/palg/ - Paladins General

shitefags not welcome btw

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB63)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?62008-Open-Beta-63-Patch-Notes-November-15

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=a8zkWCiKcbM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

>Paladins VIP
paladins.com/vip/

>Reveal Trailer (Vivian):
youtube.com/watch?v=QzTHIF-IPuA

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>PTS Bug Reporting (OB63):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?61992-OB63-PTS-Bug-Reporting-thread

>OP Template
pastebin.com/zYHWhTLY

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SuperBadJuJu/status/935635576899952644
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/2/22/Seris_Skin01_SP_Weapon_1.ogg
twitch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hahaa who's ready for the next Hi-rez game since they are killing this one off?

Be careful! I bite back!

Legendary cards DO have levels but it's less dupes per level compared to normal cards.
From this picture
>1 dupe to lvl 2
>2 to lvl 3
And from there it depends how crazy Hi Rez is, probably 4 to lvl 3, 6 to lvl 4 and 10 to lvl 5. Pretty crazy numbers no matter what.

Fuck this shit game and shit low-rez!

WHERE CAN I SEE PATCH NOTES

I'm glad terminus died before he got to see what happened to his game

BRING

BACK

AGGRESSION

It doesn't matter if it's less dupes than other cards because they're significantly rarer than other cards too.

>hey guys! every champ gets ONE (1) more legendary card!
>video shows BK has 5
uuhh Martini?

>chain reaction lv 5
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Name a single company better at slayimg their own game than Hi-Rez

Where did you get this? In this image it says 4 dupes to lvl 4, not 12

Super cute wall running melee flanker when?

It's literally on the OB64 Patch Notes thread in the subreddit. The game is fucking dead.

4 dupes for epic cards
12 is for common cards
can't you read?

Can't wait for most cards to be useless at level 3(The level everything is locked to in ranked), and completely broken at level 5.

Those are epic cards, idiot

>hirez tries to say it's not p2w by removing crystal costs for chests
>You can still buy keys

This is it. This is the patch that kills Paladins.

I hope this change doesn't leave PTS.

Despite what you people here say Paladins is a really fun game and i really enjoy it, but this is the first change that i actually really hate because some times you will literally lose because you had worse cards. The cards before could be used to just change the way you play a champion, but the new system means that there is literally the best build.

well now that this game is dead the only reason I have to play is to grind for my wife's angelic and demonic skins i guess.

Yeah I hope this shit gets slapped down harder than gold chests

>>hirez tries to say it's not p2w by removing crystal costs for chests
Removing crystal costs for chests for one patch!*
>Therefore, upon the initial release of Cards Unbound, there will be no way to directly purchase Radiant Chests or Champion Card Chests with Crystals; they may only be unlocked via Gold or playing the game. We expect to allow Crystal purchases of those same Card Chests in OB65, but we may delay this.
Right at the end of their post about this update

Fuck, that's a lot of dupes.

They already ditched the wrecker changes.

I'd say it was a process. OB 62 was the first hit with the class keys. Then it was OB63 with the stingy broken daily quest system. And OB64 was the final blow with this grind like a motherfucker to win new cards system.

>posting the ugly Catalyst version

>You need to get 42 fucking duplicates of a single fucking common card of a single fucking champion to level it up from 1 to 5.

>This becomes a Skye skin
>Her 4th ult is running on walls

>Champion Chests will come from Mastery of that specific Champion, and as First Win of the Day rewards with that Champion.
>We will not be giving chests for previous Mastery levels
I hope you guys haven't been playing the champions you like, would be a real shame if you missed out on leveling their cards ;)

>this is somehow better
to each their own I guess?

You can always buy radiant chests I guess

guys
what if the real plan is to get everyone to play ranked?

>No direct upgrade purchases, you gain them through playing and earning duplicates in chests like everyone else.
CAN'T SPEND YOUR GOLD TO LEVEL UP A CARD >No direct upgrade purchases, you gain them through playing and earning duplicates in chests like everyone else.
CAN'T SPEND YOUR GOLD TO LEVEL UP A CARD >No direct upgrade purchases, you gain them through playing and earning duplicates in chests like everyone else.
CAN'T SPEND YOUR GOLD TO LEVEL UP A CARD

nothing a few sheckels sooner or later wont fix

>already 25 with the only champion I have ever played or ever will play
well fuck

>tfw most champions at least level 10

Then they fucked up by making the ranked system have a really gimped version of card customization

Then you already own more then what you'd get out of them anyway.

>He's a one trick pony
you're a fag anyway

Name a single person not named Martini who likes this change.

>killing Nando with like 2 stickies

reminds me of the old crafting system. Am I the only one remembering it? I thought it was fun and it kept me playing.

I guess

Time to spam reddit to remove this bs.

Wasn't it universally hated on?

press s to spit on martini

>Not the edited mattress one

i liked and miss it. if you combine it with the old cards and the new deck it would be perfect.

Well i remember fucking hating it and this is even worse than that.

I don't understand the P2W claims. Play competitive. Casual is just a retarded time waster mode now.
Also, Vivian will be enabled in comp, fuck

either version is best girl though, can we at least agree on that?

>let add rng to the old system what can go wrong lol

1) I don't want to play competitive all the time.
2) Competitive is worse now because all the cards are locked at 3.
3) This game is now actually two games because they have to balance every card for level 3 and level 5.

How the hell is Talus's "increase/decrease duration of rune of travel" going to work now

lol

Lost in my Veeky Forums folder
Vivian is dead, you won't see a single one in comp
Yes, qt parkour asian girl is my jam

Just like before?

>nobody needs to train up for ranked.
This attitude is what will ultimately kill the game. Not the shitty card grind or the (still) broken quest system.

he's right though

if you're shit you'll get placed against other bronze shitters. That's just how it is.

No problem palabronies
reddit is the superman of gaming and he will not let this happen

This would work if we had an actual matchmaking, not this pile of trash that puts unrankeds with masters. But we don't, so please, just end me.

Jesus, to think that for once I would be rooting for reddit.

That is possibly the most retarded thing they said.

She's good in Dota 2.

Reddit doesn't want a loli champ.

We have a bigger problem at the moment than a lack of loli champs

speaking of lolis, someone better post that maid talus again.

thread ain't complete without it

It's weird how they talk about how much the card system adds to the game, then turn right around and say it's not a big deal by going on about the levels of cards not meaning much

With all these dumb changes I'm starting to feel like the only reason to keep playing is for her.
I love her too much to abandon it, and I truly do hope the game could improve instead of going down this spiral of awfulness that's been happening as of late.
That said, love still overcomes all and she will forever be my special princess no matter what.

Wow, I might switch to reddit if this continue.

>the one day I can sit down and do my dailies
>lol fuck you

He isn't wrong, its just people put value on the boarder.

Most diamonds are complete casuals.

wtf is jew-rez doing

had this yesterday it didn't reset when the timer was done either

Did patch say anything about the emotes and skins that are gone from VIP?

twitter.com/SuperBadJuJu/status/935635576899952644
;)

The reason matchmaking is often shit is because there isn't enough people playing. Saying that bronze players shouldn't play ranked (as long as they're actually trying) is retarded.

Let's say you take 100 god-tier 5k Guru elo players of various skill levels. They are the only ones playing ranked. They all play 10 000 games or something. What will happen is that 50% of them will end up in bronze and silver, even if they're god-tier players in casual, because nobody else is playing ranked.

A healthy ranked system needs shitters and average joes to accurately depict how they are in the grand community.

Did I miss patch stream? VOD where?

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/2/22/Seris_Skin01_SP_Weapon_1.ogg

>Hi-Rez already can't handle balancing console and pc separately
>Now they have to balance casual and ranked separately too

You don't want to watch it, trust me.

fuck comp.I play casual because im not great and dont want to be the cause of people losing ranks because of my shittiness.I also dont wanna play full retard mode so going to keep a close eye on this but dont see great things in the future at this rate

What happens to the essence that we have after the patch?

>Don't keep up to date with the game on at least a 3 day basis
>Still complain about shit that's been adressed a billion times already
the fucking worst

the art team did a great job

Converted to gold

twitch tv/
videos/205296014

I was referring to the fact that he said you don't need to practice for ranked. Ranked SHOULD be the tryhard place, where you go to give it your all.

Holt_ is the best waifu.

>"We're going to get rid of essence and just unlock all the cards for everybody right from the start because four currencies was too much, and all the essence you have now will be converted to coins"
>Oh shit I love you Hi-Rez finally you guys are starting to understand
>"BTW now in Ranked cards are all locked at 3 points, and cards now level up with dupes up to level 5 in Casual and you can't buy the cards so cards themselves have become another currency/grind"

Speculation: it seems like chain reaction will either be +24/27/30/33/36%, OR +24/30/36/42/48%

If it's latter, I really hope you're ready for Bomb King chunking you for 2232 damage with two stickies.

The real issue is that you now have LESS customization.

A lot of pros differed on a few points, although they'd pick mostly the same cards. Now it's far more likely pros will just pick the same cards.

>Inner Strength [Rune of Travel] Rune of Travel now resets the Cooldown of Overcharge and Blitz Upper when it activates and grants you 10/15/20/25/30% damage reduction for 4s.

kinda cool

at least vivian is fine now
right?

where can you see the new cards?

Don't be sad.

They'll be posting it later, probably.

Her 'kit' is still uninspired and boring garbage, and now she's probably also useless. Idk if it's fine.

i think he fucked up his wording and meant grind

>all Cards and Legendary Cards you currently own will be automatically set to level 3.
Best buy some cards now with your remaining essence