/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Comfy Nomad Edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds! (penises)
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

[30 jun 2017] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download.
> imgur.com/a/NeywO

[14 may 2017] GoG update is finished
> mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

[02 jan 2017] Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, [YouTube] Silent Charset update.

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
> public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

Modding Tools & documentation
> mcforge.readthedocs.io
Curse downloader
> github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
Explaination of how do stuff for newfags
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
> serblist.com
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

Ideas & Inspiration
> mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
> elworrier.imgur.com/
> imgur.com/a/JPif9

Castlefag's map
> mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/9f6dp3fi1e3ic3u/Comfy Serb 1.0.zip?dl=0
planetminecraft.com/project/le-monde---a-16k-blocks-wide-gigantic-survival-world-map-18-ready/
curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/adobe-blocks-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What else should i add?

Adventure Bags
AutoRegLib
Baubles
Bibliocraft
Bloodmoon
Botania
Buildcraft
Chameleon
Chisel
Chisel and Bits
CreativeCore
CTM
Decocraft
Foamfix
Immersive Engineering
lvToolkit
JEI
MalisisDoors
Mantle
Quark
RecurrentComplex
RoguelikeDungeons
Roots
StorageDrawers
Tinkers Construct
TreeCapitator
WinterWonderLand
XaerosWorldMap

inb4 memeversion
I played on 1.7.10 for almost 2 years and I want to give 1.12.2 a chance

SCULPTURES

>tfw you really want to play minecraft during christmas but dont want to start new world when thaumcraf comes to memeversion
what should i do

>want to move liquid from machine 1 to tank
>have to place that fuckugly engine from BC
fuck

>WORLD PAINTER
>SCULPTURES
What even is that.

Dont forget to join comfyserb

which version and modpack?

A world painted sculpture.

1.7.10 as usual
DL: dropbox.com/s/9f6dp3fi1e3ic3u/Comfy Serb 1.0.zip?dl=0

That still makes no sense. You can't make sculptures in WorldPainter, its for large scale geography. You would use other programs to make sculptures. Are you just baiting or a non-native speaker?

god damn textures are heckin hard how the fuck do you texture wood i'm just staring at this shit and i have no idea what I'm doing

Rip off wood textures? Rip off textures from nip mods? Btw this is pretty comfy.

>no chisel and bits or decocraft
the fuck

Well C&B is memeversions only, so yeah of course. Dunno about decocraft.

how should I install this if I dont want to lose my current modlist?

>chisel and bits in 1.7
we have little tiles which is the same thing

That is sexy looking.

Yes, yes it is.
planetminecraft.com/project/le-monde---a-16k-blocks-wide-gigantic-survival-world-map-18-ready/

is thaumcraft for 1.12 will be released before 2018?

>adding minutes to your startup time for poorly modeled clutter that looks completely out of place

I can fully agree with you about most furnitures looking out of place but name better furniture mod

This is slightly better I think. I want to add more blocks, where the support is on the edges, and also diagonal supports, so you can do proper framed daub houses. The fact that there's framing on all sides of the block looks kind of meh sometimes, but I don't know if there's anything I can do about that.

This is really comfy

Shit, the number of permutations is starting to skyrocket and I haven't even done diagonal supports yet.

thx, the mod is going to add a bunch of building materials, ranging from super primitive shit like wattle and thatch, to more advanced things like mud brick and adobe, to early medieval things like framed daub, to more specific things like stucco and roughcast. They're all going to be relatively primitive building materials.

I also wanna add some really early game stuff like clay ovens and firepits to go round out the primitive technology. Mainly, I really fucking hate the way most mods handle campfires. I shouldn't need to mine stone to build a fucking campfire come on

Ye Gamol Chattels, Landlust, Crayfish, Custom NPC's, Bibliocraft. Or just use your imagination and use things from other mods as decoration

Do you plan on advancing towards more complex things? A bronze age mod would be pretty fucking rad.

I mean, in the bronze age they still mostly used earthen building materials, with some wood for structural support. What did you have in mind?

wait, which furnitures Custom NPC adds?

curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/adobe-blocks-2

Babylonian or roman building elements, like the different types of unique bricks from the romans, the concrete, the painted pillars, the paintings of murals and such. If possible why not add ways to do things like bronze on a primitive way like they did on those times.
@CustomNPC on nei if on 1.7.10-1.10 and if above those versions then download it from Noppe's Curseforge page.

How's the performance? I recall reading something about how C&B being near-lagless was only possible because of some shit that happened after 1.8.
>this captcha

it has very little performance impact

>memeversions

I might do some babylonian-esque stuff, but plenty of mods already add classical blocks and architecture, like Chisel and Architecturecraft.

>If possible why not add ways to do things like bronze on a primitive way like they did on those times.
MineFantasy II already exists. I'm not interested in duplicating functionality that exists in other mods.

But funfact, I'm also the guy who's working on the compatibility mod for MF2, TCon, and ExtraTiC, so you can smelt metal in a bloomery, forge the bars into parts, and craft tools. You're also going to be able to craft parts out of wood on the carpenter's bench, which is something I just got working properly yesterday.

I'm also the guy working on Prospecting, so if you have some mods that make it so you can't mine stone without metal tools, then you'll be able to craft your first metal tools with MF2 by using the prospecting mechanics to find copper nuggets. All this shit ties together, you see.

So sort of a terrafirma-lite? I like the idea.

Does anybody know anything about capping the amount of mobs spawning at a time? If I get anywhere near a spawner my framerate completely shits itself and I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting.

>Chisel
Chisel doesn't have anything too outstanding, specially since most it adds it's pretty generic. Chisel is mostly more outstanding in tech materials.
>Architecturecraft
Architecturecraft is a Carpenter Blocks 2.0 though.
>But funfact, I'm also the guy who's working on the compatibility mod for MF2, TCon, and ExtraTiC, so you can smelt metal in a bloomery, forge the bars into parts, and craft tools. You're also going to be able to craft parts out of wood on the carpenter's bench, which is something I just got working properly yesterday.
Nice, I'm honestly getting hyped about this, when do you think it could release?
>memeversions
Why don't you take the mod he posted, rip the textures and port it to 1.7.10? Alongside Rustic and whatever cool things we're missing like Immersive Engineering new features.

>buildcraft
>decocraft
>tinkers

Need some less common mods for 1.7.10 that adds things in the world worth exploring

>still no thaumcraft for 1.10.2
What is taking him so long?

>So sort of a terrafirma-lite?
Pretty much exactly TFC-lite.

>Chisel doesn't have anything too outstanding
The different kinds of themed bricks are pretty nice imo.

>Nice, I'm honestly getting hyped about this, when do you think it could release?
I dunno. I have most of the "core" things done. I have code that lets me register a material with MF2, and then use that material to forge TCon tool parts on the anvil or carpenter's bench (depending on the material), but setting everything up and working out the kinks is gonna take some time. Once that's done, I'll probably do an initial release, but future plans are to add TCon analogues for MF2 weapons like halberds, and also to integrate TCon's weapons into MF2's damage type system.

>Why don't you take the mod he posted, rip the textures and port it to 1.7.10?
If you look at the screenshots, it's a really amateurish mod. The textures are all just basic recolors of vanilla assets. It really doesn't do anything noteworthy.

>Rustic
To my knowledge, most of the stuff Rustic adds is already available on 1.7.10 in one form or another. Gardenstuff adds wrought iron chandeliers, Growthcraft adds barrels and brewing, Chisel adds pillars, Better Storage adds cabinets, etc. Though, I do want to add some stuff like roofing tiles and jars and pots and wicker/wattle baskets.

>Immersive Engineering
IE has a shitload of rendering code which would be an absolute nightmare to backport, especially since I'm shit at graphics programming.

>half of mods are being ported to 1.10.2 only
>other half to 1.12.2
what went wrong?

When are they going to release a new MultiMC release with the new stuff like curse pack downloading and all that jazz? It's been a while.

People convinced themselves to "upgrade" from 1.7.10.

What version are you doing it for?

1.7.10, and no I won't port anything to newer versions. My code is all licensed under Unlicense, though, so if anyone else wants to port it they're more than welcome.

Atum, Ancient Warfare 2, Techguns
If models would be too hard then how about blocks and other things it adds, even if it's just decorative.

Why are there so few mods for underground features? Quark and Underground Ocean are the only two that really add anything I can think of. I'd love to have some dedicated underground crops and trees, DF style. Maybe with their own mini biomes underground.

>Why are there so few mods for underground features?
Because Minecraft's world generator doesn't really make that sort of things easy.

Is it possible to have both ancient warfare and reccurent complex structures?

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be.

I don't know anything about actually making a mod, why is this? Half of the game is pretty much underground and there's been very little improvement since the beginning.

>why is this?
Basically, the way a world generator works is that your code gets given an object representing the game world, and chunk coordinates to generate in. Now, the game has a function to basically find the surface, so you can easily spawn in things on the surface. But there's no super simple way to spawn things in caves, for example. You'd have to search the chunk manually in your code to find if there are any empty spaces below ground, and then spawn things. That kind of calculation could get kind of expensive. It's not something that completely prevents you from spawning things underground, which is why there ARE mods that do it, but it does put the barrier to entry above the skill level of most modders, who are amateurs who don't know much about programming beyond the tutorials they followed.

also god fucking damn it I'm gonna have to make little corner pieces. This is getting out of hand.

>Railcraft plates aren't oredicted
You fucking piece of shit.
Time to waste a few hours minetweaking everything I guess.

What is that gun from? And that crate and bed? This is pretty comfy btw.

crate is probably Better Storage and bed is probably Vegan Option. if you ignore the name it's actually a pretty cool mod.

What about the gun? It looks pretty rad
>Vegan Option
>Both 1.10 and 1.7 version
nice.

Where would one go to find some obscure japanese mods

from the looks of it, Techguns. I don't really use it so I couldn't tell at a glance

why does it matter?

Because I disabled the factory module to try making RC a bit lighter for my toaster (and it worked) and I wanted to use plate recipes that aren't as dumb as 4 ingots in a box.

What does this have to do with oredict?

use other mod's plates in recipes?

Because if RC's plates were in the ore dictionary, I wouldn't need to minetweak anything because its recipes would work with the myriad of other plate types in my pack.
And while I'm at that, the recipes for tanks are pretty annoying too because they store the tank's color in some internal tag, so you can't just use the simple recipe removal function because that removes all colored tank parts.

gotcha, sorry im daft.

I don't recognize that gun from Techguns..

I should have expected this but fuck me there's got to be a better way to do this shit.

it's the musket, fires stone balls

>Corrupt Your World In Under A Month: The Pack

Can I add RTG onto my existing 1.7.10 BoP world without issues? Idgaf about chunk borders looking weird.

No, RTG uses a custom world type.

Mod suggestions for better/more enemies or combat? Mechanics tweaks also welcome.

so what biome or world generators would work with BOP if installed?

I like building buildings in creative but I'm out of practice and way out of the loop on new blocks

Is there like a gallery that shows different minecraft architectural styles? are there even people who keep track of this sort of thing?

What version will you be using.

RTG adds BoP biomes with Climate Control but it still probably won't play well with an existing world

You misunderstand. To use RTG, you have to select the RTG world type when creating a world, or RTG won't be used as your world generator. You can't use RTG on an existing map. It has nothing to do with BoP.

Can't help you rip

smeltery drains can suck liquid from just about anything in existence, if you have tinker's

even my dick?

Check out noodlers builds (Google mcnoodler) but mostly to answer your question, no. There's no catalogue of mc "architecture styles" because you can just look at irl architecture styles and make them in mc.

If you place your dick as a block in the world then sure why the fuck not

>filter curseforge mods by version
>1.7.10: 204 pages
>1.10.2: 146 pages
>1.12.2: 68 pages

lmao memeversions are a joke.

>implying floating islands have to have come from directly below where they're floating
gg. you lack IMAGINAAAAATION.

i'll code it for memeversions only tho

>Filter iPhone purchased by gen
>Lol older iPhones have more purchases
You'd make a great press staff for Trump.

OBSESSED

Is there a server that Veeky Forums plays on regularly that isn't too complex? I haven't played in years and never messed around with mods very much, been feeling like trying it out again.

For mods ComfySerb
For vanilla 2b2t

I don't know of any, but now that you mention it an architecture catalogue'd be really neat

instead of adding, you should remove faggots construct and botania

the rest looks fine

>christmas
>thaumcraft
>getting updated
>he doesnt know

i pity your ignorance