me, dumbass. How did you think I posted twice in less than a minute?

>One post about it from someone who is a cocfan
>Everything else that comes up is about gameplay
GOLLY GEE THANKS FOR PROVING ME RIGHT

Nothing will improve tats this person is power tripping and thinks that their way is the only way.

Not the slablands thread, the wegs.

The reputation of the general won't change by changing the OP, and you can't complain about autism here. Look where you are.

>There is absolutely nothing to lose.
There is also absolutely nothing to win, and changing stuff just for the sake of it is meaningless.

>we're actually trying to look like we're making an effort.
Discuss about the plot, the gameplay and how to improve it instead of discussing about the OP.

Yeah it doesn't come up there either.

And we are done here.

Take out the old project list reeeeee

Lel

Do you have a new updated one?
Glad we can move off this topic since it's unproductive.

You want to cling to six year old shit about fen? Why do you even want his name in the pastebins at all?

Also what do you think the purpose of the op is? It's the first thing people see when they open a thread

There are people who are actually saying the game is good
>Ignoring literally of the posts and doing exactly what someone said you were going to do which was blame everything on a coc fan
What fucking plot? You have yet to actually say anything regarding the plot so there basically is none at all. How the fuck are we supposed to discuss anything? This is supposed to be your game and yet you do nothing but code and type one sentence responses very seldomly.

This discussion was never about positive feedback. Nice deflection though. Really makes me think.

What are you doing in the next update?

He's right about the plot thing you know.

It's the only thing he's said so far that is legitimate. Because it's something important about the game and not MUH OP DO IT MY WAY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What? The correct one is in the op. Take out the one from six years ago which hasn't been touched since

I honestly don't see how asking to remove the ancient project list from 6 years ago, the design doc, and the maps is muh op reee

Again, read any of the other posts there. I don't know why you would just ignore all of that shit and only bring up one to dismiss 11 pages of people shit talking us. Fucking 11 pages. Are you shitting me? Considering no one that's heard of us already has a good opinion of us, anything at all is enough progress towards a better track record. Acting as if it changes nothing just because you personally don't see it is completely ignorant. You're not trying to change the opinion of people who already like the game, you're trying to change the opinion of people who don't like the game and people who haven't seen the game before so they will retain a decent opinion of us. Just because it's not brought up often doesn't mean people don't bring it up. It also doesn't mean people won't think it without posting it either.

Don't pretend thats everything they want.
I don't know why you insist on ignoring reality but you keep doing so.

It's over. You're not going to change anyones minds about this.

Point out actual flaws with the game which is what we need fixed.

>Just because it's not brought up often doesn't mean people don't bring it up. It also doesn't mean people won't think it without posting it either.
Okay Nixon.

You wanna know the actual reason why it's not brought up much? It will totally blow your mind. Most people don't mind or care.

>Plot.
There is still a continent that needs to get finished before developing the plot, so I can't really comment on that, but I think that developing area lore would be a good option in the meantime.

It depends on what's ready. I'd like to change the fortress mobs first so I'm focusing on writing proper replacements.

That's literally what I did the fixed op though

I'm sick of that excuse, we've been stuck in the desert forever, either give us the plot or write the next continent now.

The only one who is ignoring reality is you, living in your own little perfect world where everyone magically likes you just because you put in effort. That's not how it works. You need to make progress. No one is going to think we are good just because we made a bit of effort in a small time span. The game progression is obviously the bulk of it, but there is absolutely no reason why we can't improve the OP and cut the fucking fat.

NO ONE HAS YET TO ACTUALLY ANSWER THE QUESTION OF WHY WE NEED THE 7 YEAR OLD FENOXO DRAMA DOCUMENT IN THE OP

>Point out actual flaws with the game
Someone on /v/ did just that in one of the posts you completely ignored. boards.fireden.net/v/thread/394474109/#394484210
Most is not everyone. Doesn't mind doesn't mean doesn't care. We're in the fucking red here. Everyone with prior knowledge fucking hates us. A single person who leaves with a positive experience is a good thing. How many writers do you think we've gained over the past year? I'm interested to know what you think here because I guarantee that you're overestimating it.
>I can't really comment on that
You can't comment on anything it seems. You can't hold any opinions of your own unless people explicitly ask you several times. Then you give an excuse about being busy. No one fucking cares if you're busy, everyone is busy. The problem here is that it actually seems like the writers put more time spent thinking about this game than you do. Are you in the mentality that people don't like you so you're just going to stay out of it? That's only going to make things worse. People complain about you all the time not because they don't like you but because you refuse to change anything and let things stagnate.

>thinking I can't read or notice details
Holy shit this is pathetic.

Tats just ignore this person. Not matter what anyone says to this person they're just going to reply with more butthurt. Not worth feeding.

I recommend working on more polish in gameplay and clicking reduction if you reach a point of having nothing else to do.

Holy shit

Point out what's different or quit shitposting

>Left because we aren't like flexible survival
Good riddens.

>being this disingenuous
>that first one.

Won't do it? Or can't?

How the hell does that even make sense?
>They wanted us to change something so that means they wanted us to become a different game
This is legitimately just no excuse for this. It's actual criticism and you still want to blame it on someone else.

Still waiting to the answer to why we need the 6 year old fen autism in the op, and when tats will actually give us the plot

I'm not sure what your point is by screenshotting a post that isn't even true.
That person was someone that wanted our sex scenes to be like flexible survivials. Which are like 3 sentences for the most part.

It's not actual criticism. It's literally a different way of doing sex scenes that is literally lazy.

Even the coc community hates sex scenes like that.
Also autistically spamming us stuff you cherry picked only further proves we need to just ignore you frankly.

>Also autistically spamming us stuff you cherry picked only further proves we need to just ignore you frankly.
I'm pretty sure some of the screenshots he's posting are likely his own posts.

Likely no one is going to reply because they've got it in their heads that we're just being autistic.

It's really depressing too because I've wasted all this time and effort writing these posts because I want nothing more than this game to get up and running at full capacity and for people to like us want want to help. Instead, I am treated by people stuck in the mud and think changing is bad. I don't get how I'm just "whining" because I want to see changes happen in the hopes people will stop shit talking us. But apparently, if we stay the exact same and continue to push out 1 thing every month because only three people are writing anything, things will get better. Maybe we can reach part two in 2019, right guys?
It's not cherrypicked, I literally linked ALL of those posts in and you're not reading them. He's posting the screenshots because you're making a concious effort to make excuses and pretend they're not there.

You still haven't answered the question of why we need the Fenoxo drama in the OP still either.

>come back to a bunch of posts
Oh boy discussion! Maybe we have a new writer, or at least some new content!

>it's just shitposting
a-at least it's just like the old times, r-right?

>we're just being autistic.
You are.
>Thinking change is bad
We think changing the game is fine. Thats what matters, nice attempt to paint everyone disagreeing with you in a disingenuous way though.
They are cherry picked because you went for ones that only portray YOUR opinions and ignore the rest that have nothing to do with it. Which are the majority.

We aren't removing it from the op. You need to get over it.

Please no one bother replying to this person anymore. They're autistic, they don't seem to understand that what matters is fixing the game and not an op in a thread.

Some autist is throwing a temper tantrum and shitting up the thread with mostly things that don't matter.

They also posted one legitimate criticism so far which was about the game itself.

>cherry picked
Shall I keep going? I've only been through 3 pages and I have about 50 of these

It's extremely pathetic.

I don't even care anymore honestly. We'll be dead in a couple of months anyway, the way this thread is going

Well we do have this autist determined to shitpost about the op all of the time to drive people off and is now spamming us with cherry picked screenshots.

I guess thats his plan to finish us off.

No offense, but you sound kinda autistic yourself, dude.

I'm not the one spamming the thread because I'm not getting my way like a manchild.

You really can't say what matters and what doesn't when you're proposing NOT to change anything at all. There is really no reason to be disagreeing with me unless you don't want things changed for the better. You haven't given a single fucking reason why what's there needs to stay there, most especially not the reason why the fenoxo doc needs to stay there. It doesn't make any fucking sense. It's so delusional I really can't wrap my brain around it. You ignore everything anyone says and then you try to say everyone is autistic and the same person. Not a single one of my questions has been addressed.

There are absolutely no posts that put us in a good light unless you go far back either. Not that I've actually looked through all 11 pages because that's rediculous. You're welcome to go find one that actually sings our praises that's from the past year though. I'm sure there's at least one in there somewhere.

>Still thinking I'm the only fucking person talking about this
I don't fucking get it. I WANT this game to thrive. That's why I write for it. That's why I waste my time to type these autistic posts and that's why I'm trying to convince you that it's not one person and that I am arguing on the side of progress. Nothing will change without progress and to deny some form of progress because "nothing will change" and IGNORE everything is fucking stupid.
Funny coincidence becuase I'm not either. No matter how hard you try to paint me as the only person disagreeing with you that's just not going to happen. I think there's something that you need to get over as well.

Interesting. I'm also a writer, and my stance on the op has gotten me shitposted at so many times. Even when I wanted the coc out of the general, same thing there.

>You really can't say what matters
I have several times.

Let me help you out since you're slow.
The game itself, The game itself, The game itself, The game itself, The game itself, The game itself, The game itself, The game itself, The game itself, The game itself, The game itself, The game itself,
You understand it yet?
>you're proposing NOT to change anything at all.
Except all of my proposals I have made in this thread over the last couple of month have been about the game. You know the thing that matters? The game.
I'm going through the archives right now. 99% of the complaints I'm looking at are about the fucking gameplay. I was going to count up how many I see going through the archive to further prove how dumb you're being about this. But after I counted nearly every goddamn post about us being about the gameplay I'm not going to bother.

Want to talk gameplay? We've been trying to get tats to give us some sort of plot for months, but he want. Guess what's a main complaint? The plot. There isn't any. You just wander around aimlessly doing nothing. There's no direction.

Other writers are working on the first continent, and the desert is still unfinished.

My opinions are mine, and I'm actually pretty busy. The stagnation and refusal to change are valid points, though, since I usually do stuff on the background, but things get changed when there are suitable alternatives, like the UI, the character generation screen, the battle text, vendor screens, and other stuff.

Because it's not necessary to change the OP, and the plot will be developed when Erebus gets finished.

You want to see changes, and I appreciate your enthusiasm, but there are other ways to do stuff. I wanted changes, I sent some mails, and I ended up learning Ren'py and Python.
>But the plot!
The plot is not relevant, since the main idea discussed was to leave the plot hanging, since the PC wasn't forced to follow it, and focus on the existing areas instead, expanding them with sidequests and events. Do you really want to check the stuff on areas that are not even made yet?

>The OP.
We had a discussion like that months ago, just like when people asked about jumping ship to other boards. Unless there are real benefits on changing the OP, I don't think it should be changed. The /aco/ thread was a good idea, leaving this board wasn't.

So, what, we sit and wait like we've been doing for the past year or so? Maybe even longer?

You need to give the pc something to do. It doesn't have to be huge. Let them have a vision, find an engraving in the castle, something, and then give them someone to talk to or a library book to read. There's just no sense of progression besides the castle right now.

No that isn't the main complaint. That is a complaint I see, but thats not the main one. The main complaint is the fact the gameplays like ass with too much clicking, can't tell the time of day because you randomly passed out due to energy loss, TOO MUCH FUCKING CLICKING, HAVING TO SEE THE SAME TEXT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, THE CLICKING THE CLICKING THE CLICKING THE CLICKING, COMBAT REBALANCE, BEING EASILY ABLE TO SEE THE STATS OF WEAPONS, SEEING YOU ENERGY SO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO POINTLESS PASS OUT.

Do you know why I have to explain this all to you? It's because you didn't actually go through the archive and actually look at the main complaints. You just looked for the only ones that said what you wanted and not the majority of them which are about the gameplay.

All of the hubs of the games certainly made our world feel bigger however we have so little content in them that it makes our world just feel empty which was why I was against 30 trillion hubs from the start.

>the intro
I never wanted a long intro. Just put a skip button that goes straight to the transformation scenes I don't give a shit.

I'd love to know who these shitposting writers are

>a main complaint
I agree with you, you know. Also I didn't say anything about the hubs or intro...?

Honestly, the only reason I ever started writing for this general was because I was around when it first came up and forgot about it for a long time. If I didn't have an urge to writefag shit, I likely wouldn't have even remembered it again and if I hadn't been around when it started, I definitely wouldn't pay this general any attention.
The point I was trying to make here was
>Nothing will change without progress and to deny some form of progress because "nothing will change" and IGNORE everything is fucking stupid
and
>Most is not everyone. Doesn't mind doesn't mean doesn't care. We're in the fucking red here. Everyone with prior knowledge fucking hates us. A single person who leaves with a positive experience is a good thing. How many writers do you think we've gained over the past year? I'm interested to know what you think here because I guarantee that you're overestimating it.
and
>No one is going to think we are good just because we made a bit of effort in a small time span. The game progression is obviously the bulk of it, but there is absolutely no reason why we can't improve the OP and cut the fucking fat.
All parts of my post that you have ignored. You still haven't answered why the Fenoxo document needs to stay there
>Other writers
Who? What are they writing? What's being written right now other than Caede? There is absolutely no one writing anything about the desert right now.
>Things are changed when there are suitable alternatives
>Like the UI
You made the UI uglier rather than actually improving it. The UI is still extremely clunky and there is so many problems with it being utterly garbage everywhere like things going back to the top menu instead of going back, the journal, and other shit that I actually said before when I made a suggestion in the first survey we did
>The battle text
It's only marginally better. It's really jarring to actually read especially since it's in the corner and the lines are smushed.

Please don't alienate the last two people in the world who put up with this nightmare

I came here because I saw coc in the title, and wanted to write for it. Got set straight by the thread, and the rest is history.

To be honest sometimes I think about just quitting and taking commissions. I get emails about doing it every once in a while. Mostly I just take breaks to write for other threads though when this one gets too bad or dead

You want to make the game something more new people want to write for?
The game has to play well, things have to be easy understand, people have to see something they want to write for. Which we don't have with our current game which has been the core of the problem for a while now.
Because you said talk gameplay. I went over the actual complaints instead of just making shit up like some retard keeps doing.
You can fuck youself about the op. I'm literally ignoreing anything you say about it from now on. It's not a problem, only very very very small minority people care about and it and most of them hate us for other reasons. The archive literally shows that.

But you keep whining about the op which isn't going to change instead of talking about the things that everyone else comaplains about which is the gameplay. I'm sure that will get you places amite.