/domg/ - Dominions General

Cataclysm Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
Read it.
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
Coming sooner or later.
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
The best way to learn how to play is to get stomped.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
For testing stuff.
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=BigGame
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Second for Ichtyids.

Tons of mages that no one will ever recruit. But they seem pretty decent, between cheap sacred S1 ogres for communions and ring forgers in the capital.

I love ichtyids!

Fuck you admin I'm going to bed.

does death explosion work with reanimators?

Cross breeding techniques anyone? Not that I want to have unholy coitus with a horse mare.

>Your throne gets eaten the turn you claim it
>The guy who was leading an expansion party out of your cap was eaten by a horror

Repeating for new thread.
>Just got to my new turn in AssMasterBlasters, and it looks like all of the orders I made to ONE SPECIFIC commander last turn got lost. He didn't get assigned the troops I assigned him. He didn't get scripting I set up. He didn't make the move I ordered him to make. Managed to still win the battle regardless, but that shit ain't right. I just went and double checked the 2h I sent, and he was definitely TOLD to do that stuff.

Anyone else seen that at all?

put ponos to vagoo and jam it in!

That's what you get for playing in a turn 5 cataclysm game with a pretender named Horror Magnet, bub.

M-maybe they'll leave me alone now. They've had their fill of girl power flesh.

TAKE TURNS

should i buy 5 and come back to playing

I dunno bout you but ima buy 5 and stay not playing.

Cause I'm retarded.

IT STARTED DO YOUR TURN

>tfw want to buy dommy 5
>don't have a computer

I fucking love this main menu music.

I do to but removing music queues as well as the old music was a mistake

I just want the playlist to be longer

which ichtyid wud u fuq

wat gams still open?

Did illwinter just deadass removed ctissian serpents?

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=BigGame

You get serpents but as a temple dom summon iirc

AHAHAHAHA

TURN 2

wew

>LA large map
[BLOOD INTENSIFIES]

Thinking of buying this game, I see it's mostly centered on magic, but is there a nation or a viable way for me to go magic-less and purge everyone that dares to use it with soldiers?

No

Only in the early game, There is a really neat sense of escalation in the game as everyone makes an arms race for magic

there are nations that are much stronger in the early game
but no, it's impossible to avoid using magic in the late game

MA Ulm comes closest

you go drain 3 and make mages in your dominion wish they were wearing earth boots

wait why would you make your large game LA
there's only like... 12 factions anyone ever wants to play in LA

how 2 blood magic? should i just bloodhunt the shit out of provinces or slowly accumulate bloodslaves?

Forge dowsing rods

I keep getting trash monsters.

i am EA Mictlan

i want to see people trying to defend themselves against the grand horror apocalypse comes

The games last longer on bigger maps and you need more players to compensate for their size and make it an actual multiplayer game

also bigger games > smaller games

Bloodhunt in 4000+ pop provinces.
Use commanders/scouts to transport blood slaves to your labs and back to your hunters

yeah I'm not saying it's bad that it's big, I'm saying that it's bad that it's big in LA because there's just not enough good factions to get more than 8-12 players to start the game

if you want a 20+ man game play EA or MA

Literal garbage

that's MA

oh right

it's RIPSantaMaria

I'm in too many games, I can't keep track anymore.

Here's the REAL pretenders of EA_Games.

where's the *pon*, Yomi?

You can't have a YooooooOOOOOOOOOO without a *pon* at the end, it's just one of those rules

My turn file went to spam, check if yours did too.

P.S. y'all's prophet names suck.

>larger doesn't do anything to already size 6 sacreds

darn

Larger is not worth the points except for the corner case of small size trampler sacreds.

I tested the Enlarge bless on Formation Fighter sacreds, incidentally, and noticed that you could actually fit three size-three units in a square, just like normal formation fighters can fit four size-two units in a square. It's still probably not worth it, but it's a funny novelty. A E5 N10 bless could get you regeneration and enlarge, and enlarge gives 30% extra hitpoints.

Surely it's also good on size 2?

>______ is not worth the points except for the corner case of _______
Literally everything in Dominions

You can play glorious ulm, the closest thing to an antimagic faction, and smash nerds with formations of blacksteel pikemen and crossbows.

But, if the game lasts long enough, eventually they'll tech up enough to do something like summon the King of Elemental Magma to scourge your armies from the face of the world.
(or summon an army of undead and slowly poison the air, or combine the powers of their mages in a magical communion that allows them to smite you with meteors, etc. etc.

And there's only so much you can do against that without magic of your own.

bloodhunt a little at first, start forging dousing rods, fill every province with 5000-12000 pop with 4+ bloodhunters and a ton of patrollers, adding provinces as soon as you have the rods and patrollers.

Ulm is a nation that worships steel and human might over sorcery and faith. They still use simple yet destructive magic however.

Not most of the time. You can only fit two size-three units in a square under normal circumstances, and if you have a square of size threes fighting a square of size twos, the size twos will get off one more attack against the size threes. Barring cases like Trample, Engulf, etc, being smaller is usually better.

It's part of why ko-oni are so good, actually, they have stats comparable to most size 2 units despite only being size one, meaning you can fit six of them in a square.

Regeneration and more hit points was not really a corner case.

Only really good for giants.

Yeah but you have to tank your scales to get that bless and because of the new recruitment point system and how combat seems to work you're literally better off just recruiting vanilla units and properly scripting them to expand then trying to make mediocre sacreds marginally better.

so
playing 30 turns as ea ctis
with a dom10 awake pretender
priests a preaching everywhere
drowning the world in temples and palisades
not a single sacred serpent
not in my cap, not in swamps, not with priests preaching, not with forts, not with priests preaching in templed forts in swamps, not with lizard kings just preaching
is there something im missing? surely i'd get one by now.

Is it just me or are provinces with recruitable scouts much more common now?

monfirnetion boes

This seems to be the best I could do. I guess you just expand using fir bolg for the first year before switching to Unmarked, but it's honestly really rough that Enlarged has to be an Incarnate-only blessing. It'd be rather attractive for size-four and size-five giant nations, along with EA Abysia, if you could take it Imprisoned.

if i get astral on my fountain of blood, can i teleport it around?

You could in 3 and four. The only Pretender I know of that can never move under any circumstances was the sphinx-shaped Monument pretender.

>larger for a nation with native size 6 giants
you know that even if they were size 5 larger doesn't work for size 5 right?

I want to get in on Big Game but haven't played LA before. I'm considering either Arco or Lemuria. Any tips?

I specified Unmarked for a reason. I tried doing it with Hinnom and Abysia but they didn't have great Pretender chassis for it. I'd never actually USE that blessing on Fomoria, just illustrating how you could build that blessing.

ffs games literally always fill while I'm at work

new game nao

Why not submit a pretender on your lunch break?

>he doesnt play dominions at work

Is there a list of all Trinity pretenders and some good builds for them? I want to try them out

Morrigana and Hooded Flasher are the only ones, as far as I know.

Here's the list:

Morrigan
Hooded Spirit

Summod for doms5 when

That's surprisingly small. I vaguely remember one of the Japanese Kami being previewed as one in beta but I guess it got changed

lemuria is
1. already taken
2. far too fucking strong in dom5 to not get hacked first
Arco seems fine for a beginner nation but IDK, the BIG GAME isn't all that serious with 20 players and a map shaped like a butthole so it's not like you do something wrong

There's some kind of summon order?

What's up with Lemuria in doms5?

Arco is a hardcore communion nation in LA. Their troops are probably way better with the formation fighter buffs. Still suffering.

Immortal got buffed to fuck, and some of the new cheap blesses complement their ethereal sacred thugs very well.

AH-A

HIGH PRIESTS OF CTIS CAN SPECIALLY TRAIN THEM.

I'm not rereleasing summod for dom5. releasing a balance mod for a different game is silly.

I will release sumchocolate that has some cool stuff for nonbalance purposes. Probably stuff like shinyu kunshu ritual, la pythium (should be fun with new stuff), ma man king arthur shit, etc.

>modding for a nichè game
For what purpose?

I can never tell if Yomi, Shinuyama, or Jomon are any good or not, Jomon especially given that it's basically an UW nation that pretends it's a serious above-water nation.

Because it's fun and easy. Hell, I modded for Dom3 back in the day.

sorry I am a kiwi and have like 10 hour work days too so gonna do this now

But noone will use the mods. The game is primarily multiplayer, SP sucks, and how will you find 6 or so players wholl agree to use your OC nation or whatever you've got? Mods only matter for SP games, and those are underwhelming

I don't think I've played a single dom4 game that didn't use worthy heroes, and a lot of them used summod.

Magic Enhanced also got some mileage, and most communities have a modnations game every now and then.

I think it's safe to say Dom5 will be similar on the modding front.

I can't tell if you're being intentionally dense. There are a number of mods that saw fairly wide multiplayer usage, like Worthy Heroes or MagicEnhanced, and so forth.

You're deluded, user.

>our forces have been beaten

What bless?

You didn't take the province. A pyrrhic victory is still a victory.

How so? Are you implying that Dominions mp games never had many mods in them? Or do you accept that they did, and instead dispute the idea that this trend will continue into Dom5?

Just wait till you see my innovative mothers of avalon transformation strat

GIANT
CLOUD TRAPEZIN
PIGGUS

>giving away your strategy before you've used it