/2hug/ - Touhou General - 66

Delete this.
Previous thread: >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>Fangames pastebin
pastebin.com/CkevyNjm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xtfq-807OnA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for meaningful discussions.

Now the true game starts.

Bullying Youmu!

Is she carrying a fumo?

Exactly as muscly as she is.

but really, anything short of /d/-tier

I mean, she only wants the best for her, and everyone. It's her job.

No, that's a revolver. I think it's just a remi doll instead of anything special really.

There's super muscly Yuugi and there's the thick Yuugi
>anything short of /d/-tier
what?

He probably means like women who have a body like Jonathon Joestar instead of just being athletic.

Best final bossu?

I'm gonna vote Yuyuko. Junko and Okuu come a close second though.

First is always the best.
So Remi!

Okuu

Why does she need a gun if she can instantly destroy anything?

Not sure about my favorite character who is also a final boss, but best character AS final boss is Junko.

Kanako!

Both are great, though i usually prefer somewhere in between. Thick, but with good muscle tone.
And yeah, that's exactly what i meant

Junko, followed by Yuyuko, i'd say

Probaby Yuyuko. It's thematically superior to all the others just for the final card.

ZUN doesn't makes the final fights as flashy as in PCB or IN anymore, even if the closest we've got have been Okina with her final card and maybe Okuu with the warning signs.

that took way more lives than it needed to

Style, it's a bit more dramatic to spin the cylinder on a revolver, flick it closed and fuck up the timing on the revolver because you busted the crane by flicking it closed and blasting the frame and fucking your hand up destroying something.

Because some people won't die even if they're killed

Remilia, but they're all pretty good.

Okuu or Kaguya

To nerf herself? It would get boring if you could destroy anything instantly.

>Remi's sister is for ____

Not much of a nerf in Gensokyo. In a spell card duel it's not much different, in an actual fight she's got a massive advantage over 99% of the population.

Bullying Alice!

Footrubs! and footjobs

Remi!

I'm proud of my girl

Sexually dominating you.

>not sexually dominating her

Hecatia!

sux

Shiki is taller than I remember. Did she have her first period?

The older sister is better.

I always figured Shiki was supposed to be older, just she didn't get a womanly body like Komachi does.

>In a spell card duel it's not much different
I don't know if that counts as a spellcard, but Sumireko has a spell that's a single instant shot from a gun. So it's not gonna be very fair if Flan uses a revolver.

I was talking mainly outside of spellcard rules, seeing as it would be infinitely harder to destroy stuff with a revolver. An actual revolver in spellcards rules would be busted.

Oh, I totally agree with you, but I'd still fuck Flan.

Yeah, that's because she's not as horny as Komachi. This girl is full of hormones.

Forgot to actually quote.

>Laying with death
My brain says no, but my penis says yes.

I mean, I'd fuck pretty much any 2hu given the choice.

Flan doesn't look too thrilled about her sister licking her foot.

Flan is a faggot, I wish Remilia would lick my feet.

Well, yeah, Sumireko has a gun for a spell card which is likely .380, so it's a popgun in comparison to most common movie revolvers but that's still a spellcard duel, there's rules to balance those sorta things. Outside of a duel it's very strong, because I mean, how many characters have a proper ranged attack? They can throw magic sure, but a 9mm or 10mm hole in their chest isn't gonna be very pleasant.

Scarlet threesome!

My headcanon > ULIL

What is that even supposed to mean? Who are you quoting?

No man could handle both of these semen demons at the same time.

I dunno, I'd try. Whether or not I survive the night is a different story.

>Who are you quoting?
He isn't misusing the greentext, user.

>proper ranged attack?
Sakuya has knifes and time stop, Marisa has Master Spark, which can destroy mountains apparently and Reisen also can use guns, which maybe she could get from Korindou.
Youmu and Meiling are fucked against a revolver though.

I can't think of anyone else however, but surely there must be other 2hu's that can defend themselves.

Well I mean, most 2hus can defend themselves, like I said magic still exists. Though then you get into the question of how easily can magic be dodged outside of a spell card duel. That and the debate of Spiritual vs Non-Spiritual attacks and youkai.

>That and the debate of Spiritual vs Non-Spiritual attacks
Wait, is Master Spark considered a Spiritual attack? I thought of it as concentrated energy, but I guess that counts as a spiritual attack of sorts, so diregard Marisa.

I was mainly looking for 2hu's that had Non-Spiritual attacks to deal with revolver Flandre.

Day 4 of playing 16.
At least I beat my highscore and lost my first credit to the midboss slut instead of fairies
The stage 4 fairies seem are starting to feel a bit more manageable. I've learned that I can go up into the corners at the top when they start cramping my area at the bottom. Making progress at least.

I think magic in general probably counts as spiritual attacks in 2hu.

I wish ZUN showed more non-danmaku battles
All we have is Reimu splitting fortune teller's head in half and marisa crushing a little baby tsukumogami

Thing is, if you want to get technical most touhous don't have spiritual attacks, just magical ones. See all the moonbitches, anyone who isn't a taoist, shintoist or a buddhist, and Sakuya and Marisa. Sakuya is especially bad since she's an atheist that throws silver knives.

>All we have is Reimu splitting fortune teller's head in half and marisa crushing a little baby tsukumogami
Post either of these things

Puffy murderer!

Okay someone give me tips here cause I feel like I'm missing something.
How the fuck do I beat these sisters with one credit left? everything goes fine for the first three stages, then the 4th stage will drain me two credits, and then the last one will drain me of the last three with the death always being on the first sister I fight.
Should I be picking one in particular? being on any specific part of the screen and moving in a better direction that's better able to not get hit?

Also how do I deal with the the last wave of Danmaku before the boss: the slow to fast yellow one?

Refer to this
I also think that magic is considered a spiritual attack, wbich is why I took Master Spark off my list, despite it dealing physical damage.

Sakuya's knifes, even if they're shitty against a gunfight, are at least physical and could damage Flan if she could get a good shot.
Youmu's swords would be useless against her, unless she could go full Raiden and deflect anything Flan throws at her.

Bomb nigga, just fucking bomb anything in your way.
Your bombs are there for a reason.

>sakuya's normal knives are less effective than Youmu's youkai forged magical blade

Either way, magic vs spiritual vs not is vague in touhou. Remember Nue got beaten up by a peasant with a bow.

>Sakuya's knifes, even if they're shitty against a gunfight, are at least physical and could damage Flan

I don't follow.
Why would non-physical things be unable to damage her?

>Why would non-physical things be unable to damage her?
Not saying that, I was trying to think up 2hus that had non-magical/spiritual means to deal damage.

I was thinking of it kind of like the Burning Meiling ruleset of no magic allowed, but instead of fistfighting, you see how well you can survive against a Flan with a revolver.

>go to rinnosuke's shop
>pick up plate carrier
>wear level III plate
>chances suddenly improve
What's she gonna do if I become FUCKIN INVINCIBLE?

>i now remember Burning Meiling

youtu.be/Xtfq-807OnA

>Nue got beaten up by a peasant with a bow.
I'm sick of this shit, Nue is not an example but an exception. The only reason she got BTFO is because of the original folk story of killing the Nue which the guy used a magical arrow and this had to transfer to touhou. Other traditional ways to defeat youkai would be to outsmart them (give a vengeful spirit like Murasa a bottomless bucket) or spiritual attack (say some dumb phrase to a nyuudou like Unzan).

>It's an exception, it's an exception!
It's also the only time we know of a youkai actually being beaten outside of a spellcard duel to my knowledge and sets a precedent, it doesn't matter if she's an "exception" it applies to everyone else if there's a semblance of consistency in the series.

There aren't any stories about a villager bopping a fairy on the head or something like that? Really?

Episode 6 part 2 hopefully by next year

>i didn't read the post
Like I said the only reason she got beaten was because that's how it goes in the original story which used a magical arrow and both in touhoy and in the original folklore it''s a rare case of someone defeating them with conventional weapons.
>it doesn't matter if she's an "exception" it applies to everyone else if there's a semblance of consistency in the series.
No it's not, not every youkai is the same so they aren't all affected by the same things as others do, that's like saying shooting a bow to an Oni would BTFO or throwing beans to a kappa would do something to them.

Fairies are different for sure, they can still be killed, but comeback right where they died. Otherwise I can't recall a single time in the series where some youkai got into a fight outside of a spellcard duel, nor can I remember Nue being a specially noted exception.

Well apparently Oni did get fucked up at times in the past, since there were Oni hunters way, way back when they were on the surface, whether they used conventional weapons or not is another matter entirely. Touhou itself is rather oddly distanced from it's origin stories at times. Some things are word for word, others are completely different. It's still a vague and ill defined concept what constitutes effective force and what even constitutes a spellcard. Sumireko is a perfect example of this what with "Gun Sign ~ 3D Printer Gun"

Myouren did nothing wrong!

except die

>youtu.be/Xtfq-807OnA
Who?

He can't do anything wrong if he's dead after all.

I don't know why that link posted.

>The technique to exterminate oni have already been lost by humans, thus it would appear that meeting an oni nowadays would be too much for anyone to handle.
I doubt that they used conventional weapons to kill creatures strong enough to destroy mountains so it's more likely they used something magical or something dumb like those beans. Still, I believe it's more likely to believe the official sets of rules than to believe games that were adapted for gameplay porpuses.

Byakuren's Dead Brother.

What official rule sets? I don't recall anything laying out the actual spell card rules. The fighting games are still 100% canon, hell Sumireko makes it a point she's packing heat, multiple times.

>I don't recall anything laying out the actual spell card rules.
PMiSS, Marisa in SSiB.
>You must dodge your opponents or be crushed by them. However, the difference between spell cards and a normal duel is that "the most beautiful one wins. It's a very mental contest." Reisen Udongein Inaba clarifies in Cage in Lunatic Runagate Chapter Six that "beautiful" in part means without dirty tricks
A gun would more likely count as a dirt trick

Again, still pretty vague, a lot of people use "Dirty tricks" what with illusions, time stop, multiple people involved. It's pretty vague still and when you take the fighters into account gets even more muddy because Sumireko canonically has that gun and presumably has used it during the fight.

Just wanted the user who made the models to know that the cupfags loved the aesthethics, we didn't win the cup but we won their hearths.

I'm not surprised, I remember hearing during the streams everyone praising our aesthetics.

Good way afternoon 2hug. Is this what the stage of 2hug has come too? Letting newfreinds like AAnon and HSiFS user making the new threads like they own this general?

But for real I'm glad it looks like you guys are trying to be active despite being new, I really appreciate it you know. Don't give up, keep your progress posted and certainly don't be discouraged by the lack of (you)s you're getting from your latest posts.

Yeah, that's what happens when you have tons of MMD models to work with and someone actually knowledgeable to port them, rig them for PES and make them work. The Aesthetics-user had to give strategy orders when Yuugianon was away, which he hated to do though, but we have come up with a solution that should be revealed once the cup is over.

How the game treating you? Still struggling to perfect it?

I wouldn't know, this is the first time I'm playing to today thanks to my free time waning up. It's a damn shame really, but I know on Demon Risa's route I have only 4 spells to capture so I'm close.

I actually didn't get to make the new thread, someone else beat me to it.
It's nothing I've not done before though.
I kept /ndg/ alive for the first 25 threads, started /xbcxg/ and ran it for a while,
and even made a couple /feg/ threads way back when.

rip user, I hope you can get a better schedule soon. It's a shame not to see you around here, your play throughs are probably the best thing to happen to thread.

Well if they state the spellcard before attacking it's not a dirty trick and the rules say to always expect the unexpected so a gun would work as a danmaku but the point is to make it as aesthethic as possible so just shooting down someone would be considered a dirty trick because it's a practicality over beauty. That's why everyone hates the moonbitches because they skipped the obvious rules and abused the system, like with the sand danmaku.

To make your first thread you have to Careful AAnon or should I say DDLC user, from the way you talk about yourself last thread you seem to have a bit of a ego and like talking about yourself, even bits that aren't relevant like that spoiler text you just gave and your first posts with non-2hu related images, just a heads up.

>your play throughs are probably the best thing to happen to thread
Thanks, but it looks like it might only get worse from here, you do have other anons here to pass on the torch of progress blog-posting though so it's not too bad.

Well fug. I hope we can at least get FMW 3 before it's no more for you friendo. Maybe one day these new friends will be able to keep the torch going.

>DDLC
Different user. I'm the one playing Seasons.

FMW 3 is gonna happen, I promise that.

I feel like a fucking idoit then disregard what I said, your spoiler text was pretty harmless anyways, I'm sorry.

Well that's good news at least. The real question is if either of us is gonna be around for the 4th game's translation.

Okay senpai. I've got a controller now. How the fuck do I set this up for 2huvania 2?
Also where can I get a fucking image of this that's larger? I want this shit on a poster.