/niohg/ - Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Used 1kat high stance

If only she got rid of that cock hat

benis

the actual previous thread

sounds like you're scared of women with cocks, user.

5th for best spirit

That's not cat

anything special ninetails can do?

Who isnt?

+ drops
+ fire damage
- armour on burn

pretty shitty talisman attack
no close combat damage bonuses whatsoever
burn debuff is nice but not really that viable on difficulties where it matters

Thats not Aya-Komori

occasionally nullifies elemental damage
Increases your drop rate for divines and ethereals (Which is improved even further if you have Itokuri on secondary)
Setting things on fire is a free weakness talisman
big fluffy tails

>Beat game
>Ignore NG+ and go for DLC
>Enemies are insanely tanky now and basically one shot me
Am I supposed to do some NG+ first before doing DLC? I've been shredding even bosses pretty easily up until now.

>play coop
>dodge most of the stuff almost perfectly
>play alone
>get hit by the most stupid shit possible
Why does this keep happening

>tfw to intelligent to be used by Kato shitters

No, trust me NG+ will stuff your shits like thankgivings turkey

I co-oped with someone with a Yatagarasu build that can 2 shot a WotN Namahage with his bow yesterday. Probably was using the Takemikazuchi bonus as well. Pretty cool seeing a ranged build wreck the entirety of Sanadamaru in minutes.

Just spent the last 2 minutes beating on 9 tails wotn as a visitor and finally as the host does the finisher im kicked out and given a defeat.

How the fuck do I farm the boomstick set? Sarutobi is kicking my ass on WotN

>just play for myself
>doing great, flashy combat without getting hit
>decide to record some gameplay for a friend
>suddenly brain damage

If I was on PC with mouse support that's exactly what I'd do.

I was playing with some guy that was doing like 20k a shot with rifle made me want to make a rifle build

Tomorrow there is a patch for mouse support we will see how bad/good it is.

I can see ranged builds are viable when cooping. But I doubt it when soloing, but I have been wrong before.

try equipping full set of git gud

Got this from the abyss and i feel like i have to make a lai build now.

yeah that's the good shit
get futsunushi on your 2nd weapon, both ranged weapons and hino enma kabuto and 4 piece sanada crimson

why are you only equipping small amounts of stuff

How the fuck do I get good when even his farts 1-shot me.

>stacked full owatatsumi grace with water talismans, water shots and geyser
>picked nurari and saiorse
>water damage still fucking sucks
what is even the point of the shitty non-abyss elemental graces

Blue-red cannon oni that paralyze on hit.

How did you get that sanada armor without the jacket?

i don't know, just keep fightning him until you know his moves well enough so that doesn't happen

How do i Date

farm his gear or the texts on wots, take them to the abyss and defile them

defile on floor 32 and leave on floor 35 for the easiest ride, they'll all come out at around 300 +38

It's not for the damage, inflicting water with Octograndpa blinds them and lowers their physical defense so you can just hit them at your own leisure whilst they flail about like an epileptic at a rave.

do it, you won't regret it

earth is probably the worst possible element but still an amazing drop

If you mean my armor, because i have -1 set requirements from my Yasakani Magatama so im using the best parts of 2 sets.

the jacket only appears if you use the matching legs for that exact set, and since there are 3 sets which are basically identical you can just swap the legs out or refashion them for a different piece

There's 3 sets, just wear/refashion the one you like the most and use one of the other pants, it'll remove the jacket. Works for every single armor piece that has a jacket. Mitsunari's is pretty good looking if you remove the jacket since it's blue and black, for example. Yataragasu is also quite good since it's minimalistic, almost like wearing a long sleeve shirt made of wraps.
With some reforging you could turn that into a 10/10 weapon, but I find Iai builds to be boring as hell.
Use Daiba-washi's talisman attack to drain his Ki and final blow / Iai chain spam his ass. He's a cheap fuck so he deserves the same.

just b urself :^)

I know what nurari is useful for but I'm saying I set that build up to see how high I could jack my water damage since he boosts water damage too and it was still fucking pitiful, I don't see the use in the elemental graces at all

>can't tell this little nigga to stop being a little bitch and just come down
god damned

Kusarigama Yokis are the real assholes in this game, they really tickle my bum.

I second this.

Them niggas

Good thing they're easy to block then

they're mostly fine if you block the overhead swing and dodge sideways afterwards, but they are easily the worst yokai mob
I'm not particularly fond of namahage either though

>Head is slightly to the right so straight on high attacks won't always break the horn.
>They can backflip and i-frame your attacks when you close in on them
>their combo is hard to dodge and drains all your Ki if you decide to block
They're unfair all around

>occasionally nullifies elemental damage
wait wait wait wait WAIT i thought 9 tails reduces elemental damage by a flat %

namahage are super easy if you have 1kat or odachi. i struggle with the kusa yoki more desu

1v1 with them isn't bad, they're super squishy and hitting their face knocks them down just like any other yoki

it's just that most of the time it's 3v1 with a yoki, some ninja gay ass faggot and one ranged dude spamming your ass

Thx God I have my trusty kunai
>pew pew pew

tfw it's super annoying to build up + levels on new equipment

busting their horns only gets you so far on higher difficulties, you've still got a good chunk of health bar to whittle down even after getting your free hits in
they're manageable but I still find it a chore to fight them

they added defiling for that sole reason

Are my stats on the right path for WotD? I pretty much skipped the first NG+ difficulty since I did the DLC in NG and it let me just do the epilogue of NG+ and go right to demon. Just finished first act of WotD and it doesn't seem so bad so far, I think, but enemies feel real spongey. My spear and sword are like 180 +12 I think and armor around the same.

Have full Tatenashi and 2 piece Master Swordsman (-1 set requirement accessory)

wait what the fuck, how do I get over there?
There's no jump in this game r-right?

i'm not taking about breaking the horns, though.

i'm talking about flowing shadow and moonlit snow.

Jfc it hurts my eyes to see your stats are all over the places

Do these often roll together or did i just get luckin futty? I've seen the top one a few times but the second seems ridiculously good.

Where? Are you the Kodama user? Post a non close up screen shot and I'll tell you how
If I defile an item that's +38 does it go even higher or does it do nothing?

How do I make a build that revolves around heavy armor and heavy weapons fun

It's that bad?

I have spirit there so I can swap around guardians, skill and strength kept increasing my damage for both weapons quite a bit, so I was alternating those, and I have a lot in stam cause heavy armor todo and stam scaling A+ on both of my weapons

spin 2 win axe

Wait, texts still drop on wots?

Is getting Okatsu skin the goal of the game?

Anybody wanna play with me in WotN Twilight Isle of Demons in Yokai Realm? PC

>If I defile an item that's +38 does it go even higher or does it do nothing?
it depends on which floor you leave on after defiling, the higher you go the higher the level and plus value can be

yes indeed, and difficulty doesn't influence drop chance either

Good to hear, thanks

yes but I was talking about something else

You should only focus on body and on the stat your weapon scale with. And judgeing by the picture, why are you spending point on stam and not heart?

See that ledge on the left of your bow icon? You're supposed to fall from there into the chest

Terrible advice

Your stats are fine but I would maybe raise dex to 20 for the dojo missions and useful ninjutsu skills

No I mean you are only equipping 2 sloth talismans and stuff, you know you can equip more, right?

god damned I'm too used to falling straight down

My main weapon is an odachi, and I tend to wear medium armor.

I don't really have a set secondary weapon as of yet, but I'm really warming up to tonfa.

I'm using the elk guardian spirit, and my stats are 15/15/15/20/15/15/15/30.

I've just beaten the crow guy, and I'm wondering what my next move, stat/equipment/spirit-wise should be.

I did the odachi mastery dojo mission, and I'm using the genius strategist's set (minus the sword) for now.

Finally beaten Bloodshed's End last main mission.
Did I do good?

Okatsu must be the best fucking ninja ever, because I never saw her in the DLCs.

What does turning the Dragon Sword in the True Dragon Sword even do?

It dragons more

Now get to WotN and realize you need to git gud
20% more damage for it and the Kusa and a pimpin' Samuel L Jackson purple glow

now do it without yukimura's help

Keep playing the game

How the fuck do these retards make it to WotN without being able to handle even the easiest human bosses

Now imagine if the Kusarigama Yoki had cannons too.

Is it just me or are some Raven Tengu significantly harder in terms of how fast they react and which moves they use (how often)?

There's still a long way until I get to WotN.
Yukimura was barely helpful during that fight, I was taking all the aggro and doing all the damage. Can you fight Nine Tails without him?

I only wanted some recognition :c

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud you beat it, but the real game begins now, the difficulty spikes a lot after WotS and it becomes fun again to build up your character and get better gear so you can survive and kill stuff consistently.

>Can you fight Nine Tails without him?
Check the side missions

>comes down several meters behind me
>die
wat
This confused me and I doubt her Twilight version is much different in terms of range.

>2 years to pursue Kelley to Japan
>Another 2 years to return to England to defeat John Dee
>A further 2 years to go back to Japan to help his buddy Hanzo

6 years is a lot of time to spend travelling.

>get to wotd
>shit grunt bandits that can barely swing a sword deal 3/4 of my health in damage

wew, I was hoping the difficulty curve would make sense going into NG++

It has very few active frames but a humongous hitbox. You were probably just iframing it in the normal version.

>Get summon from a guy in full warrior of the west for hino-enma, bows and sprints off to the pit no pause for buffing
>Nearly dies in the 5 seconds before i 1 shot her, then facepalms and instantly leaves
I mean seriously what the fuck did he expect.
I'm decked out in endgame looking gear, send me back if you don't want me to trivialize the fight.

Do I have to have Aya Komori as my main guardian spirit to get the bonus from Kingo's set?

Yes, but those guardian spirit set bonuses are almost never worth going out of your way for.

it's... the end of the 16th century
you do realize that trains would not exist yet for almost two hundred years

do you even understand how hard the seafaring was those days

because nerds like you carry them

SHOCKWAVES
I'm on Season 2 of Sengoku Basara and I love how smug Danjo is