/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Gondola of Eyes edition

Sat in his chair so long it's a part of him biologically >New players read this then unplug your modem and finish the story mode offline:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>/bbg/'s resources, builds & mechanics guide:
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ

>DLC access:
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html

>Build planner:
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne

>AR calculations:
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-Guide to unlock FRC chalices for spelunks & fight clubs: i.imgur.com/KgVUkyd.jpg
-Gem farming, lost/uncanny weapons, and runes spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-2nd gem farming spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-SFRCs & FDs: i.imgur.com/yRxbVsN.png (open this image if you want early wheel, chikage, and burial blade)

>PVE & PVP - Spelunking/sinister chalices:
-Spelunks happen. Join em. Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders.
-Sinister chalice race on Friday at 6pmET/11pmUTC (if enough show, spelunks otherwise)
-Race rules & signup: docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/E8zcBcQ.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw
twitter.com/SanadskYoutube/status/936023468403052544
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FIRST

PURGE FILTH

just got home
fc still going strong?
is some spelunking going on?

I was thinking of a Str/Blt that deals mostly with using the larger guns. 50 Str, 13 Skl, get Blt to whatever? I'm not entirely sure I want to use the Bloodletter.

>Its a saw
It's not though

>Wanted to do Whirly/Beast Cutter
>Today's FC vs Faye and Escanor
>Want to do Whirly/Kirkhammer now
>Kirkhammer doesn't fit that well with the Butcher chestpiece I was going to use
Fuck. Back to spending literal hours looking at armor combinations.

16 BLT for the Church Cannon. It only consumes 10 bullets, so you can fire it up to 4 times.

I am not doing this on purpose, even if I removed the badge I would still be blood drunk.

the main reason for doing a str blt is for the powerhouse that is the church cannon, i'd recommend a 27/50 but i think you could trim down the blt a bit to have something like 37/40 and still do a solid amount of damage

Forbidden woods lamp next. Pass still bbg

Guns only scale with Blt, so if you're gonna focus on them you'll want minimum Str and 50 Blt. That's also the best way to use Letter, but you'll be limited with weapons unless you don't mind using Str weapons with 28 or so Str only. If you do want to use Str weapons then just get minimum Blt, Cannon and Gatling Gun don't need any while Church Cannon requires 16 Blt minimum. Letter won't be useful though.

I
It is though.

me and keeper have been going at it, dont know if anybody else is here

Not only that, but it's pretty fun to use unzipped, it has good hyper armor attacks and roll catches and the zip attack is godly. Most people just spam zipped r1s, but you can give your own personal touch to the weapon by using the full moveset, which is actually not a meme, it's quite effective.

Does it do extra damage to beasts?

where?

Guess I could just die to you a bunch to remove the blood addled status if thats even how it works. Not being much of a helper I am afraid, sorry Danath.

pthu

I figured the Church Cannon would be the centerpiece of the arrangement. Should I mostly be investing in weapons that stay one-handed in both modes? A Boom Hammer and Cannon sounds full Keg.
I'm not too concerned about using the Letter or not. I'll have enough Blt that I can at least try the moveset and see if I want to go all the way.

Is it especially laggy on your end btw? It's manageable on mine.

I left, even though I would have liked more tries at Faye, needed to walk my dog and now I have to go grocery shopping.

Room for one more

>unzip
That's the chikage L1

Is it good for a SKL build?

No but it has a copypasted untricked saw moveset, which is the strongest part of its entire moveset. If you think that cuttah or pick is a saw, reevaluate your life choices.

yes
one of the best weapons in the game

Do Eye runes help for getting better drops?

probably

just about every match has been laggy for me, some moreso than others.

I though abyssals only dropped on L3? Or is it L3 bosses?

>get home
>fc ded
fukc, anyone feels like spelunking?

I do.

Shame, I'll see what I can do about it.

>REMINDER
Sinister chalice race

>WHEN
Dec 1 at 11pm UTC, which is
-3pm in Los Angeles & Vancouver
-6pm in NYC
-11pm in London
-10am on Dec 2 in Sydney & Melbourne

>WHO?
-The League vs Executioners

>WHY?
Vile louts need to be routed

>WHERE?
-2v8c6uzk

>WHAT???????
docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw

>Additionally:
-rules have changed somewhat to encourage more invasions.
-an user volunteered to host cones but can only do it if we move the whole thing 4 hours earlier so reply if that works for you
-if you want to host for X covenant and have 2 people who want to fight with ya then we can have a 3-way race

what chalice? any preferred depths?

>No but it has a copypasted untricked saw moveset
Didn't know Cleaver and Spear launched you foward

>If you think that cuttah or pick is a saw, reevaluate your life choices.
They are though

yeah the last two matches have been pretty bad in terms of lag, I can host an Isz. good fights everyone, just wish the latency wasn't so bad.

Just set up the savestate outside HBLB. Ringing now.

It makes items drop more frequently. Doesn't work for gems from bosses because they always drop one.
Whatever you want.

Assuming the untricked movesets are enough to make them saws- which I don't think they are- Pick is not a saw because it's twohanded when it's tricked, and Cuttah isn't a saw because it's a whip when it's tricked.

That said, Saif def not a saw either. Similar for sure, but not a saw.

let's go with then, so we are three

nevermind, I don't have the mats and they aren't unlocked in the shop yet.. so somebody else will have to host

Sorry albatross. I'll be back soon to try again

i will host a frc isz then if everyone's fine with it

Sure.

Just got another great gem.
>+65 str
>+10.4 atk up
>increase stamina 3.4.

How are you doing for gems Ygorl? I only need one more.

FRC isz then

Glyph is j6g6igr9
pass is bread

ringing at layer 1

>Assuming the untricked movesets are enough to make them saws- which I don't think they are- Pick is not a saw because it's twohanded when it's tricked
Irrelevant, it's a saw.

>and Cuttah isn't a saw because it's a whip when it's tricked.
Good to know that the cane, a weapon with serration on it's tricked mode, is not a saw.

>That said, Saif def not a saw either.
Yes, I know. It's what I said.

Quickest way go get a bastard of loran? Need 1 more to be able to make an FRC

Shit out of luck, the only abyssal I got was a charge attack with atk down, while I want an one foes one.
Do I ring again at L1?

Buy them

buy them with insight in ng+ or remake lower loran and grab the 2 from l2.

I was using the same term for trick and untrick.

Glyph for Lower Loran story chalice is irhi

>polearm
>doesn't even look serrated
>its a saw
DHORKHORK DORK DHURR

Did I get cucked?

Yes, Miyazaki is a genius.

Yes just give me a minute.

there's no one here yet

So are you saying that if it's serrated, it's automatically a saw? That seems needlessly reductive and just flat-out wrong to me. The movesets are what matter. That's like saying every weapon with the righteous bonus is whatever other arbitrary weapon you decide to compare it to. Am I being baited right now?

I've been ringing for a while now.

I've been ringing the past couple of minutes at the lamp

Back at forbidden woods lamp, pass bbg

>inb4 the host messed up the password by a single character

Not the same user, but serration bonus doesn't mean they are Saws. The Saw Cleaver and Saw Spear are, but I suspect Pick has beast bonus because it's mimicking a folkloric anti beast stake like the description says, and the game governs this through serration, there's no point in calling it differently for just one weapon. But then again, we're only talking semantics.

>Whirly Saw
>only has serration bonus when tricked
>polearm
>DHORKHORK DORK DHURR

>That's like saying every weapon with the righteous bonus is whatever other arbitrary weapon you decide to compare it to.
That's what you are doing when comparing the Cleaver and Spear with the Saif, they share the same moveset and phantom range but to say that they are all saws because of that is ridiculous. It's like saying that the Pick can parry and shoot because it shares moves with the Rifle Spear.

is anybody else experiencing some horrendous lag?

Isn't the saif basically a proto-spear?
It even says that in the description I think

>Isn't the saif basically a proto-spear?
What are you on, lad?

The Beasthunter Saif has a 100% different moveset than Saw Cleaver/Spear. They don't share a single move as far as I'm aware.

Yes.

Pls help

>has saw in its name
>clearly serrated
AHORK HORK GHLUBB
>implying an ability to parry and shoot can be equated to some measly damage bonus against beasts.
GHLOOBUBBU

I meant proto-saw weapon, rip

Layer 1 report
--
>laggy cuck
>another laggy cuck in pre-boss
>shitty flat gem in pre-boss' chest
>jew shop
>oinky binky boss, oinked a cooperator and almost oinked me as well with one of those point blank charges, but then got made into preserved meat
Onto layer 2, no spots open

This one is a fair point.

It's what said.

Are you okay?

Someone get in here ffs

Quick question.
If invaded in an FRC, does the invader have the same health as the host?

No worries, lad

the cucks in this dungeon are crazy

Yeah, IIRC you dont need to cut your health, but I could be wrong. Also fuck me I got a fucking heavy OoS before a second abyssal, JUST.

Is it worth it taking Blt to 18 just for using the Whistle, or would the returns not justify it?

twitter.com/SanadskYoutube/status/936023468403052544
He's doing it again, make him stop :^( !!

>Beasthunter Saif
>has no saw in its name
>clearly not serrated

>implying an ability to parry and shoot can be equated to some measly damage bonus against beasts.
Never said or implied that. Merely demonstrated how you're lumping together two differrent things by some flawed logic.

Why can Layer 2 Pthu Elders drop abyssals but a Layer 1 loran hblb cant?

Whistle is never worth it unless you want to be flashy on a Blt build. Your damage would be too low at base.
I'm pretty sure it's the same HP, yes.

I got an okay gem but id prefer a better one, shall we keep going?

Layer 2 report
--
>wisdom in pre-lamp
> the room behind the boulder contained only a saw tryhard and a laggy cuck
>yet another laggy cuck, this one accepted his fate or more likely got stuck in the carriage and stood still until his death
>whoopty doo another cuck, this one was stangely normal
> a single DUDE in a dark room doing some eldritch shit probably
> 1 (ONE) bastard of isz as pre-boss treasure
>watchers as boss, no casualties
onto layer 3

What's the best gem setup for Kirkhammer if I want to use both modes? One abyssal and two 27%s, or two abyssals?

General rule of thumb: If it's already a strength weapon, it only needs one abyssal. If it's a skill weapon, you usually want two.

Eh, I'd rather quit I guess, already 3 am here. Was not fruitful, but was fun with duels n all, thanks for hosting, my dude.

I wish we had Hellkite back, he was so much better than this faggot.

Most Skl weapons will want just one actually, Pure Skill weapons are the ones that usually will want two if you get +15 Phys with both

Who is he and what is he doing?

Didn't hellkite only do das2 shit before he lost his crap and deleted everything?

I'm too underleveled to beat Shadows. Waiting at lamp with password bbg

Hellkite did the DaS1 cutscenes and stuff