/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Coconuts Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

gear-project.tumblr.com/post/106081083329/guilty-gear-xrd-timeline
guiltygear.ru/ggworld.php?lang=en§=plot
danseru-kun.tumblr.com/post/59460205460/guilty-gear-main-plot-super-summarized
i.imgur.com/ky21zvU.png?1
i.imgur.com/spxmcCS.jpg
guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/Guilty_Gear_Timeline
docs.google
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best Girl

Anyone wanna play on EC?

d4dr

PC?

ECPC

nothing personnel

How does Ram play? I like the look of her combos, but I'm not exactly good at setplay.

-t. Sol main

By Ramming your ass to the wall and keeping you there

I'm looking to get started with Baihen but I can't find any good written lists of combos for her. are there other resources than that just a quickie I'm not aware of? It's been a year since Rev 2 and they barely have her frame data and the use of each normal.

as a beginner, i used the combo tutorial. after i got the motions down for the core motions, i improvised based on youtube videos

>I'm looking to get started with Baihen but I can't find any good written lists of combos for her.
don't

She seems to play really Blazblue-y, if that makes sense.

Yeah, that's what resortd to. Problem is I can't get past the combos a start from a air dash for any character.

I don't care if she's considered low tier, I think she's fun. I just wanted to branch out and learn another character. I usually play Faust and Ky. I considered Raven as a third character, but Faust already has long normals and trouble getting out of the corner.

>Problem is I can't get past the combos a start from a air dash for any character.
all the more reason not to learn her

I mean, that's a problem with playing any character not just Baiken.

To anyone else looking to get into the guilty gear story heres some links to summaries/timelines I just read through. Has plenty of info between all of them to get a great grasp of whats happening leading up to sign.
gear-project.tumblr.com/post/106081083329/guilty-gear-xrd-timeline (The most complete one I could find should stop at [October 21st, 2187 12:12 p.m.] to avoid spoiling any of signs story as far as I can tell)
guiltygear.ru/ggworld.php?lang=en§=plot (Read through the plot and timeline)
danseru-kun.tumblr.com/post/59460205460/guilty-gear-main-plot-super-summarized
i.imgur.com/ky21zvU.png?1
i.imgur.com/spxmcCS.jpg
guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/Guilty_Gear_Timeline
If anyone has more links feel free to toss 'em my way, I'm off to go watch sign and rev's arcade and story modes.

Damn good find, user. I'll see if I can find any of the old stuff from early 00s fan sites archived anywhere. I'll send it your way. I know it's beyond stupid and autistic to think this, but seeing another lorefag pop up in the general makes me feel a strange kind of pride.

Thank you /ggg/ - Guilty Gear General, you're a great guy.

Much appreciated dude. Also just curious what was your reaction when you first saw GG world in Xrd and seeing all the lore new and old avaliable to you. And no problem dude you should feel some pride, your posts in these threads and the old /v/ ones are part of what got me interested in it. Always happy to see a post from ye.
My b someone beat me to making this thread earlier and forgot to clear that field and almost did it again writing this post.

Not him, but I don't know why you feel like that, there's notjing wrong with being interested in a game's lore.

ECPC babbies is closed now

ggs to everyone and thanks for stopping by

Maybe it's because I'm form Veeky Forums, I often feel compelled to read any flavor text in a game or just learned his backstory in general. Guilty Gear really tests my patience for that since the storyline is so goofy and difficult to follow. I honestly prefer the resources that would go into a story mode being reinvested in something else. I never liked mom mode but I would still like and enjoyable single player mode for nights where I can't find anyone to play against or messing around with characters I don't intend to invest a lot of effort to learn.

I personally prefer a series of slice-of-life stories about what these characters do when they're not fighting since the longer I play a multiplayer game the more I wonder if it's characters have any lies outside of perpetual violence.

I should probably go back to her any more about Faust and Ky since I can only do simple combos and basic pressure and mix up and that's if I ever get out of pressure during a match.

With the Dash combos, I seem to you never get the right height. I either input the air dash too late and it doesn't come out or I'm slightly lower then I need to be causing me to land during the start-up of jHS.

>Also just curious what was your reaction when you first saw GG world in Xrd and seeing all the lore new and old avaliable to you.
Just seeing GG return at all was nothing short of dreamlike to me. I discovered it when I was very young and it was a huge part of my life around the time I was developing a lot of the things that would stick with me as an adult. While I liked anime and fighting games before GG, it effectively shaped my tastes in anime, fighting games beyond casual play, music, and creative perception. As well as how I met and socialized with many people by going to locals.

When the license dispute with Sega occurred I was concerned but didn't think too much at the time. But as time went on I just kind of thought that GG being gone was just something that I would have to get used to. GG2: Overture existing as a lore dump on top of explaining many unanswered questions and fan theories (like how magic worked at all or the existence of the Backyard) felt more like a definitive goodbye for the series than hope by that point. And around that time I was just about finished with college and real life responsibilities as well as working for my own future became my focus for the next six years.

At the end of the day it's still just a video game. But seeing it not just return, but come back in amazing form and continuing right from where it left off in the story, still capturing that mid 90s anime, OG Otaku, hard rock kind of feel. Giving answers to questions that I had accepted as lost to time years before hand. It's almost indescribable.

I'm just glad I can pass this on to anyone else who would want to know. I had my reservations when getting kicked here from /v/, sometimes I still worry about the typical general problems. But at the end of it all, I'm glad that I get to experience this all again with everyone on /ggg/.

Fresh OC for the general.

Anyone have the Jam Install gif?

Thanks user.

Join the discord channel. There's a combo doc there and plenty of resources. Most of her stuff isn't too hard but the upslash (kuchinashi) is very finicky on scoring knockdowns. One of the few buffs I'd like to see for her is the upslash giving a knockdown from a higher height or just having a higher attack level in general.

You'll do fine if you just learn the dustloop since you'll do pretty "meh" damage midscreen without meter anyway.

Forgot to add the link for the doc like a retard:
docs.google
.com/document/d/1BIiLk_XesP4XDEOjbgF20XO9AyoXbScHHjvbxDA59xM/edit#heading=h.emehu3f53785

That's dope how guilty gear has sorta shaped you to the way you are today and some of the experiences you got. Makes me wish I had something like that instead of always being sorta scattered in what I wanted to do. But who knows changes like those also means i'd miss out on other cool events in life so gotta take what I got. Tangent aside yeah man my experience so far of being able to chill with the same people both in the ecpc and the thread in general week after week and starting to recognize people has been great, gradually improving and meeting new faces every now and then. Cheers to the internet for allowing communities like this to exist. And thanks to you for all the knowledge ye spread in these threads.

Even the smallest bits of your past can be big in what made you, you. I'm glad you've enjoyed the lore rundowns I've been giving, I'm happy to share my useful autism anytime.

Fighting games are weird

>Not having a confirm ready for cross-under flick

Wow...maybe Pot's not for you....

I've never actually seen that happen before.
Also I know Potemkin busters are scary, but please block on wake up. This is a friendly PSA.

>Millia gained the power to fight with her hair
>Zato gained the power to fight with his shadow

Should have been switched. Japs are so cliche

Whats the point of being able to fight with your hair unless it's so long and full it falls to your feet?

What's the point of being able to fight with your shadow if you're a dainty little woman who barely casts one?

>haven't played in over a week
>can feel my muscle memory slipping day by day
college is suffering

How old are you?

I checked out of curiosity and it seems Millia is taller than me.

God, can you imagine how powerful Zato would be if the curses switched too? Milia blind, but Zato's impotent?

A man with no sex drive...he'd get so much done.

I know your pain. I can only hope I remember how to do my BnBs by the time finals end.

>mfw they block on wake up but i'm in ik mode

I feel the same but I've noticed my skills don't regress nearly as much as they used to with breaks so I've gotten a little better and try to play/practice almost every day. I still definitely feel it with the break I had from Thanksgiving but I think it's mitigated by playing/learning a few characters to keep my brain thinking of more situations. Watching match footage and simulating the button presses and stick motions in my head or with my hands can be helpful, especially if you're practicing a combo that you can't quite nail. Your brain will be working on it for the next time you can get back playing soon. There's research that shows if you work on something in the few hours before sleep, your brain will work on consolidating that and process it so when you wake up you'll be better at that task. Your brain isn't going to solve neutral in your sleep but it does a pretty good job at making it easier for mechanically doing a task or processing certain info.

Cute.

How the fuck do I play Potemkin

IB everything into touch of death

watch fab. your healthbar doesn't matter until you're dead. you need to 6k and intimidate with the buster

6k loop*

also don't throw out raw hammerfalls like a retard. you mostly will want to use it with meter

Testing quality

twitchtv/hatsugi

fuck ky kiske

>6f raven

>8f ky

>10f euro

would rather play some euros than many southerners/midwesterns desu

Ram is all setplay.

Who are you top 3 guilty gear girls?

Raven, Sol, Pot

Augus, July, April, I-no, Sharon, Alexis in no order

Euro hours

Jam, Millia, Dizzy

It's EC time to go work hours

COCONUT!
HERE IT IS!
Any other iconic misheard lines from GG?

3 I-nos

good answer

benis

Got to go with Millia, Baiken, Jam
I really like "Autistic"

Who says that

Venom

Anyone else tend to feel like whoever you're playing against is better than you, even if you win? A lot of the time when I win I feel like I'm fucking up left and right while whoever I'm up against seems so much more methodical of what they're doing while making very little mistakes. Even when watching replays it looks like I'm playing very clumsily in comparison to whoever lost.

Well, you're the only one who can see all your mistakes

Not always.

Most of the time when watching my own replays I realize that I do much better under pressure and tend to cock up what should have been easy victories because I got lazy after getting away with a borderline retarded Riot Stomp one too many times.

This is pretty typical for Ram players.

>Implying my opponents aren't studying my inputs in the replay just to laugh at me

I don't play Ram, it was just an appropriate image.

>they can see me mashing inputs everywhere

Yeah but your post is pretty relevant to Ram players.

my nigga

So how are our EU friends today? Remembering to practice?

Training mode is for faggots.

Anybody NA West up for like a 30min set?

Pmoded against Baiken and ran into one immediately, what I had in mind worked out pretty well even though it shouldn't be a guard cancel on her part.

GUROUND VIPAH

GAAAHLFRIEEEEND

>No new posts
What the fuck is that damage

Wait I didn't write that greentext

so will there be any new updates like new charavters or is arcsys focusing on a different project?

Team Red is working on DBFZ right now, so don't hold your breath.

Are there any characters who swaddle themselves in defensive options and then get in and mangle their foe? Baiken seems to be like that, but i'm unsure if there's something I'm missing about her gameplan.

This but from what I understand Team Red is also getting a lot of assistance from other dev teams in ArcSys in terms of sheer man power. My guess is the core of Team Red will be more free after about two or three months after DBFZ launches.

Back up PS4 Lobby if anyone wants to join

Nigger

>mfw made it to black a.b.a in survival mode and picked berserk not knowing I wasn't going to get a daredevil for 100 levels
>proceed to get double ko'd by the gold anji

>got home early today
Surprise! The Wednesday mid afternoon ECPC room is now open. I'll keep it up for about an hour and see who shows.
Room ID: hr0e

Bye page 10

what's the level of play in these threads? beginner/experienced/both?

beginner
t. ecpc semi-regular

People in this thread are usually good at combos but bad at neutral.

I'd say intermediate.

I-No, Baiken, and Millia