/hg/ - Halo General

#376 - Muh Canon edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>Halo 5: Guardians has received a major weapons tuning update that radically changes up the gameplay. This update has gone into effect in all arena playlists, warzone playlists, and even custom games.
For a full list of changes, see the link here: halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/weapon-tuning-update

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/thanks-beats-everything

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>SPV3, the Halo CE fan remix project, can be downloaded for free
youtube.com/watch?v=VOMzNMe8qHE

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iaB-jpRmgiY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>that OP
Based

This triggers the illiterates

It triggers everyone that's not autistic about pointless things

The weak should fear the strong

>33 kills
Good shit
>with the shee
Eh, still good shit, but, well you know

It's literally okay when CE does it though.

So I am working on an alternate history of the Halo Universe where the Prophets never knew of Humanities past and treated them like any other race, after a long and bloody war a treaty was established and the systems that the Covenant had occupied where ceded to the Covenant, the Covenant wanted this peace deal because they had found the first Halo Ring.

What role would the Humans that are now part of the Covenant play within the Covenant?

Would the UNSC Humans (they still control a good portion of the human colonies and still have Reach and most of the Spartans are still alive) interfere with Instillation 04?

Almost certainly false flagging bait, but fuck it I'll bite.
Ok, why is it not ok when Halo 4 does it?

Because...

>prophets never knew of humanities past
They never did in canon, they just saw a forerunner name for humans labelling them as the heirs to forerunner society and got really jealous
>what role would humans play
A very small one, would be constantly overseen by elites and prophets until proven trustworthy and smart, could take decades to earn their own rights
>interfere with installation 04
wouldn't be allowed to unless the Prophets realised they were the ones who could push the button to fire it, in which case they would be brought over to push the button and fire it

ebin

>tfw no Halo 5: Master Chief & Friends Superstars Adventures in Dreamland

Heroic is canon. Deal with it LASO sweaties.

Easy is canon. Deal with it Heroic sweaties.

No difficulties are canon. Deal with it campaigntards.

>No difficulties are canon. Deal with it campaigntards.
This is actually true. As evidenced by the OP

If you like Halo 5, that's great.

I quit Halo 5 a long time ago. Campaign was terrible like Halo 2, mm is good when you get a decent connection, req packs are Halo 5's loot boxes, I don't like them. Too many similar armour and helmet variants, no real emblem creation, far too many blue, red, green and yellow visors.

There's a lack of blood, everything is too shiny and new looking. The customization is a joke, there are too many forged maps, there are no playable elites, no splitscreen, not enough John 117 missions and I could go on forever.

Not the best Halo but definitively the worst halo imfo.

>there are no playable elites
good post as always

>campaign was terrible
Ok
>like Halo 2
Faggot

Stop. Replying. To. Piss. Poor. Bait.

And yet you just replied to bVIII

It isn't bait if it is largely true...

Idiot. I AM bVIII

Setting aside the falsified of the statement itself, bait can be and often is truthful statements. If it's reaching for a response, it's bait

>its false because I think it is
>If it's reaching for a response, it's bait
prove its bait ill wait t b h famalam

Yeah. I don't know what that no name randum is talking about. They must be part of Halo 5 defense force.

It's bait because it keeps getting repeatedly posted hoping for (YOU)s

This.
Also some of the opinions it has within it are largel y against what the community agrees on

Repeatedly posted? Are you drunk?

>lose argument
>claim oither person is drunk
At least try to stay on track, user

So what does this mean?

It means the games are not canon.

But we already knew that

>doesn't know what he's being accused of.
>accuse this user of repeatedly posting
at least try to bring up evidence dumb drunk lol?

Yeah but it still triggers some people

The books are canon after all.

The Books were always canon

The books difficulty is also on heroic. Right?

The Books don't have a difficulty.

Based on what they describe, it's more like normal or easy actually

This desu. Spartans are OP

Does it really matter what is canon?

No, but it's good shitposting material

Not really, since what is canon changes like the wind in this franchise.
I'm not surprised most people just adhere to headcanon at this point.

I've never even given a shit about the story desu

This desu

He died for noithing

No user, You did
*aims gun*

Slipspace Rupture Detected
Slipspace Rupture Detected

Leave it to a Brute Fleet to have to fix what a Shithelli fleet can't finish on their own.
Figures.

can someone post that picture where theres that dude standing with an ma5b and the captions says something along the lines of "pussyslayer takes no prisoners"?

Kel. Bumping this

Kek*

Explain that to someone reading below level.

If you think of how quickly the marines and odst's at the academy showen in Forward Unto Dawn were killed that the difficulty was higher then easy and how the Chief fought was completely different from the games making it seem easier.

no response as usual. typical h5df kys while ur at it m8

Haha funny but lets not want some random defense force to suicide over something they made up. :3

Halo 2 had the same arguments against it that 5 did with 5 people just posted on r*ddit instead of creating websites

>comparing Halo 2's campaign to Halo 5
Wew

Only one i have

Time to play some Halo 5! I'll be getting into a game soon!

You wew. The main complaint was the splitting of gameplay.

>five years ago
>that toddler is a teen

Oh damn it. I didn't ask for this

CE was made in the late 90's 4 was made in the 2010's

That's a decade of games evolving to not use silly tricks anymore but apparently 343 didn't get the memo

Any idea if 343 will continue on the covert war path or go back to bungie's style and have Greek and Christian mythology for the setting?

youtube.com/watch?v=iaB-jpRmgiY
>better soundtrack than the main game it came from
How did they do it?

Spartan Locke: Surrender that AI.
Halsey: Were it so easy.

343 doesn't know how to make Halo have fun with itself. Long gone are the days of humor in cutscenes and guitar tracks to blast aliens to

The next game will finish off the current plot arc. It's likely to have similar aesthetic cues

Reminder that Halsey had incestuous feeling for John.

>you will never plow prime, late 40s, bilateral arm-possessing Halsey

Kimochi warui

Delete this

"Ugh... I can't get free. Please free me before Arbiter comes back!"

girl (((male)))

No thanks, I think I'll just wait for him to come back so I can watch.

The usual parts that are colored are an off-shade of black here...

Why does 343 have such a hard time with black undersuits

Hold your tongue, hingehead!
...oh wait

It looks like the design is trying to blend the armor and suit. It has a streamlined look that works for the S4s mass production lore. But the two shades do suck.

Sangheili have tongues, though they're not like 343i described.

Imagine a Sangheili mouth pressed against your gf's/your clit with all the mandibles spread out arou nd it in 4 directions holding the bottom of the body in place while the alien tongue goes to work

I want to fuck those pods from aliens now.

>Imagine a Sangheili mouth pressed against your gf-

Ha

Also:
" Thel panted heavily and his mandibles were wide open, his tongue flicking the air, by the time they arrived at the top."
-Cole Protocol

It would be extremely painful.

You're a small guy.

4u

>KINGHTS! PROTECT ME!!!
People like this guy?

Jul's son, Dural, is far more edgier and ignorant.

Eh, not really. I kinda liked Gek tho

I did, he had potential and then got 343'd. If they treat Atriox the same way, i'm gonna lose the little hope i still had for them.

I haven't read any recent books but i could swear they Kilo-Five books described his sons as being fairly young. How old is Dural supposed to be?

Atriox is already a shit antag

They already have. That scene where Atrriox just happens to be at the outypost and then 1v3s Spartan IIs only to let them escape because that's the cliche villain thing to do and then never shows up again is Sonic Adventure fanfic tier writing.