/ink/ - Splatoon General

Last thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Version 2.0.0 is out! Watch the trailer here: youtu.be/U1gyg1HjPOY
--- New ranked mode, Clam Blitz! Available in the December update.
--- New music, weapons, hairstyles, pants, and 140 pieces of gear!
--- Two new stages, MakoMart and Shellendorf Institute, and two returning stages, Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall! MakoMart has been released.
--- New SR stage, Salmonid Smokeyard!
--- Level cap increased to 99! When reached, you will have the option to reset to level *1.
--- New ways to take pictures with amiibo!
--- Weapons and gear can now be changed between matches without leaving the lobby!
--- Gear bought from SplatNet can now be traded in for the original!
--- Balance changes!
- Hydra Splatling has been released! Sub: autobomb, special: splashdown.

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> Patch notes
- en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> 2.0.0 Gear list
- leanny.github.io/splat2/newgear.html

> List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

> Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
- loadout.ink/

> Lobby Randomizer for lobbies
- agent-17.github.io/Splatoon-2-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

> Splatoon 1 Artbook
- archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14504844
youtube.com/watch?v=wFtdrq5IFSk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Wearing Toni Kensa

hola /ink/

Please draw Poser having a dreamweaver moment for Trap!Biker

mmmm dot gimme your greasy chimichanga

probably doesn't exist with the lack of mammals, including horses.

I definitely need to since it was a product of my own creation

Perhaps a thread with Blaster experimentation? The artbook did say something along the lines of using the concepts of a soda can and carbonation to get the base look and mechanics of its projectile, so shoving some squidworld Mentos into the tank oughta make it work better... or have it break down.

reminds me of the one guy with napalm rounds
>I thought it would splat the feathers off the pigeons

do you not like to be fresh, squiddo?

>gyro controls are your mouse and keyboard

No they aren't. -1 is too fast and -1.5 barely moves. So I'm better off using the stick.

what if your woomy was terrified at birds and ran away from the pigeons in the plaza and hid

First for webms!

Acquire proficiency.

You're fucking useless

cute woomblers!

>and think of more headcanons for Biker

Oh no, here we go again.

I can't think of a look I want for my squid anymore.

what if your woomy was bored and needed a place to shitpost so she came to /ink/ to make what if posts

hey that's what I do

Is the brushgang dead?
I was gone for awhile and haven't seen anyone talk about it in any recent threads.
anyone care to tell me what happened?

Has biker ever peeked up 's skirt?

woomy!

iktfb

Kuro doesn't play much anymore

>tfw look is outdated because switched to booty shorts

who all max sensitivity for shooters here?

That's a shame.

he was shit at the game anyways

>OSMatic ver. 1.4.0 released, your thoughts?
>Changelog: >increased air/ink ratio to 1:45 >smoother cam curve for better round stability >Advanced Stabiliser Nozzle algorythm changed (Splash only) >critical pressure warning now appears at 3.2 iis >revamped telemetry app interface

>Toni Kensa
>Fresh

tfw your teammate gives away your position.

Those are both slow as fuck to me. How long did you even spend trying to use them before giving up?

>-1 is too fast
Dude, most people play at +5. Just spend some time with motion controls and slowly rack up the sensitivity when you feelyou can handle current one.

The drunk gay stuff has a lot of mileage. Also Business hasn’t shown in in a good long while so hardly anything for BusinessxBiker

My only gear with special power up is the blue hoodie with shirt, with no slots. You can have it if you want.

Never on purpose. The most likely situation would probably be Biker riding past her and Slut, the resulting updraft lifting her skirt just enough, and him checking his mirror just quickly enough to notice it. Wouldn't be his first instinct, it would be more of noticing those two woomies together again, and THEN seeing the upskirt.

A week.

>+5
Fucking how? I play at -0.5/-1 stick and even that's a bit fast for me.

Thats so pure. I like it

That's a good question.
strawpoll.me/14504844
Disregard any sensitivity changes when using specific weapons. I usually leave the sensitivity to +5 but I bring it down to -4.5 when I'm using a charger.

Having +5 on stick when using gyro is not even a question because you don't use stick much anyways.
+5 on gyro is less common, most stop earlier, and snipers often play at as low as -2, but it's still a thing to have high-sensitivity controls.

>blackbelly skatepark rainmaker mode
What the fuck did they do to this map?

tried to not make it a 10sec KO bonus and failed miserably.

Do people really play with it that low on chargers? I always do +3.5

Attempted to make it so rainmaker games would last longer than twenty or thirty seconds. I feel like Blackbelly just shouldn't have rainmaker at all, rollers get such a huge advantage in this version of the map and games can still end super quickly by just simply jumping straight off and over the blockades.

i just got a splatoon2 switch bundle. i never played splatoon because i never wanted a wii u. any tips or general rules of the game? the booyah and this way dont seem useful. whats a good weapon to use starting off? im only just level 6 and so far my most used gun is probably the tentatek splatershot.

use gyro, so far your gun choice is alright try to use all of them and see what works best for you and play the objective

I personally like the scoped chargers so my charger sensitivity is probably abnormally low.

Splattershots are the best weapon in the game, so you're good on weapon choice

i play on 3.0 with chargers you are alright my dude

Use motion controls and play salmon run whenever you can so you have an easier time affording gear and weapons. Speaking of weapons, you should be fine with the tentatek (although the regular splattershot is arguably the best weapon) but don't be afraid to experiment with different weapons.

What's ink's clan tag? /ink/? So it would be /ink/ Name?

if you spawncamp during a 3v4 in turf war, FUCK YOU.

if I ever get a 4v3 scenario in turf war, i get all the way back to their spawn one (1) time, just to let them know my team could squash their team like a bug whenever we want, and then I back off and at least give them room to breathe.

/ink/'s clan tag is . We are anonymous, and our clan tag reflects that perfectly.

What do I spend the last 3 slots on?

Maybe IRU or SCU

A main that's actually useful.

It seems that they won’t return the Splat 1’s Haunt, because they want to push the Thermal Ink tracking shit.

So how would you make Haunt good again without adding the point sensor thing?

gyro feels weird. i took it off right after the tutorial. i'll try it for a couple of rounds and see.
how can you tell the type of weapon?

I'm still out there sometimes.
But Pokemon, FF14, bad work scheduling, and other shit took up/is taking up my time for the longest.

Also the commission I paid for is taking uhhhhhh longer than expected.
Zero should take over the gang for me if the nigga is still alive.

Make it slow the player being haunted, or hurt their ink efficiency

trust me once you dominate gyro you won't go back to stick controls, try the single player to get used to it

Post one then.

>Let everyone see the Killer Squid’s Thermal Ink effect.
>Killer Squid starts glowing once it kills a Haunt user. (Like the glow someone gets when carrying the Rainmaker)
>>Killer Squid glow will expose it when it’s hiding in their ink, even if it’s using Ninja Squid.

I was actually considering SCU already. I suppose I might as well give it a whirl, those shoes could even come in handy with the nzap or something.
Rude. I love it on weapons that deal less than 30 damage.

Anyone have more Splatoon-like music like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=wFtdrq5IFSk

So baisically make it Point Sensor.

>Playing late at night
>Game takes four minutes to find enough players
>Two people with moonrunes in their name
>Two people with BR in their name
>One person with PL in their name
>The japs and the BRs get put on the same team
>You get the PL
>Your PL instantly disconnects before round starts
>The entire enemy team is warping around and dropping packets like fucking crazy

And they're about to start charging a fucking subscription fee for this? At least break up the out-of-region fucking players that you used to fill in with!

oh yeah, i forgot this game has a single player. also im using the controller that came with the switch, should i invest in a pro controller?
whats the difference between the pro controller and pic related?
its a lot cheaper.

>gyro feels weird
Well yeah, there's barely any other games out there that has gyro aim. But if you stick with it it becomes second nature. Splatoon has no aim assist, which is basically necessary to be halfway decent on other console shooters.

>pic
Has no gyro. It's a fine alternative for people who don't need the gyro but want a normal controller. Not recommended for Splatoon.

That doesn't have motion controls

sorry not all of us want to wear special ed helmets and graphic tees

The only controllers with motion controls so far are Joycons and the official Pro Controller. The one you posted doesn't hsve them.
Joycons are fine, some even like them more because you can play split joycons.

HORIpad is fine
Pros:
Cheap
Decent build quality
Does exactly what you expect

Cons:
Wired
No gyro controls
No force-feedback

Not necessarily all of them at once, but here's a few ideas
>plays the disrupted sound effect when it's inflicted.
>makes the player visible on the other team's map.
>makes the player's name visible to the other team.
>disables the player's gear ability enhancements.
>decreases the player's max health by 15%.
>getting a revenge kill on a haunted opponent has a respawn punisher effect.

There's a ton of tasteful stuff out there that has more colours than just black and white.

thanks guys. i'll check back every now and again to get more tips or to chill. you helped a lot

I'm still alive, I just mainly play salmon run now. It sucks to hear you don't have much time to play though. I'm starting to lose interest in playing the game to be honest so I don't know how much longer I'll be around for too, even for salmon run.

I bet this would look nice with the Clownfish Basics.

moist boots pretty fly tee bee aich famalam

zero nooo ;_;

Don't be one of these "everything must be one colour" guys.

Reverse out the Squid’s abilities during the effect. Cold Blooded will be unaffected and will reduce the duration.
Effect obviously disappears after Respawn.
>Savers Abilities will consume more Ink
>Ink Recovery Up will take more time to refill
>Speed Up = Slow Down
>Special Charge Up = Reduces Special Charge
>Special Saver = Special Waster
>Quick Respawn = Late Respawn
>Quick Super Jump = Late Super Jump
>Ink Resistance = Ink Vulnerability
>Bomb Defense Up = Bomb Power Up
>Unique Abilities get knock off except for Comeback.

not everything must be one color, but it's way too easy to clash when your headgear changes color depending on your ink

your options are:

>colored shirt, matching shoes, monochrome headgear
>monochrome shirt, matching shoes, colored headgear

anything else is unfresh

No, you're not allowed to leave. I'm not having more people who I do salmonrun with just disappear

fuck off

don't let the door smack you in the ass

Special Power Up > Special Downgrade

Tenta Missiles
>Reticle shrinks
Baller
>Lower HP
Ink Jet
>Lower Splash Damage and Duration
Sting Ray / Bomb Rush / Ink Storm
>Less Duration
Bubble Blower
>Shrinkage
Splashdown
>Radius Reduction
Ink Armor
>Activation Delay

>pop ISS drink
>not a single ISS sub
>decide fuck it to scrubbing on the last few round
>threatening an off brand special power up triple on the gear I wanted the ink saver subs on

I'm more then half tempted to fill the final slot just to see what happens but Sean's drinks are some bullshit sometimes .

and thats the end of the SR legend
RIP in peace mighty zero
lets just wait the next god-tier sr player can post more than 4 images

>next god-tier sr player

I'm right here.

Starting to lose interest, not lost interest. Anything could keep me going for longer but my head is in so many weird places lately that I'm having trouble wanting to play anything.

There is no door, silly user.

train me so i can keep your legacy going

post your max record then
unless you are lunari then you are completely right

RIP zero we are always going to remember him, but he is now in a better place

>Lunari
>God-tier
I'm high tier at best, and that's just because I focus more on survival and crowd control.

Sub Power Up > Sub Deficiency
>Range Shortness
>Slower Curling Bombs
>Shorter Tracking Duration
>Squid Beakon Jump Delay
>Sprinkler Slowing Down quicker
>Ink Mines Radius Reduced