"Villains" who unironically and literally did absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever

"Villains" who unironically and literally did absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever.

Other urls found in this thread:

belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/survey-most-northern-ireland-catholics-want-to-remain-in-uk-28628245.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Friday_(1972)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Mon_restaurant_bombing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_and_Monaghan_bombings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_Research_Unit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles#Casualties
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bombings_during_the_Northern_Ireland_Troubles_and_peace_process
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Westerners destabilize Islamic societies for decades
>Humiliate and depose muslim rulers every time things start to get decent
>While claiming it's happening because muslims are dumb and savage
>Rise up in an attempt to unify all muslims and restore the glory days of Muhammad (SAW) and the Caliphates
>Unrelentlessly fight those who have wronged you for years

Things might get bloody sometimes, but oh well what can you do. The end justify the means.

What the fuck are you implying mate

This is retarded pal. Isis are fucking murdering maniacs.

Just like everyone else mentioned in this thread. Other than Based Bush ofcourse.

only plastic paddy americans and extremist irish republicans like the ira

fun fact: the people of ulster were so happy when british forces arrived in ulster, they greeted the soldiers with tea and cake

Is the guy at the bottom David Niven from a 60s war movie?

OJ Simpson

JOOOCE

>muslims have only tried to create hell on earth for a few decades

kys

Where's the remove kebab guy?

Your religion is shit and so is your bait.

Yes. On both sides. Then the British sided with the RUC and the Paras and the general bullying of Irish Catholics intensified tenfold.

How the fuck does literally anyone question why the fact that the IRA wanted to kill brits?

Oh please. Catholics in NI weren't significantly more republican than protestants, especially today.

in the uk, catholics are about 26 million of the population, a significant amount. The only people who gave a fuck if you were catholic or not were inbred ulster volunteers and ira members after 1922.

catholics need to stop this eternal victim complex and accept them and their shitty denomination is terrible.

>literally revisionism

Republican or not Irish Catholics had a fucking terrible time in Ulster leading up to the Troubles, and when things escalated and the Brits showed up they were hoping for them to bring an end to the conflict but were met with them just siding with the Protestants.

They could be as Unionist as they wanted, if you were a Mick in Belfast you had an awful time of it leading up to and throughout the troubles.

Why do you think NI's police force has a mandatory equality quota now? To make sure a mess like the RUC never happens again.

You must be a jap or a loyalist for this level of revisionism

You do realize they aren't trying to unify Muslims or bring back any glory days, right? Their goal is literally to bring about the Islamic apocalypse which states that afterwards, only the caliphate will be left. They want to kill everyone on earth that doesn't join them. Stop painting them as some downtrodden freedom-fighters and grow the fuck up.

>were met with them just siding with the Protestants.
>boo hoo the brits won;'t let me bomb school children and are setting up defences
>boo hoo the brits are arresting us for attempting terrorist attacks
>they're basically the UVF!

Yeah, no.

>They could be as Unionist as they wanted, if you were a Mick in Belfast you had an awful time of it leading up to and throughout the troubles.
regardless of the fact belfast is a shithole, who exactly was oppresing the unionist irish outside of the IRA?
>Why do you think NI's police force has a mandatory equality quota now? To make sure a mess like the RUC never happens again.
i agree, probably to stop retarded uvf boys fucking shit up in the force

I'm english, admittedly. But I'm not a UVF revisionist or a republican. the only side i support are the uk troops.

>Catholics in NI weren't significantly more republican than protestants

>who exactly was oppresing the unionist irish outside of the IRA
they didn't care about political affiliation most, what mattered was whether you were a Catholic in a prod area like the Shankhill and often vice versa for a prod in a Catholic area like Ballymurphy, sectarian pogroms were politically indiscriminate to the extent that your political affiliation wasn't tied up with your ethnic and religious affiliations as it tended to be

>I'm english, admittedly.
it shows, English tend to know fuck all to nothing about the situation in Northern Ireland

as for your claims about poor chilluns and turrurists, the British army killed more civilians on average than the IRA though not in total body count
they also used civilians as human shields to prevent IRA attacks as they did in Palestine

I don't support "terrorism" but I legitimately feel some sympathy for the Taliban and anyone trying to rid invaders of their homeland.

I agree. They later fucked the country though.

>Turning against the very people who helped you defeat the commies

>oh look its this graph again, where the only thing republicans is going for them is a lower % of their killings were on civilians
This really doesn't help your case

> what mattered was whether you were a Catholic in a prod area like the Shankhill and often vice versa for a prod in a Catholic area like Ballymurphy
As I said before, i don't defend the actions of gangs like the UVF and protestant thugs, though the catholics can't take the moral highground when you look at protestant treatment in the ROI, especially in ghetto areas in dublin.

> the British army killed more civilians on average than the IRA though not in total body count
Murder is murder, and the IRA were killing more civilians and continuing te conflict further alongside the UVF. Your only point on the british security was that they killed slightly more in PERCENTAGE, without context for the deaths.

belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/survey-most-northern-ireland-catholics-want-to-remain-in-uk-28628245.html

>This really doesn't help your case
how?
Republicans were more active as a paramilitary so it obviously follows that they'd have more kills
the fact that they're the ones who normally get the most shit for muh turrurism, yet have a lower average of civilian kills than the fucking army, is pretty telling

>i don't defend the actions of gangs like the UVF and protestant thugs
these weren't gangs, these were Protestant people going back to the early 20th century and Carson performing pogroms and expelling Catholics in their tens of thousands from the 6 counties which its ministers declared to be a Protestant state for a Protestant people

>though the catholics can't take the moral highground when you look at protestant treatment in the ROI
give me one instance of government institutions in the ROI doing things on par with the RUC and A, B and C specials
there was no mass Protestant exodus, there were Protestant who FELT they were unwelcome and some who were genuinely mistreated by their local communities, nothing, however, on par with treatment of Catholics in the 6 counties

>Murder is murder
what an empty statement

>and the IRA were killing more civilians and continuing te conflict further alongside the UVF
not alongside the UVF by any means, as the graph and statistics show the UVF surpass the IRA in both numbers killed and average civilian percentage killed which goes above 80% for them
the UVF was pretty much solely devoted to the killing of random Catholic civilians no matter what they said, not as bad as the LVF and UDA but still not comparable to the IRA which - while it and its splinters did commit a few murders and atrocities for sectarian purposes - had its main target as the British Army, British institutions, British informers, etc.

also I think you'll notice your linked survey was from 2011, not 1970
most people in the 6 counties would nowadays probably vote based on how things would impact the economy and Ireland was certainly in the shitter in 2011 following 2008 and the financial crisis, similar to Scotland and their independence vote which wasn't just all about people wanking over Braveheart

>they greeted the soldiers with tea and cake
And in return, the Paras shot men and women in the streets, tore people's houses apart (but only if they were Catholic), used children as human shields and helped to plan the bombings of Monaghan and Dublin :)

Anyone who has paid even the slightest bit of attention to the Troubles knows the IRA were the good guys.

>I'm english, admittedly
You can hardly even spell UVF you Saxon cunt.

China was fucking up before him and after his defeat it only got worse. The Heavenly Kingdom would've fixed everything

This tbqhwyf

Somehow, in WW1, the Turks weren't the bad guys for once.

>the fact that they're the ones who normally get the most shit for muh turrurism, yet have a lower average of civilian kills than the fucking army, is pretty telling

terrorism
noun
the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
"the fight against terrorism"

killing soldiers defending a country doesn't make you a good guy

>give me one instance of government institutions in the ROI doing things on par with the RUC and A, B and C specials
government institutions is a different ballpark, and i hope you don't unironically think catholics were oppresed by the uk government in the 80's

>what an empty statement
No it isn't you edgy fag. The IRA deliberately found and killed civilians

>Anyone who has paid even the slightest bit of attention to the Troubles knows the IRA were the good guys.
Pic related is a man and his daughter minutes before the omagh bombing. if you think their murder is acceptable, by all means call the IRA 'good guys.'

Even if British Security killed civilians too, it doesn't nullify the civilians killed by the IRA, it just shows neither were good guys.

>posts RIRA atrocities
>in a thread about PIRA

>it just shows neither were good guys
Posting a picture from Omagh while talking about the Provos is about as useful as calling Erdogan a good man because Ataturk fought in Gallipoli.

The Irish sure love their terrorists.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Friday_(1972)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Mon_restaurant_bombing

>be a Br*t
>kill unarmed men and women
>surprised when the group you targeted retaliate

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_and_Monaghan_bombings

>hmmmmmm these brits killed innocent civilians
>time to kill 5 myself, that'll show 'em

>dublin and monaghan
literally no one is defending the uvf

Nigga, you really want to play that game, it's always going to be easier to come up with British government atrocities, because the British government committed more of them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_Research_Unit

>homeland
>while talking about bin Laden

A Saudi national in Afghanustan, he WAS the invader

>>hmmmmmm these brits killed innocent civilians
>>time to kill 5 myself, that'll show 'em
>le turn the other cheek

>literally no one is defending the uvf
It was done with the help of British security forces, you mongoloid. Any attempt at launching investigations have been blocked by the British Government because they fucking know they did it.

You've already admitted you're English and have no clue about the Troubles, don't lecture those of us who had family in the North during it, you uppity little Saxon cunt. We should've let the Government go ahead with sending special forces teams into the North to exterminate every fucking ratfaced Orange-utang on this island.

>because the british government commited more of them
The IRA killed 4x as many civilians.

>It was done with the help of British security forces, you mongoloid. Any attempt at launching investigations have been blocked by the British Government because they fucking know they did it.
What is the political achievement and motivation for the british government to kill civilians? It achieves nothing.

>don't lecture those of us who had family in the North during it, you uppity little Saxon cunt
nigga please, my grandad was a citizen, but i don't play the victim card because i had family there.

The Northern Irish government disagrees with you.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles#Casualties

>It achieves nothing

Brah, in literally every counterinsurgency in human history, at least some of the occupying force has gone "fuck this, if we were just a little harsher, this war would be over"

It doesn't work, but it always happens.

There's ample evidence that elements of the British government viewed killing civilians as a useful way to pacify the locals.

According to the British government's own investigations into the matter, police and military forces routinely used loyalists as death squads to kill enemies of the British state and maintain plausible deniability.

It happened. War's over. Nobody benefits from bullshit.

stats from a graph posted by another terrorist loving irish-american seem to disagree

>What is the political achievement and motivation for the british government to kill civilians?
Didn't stop them from doing it on Bloody Sunday, either in the 1920s or the 1970s. They fucking covered up the Para involvement in it during the 70s and said they did nothing wrong for decades.

>my grandad was a citizen
>grandad
So how old does that make you, fucking 16? Every time I visit Belfast, my aunt still tells us stories about the time she opened a window at night to look out and the British soldiers shot at the house.

Shan't be replying to some filthy half-informed Sassannach henceforth.

>All the retards in this thread trying to pick good guys
>Not knowing that both sides did godawful fucking things
>Not knowing that despite this the IRA are seen as the less shitty due to their cause and the treatment of irish people
>Not knowing that all IRA groups post Good Friday Agreement are bushpirate tier gangs
>Not knowing the British government actively aided the loyalist paras
>Not knowing that there are no good guys in the troubles
>Approaching anything in history with the "who was the good guys" attitude

You're all fucking retards tbqh

>Didn't stop them from doing it on Bloody Sunday, either in the 1920s or the 1970s. They fucking covered up the Para involvement in it during the 70s and said they did nothing wrong for decades.
i'm sure

>So how old does that make you, fucking 16? Every time I visit Belfast, my aunt still tells us stories about the time she opened a window at night to look out and the British soldiers shot at the house.
i'm 23, my grandad's 76, he was there in the 70's.

The Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency also seems to think so.

DUDE I HAVE NO OPINIONS AND PICK THE CENTRE GROUND ON LITERALLY EVER TOPIC LOOK HOW SMART I AM

>i'm sure
This statement is why I'm disregarding everything else you've said. David Cameron accepted that the Government had done something that was "unjustified and unjustifiable" in covering up the murder of civilians by 2Para.

>unofficial use of violence
>unauthorized use of violence
what a couple of meme terms for a meme term like 'terrorism'

>killing soldiers defending a country doesn't make you a good guy
defending a government you mean, one which treated half of the people it claimed to represent (despite gerrymandering) as second class citizens
the soldiers were sent there to maintain the Unionist status quo and that was no peace for Catholics in the 6 counties

>and i hope you don't unironically think catholics were oppresed by the uk government in the 80's
by a Unionist dominated and unrepresentative government in Stormont they certainly were

>The IRA deliberately found and killed civilians
like in the picture you just posted, where they gave 3 warnings 40 minutes prior to the bombings and people died because the RUC misinterpreted the warnings?
if they wanted to just kill civilians why give any warnings at all, the UDA just went around bombing without warnings all they liked

>hmmmmm both sides seemed to have commited atrocities, i probably shouldn't use silly terms like 'good guys' and 'bad guys' and oversimplify a complex political topic
>LOL CENTRE KEK

i bet you think there were good guys in ww2

>i'm sure
>he claimed the British government wouldn't kill civilians because "there was no reason to" and then somebody showed him unquestionable evidence that the British government killed civilians and lied about it
>so booty blasted that all he can muster is snide one line replies

[ ] not told
[x] told
[x] Gran Toldrismo 5
[x] Rome: Toldal War
[x] Tolden Boy
[x] Told Spice
[x] uilty Gear XX Accent Told

why do you call me an Irish American?
what a shitty strawman, I'm from Dublin
you're more the plastic cunt here trying to argue despite being an Englishman

>showed him unquestionable evidence
repeating that they did is not evidence

>Confusing "Stop reducing a conflict as complex and morally convoluted as this one into good guys and bad guys" with "LOL NO OPINION"

Neck yourself, my guy

This, he's was a legendary commander, came from nowhere and got where he was through talent and determination. He pretty much helped bring about the end of feudalism in the UK and led to Britain becoming a great power.

Cons: Puritan, but no-ones perfect.

>what a couple of meme terms for a meme term like 'terrorism'
great argument, just call it a meem.

>defending a government you mean, one which treated half of the people it claimed to represent (despite gerrymandering) as second class citizens the soldiers were sent there to maintain the Unionist status quo and that was no peace for Catholics in the 6 counties
tell me all about the governemnt institutions that kept those poor catholics down

>like in the picture you just posted, where they gave 3 warnings 40 minutes prior to the bombings and people died because the RUC misinterpreted the warnings?
if they wanted to just kill civilians why give any warnings at all, the UDA just went around bombing without warnings all they liked
Are you actually saying the PIRA's hands are clean because they warned they were going to detonate a bomb

>oversimplify a complex political topic
But this is one of those conflicts were the IRA, by and large, actually were the good guys.

>Unionist Police go around battering Catholics
>Unionists refuse jobs to Catholics in industries
>Unionists chimp out and batter Catholics at marches, the police just watch (and reports of some off-duty police getting involved in the attacks).
>shoot unarmed men and women who were peacefully protesting, lie about them having guns
>Gerrymander the fuck out of the political system
>force Catholics to only be allowed to apply for housing in Catholic areas
>give multiple votes to landowning Unionist based on how much property they have
>Laugh about never "having a papist about the place"
>Despise half your fellow citizens so much that you go around saying Northern Ireland is a "Protestant Place for a Protestant People"
>start firebombing Catholic homes
>the army eventually comes in, the Catholics welcome them
>impose curfew on Catholic areas and rip houses apart while completely ignoring Protestant areas

The IRA only became a thing because the British military and the Loyalists spent the decades after partition stomping on Irish throats.

The IRA did some morally grey shit, but they didn't go out of their way to deliberately target civilians unlike elements of the British security forces and, most especially, the loyalists.

Wahhabism was deliberately pushed by the west to destabilize the ottoman empire. Without Britain the Saud family would be some sand nigger owning a 7-11 in Michigan right now.

>they didn't go out of their way to deliberately target civilians
This is the most revisionist post of the thread. The fact you genuinely believe the IRA did not go out of their way to kill civilians is fucking mind boggling

>repeating that they did is not evidence

>Two investigations have been held by the British government. The Widgery Tribunal, held in the immediate aftermath of the incident, largely cleared the soldiers and British authorities of blame. It described the soldiers' shooting as "bordering on the reckless", but accepted their claims that they shot at gunmen and bomb-throwers. The report was widely criticised as a "whitewash".[6][7][8] The Saville Inquiry, chaired by Lord Saville of Newdigate, was established in 1998 to reinvestigate the incident. Following a 12-year inquiry, Saville's report was made public in 2010 and concluded that the killings were both "unjustified" and "unjustifiable". It found that all of those shot were unarmed, that none were posing a serious threat, that no bombs were thrown, and that soldiers "knowingly put forward false accounts" to justify their firing.[9][10] On the publication of the report, British prime minister David Cameron made a formal apology on behalf of the United Kingdom.

Find proof that the Provos deliberately targeted civilians and I'll concede the point, but you won't find it because you can't.

>fun fact: the people of ulster were so happy when british forces arrived in ulster, they greeted the soldiers with tea and cake
Only foreigners (including mainland Brits and free staters) would believe something like this.

As an actual Northern Irish person I can tell you that no, the people of Ulster were not universally happy with the arrival of British forces. Not even the most deluded of Orangemen think this is how it went down.

Not him but Mountbatten for one.

>Find proof that the Provos deliberately targeted civilians and I'll concede the point, but you won't find it because you can't.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bombings_during_the_Northern_Ireland_Troubles_and_peace_process
Go through every single provisional one. tell me that the hundreds of civilians killed were not intentional.

>loyalist paras

the PIRA were the "good guys" though, whenever they weren't involved in shit like Kingsmill which happend because of the structure of the IRA going back to the re-organization of the volunteers after the 1916 Easter Rising, IE. a decentralized mess where splinter groups form easily as anything and members often take things into their own hands, as they did in Kingsmill, and as they did at Soloheadbeg in 1919

what the fuck is "unauthorized violence" though? A government that is oppressing you doesn't give you the right to use violence against it? top kek, that's some truly British behavior

>tell me all about the governemnt institutions that kept those poor catholics down
the Protestant dominated RUC, the B-specials, the Unionist dominated Stormont government that gerrymandered administrative areas to give them a majority, in majority Catholic and Nationalist areas, like Derry

>Are you actually saying the PIRA's hands are clean because they warned they were going to detonate a bomb
They could've given a bit more information in the warning sure, but that'd eliminate the purpose and allow the bomb to be dismantled if they told them exactly where it was
their object was to disrupt the area through the evacuation that should've ensued and the bombing itself, not to kill civilians
again if they wanted to do that, no warning would've been given
why would it be?

He's not really a civilian.

I mean you wouldn't exactly call George Bush for instance a civilian even if he doesn't hold a political office anymore.

Mountbatten was a former military officer and family to the Monarchy. He was hardly just an ordinary civilian now was he?

I asked you to provide proof, not to passive aggressively assert they were and expect me to disprove it.

Alright a retired 80 year old man on holiday is a valid target. What about his family and workers? Surely the IRA didn't think he'd be getting on the boat on his own?

I literally posted a list with over 20 bombings by the PIRA in which civilians were killed.

If the IRA wanted to kill civilians you would know it.

Notice how in this graph here
loyalists despite killing significantly less people in total than republican forces managed to kill the most civilians. That's what killing civilians on purpose looks like.

>Surely the IRA didn't think he'd be getting on the boat on his own?
Yeah, because the IRA actively went "how do we maximise how many civilians we kill with him?"

You know what the word deliberate means, don't you?

No, you linked something to do with bombings, not deliberate targeting of civilians. Why would the IRA bomb Aldershot Barracks if they wanted to deliberately kill civilians?

Why would the IRA bomb birmingham pubs where there were no British soldiers?

Because as the other user said the IRA consisted of largely independent cells with the communication between them being minimal.

So you admit the IRA were not the good guys?

>it's okay to murder people if they are former military men
>it's okay to murder people because of who they're related to
Literal nigger.

he dindu nuffin

To destroy the infrastructure. You're aware they went to lengths to warn people of the bombs correct?

>Reportedly, those who planted these bombs then walked to a preselected phone box to telephone the advance warning to security services; however, the phone box had been vandalised, forcing the caller to find an alternative phone box and thus shortening the amount of time police had to clear the locations.[25]
>At 20:11, an unknown man with a distinct Irish accent telephoned the Birmingham Post newspaper. The call was answered by an operator named Ian Cropper. This caller said: "There is a bomb planted in the Rotunda and there is a bomb in New Street at the tax office. This is Double X", before terminating the call. (Double X was a then-used official IRA code word recited to authenticate any warning call.[26]) A similar warning was also sent to the Birmingham Evening Mail newspaper, with the anonymous caller(s) again giving the official IRA code word to indicate the authenticity of these threats, but again failing to name the public houses in which the bombs had been planted.[4][27][28]

>it's okay to murder people if they are former military men
You're aware what the military does, correct? Do you think it's not okay to kill former members of the Viet Cong?

he was representative of the British establishment and a member of the Royal family, I bet you'd cry if the IRA bombed the Queen as well

besides wasn't he a pedo linked to Kincora and a literal cuckold

I admit there were bad guys within the IRA, on the whole I would say the IRA were a force for good and without their armed campaign my life may very well not be as comfortable as it is now.

>666
Saxon Devil, nice try.

>overall they were a force for good
it's impossible to argue past this point as how many were good is impossible to quantify

You don't need to quantify it. You just need to realize that Northern Ireland is a better place for all the IRA accomplished.