/2hug/ - Touhou General - 66

A cute girl edition
Previous thread: >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>Fangames pastebin
pastebin.com/CkevyNjm

Everyone is still wondering wether touhou is a game or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

nhentai.net/g/68990/
youtube.com/watch?v=61-RF-q7RmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love /2hug/!

Previous thread: /2hug/ - Touhou General - 66
This thead: /2hug/ - Touhou General - 66

ONE
JOB
KAGUYA
ONE
FUCkING
JOB

How does Kaguya survive in Gensokyo without a hat?

Rood, oh well at least someone covered the new thread instead.

Once more we goofed up. It's fine though at least we have a new thread.

It's "whether," user, you baka.

decent thread theme anyways though

Immortality, duh.

A very cute NEET girl

Is that PC98 Yuuka on the right?

Why is UFO so shit? it ruined the entire series

no pc-98 yuuka had pants and long hair

Not at all. That's windows era Yuuka, PC-98 Yuuka had long hair and pants. Or pajamas, depending on the stage.

>PC 98 Yuuka
Why would you come here saying this dumb things?

but that face though

because I've only seen the portrait of 98 Yuuka.

That’s the normal yuuka. PC-98 has leggings and much longer hair

A big fairy.

Because he's a newfriend reading through the print works before he plays through the games or anything.

This is windows Yuuka new friend.

Wait no. It might have been Phantasmagoria Yuuka.
Nevermind I'm really fucking wrong. Ignore

who had the best windows portrait?

PC-98 hasn't been relevant since EoSD man, it's a shame but even Alice and Yuuka are very vague references of their former games. ZUN keeps PC-98's canonicity in limbo so he can pull characters out of the aether if he decides to. It's both canon and non-canon until stated to be false and even then it's just as permeable

Okuu

4u

Kaguya or Medicine.

>Because he's a newfriend reading through the print works before he plays through the games or anything.
Why would he do that? Why go blind on them? Like he isn't even going to understand shit.

Raisin's is pretty decent, honestly.

Bedroom eyes Eiki and Komachi should be made illegal.

Because it gets me excited to play the games.
Also There's not a whole lot to understand, and it's not like I can't just pick up on shit over time like I've been doing.

He apparently read through wikis and probably gave a game a whirl, but I don't think he's really gotten into games. We had to explain to him how Gensokyo works just two threads ago. It kinda makes sense if you get interested because people are posting some lore bits, and you want to learn more about the lore behind the world and stuff.

I love the art upgrade midthrough EoSD and the downgrade at PCB (the portraits of the sisters are from PoFV though) until Yuyuko/Ran.
>who had the best windows portrait?
Nitori is pretty well drawn.

But I'm playing Seasons right now. That's just how I do things.

Nitori does have a nice design to her. She’s one of my favorites for sure

>the chain of portraits including Sakuya's original one is an "upgrade"

I also finished 2huvania last night.

>Lunarians stated to have better tech than gensokyo
>they just have good magic and bolt action single shot/3 round magazine/tube fed magazine rifles with a stock you can't even shoulder and 24 inch barrels on par with the rest of the world 20 years before the turn of the century.
>Kappa have optical camo suits, laser guns and literal missiles
But them Lunarians have bayonets at least! IT bugs me way more than it should

I always got this vibe that Rumia's Portrait was in a sort of limbo between the end of PC-98's Style and the beginning of the Windows Style rather than just plain starting the Windows Style, it stands out more than others to me for some reason.

>not thinking EoSD Sakuya is an upgrade

I agree, I don't even particularly care for Rumia, but I think she's got one of the best portraits, next to Reimu, in her game. It stands out quite a bit.

Compare to PCB Mopkuya.

Even if the shape is all wonky, it's still completely more detailed than early EoSD.
That's honestly what I feel of the entirety of EoSD, like the plot, the early portraits, the music and the game itself feels too alien to the rest of Windows era touhou and it does make it a unique game.
Let it go user, and they do have better technology like the magic rope to tie hands and the magic fan to nuke the forest.

EoSD has some of the weirdest portraits you can find, yet they still have a good charm to them. The sakuya face still sticks out yet people still love it. The worst one that game had was meiling

Why can't Zun decide on consistent eye colors?

>Technology
>magic
I know it's my own autism getting to me, but fuck if I don't consider that a glaring oversight.

In terms of general themes throughout literature and other sources, magic is no more than a technological analogue. Perhaps ZUN inspires us all to consider the implications of using the two utterly interchangeably by conflating them so blatantly.

or maybe ZUN's a hack

In the case of sakuya and youmu, their eye's turn red when they are emotionally.... angry.

For everyone else, your guess is as good as mine.

It's so bad when you consider that MoF and SSiB were released within a month of each other.

Well the majority of the characters aren't exactly cut from the same fabric as the rest of 2hu is it?
Aren't the majority of 2hu games japanese shinto related and what not, but EoSD is more like a western and mythical creature kind of thing?

It is. That was ZUN's big surprise and theme of the game. Opening up with a big surprise. In a game called "Eastern" the first game is all about western monsters and places.

I had forgotten how fucking weird-looking Remilia is.

If this is true then why doesn't Reimu always win these to get followers? Or is Manga Reimu pretty shitty?

I mean I guess looking at the popularity of EoSD and the popularity of some of LolK's characters, I think I know what makes people prefer them over others.

>forgot image
f u g

Well, EoSD has a good amount of seniority going for it. It's the oldest windows game around after all, and the SDM cast was in pretty much every game between 6 and 10, and they're in most any print work I can think of in one way or another. LoLK has the benefit of just being well written, we know more about Junko than we do 90% of the other stage 6 bosses, besides maybe Remilia and Kaguya.

cute bat dude!

Junko is kinda cheating because alongside Kaguya, her backstory was just stolen from a tale.

Remilia is intimidating and scary, not cute. Do not demean the Mistress like that.

Remi doesn't look weird. Remi looks super cute. Even her EoSD portrait is super cute.

Remilia is both scary and cute. It depends on the situation.

Remi likes to eat food, but not sour food

Sour candy is the best though, does she like salty food at least?

>Remi likes to eat food

I don't believe it. Source or this is just headcanon.

Remi doesn't like to eat food
-Zun

You know what she does like to eat though?
Penis.

I believe it.

Please don't spread false rumours about my wife.

Your wife literally sucks though dude. Blood that is.

He's only spreading truthful rumors though.

I'll eat her penis.

Can you really say you love your 2hu if you wouldn't?

I'd be very surprised if my 2hu had a penis. But I guess that could happen if you work with shady drugs all the time.

>that one doujin where reimu had a futa cock and raped the EoSD cast and fairies

Gimme that sauce, buddy

but futa sucks. is there a good doujin where the EoSD cast gets loved tenderly by
a man who fucks them all?

There's several of those for the SDM, but EoSD as a whole, not really.

Would you suck your 2hu's penis?

I'm down with just the SDM or any group of characters really.

Well it's still my 2hu, so she's gonna look like a cute girl either way. So I don't see why I wouldn't, if a bit hesitantly because futa sux. I'd totally give her a reach around while fugging her though.

nhentai.net/g/68990/

>nhentai.net/g/68990/
>Kichikuou Reimu
Where's the Gahaha?

>gahaha
not that user, but is that that one image with the long tongue and fucked-up face?

Is it okay to like Aya?

It’s fine, but her paper is filled with yellow journalism

So has Zun said anything yet about the impact of the Steam launch?

Damn Eiki is tiny, no wonder people don't listen to her.

Are Aya and Okuu friends

They should team up and make a show. Call it bird up

How would the outside world view Reimu based on social standards? Would she be seen as a delinquent?

You respect the itty bitty eiki!

she would probably be a fun drinking buddy, but she'd probably be the loudmouth dyke that gets thrown out of the bar every night and her friend would have to take her home

Sanae is a good girl, she seems like the class rep type.

Marisa seems like the girl who would take her home, if not also get thrown out with her

She seems like the bullyable type desu

Marisa's a jackass, huh.

She and Reimu drank some sort of Sake the night before that's making them act like Oni.

Wow, it was an Oni who gave them such a thing, right? Nobody but a real Oni would be in possession of such an object surely.

It only makes you act like an oni if you are already in good health, and otherwise has some restorative properties.

The issue with that being the person that usually drinks from it is permanently not in good health.

I can think of no other cause for this debacle. Someone should find that Oni and shave her horns off with a belt sander.

What if Junko but small?

Yeah, or throw some beans at them.

Throw beans at them while sanding off her horns

youtube.com/watch?v=61-RF-q7RmI

daughteru tier

Is throwing beans at oni really advisable?