Japanese news: imasnews765.com
Official upcoming events schedule: idolmaster.jp/schedule/index.php
Streaming music: shijou.moe/imas-radio
Material translations and discographies: pastebin.com/1J9zzA1p
Character birthdays: pastebin.com/pvwsEbjQ
Upcoming events and merchandise: pastebin.com/yu6rrC2t

New here? Check out the FAQ and Resource Links: pastebin.com/icRtaLvv

STARLIGHT STAGE:
>Event: 11/30 - 12/?? Live Parade (Hajime, Hiromi)
>Gacha: 11/27 - 11/30 (Nao, Frederica, Tokiko)
>Gacha: 11/27 - 11/30 (Sae, Yoshino, Kako)
>Party: 11/02 - 12/04
Cards: starlight.kirara.ca
Tracker: twitter.com/deresuteborder0

THEATER DAYS:
>Event: 11/30 - 12/03 Theater Showtime
>Gacha: 11/21 - 11/30 (Tamaki, Noriko, Miki)
Cards: imas.gamedbs.jp/mlth
Tracker: twitter.com/imas_ml_td_t

LIVE ON ST@GE:
>Event: 11/22 - 11/29 (Nao, Takeru)
>Event Gacha: 11/21 - 11/29 (Chris, Yusuke)
>Event: 12/01 - 12/?? "Magical Memorial Show" (Tsubasa, Ryu)
>Event Gacha: 11/30 - 12/?? (Shouta, Pierre)
>315 Scout Rate Up: 11/28 - 11/30

NEWS:
>Archive of : archive.is/m1N4b
- StS/TD Lawson collab in-store: - StS Iori PV: - MILLION THE@TER GENERATION 02 Fairy Stars + Blooming Clover volume 1 CD rips and drama track summaries: - SM ANIMATION PROJECT 02 cover: - CG PLUM Chie/Arisu/Momoka figures: - TD Update (Nov 29th): - CG Bright Stars!! comic anthology details: UPCOMING:
Nov 29th, 8PM JST: SM stream: nico.ms/lv307993614
Dec 6th: ML M@STER SPARKLE 04, CG Theater S2 ED "Akimeite Ding Dong Dang!"
Dec 7th, 8PM JST: CG stream: nico.ms/lv308957710
Dec 13th: SM ANIMATION PROJECT 02/03/04, CG MASTER SEASONS WINTER!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Marcus_Sellars/status/935632298564780032
nico.ms/lv307993614
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope Kotoha returns soon, so these three can get a song together.

Fuck being poor

Fuck poor beings

Intimately and sexually.

first for uzuki

Poor fuck beings

I'm seeing Karen

twitter.com/Marcus_Sellars/status/935632298564780032
Just spitballing because there's 0% chance this is going to happen, but what would your reaction be if for some reason an iM@S game would be announced by Bamco to be available for Switch at Dec 15?

If the game were good I would have to buy a switch.

it will be shit anyway

if it's CG stuff. Otherwise there's hope.

I see three things wrong with that picture.
>Makoto should be Link
>Miki should be Kirby
>Chihaya is a perfect Lucina cosplayer, she has the blue hair and flat chest

BELIEVE IN CHIE.

What would you want a new flagship game to be like?
My biggest gripes with the recent ones are that they removed the time limit, so that your decisions don't matter and that they went from a unique system in im@s 2 that they improved in OfA to a generic shitty rythm game in PS.

Also kinda related to the first point, I liked how you focused on just the 3 units in your unit, trying to improve their danketsu before instead of potentially producing a different idol every week in the newer games.

Oh fuck off metafag, come back when your other CGkiddies are awake, it's time for the grown ups now.

Not so much DLC please. That's all.

CLOSED DOWN

HTMillonLive5

HTML5 is actually codename.
It's gonna be a documentary about "How Trash is Million Live?" and there will be five episodes.

just how mad is this lad

>It's gonna be a documentary about "How Trash is My Life?" and there will be five episodes.
ftfy

Silly user, why would Namco make a documentary about you?
You're not even good at their games.

Imagine being so butthurt about ML you decided to destroy an entire community on a weeb imageboard. Not that the community wasn't shit after September 2016 but still.

>no u

Of course they're not making a docu about me because it's gonna be about you.
It'll be an inside look at how a mad user's mind works as he trolls message boards aggravating people.

Stop replying to it.

Talk about the subject matter and not about other users.

Have it your way. I'm dipping.

So mad

>butthurt about ML
why don't you scroll up and see who's the one who started the namecalling?

>give me (You's) for my boner plz!

>return of showtime senpai (fucking kek)
>gachas still last two weeks
>the same awful "event" in the middle of the month (another two weeks no doubt)
>2 new songs per month
ML is hopeless, because scamco is hopeless.

>try to discuss games
>people metafag instead

CHIE THE COMMUNITY BELIEVES IN YOU

I don't think there should be a time limit, but instead you should have a "running loss" system. As in, your fan count and stuff will go DOWN if you just dawdle around not doing anything. You'd be forced to actually continuously improve and push your idols higher in order to make progress, rather than being able to just slowly chip away at the rankings.

Just ignore them. They don't play any of the games, so they aren't capable of engaging in this sort of discussion. They aren't worth your time or attention.

Also, it's the middle of the night, so don't expect too many replies.

>opinions
>CG SSR art is amateur shit compared to godlike ML objet d'arts
>again, opinions
>ML masterful symphonies blow the CG beep boops out of the water

>"running loss" system.
I think there's a downside to that system.
Not only does it casualize the game even more now, but you're also "playing not to lose" instead of "playing to win"

Those are facts, not opinions.

molesting the loli

Yes, that's right.
That's generally how the entertainment industry works. That's how iM@S Arcade worked. You kept going until you couldn't keep up anymore.

CG fags should be hunted like uncultured animals they are.

>middle of the night
But it's 11am.

Regarding the mainline games, they should add a SCANDAL system.
If you don't become close to your idol her Affection starts going down and the Perfect Communication choices are locked, but if you start acting too intimate with your idol in public places she starts losing fans because of scandals.
Miki would be a fucking nightmare to produce.

Also bring back the Chihaya Spiral.

All they need is to actually play TD once to see how much better it is instead of trying to create flaws that don't exist.

I forgot
>THREE DAYS
That's if you exclude the 1 day of radio silence, and the day of the announcement that the next event is only coming tomorrow, so it would actually be five days, not three.

But Producers are supposed to be intimate with idols.

But the iM@S Arcade works like that because they needed to keep you for as long as possible. The console games don't need to work like that, rather because of it being such a personalized experience nowadays it should encourage the player to play to win instead of playing not to lose.

>That's generally how the entertainment industry works.
That's generally how any industry works. It doesn't mean you have to put it in a game.

That move, while interesting, would also create a real life scandal lol.

It's 5:30AM EST. It's quiet hours.

I don't like the idea of a SCANDAL system, but I would like to see the character stat return. Also, branching paths for your idols' progression. Something like Awakened Miki, but for all idols, and probably without the visual changes.

>try to talk about waifu
>people talk about games and mobage

>CG beep boops
CG receives songs with full actual orchestration and band arrangements though, while ML is stuck with lantis' FLstudio magic of programmed drums/squeaky synths/farty bass.

Then have set goals. Ranks. Rewards. Trophies. CD sales. Things to win. That's how it worked, even with the time limit system. This would be exactly the same, except instead of the limit being "time", it would be "sustainability". You'd have a metaphorical time limit, based on how long you could stay above water before getting washed away.

Aside from not liking the idea, I'm not sure how you would execute it, like every idol has her own personal fancount, right? So if you focused on one idol for multiple weeks at a time would the others all suffer? I wouldn't like if the game forced you to keep switching like that.

Generally I don't think that kind of loss would be the right way though, since instead of having a concrete plan to make the best out of your time you would just have to make sure you win more than you lose every day.

I think it would be cool if the whole unit status thing in im@s 2 actually mattered even when you play correctly. The way it is you're always just at the perfect status and only that one loss to ryuugu komachi interrupts it, which makes the whole system feel kinda wasted. Not sure how to make that work though, since if your status just broke randomly that would be really frustrating. One thing that could be done though would be having more story events that change your status and force you to recover, potentially even idol specific.
I remember in Takanes im@s 2 story there was a point were the bad guy supposedly made it harder for 765pro to get jobs, but it didn't influence the gameplay at all.

Why do you type so much.

Well, if you have a time limit or a sustainability limit, I was sort of operating on the assumption that we were talking about 1/SP/2's system where you'd pick one to three idols and that was your unit. The other idols wouldn't be a factor in your campaign. Once you finally ran out of time or fans, you'd start a new run.

If you're suggesting they have a system where you handle all the idols at once, a system like what OFA did, then you can't have time limits or sustainability limits. In which case, how do you add tension? There has to be something at risk.

>I discuss through memes!

The Saggysawa community.

If you're intimate only in private then that should minimise the chance of scandals.

>I discuss through walls of text no one cares to read, so I waste my time!

Mami = best
Ami = Mami's sister

So would you make the difficulty ramp up constantly until it's a forced loss? While the idea is interesting that doesn't seem like something that would be well received and I'm not sure how you would end it, I guess the idols could retire happily technically, so that you dont get a bad ending every time?

The reason I thought you were going with a system where you produce all idols is because the unit system requires multiple playthroughs to be able to produce all idols, so it seems to make the most sense to use that system in combination with a hard time limit.

Who will make this hypothetical game?

Scamco's skeleton crew that can't make an adequate Project Diva knockoff for consoles or maintain a mobile gacha rhythm game? Surely not.

>So would you make the difficulty ramp up constantly until it's a forced loss? While the idea is interesting that doesn't seem like something that would be well received and I'm not sure how you would end it, I guess the idols could retire happily technically, so that you dont get a bad ending every time?
That's literally exactly how iM@S Arcade worked. To the fucking letter. And it was pretty well received.
You kept going until you couldn't, then you were forced to do your idol's farewell concert, and you got different endings depending on what rank you reached and how well the final concert did. DS also used this system (the videos you might've seen of Ryou going full on RYUN-RYUN are if you end up getting a low-rank by the end of the game). This is classic iDOLM@STER mechanics. This is how every single iDOLM@STER game worked except for SP, OFA and PS. And even then, SP had this in Free Produce mode. It was only in the default scripted story mode that this system didn't apply.

That would be the point. You would have to balance between getting intimiate in public and in private, in other games there are some commus where you have to be intimate with your idols in places like parks or studios to get a Perfect Commu, you would have to find a balance to keep her Affection and her Character high.

No more Yukiho heating your food with her breasts.

>No more Yukiho heating your food with her breasts.
This sounds like a terrible, terrible systme.

>Nov 29th, 8PM JST: SM stream: nico.ms/lv307993614
Starting now. Region locked.

They just need to make an iM@s Kart racing game with Kuroi as the final boss who races on a rocket ship.

Sounds gay.

>scamco the greedy piece of shit company
>making good games
They can't even bother to make a good new character anymore.

>That's literally exactly how iM@S Arcade worked. To the fucking letter. And it was pretty well received.
It was pretty well received because that's how arcades are supposed to work.
I don't think you understand, consoles don't work like arcades.

If you can't deal with reality, you should stick to the hugbox LINE knockoff within your dying, shit game instead of continuing to come here and getting your feelings hurt by facts.

Hmm, thinking about it, I'm starting to like that idea actually. It would even add the optional challenge of trying to survive as many weeks as possible, you wouldn't have to stop at the height of your success and since you get a good ending if you did well it wouldn't feel like you lose no matter what.

Theorycrafters please answer my question

Hey SS killer.

But that's also how iDOLM@STER 1 on Xbox 360 worked. And it was well received too. The only difference was, they changed it to a hard time limit per run 'cuz you weren't pumping in quarters to keep it going, so to speak. But I don't see why you couldn't have an Arcade-style infinite option. There are plenty of games with "endless" modes where you just keep going until you can't hold on.

Like I said, if there isn't any sort of limit, then what do you propose? The system established in OFA is interesting, but it's also (mostly) stress-free. I don't hate it, but it doesn't have the same thrill to it.

Do you want us to start listing off game developers or something? You're a fucking nerd, holy shit.

I presume it would be made by some people who either work at or are contracted by Namco Bandai. They've made games like this in the past, so I think they could pull it off again somehow.

Who is this overdressed dork?

>Who is this overdressed dork
A cartridge. And now a whistle.

That is a very strange and intriguing answer.

Sana is a good girl. No bully.
Feel free to bully that slut Emily for killing TD, though.

I want you to think pragmatically instead of navel gazing about a game that will never be because there's no one left to make it.

Nice ideas guys, but you do realize that it's all happy fun danketsu times from here on out, right? That im@s games won't stop getting more and more casual friendly with no alternative for hardcore players, right?

want to stick my dick in there

That’s fine. I’m not exactly looking for the Dark Souls of idol games, just give me cute girls singing cute songs and doing cute things and I’m set.

Oh, I know it's incredibly unlikely that they'll ever go back to classic iDOLM@STER gameplay after how poorly iDOLM@STER 2 was received, but it's nice to run through hypothetical scenarios without worrying about the details. That's what doesn't understand, either.

New to the game. Which one should I use 2500 gems on? Or should I save them?

1. Save gems for rate-ups like CinFes unless there's a limited gacha running and you REALLY REALLY want the idols in it.
2. Don't spend gems on room upgrades. Just don't.

Do what you want.

The Sae/Yoshino gacha has the best SSR in the game, so I’d go for that unless you have a favorite to save jewels for.

That's how it worked on the 360 because they had no precedent. Idol console games were new back then.

>then what do you propose?
I say they make a console version of Starlight Stage. Add the room customization to console, leaderboards for hardcore players, the works. Though do away with the RMT gacha system and just make it in-game. Also ffs make the songs free this time Bamco.

>The system established in OFA is interesting, but it's also (mostly) stress-free. I don't hate it, but it doesn't have the same thrill to it.
CGSS got it right for 2017.

Some more things I just thought about, not sure if they're already in the arcade game and I'm stating the obvious.
There should be an option to stop a playthrough once you've got the highest rank or maybe even at any point, so that you can see the ending without having to suicide your idol.
Also I think there should still be things you can achieve even when you're starting to make net negative every week, so that it doesn't feel like a slow and painful death and instead gives off the feeling that even when you're reclining you can still win small victories.

Alright, thanks. Only character I really know and like from the series is Azusa Miura. May try a roll just to try and get some better cards.