pastebin.com/fZHW0a8b

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1X57UrBP6agjk1heiYS7fOzhK67TYDXAoTvRHOFwoabc/pub
If you see a problem, please reply to the OP with suggestions.

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

New to Souls. I have no idea what's going on. Anyone want to show me around and protect me from Invaders? This game is too hard!

Might want to use an image that isn't widely known on /v/.

>the XBOX HUEG feet

men are so disgusting

Post nice & funny webms

5TH FOR DEMON'S SOULS FOR PS4

Give me your top 5 worst Souls areas.

1. tomb of giants
9001. everything else

Demon's Souls ps4 is cool but I'd rather have a new i.p. optimally would be both of course but I'll be mad if we don't get a new i.p because of a port of an extremely solid but content wise underwhelming souls title.

Can I get a quick rundown on the memories maps of dark souls 2?
assuming they are optional, are they worth doing?

do you think she doesn't wear any panties?

tomb of the giants is fine, you cuck

1. Horsefuck Valley
2. Lost Bloomalith
3. Headshot by a Fucking Poison Statue Gulch
4. Slog of Amana
5. Tomb of the Skeledogs

The path to the chariot and the smelter demon are a fucking pain in the ass, what are some other terrible pre-boss areas?

Horsecock Valley
Izalith
Farron Keep
Irythill Dungeon
Eleum Loyce

what was so bad about the valley?

Just wait until you get to the DLC.

Stop posting images of men trying to be women. We already know it's possible for men to be better women than women.

It's very uninteresting, and it's just try to figure out your path in the snow, then stop moving, if a reindeer has spawned kill it (and those fucks are annoying to fight and bulky as shit), make a few steps, stop, repeat
And the boss is just lmao2cat
The worst part is that if you want the ring of the living you have to bother going through this piece of fuck

>Raime and Velsdat playing dance dance revolution

You can pinpoint the exact moment that the gold phantom loses his faith in humanity

Why doesn't Friede let me do whatever I want with her pathetic painted world since I'm the lord of Londor?

>That bow stamina consumption

Probably the only good part about dark souls 1 bows.

Makes me want to play it again

any fun builds?

Because she gives no fucks about Londor. That is literally the reason she is in the Painted World in the first place you fucking idiot.

Honestly people bitch about the lore being overly vague and open to varied interpretations and then turn around and completely misunderstand even the bits which absolutely aren't vague.

Really tickles the ol' neurons.

>finally defeated the 4 Old fucks in dark souls 2
It's all gonna get better now right?

I don't actually know the lore. That's why I'm asking, good lad.

What would a fight with Gwyn in his prime look like?

One of them houses a mandatory bossfight. They are worth doing if you want to kill Vendrick.

lightning bolt bullethell

you about to get to the best areas of the game, go shulva first, one of the best areas period and three great bosses with different styles to each

Second phase of Soul of Cinder.

You did about 50% of the game, congrats

>Shulva
>Three great bosses
>Three

You getting your shit pushed in by a ten mile wide lightning stake

Instant death by ten trillion lightning bolts

In no particular order

>Duke's Archives
>Grand Archives
>Lost Izalith
>Fool's Idol Archstone, 3-2
>Shrine of Amana

No Man's Wharf and Demon Ruins/Smouldering Lake in Dark Souls III would be in there but they're optional areas. It all comes down to the fact that the other areas are required, all have shit enemy placement or bad level design features, and that they all have a shitty gimmick. Duke's Archives has the guaranteed loss against Seath unless you use the shortcut bug, Grand Archives is long as fuck and ends with the 1000 steps to get to Lothric, Lost Izalith makes my eyes bleed and Bed of Chaos is literally luck based, 3-2 has the Mind Flayer on the stairs and the Maneaters, and Shrine of Amana is so fucking long and has the priestesses.

yo /dsg/ what is this are we getting actual merch?

i really want that asylum demon

>Grand Archives

Souls wouldn't be able to do it justice
You'd need a Platinum-style character action game to do it

And get whoever voiced Zeus in God of War to do the voice acting.

Bullying the fire keeper is so fun.

Soul level 102 wants the golden garb. Give me, sparkly twinkly garb, pls! Give! Give!
Sing on the Fool's Idol stone.

I got you man, where do you want my sign?

Toxic lagtown
Frozen Eleum Loyce since you have to do it twice every playthrough
5-2
Tomb of darkness
Frigid outskirts

The north pole

What are some good spells for a 125 co-op build? Like a dedicated cleric/healer? I know I'm gonna go 60fth, and use Great Heal and Lothric War Banner already, not sure what else I should use.
I heard Projected Heal blows after being Nerfed awhile back, and at 125 I feel like Carressing Tears should be useless because who the fuck isn't walking around with 99 of every moss in their inventory. Considering Sacred Oath, but I'm unsure if it's effected by Lingering Dragoncrest Ring or Sacred Chime of Filianore. Speaking of, I also figure regen miracles are worthless considering I have Filianore's WA. Should I even bother with Warmth? I know the regen can be nuts but staying in one place + it being a pyromancy seems more trouble than it's worth, not to mention two attunement slots

>No powerstances in 3
>Cant use my favorite dual-greatswords build from 2
What the FUCK what Miyahacki thinking?

Could someone assist me with the Dancer?

I've been trying all night with no luck.

NA Soul Level 55

currently plugging in my atari

Generally Med Heal and Great Heal are all you need, Projected Heal is literally only as effective as Heal Aid. Don't bother with Sacred Oath, Sunlight Straight Sword WA does the exact same thing except that it's weaker versus other players (which doesn't matter since it still gets cut at least fourfold). Regen over time is ass, even Filianore's is piss weak and you'd do better to use something else. Warmth is not worth it, two Attunement slots is far too expensive and it takes way too long to heal when you could simply cast Med Heal and be done with it (plus, there will rarely/never be a situation where you need to heal literally everybody on your team from empty to full and have the time to waste standing around).

If you feel like shenanigans, Emit Force can be useful for ranged support, though Lightning Arrow is far better in every way. Lightning Stake and Lightning Storm can also be useful for dealing with invaders, same with Vow of Silence if you're confident in your melee skills and expect the other guy to be casting. If you can reach 10 Int, you can attune Rapport and swap in Sc**lar Ring to cast it, you'd be surprised which mobs are affected by it.

Discussion Question:

Is "Souls" a valid genre? Do you think games like Nioh and The Surge are stealing from Dark Souls?

What elements of a game do you see and then think "Souls Clone"?

If someone is trying to take elements from Dark Souls, what should they take? What should they leave in the DS universe?

Replacing the batteries in my gameboy colour

Soulslike is a valid genre. Most people seem to get it wrong. Hard Game =! Soulslike. I'd say that as long as it contains at least 75% of the following list, it qualifies.

Story / World
>Dark / High fantasy setting with supernatural powers
>faceless protagonist
>lore told through item descriptions and npc dialogue, not cinematic custscenes/direct exposition
>world-ending or post apocalyptic peril
>Guiding waifu for the player
>Multiple morally ambiguous endings

Non-combat mechanics
>Third person rpg movement and camera control
>explorable levels with shortcuts, traps, gimmicks, and enemy rooms (metroidvania)
>multiple classes and gameplay styles that play drastically differently
>varying speed classes of weapons and armor (light, mid, heavy, etc.)
>lots of character stats and build creating with tradeoffs, not just linear upgrades
>random enemy item /weapon drops
>"boss" weapons and armor

Game Design
>large end-dungeon bosses
>surprise mid-game player or NPC invasions
>open-world exploration or varied boss order
>Asymmetric multiplayer
>unified currency for items and rewards from enemies
>tweaking of basic game mechanics (walking speed, stagger, dodge distance, basic combat options, etc.)

Combat Mechanics
>combat-first melee focused game design with blocking and/or rolling
>enemy lock on and strafing
>stamina bar that is consumed by movement, dodging, and/or attacking
>critical/riposte attacks like backstabs, shieldbreaks, or headshots
>easy mid-combat weapon swapping
>mid-combat healing

I wouldn't call it a genre in and of itself, but rather any game that blatantly attempts to copy it is rightly labeled a "Soulslike" and deserves all the criticism and accolade it gets in the attempted copying a Souls game.

A Souls game, by itself, is simply a specific flavor of RPG developed by From. Unless we see more attempts at making Soulslike games from other developers, it will remain a solitary game series and not a new genre.

were you having connection issues getting through the fog wall?

PC?
set your pass as dsg and I'll help.

All souls games are just action RPG's. Calling a game a soulslike is just like calling a an apple a granny smith -- Still an apple, still in the rpg genre
Soulslike generally refers to-
>the realism in attack animations, where a player can easily be punished in their recovery time
>the bonfire system, enemies respawning when you regain health and healing/estus
and possibly the boss fights. Goddamn, do I love a good bossfight

What are some fun ds3 builds? I'm getting bored of twinblades and poiseheavy weapons

There are none. DS2 is where the fun builds are at.

already tried most builds out in ds2 during its' prime.
Not really interested in dealing with assface jesters again

the jesters drove you away?

>Demon Ruins
>Lost Izalith
>Frigid Outskirts
>Farron Keep
>The Ringed City
Honorable mentions to climbing out of Blighttown, unlocked Aldia's Keep, and 5-2 lower Valley of Defilement.

a lack of interest drove me away.
I got to rank two in the blue arena, clued into what I was doing, and how i wasn't having fun competing for a shiny aura against literal clowns and assholes.

how are you supposed to get the big yellow hat in demon's souls when the game goes offline?

Take a guess

No Souls clone is complete without asymmetrical, largely involuntary PvP. As such, I don't consider Nioh and its less-successful western counterparts (the latter lacking multiplayer at all) to be proper entries in a potential Souls-like genre.

They're trying to copy the single-player aspect of it, without realizing that the involuntary integrated PvP is a major part of what makes a Souls game what it is. The masses will consider them as "Souls clones" because of the single-player aspect alone though.

nioh looks cool as fuck, is it any good?

Do you like stats > style gameplay?
Do you like grinding?
Do you REALLY like grinding?

When should I do the dark souls 2 DLC? what's the recommended level and in what order should I do them?

While missing a lot of the elements that tie the Soulsborne franchise together, the basic gameplay is deeper and it's easily the closest we've got to a non-From Souls game.
The enemy variety is a huge weakpoint though.

Generally you should do them around the time you reach Undead Crypt, or shortly after. Any order is fine, but try to have the Ashen Mist Heart before attempting Old Iron King. They're much more difficult and fun than the base game, so beating them even after the final boss is fine.

Whenever you want though in Scholar probably at an appropriate time you get the keys and sometime after Drangleic Castle at least for the last one. You can really do any of them at any time once you get the keys but for new players around level 100+ is probably best to make sure you have your build ready.

Sunken>iron>>ivory.
late game as fuck. usually around Amana or Crypt like user here mentioned

>Ashen Mist Heart
what is this thing and how does it help on the dlc?
The game doesn't end when you kill the final boss, you can explore the world?

Release order, Sunken>Iron>Ivory
Personally I always do them after dragon aerie since you need the Ashen Mist Heart for one of the boss fights

You can choose when to proceed to NG+ after beating the final boss. Generally I'd recommend doing the DLCs before beating the final boss though, it has more impact.

Do them right after killing Giant Lord and Vendrick but before fighting Nashandra. SL should be 120-150. One of the game's endings doesn't make sense without completing the 3 DLCs first, and they really should have locked it behind that condition.

The Ashen Mist Heart is what you get from the Ancient Dragon in Dragon Shrine. It allows you to fight the third boss of the DLC.

Is Dark Souls the Cuphead of Souls-like games?

It's a key item that you get towards the the end of the base game and it's needed to access one of the bossfights Iron.
>not saving Watcher&Defender/Wannabeneato/Firetreeman for a 3 stage endurance run

Is DarkHead the Souls of Cup-like games?

I always pop a cap in the Throne Cunts as soon as I get the King's Bling, before heading to Big A's Crib.

Touhou is truly the Undertale of DarkCup games

Are you Dark Souls?

what's the best place to farm souls in ds2 and how can I reach it?

>DS2's biggest issue is Soul Memory
Why are you trying to inflate yours?

>farming souls in ds2
m8 why bother when soul memory exists?

no, I am the Cupped Undead

The Giant Lord boss.

ascetic the Rotten

>Level up all the way
>slap on Agape Ring
>steam roll PvE

post cosplay chars

>wasting time instead of just playing the game at the From-intended SL
>wasting a ring slot

i dont have a pic but i made one of guts :)))