/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

Comfy edition

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/BZsXJB9T

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nisetanaka.tumblr.com/post/167966562110/whoever-donated-to-me-before-i-quit-modding-feel
patreon.com/posts/vindictus-border-15605022
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81600/
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9247/
forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6140428-skse64-fix/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Give me good house recommendations please, the ones on the OP site look terrible. I like medium-sized Castles and/or Manors and Mansions. Needs to have displays for unique items and plenty of storage, I don't care about rooms for children. I'm not too iffy about location, but preferably around the middle of the province/near Whiterun would be ideal.

Also as an example I adore things like Whiterun Mansion which I'm currently using but would like some other options.

Did anyone leak this yet nisetanaka.tumblr.com/post/167966562110/whoever-donated-to-me-before-i-quit-modding-feel ?

He's only giving it to people who donated to him in the past, the shekel-grubbing gook.

Grab patreon.com/posts/vindictus-border-15605022 before Nexon fucks them in the ass with a C&D like they did to NINI. Wouldn't be the first time Team TAL got fucked by a C&D.

Niko does

>Make money by ripping asset.
They literally asking to get raped by lawyers.

No he didn't.

He hasn't leaked it but he has it

Yeah probably but he's not here.

>Racemenu getting slowly updated on SE
Come on little lemmings. The time is coming.

Is there a mod that lets you actually channel spells/staves in your left hand without handicapping your ability to attack with weapons? There is zero point to spellblade synergy when your attack speed is halved and your ability to move is arbitrarily taken away if you try to do both simultaneously.

what a fucking retarded shitter
why would you not leak that?

So it's going to be a niko haters' thread then?

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81600/

No user, just ignore the retard.

no obligation, he did "pay" for it

Jesus fucking christ your tears.

niko....

Not exactly what I'm talking about. Apocalypse has spells like Strength of Earth which explicitly boost your damage while being channeled in the other hand, as Ordinator has some perks for channeling staves, but doing so is completely self-defeating because the game handicaps melee while casting or channeling. Spellsword doesn't have any channel support whatsoever, it just attaches spells to your attack or block animation (which come with their own restrictions when dual wielding)

When cleaning mods, why do I have to load in each file in TES5Edit one at a time? Can I not just put in my entire load order, select all, then apply the filters for cleaning?

you have to do it one at a time

But why. I'm not complaining, I just don't understand.

Post altmer women.

it may clean each files differently, it's a bug that was never fixed with tes5edit

You posted a man, so you first.

Also
>filthy, dumb, yellow knife-eared scum
>16850x1050
>nomods
lol

Ah I see, thanks.

Who was that guy who had the loli waifu character but was disgraced when he accidentally posted a screenshot of his character fucking a dog? I haven't been here in years but this popped into my head at work and now I need to know.

>which come with their own restrictions when dual wielding
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9247/

Miel, someone before my time

Is there any light pc head tracking mod? PC Headtracking adds all that voice stuff that I dont really want and Player Headtracking seems to be very script heavy.

I hope your having fun on your adventures today /tesg/! I'm unable to reinstall Skyrim on PC atm, but my adventures through Skyrim VR as always are entertaining me. Just made it to Ivarstead after like 2 hours of exploring the world. I'm playing with Hud off, so the only way I know where to go is to use signposts and a IRL notebook with sketches.

That's rough, I think that was before my time too. We all got kinks though, so I'm not gonna judge.

Dual parry lets you block while dual wielding, it doesn't let you block while attacking while dual wielding.

That's probably why Ordinator has perks to reduce damage while power attacking with a two-handed weapon. Not sure if it has them for dual wielding though.
Blame Bethesda for these engine restrictions.

Proto slutmer. I'll finish her one day maybe.

I imagine that's fine for city to city, but no hud sounds like it's gonna suck for quests.
Unless that's what you want, I guess.

Are you actually kidding me with this shit? Lmao

I also keep a notebook to keep myself up to date. I use what the NPC tells me to figure out what to do, If they are EXTREMELY vague, I'll open the menu.

Bringing up the inability to block while attacking made me realize that it might actually be intentional balance. One-handers in TES are pretty much designed to be completely viable main battle weapons to begin with, so adding the ability to cast while maintaining full main-hand DPS would probably be too strong. Not like dual wielding gives you the full benefit of two main-hand weapons after all.

I refuse to believe the inability to block while dual wielding was anything but shitty design though.

>tfw recolored breton with el ears

Muhammad pls

Dual wielding is edgy unrealistic shite anyway, I either sword'n'board or two-hand. S'why I don't use DSR or Dual Wield Parrying.

so it say i have the SSE 1.5.23.0 version and my SKSE is not working anyone else have the same problem? what can we do, just wait for new SKSE?

>what can we do, just wait for new SKSE?

Pretty much

>unrealistic shite
Actually it was done in the past but usually with daggers in the off hand and a regular arming sword in the main. And yes they were mostly used for parrying.

However Italians were also fond of dual wielding actual broadswords in the Renaissance.

OOO or FCOM?

Dual wield parrying is must-have because not being able to block just because a spell is ready in your off hand is retarded. Spell swapping is instantaneous anyway so it's just a source of tedium.

OOO+ OOO Xtended + MOO
FCOM is a giant pile of shit, don't ever use it.

The worst thing about Oblivion was Oblivion itself. The fire, gore, and brimstone shit was cliche AF. Is it supposed to be like that in the lore?

It is for Mehrunes.

Oblivion is to Oblivion what Draugr are to Skyrim.

shit man, i just finished modding with 50+mods (took me 3 days for research, installation etc with completely deleting and installing everything including the game 3 times. made it work this mornin, decide to install 2 more mods and after i got the error i thought the last mod i installed caused the problem, uninstalled it, happened again, completely deleted all mods and the game and installed the game again with skyui and SKSE just to find out mods were innocent. #painisreal

Definitely for Dagon. Not so much for Peryite or Boethiah, Beth was just lazy with their realms.

That's cool.

>tfw you found your extremely comfy assortment of gameplay mods but something is causing periodic crashes

That's how Mehrunes' Deadlands look, yes. Just look at the -very expansion- to Oblivion where you visit some other Prince's realm and it oscillates between saccharine sunshine forests and deary swamps. And in Skyrim you get to see yet another Prince's realm close up and it's all kinds of vaguely lovecraftian with tentacles and fishmen and secret knowledge not meant for man, etc.

The Oblivion gates in the main quest lead to the Deadlands, which is indeed like that.
The Shivering Isles are part of Oblivion, as well. Same with the Soul Cairn in Skyrim and Evergloam and Coldharbour in ESO

Oh shit, I thought Oblivion was what Dagon's realm was called, forgot all the Princes has an Oblvion plane.

And Coldharbour in ESO.

Well this didn't really work out.

She doesn't seem to mind the beating.

You can do it gerudo-chan.

She looks like she already got beat with the chromosome stick

Is there a general rule for what the order of installation should be for mods? Gameplay mods, and then Quests? Armor and then Textures? Or does the installation order not matter, and everything is sorted in load order?

Is that what they call Molag's dick these days?

Installation order is more important for Oblivion. If something is installed in the 'wrong' order for Skyrim, MO allows you to set the priority number for the conflicting mods to higher/lower numbers that mimics installing it in the opposite order. Load order is determined by LOOT and not what order you install in.

Are you using MO?

>that face
I love Vicn's waifus.

I know that feel. Always good when you finally figure out what it is.

heh

She need to be taller.

Any skyrim mods that let you make enemies tankier but not stronger? As is they kill me very fast but also die way too fast to have any fun at all.

Use SkyTweak to change the damage dealt and damage taken on various difficulties. I prefer 3.5x damage dealt and taken on Legendary, so I kill enemies fast but they can do the same to me if I'm not careful.

>tfw you also visit Coldharbour (supposedly) in Oblivion
>exactly the same as Deadlands
>visit the Myriad Realms of Revelry in Skyrim
>a fucking table with copy/pasted NPCs
Fucking Bethesda man.

I blame consoles.

This did break the quest though. Not only did the radiant "go beat this npc up" quest take me to a locked area I wasn't supposed to be able to enter (which I then did anyway with the console), the character ceases to exist the moment the Vigilant quest makes her a vampire, which as we all know makes her a different race and therefore a different npc. So while I sequence-broke the Vigilant quest and liberated Lamae the radiant quest now points nowhere.

Fixed that since then, shes about a foot taller than most.

Yep but it's still a combination of laziness, ineptitude, outdated engine and piece of shit consoles.

Sanguine has been shown as the one prince who cares the least about daedric prince things. He mostly meddles in the realm of mortals, I think it makes sense that his realm (or at least a part of it) would be a little party for some spectacularly lucky or spectacularly drunk mortals.

Yeah but it wasn't a "party". It was just a table of mute copy/pasted NPCs in a really small and quickly generated cell. It was almost as sad as the Burning of King Olaf "festival" for the Bards' college. Just 4 NPCs standing and clapping while some really lame firework effects pop out.

I dunno, Oblivion came across as goofy, uncanny valley mess but it was still charming in comparison to Skyrim that just looks soulless and dead.

>Just 4 NPCs standing and clapping while some really lame firework effects pop out.
Yeah Skyrim isn't great at cutscenes like that. It's really pathetic when there's some serious shit supposedly going on yet all you see is four or five NPCs simply standing there vomiting their dull speech lines.

Was Morrowind also designed for the console? A TES with only the PC in mind would be a magnificent thing. I think I see what you're saying, it's more obvious in the technology they used that corners were cut?

>Was Morrowind also designed for the console?
No. An Xbox port came later and consolekiddies complained about it. Most of them dropped it.

Then Oblivion came out with controllers in mind. Fast travelling, map markers, simplified UI, simplified combat, less reading etc. etc.

I've been using my imagination to play the next elder scrolls game. It's okay, needs mod support.

>tfw meanwhile in ESO
>Coldharbour is it's own unique zone
>briefly visit a place that is said to be between Merida's Colored Rooms and Bal's Coldharbour
>Mehrunes' Deadlands are the site of the lion's share of a dungeon
>you briefly visit Hircine's Hunting grounds as part of becoming a werewolf
>one of the public dungeons takes place in either Nocturnal's realm or a pocket-realm filled with Nocturnal-aligned daedra
>Cradle of Shadows dungeon is implied to dip into Mephala's realm
>the solo-arena is a series of pocket realms crafted by a daedric "demi-prince" who accidentally lost fragments of himself in creating each visually and mechanically distinct realm
>this game was designed with consoles in mind from the get-go

I think the issue is more Bethesda's top level management more than anything. ZOS is largely carved out of Bethesda's own staff (it's head is an ex Oblivion dev) but they seem to handle the esoteric aspects and places so much better than Bethesda proper does.

So hey, blame Todd some more or something.

So am I the only one who hates the Nexus redesign?

No I fucking despise it too.

To be fair user they also have more time to develop ESO and its expansions. The meme date of Skyrim made them cut a lot of things out.

Why are there no lewd recommendations for the guide?
Shouldn't you at least include them in the fun mods section?
I want to know what the best body mods are and stuff like that.

You certainly are not.

Read the /teslg/ OP

>have format that pleases everyone for like a decade
>fuck it we web 2.0 now

Which board?

ayyy just found the solution for the "new update problem with SKSE" so just leavin this here for amateurs like me
first you should disable auto update for skyrim se in steam and only play in offline mode to evade future patch fuckups
you gotta install the older patch

forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6140428-skse64-fix/

just check the recent replies for 1.5.16 numbers
and you're set

>The meme date of Skyrim made them cut a lot of things out.
Except it didn't and going by the artbook it's more they're lazy shits that knew they weren't going to get their dick sucked so did the bare minimum.

>2017
>People still use the "T-they totally want to make the best game ever but duh ebul publishers and suits just want mo money for dey yachts and shiet" excuse
Come the fuck on already. they've been like this for decades now.

Is it normal or a bug that NPCs in Skyrim get really bad at detecting stealth after loading a couple times during the same gaming session.

It has been driving me nuts for the last couple of days. Stealth detection works fine for a while after booting Skyrim, but loading a few times makes enemies virtually blind. Using Ordinator + Realistic AI, but disabling/enabling them has the same issues, works for a while only for loading to bug it out again. Anyone ever had similar issues? LOOT doesn't find anything wrong with my mods.

...yes i agree, they've been controlled by evil publishers and suits that just want more money.
I hope you get that stoke checked out, wouldn't want you to lose both those brain cells.

lovely thanks