Do you browse /pol/? Do you pay attention to politics?

Do you browse /pol/? Do you pay attention to politics?

My eyes have been glued to both for years but I think this may be checking out time for me. It feels a lot like noise.

Do you think there is any worth in any of it apart from the soap opera?

Was mainstream media always so bad? I read that objectivity was only practised by newspapers due to monopolies.

>Do you browse /pol/?
>Do you pay attention to politics?
Please pick one. /pol/ is filled with retards who have no idea what politics are.

Used to. Election year got wayyyyyy too retarded for me. I still check on politics

I used to go there, then the Redditors invaded on Trumps back and it's become nothing to do with politics and all about personalities. Maybe I'll go back in a year to shitpost more Syndi threads

>Was mainstream media always so bad?

No, we used to keep tabloid content on analog containment boards

>Do you pay attention to Politics
>My eyes have been glued to both for years
>Do you think there is any worth in any of it apart from the soap opera?

>I pay attention to politics but have not spent a single second of my life trying to think of a reason why politics exists

Fuck off back to the /pol/ hole, you useless, pot-smoking, shit-for-brains

>Do I browse /pol/
No, but I used to religiously.
Yes, but I don't worry about it too much. As it stands democracy has degenerated into pure oligarchy and all the would-be benevolent dictators are never going to challenge this unless we get a Napoleon-tier prodigy coupled with extraordinary circumstances.

I think it's worth knowing what to expect from the next person to lord over me.

>Was mainstream media always so bad? I read that objectivity was only practised by newspapers due to monopolies
No, mainstream media has always been in the pocket of whoever could afford it.
And alternative media isn't much better. It exists and pretty much always has existed because of ideological motives rather than to be objective.

You dont know politics nigga

I liked pre-2014 /pol/. Today it's basically reddit 2.0.

I sometimes visit otherchan's /pol/ but don't linger around much because it's a definition of an echo chamber and mods are too trigger happy. However VIIIchan has given me a peak into a variety of alternative, NatSoc literature i would've never heard of before. 8/pol/ might be filled with literal neo-nazis and stormfags but at least they are well-read and know their shit. 4/pol/ is just LARPers and hillbilly Americans.

>There was a time when Spanish Civil War threads on /pol/ were great
Now all I see is here a cuck, there a cuck everywhere a cuck cuck

I kinda follow politics but only as a hobby. Never voted because my vote literally doesn't count. If we had swiss style referendums and Parliament style governments I'd definitely vote though.

>There was a time when /pol/ had regular anarchist generals largely free from right-wing shitposting.
I didn't know it was even possible for a community to degenerate so hard so fast.

I don't like to say it, but it's literally redit, it's r/thedonald with a Veeky Forums logo at this point

Rarely, I used to back in 2010-2012. The Dirty Dan threads are amusing though. I find the board too full of buzzwords and its devolved into tumblr but in the opposite spectrum. As for politics, I think it's good to know, but also good to know when to stop and just ignore it.

Politics is interesting and following it gives me something I can talk to normies about.

This, /pol/ is simply not worth the effort, rather read quality papers and journals.

>Talking to normies about politics
Literally Dreyfus affair tier autistic

>Do you browse /pol/?
I go there to laugh at idiots sometimes.

To the things I care about, yes. I also pay attention to the elections, this one more than others. Trump is hilarious in all the most tragic ways for the nation but in the most hilarious way for comedy.

>My eyes have been glued to both for years but I think this may be checking out time for me. It feels a lot like noise.
It usually is if you try to focus on everything. You should try to pay more attention to the issues that matter to you, less to the things that don't matter to you.

It is a good idea to try and understand how the POTUS will act and operate.

>Was mainstream media always so bad? I read that objectivity was only practised by newspapers due to monopolies.
There has always been bias in some way or another, but the bias now-a-days is more in selective reporting rather than warping the news itself. It is a good idea to try and hear all views of the political spectrum for the full story, but watch out for people on both the left and right who try to sell their opinions as facts.

Worst part was
>TPP thread last year
>decent political commentary
>Well Warren would not run for VP coz ...

>Current year
>LOL WARREN PLZ BE VP TO SINK THE CILNTION TICKET!!1! XDDD!

Pol was sold off to right wing media groups who feel the need to have an echo chamber online

Since when has fucking Pol ever had any real politics.

>Do you browse /pol/?
No, from what I hear and from their visits here they are busy jerking each other's tinfoil wee-wees. Nothing appealing in that.